Author Topic: Nominate-A-Bro: Final Edition  (Read 24591 times)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Nominate-A-Bro: Final Edition
« on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 11:25:06 »
Hey there fellow Geekhackers -

For those that remember the old nominate-a-bro giveaways, this will follow the same format:

1. Nominate someone who has done something positive for the community or someone in the community who has impacted your life in a positive way
2. Write a detailed story on why you believe that person should receive a nomination
3. One entry per person

3 Winners will be drawn on Sunday, August 18th.

The prizes:

3x Hacked Packs including: Hacked Last Pilot (TMX), Hacked Broshido (TMX) and Hacked BroBot V2 (MX)

I will unlock this thread this afternoon some time...

Past Nominate-A-Bro Giveaways:

First
Second
Third
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 August 2019, 23:10:23 by Michael »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
Re: Nominate-A-Bro: Final Edition
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 12:55:01 »
reserved

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:07:44 »
open

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:14:32 »
CPTBadAss. He's done quite a bit for gh, and was a font of knowledge for keebs. He also sent me my first ever booper--gratis.

Lastly, he like retro games.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:15:56 »
Conejoe my dude

Conejoe has been nice enough to open up his doors for me and make his home a place for me that I am able to use as a proxy point. This has allowed be to save literally thousands of dollars on shipping over the years.
As well being saviour of my wallet, he's also a generally really nice guy, going out of his way to make people feel comfortable and included.

You got my vote buddy

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:49:05 by superdoedoe »

Offline Mousy

• I <3 tootall
    • IG
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:17:52 »
There are so many people who I want to put forward but the person who sticks out recently is Zearoh. From day one he has been an amazing friend and has helped me through not just hobby related issues but life issues. He is an amazing community member and an even better friend. If I were to list every single thing he has done for me I would hit the character limit but I will say if you can think of it he has probably done it for not just me but many others as well.
- White Kira 60 | Black Kira 60 | TGR Jane v2? -

Offline Viking_Robot

• Flickr
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:18:55 »
RMendis

Rich is a super good dude.  Rich was one of the first people I met after moving to Norther Virginia.  Rich and I meet routinely to chat about keycaps, work and life over coffee.  As a fellow Bro Caps collector and all around good guy, he is deserving of a sweet set of caps.
Current Keyboards - TGR Jane CE WKL Blue Grey | TGR Jane v2 CE | TGR 910 RE | TGR 910 SE | TGR Alice/Police | TGR Tris | Keycult No2 TKL | Keycult No2 65 | Duck Octagon v3 Black | Duck Orion v3 WKL Silver |

Flickr

Offline Taylorisg

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:37:00 »
More
Wow, okay… so many people have been bros, I don’t know where to start:

HoffmanMyster

At the time of this writing, you had an eyepatch. Thank you! I nominate you!

rmendis

In the year 2037, you just finished writing an e-book about artisan keycaps to moderate praise. Thank you! I nominate you!

iMav

At the time of this writing, you’re out there spending your sweet, sweet, Geekhack money. Thank you! I nominate you!

Taylor Swift

You’re an authentic soul and I love your music. Thank you! I nominate you!

Michael

At the time of this writing, you were a member of Brocaps, which is a business, not a person. Thank you! I nominate you!

McDonald’s Breakfast

I’m sorry that I tell other people I don’t love you. I truly do. Thank you! I nominate you!

Zearoh

At the time of this writing, you used to live in FL. It’s not notable or anything, I just thought I’d share. Thank you! I nominate you!

Electro-Capacitive Keyboards

I don’t have to solder you and you feel nice. Thank you! I nominate you!

