Author Topic: [IC] H1 Linear Switch by HHHH - In-Stock Sale Tomorrow  (Read 96765 times)

Offline ThereminGoat

Re: [IC] H1 Linear Switch by HHHH - Vendors Announced
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 18:51:59 »
Looks to me JWK took both parties for a ride and gave them each a recoloured alpaca.

I'd just like to point out that this is officially the dumbest comment in this entire thread and if anyone surpasses it, it is through sheer will of force.

First of all, Alpacas are Durock property and are only made at JWK. Neither the H1 nor Obsidians are made under Durock's sphere. Secondly, both of these switches feature different housing materials than each other as well as Alpacas. Third, Alpacas are not the first nor the flagship Durock product, so the fact that you (and several other people) are claiming that things are "Alpaca-clones" is wrong both in timeline and understanding. Fourth, both HHHH and 43 bought samples of these pieces from JWK prior to actually committing on them, ergo they clearly were aware these were not Alpaca switches. Fifth, this list is starting to get annoying. And finally (#6), 43 Studios has pointed out that he has custom engraving on his top housing that the Alpacas nor the HHHH's have.

I understand that these H1 switches aren't really Alpaca CLONES because they are not made from the exact same molds and because Durock is not involved in the making of them. But my question is: how exactly do they differ? Alpacas are also nylon bottom, PolyCarb top, and POM stems made by JWK. This is in direct contradiction to your second point stating that the materials between the two are different. It seems the differences between the H1s and Alpacas is the "thicker" top housing (which is very intriguing to me) and spring weight. Is there any other big differentiation between the two?

If you refer to my linked writeup from Eniigma I explain that not all polyamides are Nylon whereas Nylon is the family name for a specific class of polyamides. They are different.

Offline dyka.tran

« Reply #251 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 21:35:17 »
- Will I buy this switch?
Yes, I will.
- How much do I want?
Cheaper than switches with the same specs on the market would be nice.
- Anything else?
No factory lube please.

I just want to show eniigma and HHHH my idea for this IC because some people here are busy pointing to each other like a more ridiculous version of some Phoenix Wright game.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #252 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 21:44:20 »
- Will I buy this switch?
Yes, I will.
- How much do I want?
Cheaper than switches with the same specs on the market would be nice.
- Anything else?
No factory lube please.

I just want to show eniigma and HHHH my idea for this IC because some people here are busy pointing to each other like a more ridiculous version of some Phoenix Wright game.
I mean including the creators XD

Offline dyka.tran

« Reply #253 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 22:42:12 »
One bunch of thic-thock linear switches with no drama, please :'(

Offline cryworm

« Reply #254 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 00:44:09 »
Looks to me JWK took both parties for a ride and gave them each a recoloured alpaca.

I'd just like to point out that this is officially the dumbest comment in this entire thread and if anyone surpasses it, it is through sheer will of force.

First of all, Alpacas are Durock property and are only made at JWK. Neither the H1 nor Obsidians are made under Durock's sphere. Secondly, both of these switches feature different housing materials than each other as well as Alpacas. Third, Alpacas are not the first nor the flagship Durock product, so the fact that you (and several other people) are claiming that things are "Alpaca-clones" is wrong both in timeline and understanding. Fourth, both HHHH and 43 bought samples of these pieces from JWK prior to actually committing on them, ergo they clearly were aware these were not Alpaca switches. Fifth, this list is starting to get annoying. And finally (#6), 43 Studios has pointed out that he has custom engraving on his top housing that the Alpacas nor the HHHH's have.

I understand that these H1 switches aren't really Alpaca CLONES because they are not made from the exact same molds and because Durock is not involved in the making of them. But my question is: how exactly do they differ? Alpacas are also nylon bottom, PolyCarb top, and POM stems made by JWK. This is in direct contradiction to your second point stating that the materials between the two are different. It seems the differences between the H1s and Alpacas is the "thicker" top housing (which is very intriguing to me) and spring weight. Is there any other big differentiation between the two?

If you refer to my linked writeup from Eniigma I explain that not all polyamides are Nylon whereas Nylon is the family name for a specific class of polyamides. They are different.

