Author Topic: [IC] H1 Linear Switch by HHHH - In-Stock Sale Tomorrow  (Read 96376 times)

Offline dyka.tran

Re: [IC] H1 Linear Switch by HHHH
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 04:10:06 »
ooooh i love me some drama. things are heating up in 43's group rn =)
We aren't looking for drama. Just wanted to clear up any confusion that would have inevitably occurred had we not clarified it in the OP.

Don't worry, I believe people here will still buy from quad_h-nim.

On the other hand, have quad_h-nim and you tried lighter springs? 60-70gr?

Offline renolo

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 05:32:29 »
ooooh i love me some drama. things are heating up in 43's group rn =)

Drama? Where? Drama is always fun : P
Doritos, Cheetos, or Fritos.

Offline Momo.Kafka

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 07:39:11 »

+1 Dailyclack for Australian vendors

go Phatty !

Don't mess with me, I am not all there

Offline dantambok

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 08:07:39 »
there's definitely interest and im sure people will gobble up these switches. let's go!
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 08:53:50 »
I’ve tried 5 different type of JWK switches and they all needed switch films to keep the top housing from rattling.  Any chance you could convince them to get that addressed?   
Tolerances were pretty tight from my impressions, but I'll talk to him to see what I can do to tighten it some more.

I experienced the same, although we have yet to see what happens with the Marshmallow switches.

To be clear, historically films were designed to reduce "wobble" in which the top visibly wobbles side to side when you move the slider around. However nowadays by and I think many people use them to reduce "rattle", in which under normal typing conditions the top housing vibrates against the bottom housing. Cherry MX, Gateron (including Zealios), and JWK switches all seem to need it. Kailh Creams need it too but not all films fit due to their thickness. The difference is mostly noticeable in sound, but you can also feel the reduced vibration depending on how sensitive your fingers are. It's even more noticeable with silent switches. It also tends to increase the tactility of tactile switches.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline walie

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 17:13:07 »
So how do we know JWK isn’t lying to everyone and these are just recoloured alpacas?

Offline donkey

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 18:37:23 »
I haven't tried Alpacas but have tried C3 Tangerine R2 and Mauves.

1. H1 from the two videos sounds very similar to how Mauves sound. Slightly sharper but that's could easily be attributed to other build factors as well as the microphone. C3 Tangerine R2 sound is closer to Inks and Tealios than these new crop of silky-thocks from JWK.

2. Mauve rattles and filming does not help. What reduced rattle in my Mauve build is lubing, adjusting reducing spring weight, and trying different keycaps and profiles. AFAIK, the sound is made by the top surface of the slider hitting the top housing which is why reducing spring weight or adding more lube there reduces rattle. But it's not clear whether stronger spring, like H1's 78g, will help or hurt with the rattle.

3. IMO these silky-thocks (Alpaca, Mauve, Marshmallow, and now H1) from JWK are the best value linear switches today. The good news is that we've now reached the level of smoothness where what I can best describe as skating feel surfaces prominently. The bad news is that we now have to choose between skating and buttery feel as they don't mix well (lube adds drag that detracts from skating).

UPDATE:

4. I was able to swap top housing easily with Mauves. C3 Tangerine R2 top fits. Aliaz top fits. etc. I think they all use the same housing design and process, changing only the material and coloring. FYI, nyton top had slightly more rattle than polycarb top.

5. I'd like to see JWK make some silky-clacks by making the stem tip slightly longer like Halo and Cream stems. Too loud for office use but more satisfying soundwise.

6. More details of my Mauve build can be found over at Keebtalk: https://www.keebtalk.com/t/easing-into-linears/6855/323?u=donpark

UPDATE2: I won't be getting H1s as-is because a) I already have Mauves (it's mauvelous) and b) 78g is too much for me. But I'd order in an instant if the mentioned 'modification' is longer stem tip for that addictive CLACK!
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 February 2020, 22:09:53 by donkey »

Offline quad_h

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 18:54:05 »
So how do we know JWK isn’t lying to everyone and these are just recoloured alpacas?

If the switches were previously made by JWK, they could be similar.
Despite my request, JWK didn't offer me a mold for my own use.
Actually, this my request was rude in JWK's position.
That means the mold can be shared.

Switch designers think they should find their own characteristics through materials, colors, and pressure.
If not, I think we're going to have to make a mold that can only be used on its own.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 19:17:17 »
Interested are there going to be proxies for every region? EU,NA,Asia
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Aatlatlatla

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 19:24:07 »
wow these sound really crisp and thocky

Offline quad_h

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 19:33:21 »

I am in talks with NK,MK,DC,ILKB.
I can't afford to send shipping charges abroad. I'm looking for ways to make purchases faster and more comfortable with overseas vendors.