Mother Nature

You’re crazy sometimes you ol’ so-and-so. Thank you! I nominate you!
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:52:59 by Michael »

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:40:31 »
Firebolt

He's a decent kid, he got my Unicorn blood keycap so that's always nice since I really wanted it (Still have it) and he genuinely likes the community and is just an all-round nice guy, always happy to chat on slack or IRC and just does his own thing and kinda always been there in the background but never really been noticed.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:40:53 »
3. One entry per person

Pls, and thanks :)

More

HoffmanMyster

rmendis

In the year 2037, you just finished writing an e-book about artisan keycaps to moderate praise. Thank you! I nominate you!

iMav

At the time of this writing, you’re out there spending your sweet, sweet, Geekhack money. Thank you! I nominate you!

Taylor Swift

Michael

At the time of this writing, you were a member of Brocaps, which is a business, not a person. Thank you! I nominate you!

McDonald’s Breakfast

I’m sorry that I tell other people I don’t love you. I truly do. Thank you! I nominate you!

Zearoh

At the time of this writing, you used to live in FL. It’s not notable or anything, I just thought I’d share. Thank you! I nominate you!

Mother Nature

Offline braidn

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:43:22 »
NickHeller.

I know he's a bit of a salty fellow but, he is pervasive throughout many of the community outlets. This means he ends up being the first person that so many folks meet when entering the community. Besides the salt, he will sit there and listen to anyone go on about anything, have witty comebacks, and just generally be a good custodian. This skill is key to making people feel welcome and included in a community that predominately exists online. His humor and salt also help keep things nice and lubricated when things get sticky...

Offline mangoes

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:43:29 »
I will say, without a doubt, Zearoh. He moves hell and high water for so many people and he doesn't get nearly enough credit for it. He's one of the major reasons I dove as deep as I did into this hobby and I will never be able to thank him enough for the overall incredible kindness he's consistently shown and all the selfless work he does. Thank you Zearoh, I miss being 15 minutes from you <3

Offline Taylorisg

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:43:38 »
3. One entry per person

Pls, and thanks :)

More

HoffmanMyster

rmendis

iMav

Taylor Swift

Michael

McDonald’s Breakfast

Zearoh

Mother Nature

Oh. In that case I definitely nominate myself.

Offline fracno

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:43:56 »
Ritual Master. He is one of the most talented people I know and has focused those talents into amazing art in the form of artisans. He entered the scene with more than reasonable prices and has continued to make his work available to as many people as possible. He truly cares about the people who support him and goes out of his way to help those who have issues. He supports artists, big and small, and is never above helping those with questions about the art form with thought out, detailed advice. He has respect for the process, his fans, and the community at large. 100% class act.

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:44:33 »
RMendis is probably the most generous, caring person I've encountered in this hobby.  He has one of the nicest collections of artisan keycaps that I've seen, yet he is eager to help everyone track down caps they are seeking.  He is active in all corners of the community both virtually and in person.  He is always kind, never starts or fuels drama, and supports all of our favorite artisan keycap makers.  Most importantly, in addition to being an enthusiastic collector and an active, helpful community member, he is a genuinely great guy.  I hope he's selected for one of these sets, and I hope that one day I'll have the opportunity to buy him a drink.  I'm pretty sure I owe him several.  Cheers.

Offline HOBI3CAT

• FraktalKaps.com
    • Fraktal Kaps Website
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:51:22 »
More

HoffmanMyster

rmendis

iMav

Taylor Swift

Michael

McDonald’s Breakfast

Zearoh

Mother Nature

Taylorisg

You made me laugh-snort coffee out of my nose at work, causing me to get weird looks from my coworkers. Thank you! I nominate you!

(But forreal- Taylor is a helluva guy, and has done a ton of nice stuff for me and many, many others. It's a shame he retired from casting, because he is one hilariously talented dude)
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:53:15 by Michael »
Eat, Sleep, Resin, Repeat.

Offline kconfire

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:52:39 »
p1kas (aka Crono the Orange guy)

Along with a few other folks Crono helped me out with my hobby in artisan when I first set my foot in here.

I've been down-sizing my collection lately but I still chat with Crono frequently about the hobby in general.

