Author Topic: Please do not buy anything at MASSDROP.  (Read 36188 times)

Offline tommyonsn

Please do not buy anything at MASSDROP.
« on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 09:35:33 »
I bought 2 ergo keycaps  (gmk carbon and sa choclate) at Massdrop, both lost. I didn't receive them so far. And they didn't reply anything.
They think consumers are stupid.

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
Re: Please do not buy anything at MASSDROP.
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 09:37:16 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 17:40:59 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81718.0

Although I've bought at least a dozen things from Massdrop, shipped to Australia, without issue (apart from the dismal Triumph Adler packaging, which was not their fault but the plastic boxes GMK packaged the sets in.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 17:43:19 »
I wouldn't buy from them for personal reasons anymore, but they did at least respond to my queries/refund requests (when I did many, many months ago). Seems quite unusual that they haven't in this case.

Offline mrhead

• Thread \ (•◡•) / Stopper
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 17:48:08 »
I bought a set of vortex caps a few years back, had some issues with fitment (3), and duplicates/missing (2-3).  They got back to me right away, letting me know they were working on replacements for me (they let me know up front it would be a few months potentially).  I ended up getting back to them about 6 months later and they ended up sending me an entirely new full keycap set for waiting.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 02:47:35 »
I bought a number of item's thought massdrop and only had 1 issue. They where extremely quick to resolve it. They gave me no grief either about it. They did ask for a picture to confirm missing components. That wasn't a big deal at all 5 secs with my cell phone and finished. My only real beef with massdrop is there use of Fedex smartpost.. which adds 2-3 day's shipping time to anything. I have had packages shipped from across the world quicker using EMS then Massdrop shipments.

Also I think people need to give more credit to massdrop.. like the recent Revo/Orc case problems... if it was massdrop they where dealing with. Cases that where no anodized proper or where lost in transit would/could be refunded.. but sadly the way things are looking now people are just kinda SOL. Cause it was a group buy and when its thought a forum.. there zero QC and liability out side what the group buy runner offers and Paypal.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 January 2018, 02:49:49 by HotRoderX »