H1s are polyamide bottom. Not exactly nylon

This is very interesting! Thank you both for the information. I will definitely be buying a batch of these switchess

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
« Reply #255 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 01:10:26 »
One bunch of thic-thock linear switches with no drama, please :'(

:-*

Offline vsrnth

« Reply #256 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 04:10:40 »
Will switches with lesser spring weight be available?

Something in the range of 62-67g?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline dyka.tran

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 04:23:23 »

Nope, HHHH wants to make a Vintage Black-like switch so 78gr is the only option now, but swapping springs by yourself isn't difficult, is it?

Offline vsrnth

« Reply #258 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 04:24:59 »

Nope, HHHH wants to make a Vintage Black-like switch so 78gr is the only option now, but swapping springs by yourself isn't difficult, is it?
I'll swap out the springs for sure, was just curious if there was going to be such an offering since a lot of people would be interested.

Offline lolpes

« Reply #259 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 04:56:21 »
78g may be a bit too much for me, i'll probably swap out springs for 62g. But will give it a try nonetheless.

Having said that i do have a board built with 120g springs on the mods....don't ask.

Offline dyka.tran

« Reply #260 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 05:05:10 »

I'll swap out the springs for sure, was just curious if there was going to be such an offering since a lot of people would be interested.

You're not alone  :))

Offline Ahngel

« Reply #261 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 08:21:29 »
Nice. An all black alpaca clone. I've been waiting for a ninja switch.  Wish we could try those obsidians since they are a custom mold and are different but alpacas are great switches and the new standard for linears.   Just price them like all the other clones! $.55!
PSA: this isn't a recolored alpaca.

My bad lemme rephrase

Nice. An all black jwk clone. I've been waiting for a ninja switch.  Wish we could try those obsidians since they are a custom mold and are different but jwks  are great switches and the new standard for linears.   Just price them like all the other clones! $.55!

Offline datfroyodoe

« Reply #262 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 18:57:08 »

You're not alone  :))
Me too. Spring swapping isn't difficult but I'm all for less wastage of parts.

Offline itskuroi

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 19:12:43 »
Nice. An all black alpaca clone. I've been waiting for a ninja switch.  Wish we could try those obsidians since they are a custom mold and are different but alpacas are great switches and the new standard for linears.   Just price them like all the other clones! $.55!

My bad lemme rephrase

Nice. An all black jwk clone. I've been waiting for a ninja switch.  Wish we could try those obsidians since they are a custom mold and are different but jwks  are great switches and the new standard for linears.   Just price them like all the other clones! $.55!

how'd jwk clone itself

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 19:59:20 »

My bad lemme rephrase

how'd jwk clone itself

I'd say a clone of oneself is a reproduction, but I digress
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #265 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 12:22:13 »

Yup, wouldn't mind a 67g spring as an option..

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline jrs

« Reply #266 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 13:12:01 »
65g spring option would be ideal for me.

Offline Rozalin81

« Reply #267 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 13:16:31 »
An easy to get vintage black clone? Definitely getting in on this. I can always spring swap since 78g is a tad bit much for my likings.
Reddit - u/Rozalin81
Discord - Arstallie#4516

Duck Octagon v3 // Vintage Blacks // Modern Dolch

Offline jedidood

• aka neovisual
« Reply #268 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 02:28:07 »
Sold, this could be what I am looking for all along.

Offline Koniotaur

« Reply #269 on: Thu, 27 February 2020, 08:07:43 »
Finally a monochrome and heavy linear.

Offline quad_h

« Reply #270 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 04:07:51 »
Hello guys,43 studio there.
Recently, there are lot of friend tells me that there is a switch on Geekhack that is very similar to my obsidian switch, I read the post and I will respond to the following points:
First of all, the accusation of plagiarism H1 switch.I got the idea to make an extremely smooth switch just like vintage MX black at October the 2019 when I were loving using vintage black switches .To achieve this.I place the order with some new technology to jwick in the end of October 2019.
And I got my sample at Nov.28,Share them with my trusted friend,earlier then HHHH got the sample.
At January of 2020,I Sold some test Pack,and begin Group buy from jan.14 to Feb.14
HHHH is everything later then my obsidian switch ,and you just accuse me of plagiarizing your switch? Plz tell me how can I stealing your ideas?
About the clone.This two switch have significant difference,obsidian using 62cn Black spring,and the custom build switch tops with a side engraved 43 studio logo.
The following are some evidence screenshot and links:
1.   The picture I got sample and share with my friend(Nov.28)
Show Image