For the contribution he makes within the community as one of the mods on r/mm and as a helpful person guiding new joiners I'd like to nominate him. Plus the caps got some Orange in them you know what I mean?  :cool:
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:55:59 by kconfire »
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline txclack

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:54:01 »
Shinzo

Dude can take a good joke and can dish em out too.  Never met someone as chill and free spirited as he is.  Not only has he helped me out in the past by selling me one of my favorite boards today, but he's always helping out people in the community and always putting in work to give back when he can.  Without him, we wouldn't have all those cool pins he sells through luckydemonco.  Shinz is a bro and an outstanding community member and he has my nomination.

ORZORZORZ

Offline NJWootton

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 15:56:21 »
1uLeet, he's a genuinely amazing dude that was willing to take an Uber down to a pizza place in Manhattan to pick up my KeyCon Poster for me and then shipped it to my house all while refusing to take my money for his services. Probably one of the nicest people in this community and embodies my schools motto, Ut Prosim (that I may serve), to the fullest.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 16:04:11 »
kustom3, for all the hard work he has been putting into making this years Paris meetup awesome

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 16:12:27 »
Katushkin.

Been around for a long while and is keeping KOTM thread alive since December 18th 2014. It shows the true passion and interest in the community and hobby. It's about the build and journey to our "end-game" and not the flips.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline Colourr

• no worries
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 16:12:48 »
Aspenc4

Literally the nicest person I've ever met. All around good bro. Always there for you when you need him and always willing to help a bro out with whatever he can whenever he can.

First person that comes to find that deserves anything for being a total bro!  :thumb:

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 16:14:26 »
that Michael guy

nothing needs to be said
I love Elzy

Offline CookiesR4U

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 16:23:38 »
MrCookieJar

Was a coworker of mine a while back. He recently drove 3 hours one way just to help me build a computer since I was a first timer and didn't want to **** anything up. Hes always there for me when I need someone to rant to too. He also got me into keyboards and artisans. Forever a bro!

Offline Gerfunkle

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 16:36:02 »
RMendis

Dude is super nice and constantly helping me out with artisans. Whether it be general information when I first got into them, or helping me secure the last piece of a set. This dude is awesome.

Offline npc dad

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 16:38:20 »
Novice
Super cool dude, his work is sick. It’s what got me into the whole artisan world.

Offline abkumar

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 16:38:37 »
ai03

ai03 has created incredibly useful resources for the community to aid in creating keyboards. He answers many questions on his discord and shares progress on his projects. His pcb design wiki was helpful in transitioning me from just a consumer in this community to a creator. I know I'm not the only one as well. This is a singe creator who inspires many to work on custom keyboards and pcbs who in turn can help others. The branching effect of his resources have been great and many projects that exist today would not have been possible without someone like him to help kickstart people's learning.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 16:40:38 »
eat_the_food

A mad lad with an extremely generous soul. His positivity and presence is palpable.

Good vibes Michael and nice colorway.

Offline Pennywise359

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 16:46:07 »
My dude SantiGo. My good friend and the only IRL friend in keyboard hobby. He makes me smile all the time and also makes badass cables :p

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 16:47:41 »
Not easy to pick just one, but I take some solace in that a few of my favorite Bros have already been mentioned. One that hasn't (edit: someone did while I was typing!), and has always been a great friend and positive influence in the scene, is aspenc4.

While there are plenty of great people in this scene, some are just on another level...looking far beyond their own interests and standing up for what's right, even when it isn't convenient or popular. The ones that'll try to see things from multiple sides before making snap decisions, that'll seek out information where it's lacking and that'll offer constructive criticism free of judgment and without the expectation of something in return. The ones that have their priorities straight, that'll ask how you're doing first and make sure you're good before going any further. Christopher, undoubtedly, is one of those people. 

