Author Topic: KeyForge  (Read 2178568 times)

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
Re: KeyForge - --/--/-- --//-- /-/
« Reply #550 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 00:55:18 »
This one is hard

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #551 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 02:58:32 »
Tittle and image dont match character count, or can I not count >_>

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline tomboy

Re: KeyForge - Sale Thread
« Reply #552 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 05:30:59 »
(Attachment Link)

The plate or whatever is broken into 8 pieces, so maybe the last line is 8-6 as in the 6th of August, which is today?

And some wild guesses  ;D

FANTASIA FUELED 8-6
CONFUSED OCELOT 8-6
MANUALLY FILLED 8-6
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 August 2016, 06:17:05 by tomboy »

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #553 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 08:56:02 »
I'm hoping for one more pic
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #554 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 09:40:06 »

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #555 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 09:41:59 »
Omfg are you serious sneaky potato?

Kintsugi looks amazing!!! Fk me I can not wait to see this :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #556 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 09:42:01 »
I've got it, Kintsugi Sale 9/16!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline tomboy

« Reply #557 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 09:44:43 »
Oh wow, this is going to be epic!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #558 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 09:56:00 »
What's a Kintsugi? Is it that dragon cap? Wasn't it called something else before?

Offline tomboy

« Reply #559 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 10:00:26 »
What's a Kintsugi? Is it that dragon cap? Wasn't it called something else before?

"is the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered gold, silver, or platinum, a method similar to the maki-e technique."

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #560 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 10:02:08 »

"is the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered gold, silver, or platinum, a method similar to the maki-e technique."

So same thing.

Offline jjnist

« Reply #561 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 15:30:39 »
Lmao at what that teaser turned out to be... :)) :)) :))

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #562 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 17:25:12 »
looking forward to the sale dood!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #563 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 18:58:16 »
This sounds really awesome. Can't wait!

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #564 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 19:03:15 »
Show Image

Hmmm 9/16 is 0.5625. What could it mean?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #565 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 19:04:59 »
Also, notice the Saber logo in the bottom left which was not present in the previous two...

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #566 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 02:09:39 »
This will be interesting!
I can't wait to see what you've got for us this time.

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #567 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 21:39:37 »

Yes, and there are philosophical and important aesthetic ideas behind it. Imperfection is perfection. Irregularity is balance. Something that is broken is more complete than something new.

I have a friend who throws pottery in the Japanese folk style with shino and salt glazes. I have some guinomi and yunomi from him:

The blue one in the middle is my favorite. So of course my kitty Clara decided to perorm a gravity experiment with it. I was so upset, scooped the pieces up and threw them away and tried to be zen about possessions not being yours forever. I didn't see my wonderful wife take them out of the trash. She sent them to a kintsugi master in Japan. For my birthday I got:

I'm not really an artisan keycap person. They are neat, but I neither have time or interest in the chase, which is part of the game. But I might have to try for one here. This could be really cool.

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #568 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 22:25:02 »

Yes, and there are philosophical and important aesthetic ideas behind it. Imperfection is perfection. Irregularity is balance. Something that is broken is more complete than something new.

I have a friend who throws pottery in the Japanese folk style with shino and salt glazes. I have some guinomi and yunomi from him:
Show Image

The blue one in the middle is my favorite. So of course my kitty Clara decided to perorm a gravity experiment with it. I was so upset, scooped the pieces up and threw them away and tried to be zen about possessions not being yours forever. I didn't see my wonderful wife take them out of the trash. She sent them to a kintsugi master in Japan. For my birthday I got:

Show Image

I'm not really an artisan keycap person. They are neat, but I neither have time or interest in the chase, which is part of the game. But I might have to try for one here. This could be really cool.

What a fantastic story and lovely outcome!

Can't wait to see these! Definitely hoping to participate.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #569 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 23:36:50 »

Show Image

Show Image

Amazing. Stuff like this was my inspiration. Thank you for sharing.

Offline NAV

• Formerly A_Vicarious_Death
« Reply #570 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 12:13:50 »
Can't wait for this sale! Gonna be so hype.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #571 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 14:44:55 »
Subbed fo sho.

Offline Venediction

Re: KeyForge - Kintsugi Sale 9/16
« Reply #572 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 10:36:42 »
So, they'll be open for business on September 16? Or sale ends then

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #573 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 12:10:47 »
So, they'll be open for business on September 16? Or sale ends then

The Kintsugi sale will begin in September. The specific date will be announced very soon.

We're always open for business bb

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #574 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 13:05:12 »
Such a long wait. Well maybe the wallet will recover in time then.

.... Lol NOT

Sent from a payphone in 1986

Offline Bloodfire

« Reply #575 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 13:16:38 »
Cool, sounds fun.

Offline brighenne

« Reply #576 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 13:24:52 »
I'm just waiting for you to troll us all and make them death cab themed.