Show Image

2.   My IC post in Zfrontier(A famous Chinese form):
https://www.zfrontier.com/post/detail/18102
I hope you will respond one by one to what I said above,I have relevant legal documents, if necessary, can be litigated;

This is JWK's official statement.
Our clientele, gh Forumid:43studio) and Quad_h(gh Forumid:quad_h), respectively, ordered obsidian and H1 in November 2019.
The two products are independent products, and there is no plagiarism, There is no case of copying ideas or plagiarizing works.

I also solved the misunderstanding with Studio 43 through JWK and decided to proceed if there is a chance to collaborate in the future.
The H1 switch will proceed as scheduled.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #271 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 06:48:52 »
Look at that. Friendship!

Offline self

« Reply #272 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 07:07:32 »
Grad this was happily resolved!
Waiting for the GB! :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #273 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 08:01:11 »
Glad to hear the drama was squashed! Now onto the GB so we can all get some nice black colored linear switches! :thumb:

Offline ChickenBear

« Reply #274 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 10:52:17 »
Can someone TLDR this drama lol

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #275 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 11:37:47 »
Can someone TLDR this drama lol

Basically quad_h & someone else both came up with the ideal to make an improved MX black & had samples made from JWK right around the same time. AFAIK quad_h & the other person never had any beef over it, it was just the people who knew of both switches throwing around accusations of whoever they supported having their design copied/stolen. Since then quad_h & the other party have talked & squashed any allegations of copying so both GBs will be going forward. I believe the Obsidian switch (other guy's switch) is supposed to be exclusive to Chinese & close Asian markets while the H1 switch (quad_h's switch) will be a world wide GB, but don't quote me on that though, as I'm not 100% sure that is the case.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 February 2020, 11:40:35 by Rob27shred »

Offline dbeats824

« Reply #276 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 15:37:03 »
Do we have an update on if the switches will no longer be prelubed? I would much rather have the switches come unlubed from the factory and apply the lubing myself. Big deciding factor on if I participate in the GB or not.

Offline vsrnth

« Reply #277 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 16:35:49 »
Do we have an update on if the switches will no longer be prelubed? I would much rather have the switches come unlubed from the factory and apply the lubing myself. Big deciding factor on if I participate in the GB or not.
+1 for unlubed switches

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #278 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 17:15:59 »
All of the vendors were satisfied with the menial amount of factory lube preapplied, so it will stay that way. We're trying to make this an option for new users, who may not want to lube their switches, and experienced users alike, and we think that the amount preapplied is a happy compromise.

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #279 on: Sat, 29 February 2020, 17:25:32 »
I have not had any issue with pre-lubed switches (didn't buy the first MD HP's). I think people are unnecessarily scared because of what happened with the Drop HP's. There really shouldn't be an issue for those who want to lube to simply lube over what is factory applied.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #280 on: Sun, 01 March 2020, 18:04:59 »
Here's my typing test using these switches.
Here is a typing test with the H1 switches, lubed with MCG 129, and with stock springs.

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #281 on: Sun, 01 March 2020, 18:31:36 »
Vendor Announcement!
We've partnered with these amazing vendors to bring this switch to every corner of the world!
North America: Novelkeys
Europe: MyKeyboard
Asia: iLumKB 
Oceania: DailyClack

Maybe update the first post with this info? Lotta scrolling to find this.
My bad, it was camouflaged.   ;)
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 March 2020, 18:33:13 by msting »

Offline CaptainVinceO2

• ApexKeyboards
« Reply #282 on: Sun, 01 March 2020, 19:39:02 »
Interested in proxying for Canadians! DM'd on Discord  :thumb:

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #283 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 12:53:11 »
Interested in proxying for Canadians! DM'd on Discord  :thumb:

Interested in this option!