While I'm probably a bit biased from the support he's given me over the years (both in and out of the KB scene), the real proof is when such a person's name consistently comes up elsewhere. From newbies to veteran resin junkies to the makers themselves, I can't even begin to count how many times I've been talking to some random person and his name comes up... always in a positive light. It's for this reason, and a few more I can't get into in such limited space, that I consider myself lucky to have him as a friend. In fact, all of us are lucky to have such a quality dude working behind the scenes to make this crazy hobby we're into that much better.

« Last Edit: Wed, 14 August 2019, 16:49:55 by SeedyOne »

Offline Jayveur

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 16:49:11 »
My friend Juan69, the man was a sniper in the wild, a beast in the sheets, a god among men, these few statements are things that described the man who I am nominating for the honoring of a member within the community.

A story I have with Juan was when me and him played Overwatch and he was my dps to my tank hero, he was the man who was so good that people accused him of cheating. I recall the last time me and him played together and he stated he wasn't cheating and that was the last I heard of him, it's been weird to have played Overwatch without him. Long Live Juan... :pray:
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 August 2019, 16:52:55 by Jayveur »

Offline Riskymilk

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 16:53:38 »
I'm gonna nominate Mike at Novelkeys! Him and his small team run, at least what i think, one of the best keyboard websites. I believe he is taking the right steps on creating a perfect website for many new and existing mk enthusiasts. He's constantly making improvements and his communication game is becoming a lot better with his new item updates hes giving. I've ordered tons of things through him and he provides quality products and services. I'm sure many of the members in the US are thankful for his work.

Offline ablehart

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 17:28:43 »
Rmendis

He is an incredibly generous bro both in time and spirit. I've bombarded him with so many basic questions as I've started to navigate the artisan world; he never stops helping out and he's always an absolute gentleman.

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 17:35:09 »
I nominate TheGlyph for both impacting my life in a positive way AND doing something positive for the community.

It was a cold Friday morning on December 8, 2017 when I was chatting with TheGlyph who I had just met at the Bay Area meetup at Nest Headquarters the previous month on November 11th. We were both building our skills as artisan keycap makers, practicing and developing our casting workflows, and learning as much as we could about the process.

Like many people, I was making Lego mold boxes with clay platforms, which was working, but wasn't ideal. I couldn't easily make lots of molds that all had interchangeable parts days apart because if anything changed in my setups, the parts wouldn't mate properly. So on this cold December morning, I showed TheGlyph my Lego setup.

Fig 1. Legos with Clay

"Doesn't seem ideal" was the reply, and I agreed. It was the best solution I could come up with having access to only Legos and Sculpey clay. After some back and forth problem solving, it was decided that a platform that interfaces with the Legos on the bottom, and has an MX stem on the top would be very useful. That was 11:39am. An hour and 40 minutes later, TheGlyph was sending me screenshots of a platform that would serve my needs. He generously 3D printed a few, what I jokingly was calling, "Lego Adapter System For Pro Moldmaking" (LASfPM for short), and tossed 'em in the mail to me.

Wednesday rolled around and when I got home from work I had received a tiny package that I wasn't expecting. I didn't recognize the return address and I hadn't sunk any money into artisans or other small items that I could remember in the weeks previous. Without hesitation, I cracked the white craft box open with incredible speed. Inside were a few LASfPM loosely cradled in bubble wrap. I snatched them up and was off to my casting station. I plugged a single platform onto my Lego baseplate, and like some sort of magic trick, the 3D printed piece clung on like an official Lego block. I slapped a DSA blank onto the top MX cruciform, tossed a Lego wall around the platform, and slathered it with silicone.

And then I waited.

Once the silicone cured, I demolded and was amazed at the clean cavity it had produced. I was now able to make an endless supply of top and bottom mold parts that could all be used interchangeably. An incredible victory that improved my workflow tenfold. And we all lived happily ever after.

Or did we?

This was great for me, but what about all the other artisans stuck with Lego mold boxes lined with clay?