Offline ttom

• Formerly tvaro
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 19:42:09 »

I am in talks with NK,MK,DC,ILKB.
I can't afford to send shipping charges abroad. I'm looking for ways to make purchases faster and more comfortable with overseas vendors.

glad to hear about mk, looking forward to this  :thumb:
Hoarder Collector and designer

Classifieds

Offline dantambok

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 20:26:29 »
oh nice. would love to see an SEA proxy  :thumb:
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 22:15:57 »
oh nice. would love to see an SEA proxy  :thumb:
also planned

Offline delet_d

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 22:39:23 »
is this an HHHH 78g spring, or made to HHHH's spec?

Offline datfroyodoe

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 22:58:41 »
Any lighter spring avail?

Offline Smoff

• 817 785
    • Youtube
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 17:16:42 »
Any lighter spring avail?
Just swap out the spring for something else my guy. That is what I am gonna do
Current boards: Matrix 1.2 OG | Matrix 8xv2.0 | Cherry g80-1000 | Cherry g80-3000 | Matrix 2.0add | Matrix Noah

Boards on the way: Duck Orion v2.5 | Matrix Falcon

Previous boards: BOK.CP | Duck Orion v3 | Mech27v2 | HHKB pro2 x3 | Cherry g80-11800 | NIU mini | Klippe r1 | Brutal60 | Duck Unicorn x Legend | Duck jetfire | Cherry g80-1800 | IDB60 | PC Salamander | Lin Whale r2 | LZ Physix | Duck Viper v3 |

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 21:12:54 »
Why polycarb top housing?

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 21:39:14 »
Why polycarb top housing?
Why not?

In all seriousness though, it's a common material for top housings, and HHHH didn't see any need to change it just for the sake of being different.

The tops are slightly thicker, which reduces the upstroke "clack" noise, so if that was your concern, it shouldn't be an issue.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 21:41:27 »
Just curious, been asking everywhere and the answer seems to be non-existent hah. Seems like all nylon housings sound better so was curious if the PC top was a sound preference akin to milky gaterons.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 21:55:26 »
Just curious, been asking everywhere and the answer seems to be non-existent hah. Seems like all nylon housings sound better so was curious if the PC top was a sound preference akin to milky gaterons.

Polycarb top is chosen mainly for cost-effectiveness. Most switch manufacturers (including JWK) just don't want to produce full nylon switches as it isn't as cost effective as polycarbonate.

To compensate, HHHH has increased the thickness of the tops to better the sound profile. Hope that answers your question.

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 22:14:47 »

Polycarb top is chosen mainly for cost-effectiveness. Most switch manufacturers (including JWK) just don't want to produce full nylon switches as it isn't as cost effective as polycarbonate.

To compensate, HHHH has increased the thickness of the tops to better the sound profile. Hope that answers your question.
I don’t have anything against poly housings, but I think it’d do the switch tremendously if the tolerances are comparable to the panda switches.

Also that makes me hope for a nylon housing with tighter tolerances. Please someone take down Cherry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 22:17:45 »

I don’t have anything against poly housings, but I think it’d do the switch tremendously if the tolerances are comparable to the panda switches.

Also that makes me hope for a nylon housing with tighter tolerances. Please someone take down Cherry

Can confirm that the tolerances are quite tight. Not sure if they're Panda tight (those hurt my hands to open), but they're tight enough that I don't feel like they need switch films.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #123 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 03:20:11 »

It definitely does, thank you!

Offline quad_h

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 01:27:19 »

That's not my spring.
This is a JWK requested spring for pressure similar to Cherry Black.

Offline dyka.tran

« Reply #125 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 02:20:02 »

That's not my spring.

Hi HHHH-nim, does this switch still work well with lighter spring (60-70gr)?

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 02:21:15 »

That's not my spring.

It's a linear switch homie.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #127 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 03:30:09 »

That's not my spring.

I did a spring swap, and it works as well as you'd expect, considering nothing else is changing.

Offline Esquimo

« Reply #128 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 04:57:08 »
Interested for sure, love my speed heavy yellows and tealio, so obviously wanting to give these a go.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #129 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 06:06:20 »
saying Polycarb top is chosen mainly for cost-effectiveness in $1 switches, when Cherry/Gateron full nylon switches are being sold for $0.2-0.5 is ridiculous!  :eek: :eek:
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #130 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 06:12:07 »
I received a sample of these the other day, but currently waiting on my Jane V2 CE to build them and fully review (will use TX switch films and Singa 45g springs). But trying them in hand they feel great so far, smooth and wobble is less than MX Blacks I believe.

saying Polycarb top is chosen mainly for cost-effectiveness in $1 switches, when Cherry/Gateron full nylon switches are being sold for $0.2-0.5 is ridiculous!  :eek: :eek:

Cherry/Gateron are established manufacturers that produce millions of switches, that helps a lot in bringing down pricing.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #131 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 06:22:30 »
Economies of scale.