Offline cryworm

« Reply #284 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 13:13:19 »
Here's my typing test using these switches.
Here is a typing test with the H1 switches, lubed with MCG 129, and with stock springs.

They sound pretty good! I like the low pitch. Can you give us more details about this keyboard build this sound clip is from? It's pretty important to know what the material of the plate is at least.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #285 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 13:42:53 »
It's an aluminum plate in the prototype for my latest project, Infinitum. Here's the link if you're interested.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103574.0

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
Re: [IC] H1 Linear Switch by HHHH - Canada Vendor announced!
« Reply #286 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 21:27:28 »
The Canada vendor has been announced! We're working with ApexKeyboards to bring the H1 switches to Canada!

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #287 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 21:29:04 »
The Canada vendor has been announced! We're working with ApexKeyboards to bring the H1 switches to Canada!
Poggers

Offline GaNeBaL

« Reply #288 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 21:33:20 »
Let's GOOOOOOOO
Obsessed with 60%TKLs

Offline CaptainVinceO2

• ApexKeyboards
« Reply #289 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 22:20:28 »
Happy to be proxying H1's for Canada  :thumb: looking forward to checking out some samples.

Offline jedidood

• aka neovisual
« Reply #290 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 23:33:23 »
Poggers

Cannot be more happier!!

Offline noodleman

« Reply #291 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 08:36:49 »
wooo canadian vendor!

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #292 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 13:52:31 »
Happy to be proxying H1's for Canada  :thumb: looking forward to checking out some samples.

YES!  :-*

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
Re: [IC] H1 Linear Switch by HHHH - In-Stock Sale
« Reply #293 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 16:35:29 »
Hi everyone, eniigma here.
Some pretty major updates here.

This is now no longer going to be held as a group buy (with the exception of 1 vendor). The vendors will be purchasing a certain number of switches, and then they will be released into inventory as soon as they arrive. There are a good number of switches available, so you won't have to play switch FCFS.

ApexKeyboards of Canada will be hosting a preorder for the next couple weeks for the H1 switches, at the price of 8.75 CAD per 10. The preorders will be up tonight on https://www.apexkeyboards.ca/ and they will be for Canada only.

I know this is pretty significant for most of you, but myself, HHHH and the vendors think it will work best this way. It not only reduces risk on our (HHHH's) front, but it also ensures a quick and speedy delivery time. I can't give exact timelines just yet (especially with coronavirus) but the in-stock units will likely release in Q2 of 2020.

If you guys have any other questions, and want quicker updates, feel free to join the discord(s) below:
HHHH's discord: https://discord.gg/3ZZRRhX
My Discord: https://discord.gg/FbdVJbD
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 March 2020, 19:27:42 by eniigma »

Offline aslanxdeft

« Reply #294 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 19:10:08 »
Are the vendors gonna stay the same tho?

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #295 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 19:27:07 »
Are the vendors gonna stay the same tho?
Yes.

Offline of_sam

« Reply #296 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 21:13:56 »
Was hoping for a better price point on these :/ what makes these more expensive than other durock switches?
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #297 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 21:21:06 »
Was hoping for a better price point on these :/ what makes these more expensive than other durock switches?
For starters, these aren't durock switches. They are modified molds, plus the money is being fronted, which means more risk on the vendor side.

Offline kaladinpaladin

« Reply #298 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 21:22:36 »
If you convert that to usd. It's about 65 cents a switch which is the equivalent of creams and 10c more than other durocks. so really not all that much more for a custom version. Maybe the spring? And mold modifications are the reason?

Offline quad_h

« Reply #299 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 22:15:54 »
If you convert that to usd. It's about 65 cents a switch which is the equivalent of creams and 10c more than other durocks. so really not all that much more for a custom version. Maybe the spring? And mold modifications are the reason?

Modification of mold is not the main reason.
There are many reasons such as delivery and import process.

Sorry. There were some errors in our communication.
The sale amount will be approximately six dollars per ten switch. ( excluding taxes from each country )
Eniigma will amend the amount stated.
Sorry I didn't know what was going on with them.

Vendors have different price based on country import export.
Because may vary slightly depending on their situation.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 March 2020, 22:49:39 by quad_h »