I continued using this technology, and TheGlyph used my input and his own engineering prowess to tweak and tune the adapters. 6 months went by as the adapters were shortened and the keying corner was improved and multiple print tests were run. They evolved until they were ready for public consumption.

On Jul 23, 2018 TheGlyph unveiled the newly named "L2K" system to the community. L2Ks were an extremely low-cost way for people to upgrade their existing Lego box molds and achieve high quality and repeatable results. This resulted in new artisans being able to eliminate some of the tedious mold making from their routine and let them focus learning the rest of the workflow knowing that their silicone molds would be consistant. A new "Casting" channel was formed in the r/mk Discord and artisans had a place to talk about techniques, share tips, and support each other's craft. A new generation of makers has since sprouted up and the maker side of our Keyboard community is growing faster now than ever before.
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 17:46:33 »
Gotta be my boy Shinz0.

He was the first guy to really reach out and introduce me to the cool dudes of NorCal whom I still hang/talk with today. He puts in his all for the community and is a super chill dude all around; absolutely love having him around and he always brings a positive attitude when we are hanging out. Definitely hope his SoCal meet goes well :)

For me, jumping into the community started with him and it definitely wouldn't have been the same without him.

Also he's funny as ****.
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline Uleet

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 17:58:22 »
I started this hobby early in 2011, I really didn't know many people and after losing a lot of my collection in a house flood I left for a long time.

I started back up around a year ago,I finally made it into the coveted slack and made friends with Bunny,Miguelito,and Jayveur.

I was going through a tough phase in my life where I became depressed and didn't want to do anything. Bunny always invited me to play games and when we finally started gaming I realized we had a lot in common with each other and he became someone that I am more than happy to call my friend. And after meeting him at Keycon. He let me tag along with him since I didn't know anyone else it became clear to me that he was one of those people that don't come along often,but when they do it's something special.

Since Bunny is in a different timezone than me it is sometimes difficult to play games with our conflicting schedules but one day Miguelito and Jay asked me to come hang out with them and get some games in. NOT going to lie, I can't stand Overwatch. I played over 3,000 hours of that game and competed in the beginning stages of it. And that is the last thing I wanted to do in my free time. But Miguelito and Jay made it so much fun to have people to play with and really made me forget everything I was so bummed out about.

These three guys have changed my life and outlook for the better this past year and I want nothing more than success and great things for them. Thank you guys for making me part of your life. You guys have done more than you will ever know. <3

oh and FKU guys

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 18:16:48 »
I'm pretty new here so I dont know many members so I nominate Rensuya, He's been making keysets that I really like and tracking down info and following along on one (Mizu) is why I joined Geekhack.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 18:16:57 »
LightningXI

First off, let me say that this was an extremely tough choice narrowing my nomination to one person. There have been many amazing friends who have helped me out and I am very grateful and feel so fortunate for everything that everyone has done. I would nominate many others if I could. Diego is who stands out to me and he really deserves the recognition of being a great BRO, I know he would cherish and honor these caps in his amazing collection.

I took a little bit of a hiatus from this hobby. I came back into it and felt quite lost. There were chat servers now instead of the good old Orange, black, and grey Geekhack forum. Plus Reddit now had an ArtisanMacro page which Diego helps manage, which is awesome! But the Mech subreddit was pretty much just boards. The amount of members in the hobby overall doubled, if not tripled. It was mind blowing. Prices sky rocketed and I now had to learn to deal with fast paced chat conversations and photos instead of this great archival forum we love and know. I wanted to leave right away.

