Author Topic: zero  (Read 45092 times)

Offline intelli78

Re: zero
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 12:27:31 »
I think it picks a random winner, gives him/her the highest priority option available, selects another random winner, repeats with highest priority option remaining, and so on, until all of the keys have been distributed.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 12:29:54 »
I think it picks a random winner, gives him/her the highest priority option available, selects another random winner, repeats with highest priority option remaining, and so on, until all of the keys have been distributed.

this is pretty close to whats going down

i will be making and FAQ at some point shortly, i just have had zero time, but ive been compiling questions and some random thoughts myself and will put it together soon

i think for future sales

what will happen is nothing will be announced here, the sales will be announced in bros forum as usual, but we will have a thread in this subforum that will be an ongoing support thread etc for the sales/raffles
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #152 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 12:40:19 »

this is pretty close to whats going down

i will be making and FAQ at some point shortly, i just have had zero time, but ive been compiling questions and some random thoughts myself and will put it together soon

i think for future sales

what will happen is nothing will be announced here, the sales will be announced in bros forum as usual, but we will have a thread in this subforum that will be an ongoing support thread etc for the sales/raffles

That makes more sense then either of the two scenarios I was imagining. Thanks!

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #153 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 12:41:47 »
Who has two thumbs and is in for this *****?

THIS GUY!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 12:44:44 »
The site looks fantastic.

Question, let's say I picked 3 caps that I want, and since I'll only be allowed one if I do get selected, which cap will I be able to get out of the 3?

I think should be random too. Just that priority given to your first choice. But that's just my guess

you will get the one highest on your list that is still available

I'm trying to wrap my head around how the raffle system is designed. I imagined two separate scenarios:

1- Individual keys are raffled - Basically, on a per key basis the algorithm randomly picks someone that has it on their list. I would guess this would have to include some kind of weighting system where the higher the user has the key on their list, the more weight they have in each specific keys raffle.

2- Users are raffled - On a per user basis, their choices are run through the raffle algorithm starting from highest to lowest to see if they win any of the keys. Obviously not everyone will end up with a key so there would have to be some kind of system where the algorithm was aware of the key count and made sure to distribute at least that many keys while still determining that X amount of users get nothing. Maybe it would just cycle through the list of users and their choices over and over giving every user a certain percentage chance at winning a specific key until someone "hits the lottery".

I'm willing to bet both of these are wrong but that's what I could come up with thinking about it over my lunch break. I do some scripting/automation work for my job so I find algorithms like what would be used here interesting  :p

I think it would be a mix of the two. Same with what intelli78 have posted but checks if the remaining keys are on the winner's list of option. If there is none, I think there is two possiblity what ctrlalt.io would apply.

1. Pick a random key from the remaining keys.
2. Disregard the winner and move on... :D

I hope it's the former though..  :p

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #155 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 13:02:55 »

I wonder if it was implemented using a priority queue. Give every entry a random priority and place them in the queue. Pop the one with the highest priorty and set the new root, and repeat. Sorry I just learned how to implement a priority_queue lol.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #156 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 17:03:35 »
I have tried to resist the Clacks, GasMasks and the BroCaps. 60% boards have completely destroyed my wallet over the past couple of years and the last thing I need is another facet to my keyboard addition. As tempting as they are, I'm proud to have resisted... until now.

Went all in for "An Effen Great Topre Pack".  :))

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #157 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:36:34 »
heys guys

due to some personal circumstances, the raffle end time is not great for me, my wife is going away for a while very very early saturday morning, and with our mutual schedules tomorrow there is about a 3 - 4 hour window we can spend time together tomorrow and the raffle ends right in the middle of that

i shouldnt be needed in theory at the end, however, as this is the first time i wanna be around to troubleshoot

so there are a couple options, we can either end it a few hours early or a few hours late

i dont wanna cut it early and people miss out, and i dont wanna end it late and have people waiting longer than needed

so ill leave it up to popular opinion , i think i may lean towards extending it a few hours

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:41:16 »
heys guys

due to some personal circumstances, the raffle end time is not great for me, my wife is going away for a while very very early saturday morning, and with our mutual schedules tomorrow there is about a 3 - 4 hour window we can spend time together tomorrow and the raffle ends right in the middle of that

i shouldnt be needed in theory at the end, however, as this is the first time i wanna be around to troubleshoot

so there are a couple options, we can either end it a few hours early or a few hours late

i dont wanna cut it early and people miss out, and i dont wanna end it late and have people waiting longer than needed

so ill leave it up to popular opinion , i think i may lean towards extending it a few hours

I'm not in on it, but between those two I think ending it later is wayy better.  Since it's a raffle, the time element doesn't really matter, other than hype and suspense (which I fully approve of).  So I think you will have far fewer people inconvenienced in that case, versus someone who might have been waiting to enter for some reason.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:41:18 »
Extending it a few hours is probably the best. It will definitely save you from some backlash.

Offline Zentaaa

• Safe Bois
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:42:15 »
As long as its not between 6 and 10 pm GMT i am good :D

Offline Distilled

« Reply #161 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:43:09 »
heys guys

IMO 48hrs is more than enough time to get your entries in. However, last thing you want is some one complaining cause you changed the time to be early and they missed out. Later is safer.

Besides if you dont have the patience for a few extra hours to a day, collecting artisan caps on here really isnt for you :P

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:43:31 »
ok i agree, so itll be extended a few hours, once i know more, ill extend it tomorrow and post the time here once im done

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:44:31 »

well it currently finishes between those hours which is exactly when i cant be around, so itll probably change to something like 11pm or 12 am gmt

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:46:36 »
Both ways work whatever is easiest for your team coordinaing together.

