Author Topic: Hands Down Layout Family-Including Gold  (Read 5536 times)

Offline phibonachi

Hands Down Layout Family-Including Gold
« on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 14:45:00 »
I made a bunch of layouts. The latest I'm calling Hands Down Gold. There’s also Silver and Bronze, in honor of the Olympics. Also all the json files to do your own tests, and a “novel’s worth” of documentation and my thoughts about layout design with info about each layout and detailed stats at Hands Down Layout.

Hope there's something interesting for someone there. Thoughts/comments always welcome…they've only made things better.

« Last Edit: Tue, 27 July 2021, 08:51:37 by phibonachi »

Offline mogethin0

Re: Hands Down Layout Family-Including Gold
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 18:02:10 »
Thanks for this post and your extensive documenting of the adventure! I found this post and spent a lot of time reading through your site.

I have been working on my own layout recently after 2.5 years (I thought shorter but my files tell me it was Sep 2018) typing on my own tweaking of Dvorak. It's slow typing again, but not as much as the last couple layout changes, I'm so impressed at the quantity of layouts you've laid out.
I also wanted to thank you for pointing me to klanext.keyboard-design.com. I have used patorjk.com/keyboard-layout-analyzer but klanex has more analysis especially with the word counting. I look forward to checking my layouts and ideas later.