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #132 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 07:51:36 »
Economies of scale.

Offline Angelsin

« Reply #133 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 08:29:33 »
I've heard rumors that you didn't pay for the new molds on recent batches ? Do you have anything to say against these rumors ?

buy the set for good luck on your next raffle

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 08:38:38 »
I've heard rumors that you didn't pay for the new molds on recent batches ? Do you have anything to say against these rumors ?
Was he supposed to? Don't see anything in the OP saying new molds would be made?

Offline ShAzz

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 08:41:49 »
If the guys name is hxxxhxxxhxxxhxxxx and the guy is called HHHH or QuadH why are these called H1s and not H4s?

Offline dyka.tran

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 08:53:50 »

What kind of tone is this? Are you some kind of reporter who wants to dig up some scandal. quad_h already answered:
Funny. I have seen a very similar switch in China comunication. Its called 'obsidian', and its made by JWK as well.

That's it. That's what I thought. I want to avoid this misunderstanding. I was selling it in Korea while it was receiving applications. Isn't it really funny? I don't think there can be a monopoly on color and pressure. Also, I did not create a new mold and I did it by asking for modification of the existing mold. I think a switch of similar concept can be made because it belongs to JWK.

Offline Angelsin

« Reply #137 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 08:58:08 »

What kind of tone is this? Are you some kind of reporter who wants to dig up some scandal. quad_h already answered:
Funny. I have seen a very similar switch in China comunication. Its called 'obsidian', and its made by JWK as well.

That's it. That's what I thought. I want to avoid this misunderstanding. I was selling it in Korea while it was receiving applications. Isn't it really funny? I don't think there can be a monopoly on color and pressure. Also, I did not create a new mold and I did it by asking for modification of the existing mold. I think a switch of similar concept can be made because it belongs to JWK.

Not quad H, Enigma.

buy the set for good luck on your next raffle

Offline Prelim

« Reply #138 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 10:57:08 »

Economies of scale.

the most absurd is end up paying a high price for a "special switch" and still need to change the top for a nylon one, harvested from regular cherry/gateron switches lol

2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline keyberzerker

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 11:17:17 »

Economies of scale.

the most absurd is end up paying a high price for a "special switch" and still need to change the top for a nylon one, harvested from regular cherry/gateron switches lol

Show Image

And why would you "need to change the top" ?

These switches will be a lot smoother in operation to any regular cherry or gateron switch + they have their own sound signature. These are not there to copy vintage blacks but to create more smooth and even maybe thockier alternative.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 11:43:52 »
Yeah. I don't see any real reason to change if the switch feels good. I've used switches of every type of housing, and even between two with the same materials, one can feel better than the other. There's so many factors that go into it.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 12:39:40 »

just because nylon sounds better and fit tightly, not requiring the usage of switch films like the rest of the switches with PC tops?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #142 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 12:44:00 »

just because nylon sounds better and fit tightly, not requiring the usage of switch films like the rest of the switches with PC tops?
If one balks over switch film pricing, this is not the hobby for them. Lol.

Offline keyberzerker

« Reply #143 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 13:11:02 »

Dude switch films were made for vintage blacks....

Offline Prelim

« Reply #144 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 13:26:37 »

lol? this thread noob level is getting insane...

Offline keyberzerker

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 14:06:42 »

kek stick to your cherry blacks  :-*

Amount of yikes you can get by some people feeling personally threatened or insulted by any other switch or its supporters that dares to challenge THE CHERRY BLACK is amazing!

Offline Prelim

« Reply #146 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 14:10:50 »
I don't even use Cherry blacks @@

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #147 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 14:11:04 »

Amount of yikes you can get by some people feeling personally threatened or insulted by any other switch or its supporters that dares to challenge THE CHERRY BLACK is amazing!
Apparently no one should make anything else ever. That'd show us.

Lotta angst over these switches. If only we could distill it into switch form...
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 February 2020, 14:12:59 by Zeelobby »

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #148 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 18:15:55 »
So many feeling in this thread. Only thing I wish is that they came with zero lube. Any chance that would happen? As someone who lubes, its more work to clean off someone else’s non careful application. Not to mention, who knows what type of lube it is. Personal preference of feel and sound is such a variable, I’m surprised this isn’t brought up more.

Offline vaughno

« Reply #149 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 20:17:07 »

Oh
Unikorn | Orion v3 | GSKT-00