Offline robotmaxtron

« Reply #577 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 16:01:13 »

Show Image

Show Image

What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing, the pottery is beautiful.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #578 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 10:28:54 »
Sorry for disappearing guys! I ended up dislocating a rib and I was down for a bit, and had to focus on some other things. Official news about the upcoming sale will be posted tomorrow :D

Due to my injury, this will be a relatively small and exclusive sale with very limited quantities. Stay tuned! :D

Offline tomboy

« Reply #579 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 10:32:46 »
Sorry for disappearing guys! I ended up dislocating a rib and I was down for a bit, and had to focus on some other things. Official news about the upcoming sale will be posted tomorrow :D

Due to my injury, this will be a relatively small and exclusive sale with very limited quantities. Stay tuned! :D

You should rest it out, the sale can wait :)

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #580 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 10:42:11 »

THE SHOW MUST GO ON

Honestly, I'll be okay. Dislocated ribs aren't the end of the world, it just mostly slowed me down this past week. Because of that, I won't really be making any more keys than I already have for the sale. Thanks for the concern :)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #581 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 12:07:47 »

THE SHOW MUST GO ON

Honestly, I'll be okay. Dislocated ribs aren't the end of the world, it just mostly slowed me down this past week. Because of that, I won't really be making any more keys than I already have for the sale. Thanks for the concern :)

Ouch, sorry to hear that.  I once broke two ribs coughing from pneumonia.  Had to deal with the coughing AND the broken ribs for 2 weeks after that...some of the worst pain I've ever had.  Take it easy, rest well!  Don't spend too much energy making caps!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #582 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 12:48:49 »

THE SHOW MUST GO ON

Ouch, sorry to hear that.  I once broke two ribs coughing from pneumonia.  Had to deal with the coughing AND the broken ribs for 2 weeks after that...some of the worst pain I've ever had.  Take it easy, rest well!  Don't spend too much energy making caps!

Ouch! Yeah ribs are pretty awful. Except the ones you get covered in BBQ sauce.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #583 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 13:02:32 »
I pressed a rib on my self once during a workout, it took months to get better and it's still a little annoying from time to time. It's a very problematic place to **** your self up, because you can't really do much about it afterwards.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #584 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 15:41:05 »
I pressed a rib on my self once during a workout, it took months to get better and it's still a little annoying from time to time. It's a very problematic place to **** your self up, because you can't really do much about it afterwards.

That sucks. And yeah I've heard the recovery can take a few months. My brother dislocated the same rib a while back, so apparently we have weak spots in that area.

Offline QuickDelat

« Reply #585 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 01:41:21 »
ouch, take care man!

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #586 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 08:39:01 »
Take care man, take it easy and rest well. As other's have said already, the sale can wait for a few more days...
I'm curious to see with what you come up next.  :thumb:

If I have some spare money and the prices and caps look good then I'll likely be in.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
Re: KeyForge - Kintsugi Sale Begins 9/1/16
« Reply #587 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 11:02:51 »
146235-0

Hey everyone! I’m excited to announce the Kintsugi Sale, which will begin September 1st at 7am MDT (US). The sale will be open for 24 hours, and then I will close the form. The sale will be raffle-style, with limited quantities available. This will be the final Saber Sale. The design will be featured in other sales in limited quantities, but we will be moving on to new designs at the conclusion of this sale.
Some changes have been made to the way I do entry forms, so this time you will be able to choose several keys that you would like to win, from most wanted to least wanted. There will be a max of two wins per person. Each key will be $35, with $5 shipping CONUS and $14 International. I’ve tried to keep shipping as reasonable as possible with the new shipping rate increases.
More details about the sale will appear as it gets closer, as well as more photos of the keys. Thanks everyone!
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 August 2016, 10:27:48 by Sneaky Potato »

Offline braidn

« Reply #588 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 11:08:09 »
Nothing short of AMAZE!

Offline Namkhanhv

« Reply #589 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 11:27:35 »
Speechless!!! First Nightcaps then Suited Up and this, especially it is the last sale of Saber design, I should think of how to thickening my wallet right now.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #590 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 11:40:09 »
Wow!

Offline PlainEminem

« Reply #591 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 12:50:28 »
Oh my RNJesus. I just got a hold of one of your Sahara triple shots. Instant fan. I pray I get lucky enough to get one of these too!

Offline Venediction

« Reply #592 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 12:58:11 »
Wow, those Kintsugi sabers are stunning

Offline Fibonacci_Jones

« Reply #593 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 15:35:32 »
Looking good. More stuff to look forward to.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #594 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 21:44:21 »
sweet!  Can't wait!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #595 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 01:06:52 »
Def going to make this raffle!

Offline Bumbibear

« Reply #596 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 01:22:38 »
Shiiiiet  :eek: :eek:
Ducky Shine 3 TKL ISO
Soon: LeandreN GB 4 60% - Sentraq 78%

Offline yowaffle

« Reply #597 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 11:59:18 »
Caps look amazing! Can't wait to enter the raffle. I'm on an unlucky streak of 0/3  :|
V60 [MQC] | KC60 [Zealiostotles] | Leopold FC660c [Topre] |  Ducky Shine 4 [MX Brown] | MiniVan [Zealios]

Offline tomboy

« Reply #598 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 12:24:52 »
Oh wow... can't wait for the sale.

Will there be a mystery cap like last time?

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #599 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 13:05:36 »
Oh wow... can't wait for the sale.

Will there be a mystery cap like last time?

Great question. There will not be a mystery raffle, as I've decided to discontinue that practice.

However, there will be a several mystery keys that will randomly be placed in people's packages, free of charge. :)