Diego was the first person to message me and he filled me in on a ton of information and was an extremely huge help. We continued to chat then and still do pretty much daily! He is very friendly and an awesome dude. I am honored to call him a friend. He has such a vast intelligent bank full of Artisan and mechanical keyboard related information. He seriously has such a HUGE love and passion for this hobby and lifestyle it is insane... He really appreciates the hard work and time that sculptors, casters, and artists put into the work. He knows all the processes and enjoys the history behind it all. He doesn't collect based on hype only, he is legit; which is tough to find now a days. If you've been fortunate enough to see his collection, he has epic vintage boards, Topre boards, custom MX boards, ALPS, buckling spring, you name it. He has every maker, from Bro, Clack, and HWS (Binge); to Keykollectiv, Tiny, and Prime Caps. This dude LOVES the hobby, every maker. He is awesome..

Lightning is seriously such a joy to talk to! If I get something cool or have a question, Ill shoot him some photos or ask him if he knows any info from his huge knowledgeable mind. He will always respond and its always positive. If Im in a chat and post something, he will throw out some love. This dude has been one of the many who have helped me get over the fear of change, and help me get back into this amazing hobby and stay to experience more! I hope he is fortunate enough to add these breathtaking casts into his collection where they will be enjoyed and rotated through amazing keysets and boards. He has seriously been such a positive influence since I have met him.  :)

Thanks Michael (AKA BROCAPS as I remember you) for putting on these amazing Nominate a BRO topics each year. Its a wonderful thing to do. Without the community and talking with friends here, I would have stayed out a long ass time ago. Life would be miserable, who knows what the hell would have happened by now... You guys are what keep me sane.

Fantastic colorway!!!!  :thumb:

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 18:31:58 »
Good vibes Michael and nice colorway.

<3

Offline hoopawolf

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 18:33:22 »
I nominate Louis from ilumkb

He works as a proxy for shipping keyboards/keysets/mousemats from other countries which allows us in the Asia country to have a easier time buying items from him.
Outside of work, he is a very friendly guy. Always helping and looking out for members of the keyboard community. He even had a presentation during a keyboard meetup event where he
introduced us to his work and website to let more people know what he is trying to achieve and do for us.
Overall a solid dude.

Offline hitlu

• [LF] Ogres and Colonel
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 18:38:13 »
JOEY

He is great guy. who will and did not change his favorate hobby....collecting cc keycaps. FOR years. He answered so many questions and make so many friends in this community. ALSO he let me know, patient is more than pay and passion. As we know, there are so many new emerging and new pop keycaps nowadays. He keep on his searching in an old school way. FOR Examle, he has helped me while i want to win a raffle, use his account which make the chance doubled. He has let me know, different cc skull from different raffle has different history. Joey never WTB SOMETHING, but he earn everything and respect from friends he helped.

通过我的 BBF100-4 上的 Tapatalk发言

Colonel or Ogre

Offline 1904840334

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 18:56:59 »
1904840334 - myself, altho im new to this community, im passionate about mech keebs and artisan keycaps.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 19:11:06 »
Naasfu
&
Shinz0

Friends who can put the hobby aside when it matters

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 August 2019, 19:14:40 by meiosis »
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Eggplant

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 19:31:35 »

2. Write a detailed story

Do love confessions count?

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

I had intended to watch my beloved from afar, never obstructing, never interfering, never interrupting, but alas, I can no longer hold my silence, I nominate Binge!

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 19:40:27 »
It's my pleasure to nominate Jackedhardwarejunkie, a true Bro to me and many others.

It wasn't long after stumbling my way into this hobby early last year that Jacked took this helpless baby bird under his well-muscled wing.  His sage counsel early on saved me from perils that I didn't even know existed in this hobby:  Group Buys run by people with less than stellar track records (to put it mildly), sellers and vendors who've scammed their supporters, and most importantly, hype chasing.  Any one of these things would have easily led me to an early exit from this hobby with nothing but rage and disgust in my heart for all things keyboard.

As a true collector of artisans (especially purple ones), he was an excellent enabler for my now full-blown resin addiction.  Though my wallet is empty, my artisan box and my heart are full ;D  What little I know about artisans, trading, the history of different makers, other collectors, (and did I mention avoiding the menace of hype chasing?) I owe to Jackehardwarejunkie and a few other kind souls. 