The window to enter is very generous and I cannot imagine people are sitting and waiting till the last hours to submit.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #165 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:56:12 »
Definitely spend the time with your wife!  I am hyped to see the outcome of the raffle, but its not nearly as i mportant as family time.

Offline Zentaaa

• Safe Bois
« Reply #166 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:56:48 »
Bros > Family :3

Offline Zentaaa

• Safe Bois
« Reply #167 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 19:57:16 »

well it currently finishes between those hours which is exactly when i cant be around, so itll probably change to something like 11pm or 12 am gmt
Thanks bunny :D

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #168 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 23:17:57 »
Even if this is my first time and I'm curious how it will end for me, family is more important. Later is fine  :thumb:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #169 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 23:25:23 »
Even if this is my first time and I'm curious how it will end for me, family is more important. Later is fine  :thumb:

+1

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline redskull

« Reply #170 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 23:55:56 »
guys,

i didn't send an e-mail at all in the previous Independence sale, am i eligible to try and get in on this?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #171 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 00:04:33 »
guys,

i didn't send an e-mail at all in the previous Independence sale, am i eligible to try and get in on this?
I think no harm to put it in... at worse, Bunny will just ignore your entry. Better to catch it than none, bro!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #172 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 01:39:47 »
guys,

The rules say "You are only eligible for this sale if you did not make it in to the Independence day sale.".

Doesn't say if that means you entered the ID sale but did not win anything, or that you did not enter the sale at all!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #173 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 02:30:37 »
guys,

The rules say "You are only eligible for this sale if you did not make it in to the Independence day sale.".

Doesn't say if that means you entered the ID sale but did not win anything, or that you did not enter the sale at all!

I was confused as well and that was my worry, that I would have to miss a sale for missing a sale. Haha.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Belfong

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 02:32:42 »
Come on, red skull, don't give up!!

/hmm.. this reminds me of the conversation I had with naasfu and later got him hooked on Brobots. Ha ha ha .. be careful bro, this dibs might end up opening a rabbit hole for you!

Offline asassdsd

• Call me "Jelly"
« Reply #175 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 02:49:48 »

/hmm.. this reminds me of the conversation I had with naasfu and later got him hooked on Brobots. Ha ha ha .. be careful bro, this dibs might end up opening a rabbit hole for you!

Oooorrr........a "ribbit" hole. 
This isn't an alternative or troll account, I've been using this username for at least 10 years. Try typing it, is so fast and easy!

Recently acquired: Leopold fc660c with PBT   Currently: Bro-less    Clack-less    Mummy-less
I am currently at : Santa Cruz, CA

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #176 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 03:14:05 »
I'd hope to get my first skull here. Something about the smooth round cloak that makes it look amazeballs

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #177 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 05:03:26 »

Oooorrr........a "ribbit" hole. 

:))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #178 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 05:25:28 »
you can enter as long as you did not win something in the ID sale

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #179 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 06:24:19 »
I wasn't aware that there was even an ID sale so I'm pleased that this is on!
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #180 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 06:50:31 »
time updated

Offline Zentaaa

• Safe Bois
« Reply #181 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 06:55:11 »
So 12pm?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #182 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 06:57:03 »

Offline Zentaaa

• Safe Bois
« Reply #183 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 06:57:22 »
Gmt? :)

Offline padath

« Reply #184 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 07:03:30 »
BST, I think you'll find :)

Offline Zentaaa

• Safe Bois
« Reply #185 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 07:03:49 »
Ah okay ty

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #186 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 09:24:27 »
lots of little updates just went live

mainly back end stuff for me, but also some things to make the cart smoother and simpler for you guys

i wont be on too much for the next few hours, but ill see you at winner time

Offline Belfong

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 09:43:07 »
I feel sad not able to participate in this historic and maiden moment. Sighhhhh!

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #188 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 10:42:28 »
I feel sad not able to participate in this historic and maiden moment. Sighhhhh!

Why don't you participate? Still some hours left.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #189 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 10:46:23 »

Because he actually got in to the ID sale. First world Bro problems.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #190 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 10:50:15 »

Ah, then you should already be a happy guy and not sad ;)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #191 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 11:05:56 »

lol
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #192 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 11:07:37 »

I'm ridiculously happy I got the reaper I wanted. I'm sad I don't get to feel the anticipation of finding out if I got anything again  :(
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Belfong

« Reply #193 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 11:08:34 »
^ what exit said. I want to participate in this historic raffle. Ha ha.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #194 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 11:10:25 »

I'm ridiculously happy I got the reaper I wanted. I'm sad I don't get to feel the anticipation of finding out if I got anything again  :(

Dat addiction...

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #195 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 11:11:44 »

Dat addiction...

Don't know what you're talking about. I can stop any time I want

Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #196 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 11:13:03 »

Dat addiction...

Show Image

I've always wanted to see what it was like to be delusional.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #197 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 11:13:47 »

Dat addiction...

Show Image

It's quite the fun life.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #198 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 11:14:36 »

Dat addiction...

Show Image

It's quite the fun life.

I bet!  :P  I mean, I'm not addicted to BroBots or anything...so I wouldn't know...

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #199 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 11:18:12 »

Dat addiction...

Show Image

It's quite the fun life.

I bet!  :P  I mean, I'm not addicted to BroBots or anything...so I wouldn't know...

Yeah, me either