geekhack Marketplace > KeyPop.net

Iron Man Keycap brightness Issue...

<< < (2/2)

KeyPop:

--- Quote from: Aidenknives on Wed, 06 August 2014, 13:57:20 ---So this Iron Man keycap I purchased from Keypop isn't lighting up as much as I hoped. :( (Poker II on max brightness) I figure it is because the LED is behind the switch... Is there anything I can do to make the eyes of the keycap glow brighter??? Thanks!

Show Image

--- End quote ---

All Iron Man keycaps come coated with gold or silver inside the keycap. Silver does indeed reflect more light than gold but I cannot guarantee that you will see a considerably large difference as gold does a decent job of reflecting as well.
It may seem dim because the opening of the eyes aren't that big to begin with.
I would strongly recommend switching to a brighter LED.

Aidenknives:

--- Quote from: KeyPop on Wed, 06 August 2014, 18:31:46 ---
--- Quote from: Aidenknives on Wed, 06 August 2014, 13:57:20 ---So this Iron Man keycap I purchased from Keypop isn't lighting up as much as I hoped. :( (Poker II on max brightness) I figure it is because the LED is behind the switch... Is there anything I can do to make the eyes of the keycap glow brighter??? Thanks!

Show Image

--- End quote ---

All Iron Man keycaps come coated with gold or silver inside the keycap. Silver does indeed reflect more light than gold but I cannot guarantee that you will see a considerably large difference as gold does a decent job of reflecting as well.
It may seem dim because the opening of the eyes aren't that big to begin with.
I would strongly recommend switching to a brighter LED.

--- End quote ---
Unfortunately soldering isn't an option for me so I am going to spray the inside with with a very shiny silver paint that will hopefully do a better job of reflecting the dark blue light.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version