As I'm sure a lot of people can agree, artisan collecting is very rewarding but at the same time can be absolutely freaking predatory, especially for newcomers like I was not long ago.  Having experienced people like Jacked in my corner saved my bacon more often than I'd care to admit.

Though we've not had the chance to meet face to face yet, we've become very good friends since those early days.  We share stories about our lives, lament slow package deliveries, and discuss the news of the day.  I can always count on Jacked to give me good advice, make me laugh, and call me on my shenanigans :))  What could be a better definition of a friend than that?

Offline Sphierro

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 19:52:57 »
I would like to nominate my buddy rmw2013

Without him I'd miss out on 95% of Awesome keyboard related content. He is one of my only friends who shares this passion with me and I appreciate him for that. Without him I wouldn't be as involved in keyboard's as I am currently! (My bank hates him though :eek: )

Offline gideon

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 20:25:28 »
It is my pleasure to nominate magicpretzel!

During my short time in this hobby I have met this man several times for meet ups, trades and sales or what not. I have to say this is one generous man! I have rarely see this man sells anything more than what he pays for. His actions were mostly for the local community. In many of the local meet ups he would donate items for the giveaways raffles. Just recently I believe he donated his spots of the lubrigante boards for the giveaway and in the last he gave away an artisan.

In one of a gathering I had with him we were just casually talking about artisans and I was telling him how cute a pair of artisans was. Guess what, the pair of artisans were gifted to me. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxw1w1dnN1w/?igshid=12v4sbkncghl0

He has never asked for anything in return or ask to have his deeds publicised.

I think he has contributed much to the local community and deserves a give away like this.

Offline Myan

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 20:26:21 »
Shuangmu

The first time he pm'd me, he asked me: Will you be my lover?
My reply was that I am married with child.
Shuangmu was the same.
This is the start of our journey through artisans.

Shuangmu is a major contributor to this community, stimulating the market with his vast collection and also willingness to trade away grail level caps for friends.

To celebrate the love we have together, I am nominating Shuangmu for the best Bro award.

Offline TheMnBN

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 20:41:05 »
phatty is a wonderful vendor who fuels many keeb enthusiasts in the land down under. Veterans and new comers alike, we all turn to phatty for keeb goods.

Honorable mention snelltrail is my resin soulmate (maybe it's only I who say it like that). Intimate details can only stay between us  ;). But I cannot thank him enough for his support for me on acquiring my grail artisans.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 August 2019, 22:01:16 by TheMnBN »

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 21:01:12 »
First off I'd like to say there is a lot of names I want to write here, so many people have helped had a positive impact on this community and me especially this past year.  A lot of this community is awesome, keep it up everyone!

I'd like to nominate Mangoes. To start off I participated in the keychatter secret santa this past holiday season and was lucky enough to get Mangoes as my Santa. He gave me the ****ing GAF Carbo Typebeast I had been hunting but was just never going to be able to afford myself, and a orange figure from sludgeekid. For those that don't know mangoes, he is a huge lover of orange (and yellow for whatever reason...) . So to get not just one, but TWO pieces of orange from his own collection because he knew how much I wanted them was astounding to me. He went above and beyond to make my day. I've known Mangoes for a while now, but I finally had the pleasure of meeting Mangoes in person twice since then. I was on a vacation with my GF in Florida and Mangoes made the 45 minute drive down just to meet up, catch some dinner, hang for a bit, and show off some of his collection. He was very respectful of us and he just seemed very genuine and happy the whole time. I then got to meet him again at Keycon and he was no different. He just always seems so upbeat, caring, and respectful of everyone.  I've never heard a bad thing about the guy.  So yea, I nominate Mangoes. Passionate, caring, upbeat people like him make this community great and are what make others want to stick around.

Thanks for the giveaway BRO! Some awesome orange caps that I will never have! haha, but hopefully these get into the hands of the amazing people that help make this community great.