Author Topic: [GB] Gateron Switch (CLOSED)  (Read 459559 times)

Offline RavenII

Re: [GB] Gateron Switch
« Reply #2000 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 12:08:05 »
Some Squeaks may fixed with re-positioning of springs,
As you know, springs have directions at both ends.  It affects it's movement, afaic 

Gateron may feel frictionless compare to current Reds or Blacks, thou Not as much as the good Vintage Blacks.
If you are a MX Red user, my 55g (actuation 45g) is a counterpart   ;)

So 55g springs are better? I'm thinking about swapping my Gateron Black springs to something a slight bit lighter....but I want a little heavier than MX Reds....
A bit heavier than MX reds will be my 60g (actuation 50g) 
My 55g (actuation 45g) is similar to MX Reds, with more stability and quick responces.
Stock Gateron springs are nice,  but a bit narrow choices  in my opinion   :)

Gotcha.

Offline rsac

« Reply #2001 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 16:12:26 »
Got my switches! It arrived much faster than I expected. Also, no missing or extra switches. It was taxed by the declared value. The package gave in a bit and there are some pins bent, but I hope nothing is broken. Overall it was a nice experience.

The switches seems to feel exactly as I hopped, especially the browns. Well, the blacks might be a bit heavier than I like (luckily only bought a few to sample), but I still have to test it in an actual keyboard.

Thank you Shadovved! Looking forward for other group buys organized by you with cheap keyboard parts.  :D

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2002 on: Sat, 16 May 2015, 16:50:40 »
been using a keyboard with gaterons all day, gateron blacks, PCB Mounted, and they were as good as people said they would be. I am enjoying them, good as if not better than MX blacks from a used cherry board.

kind of want to try out the brown switches now, maybe if massdrop does another drop...

Offline cupr

« Reply #2003 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 06:08:13 »
Got mine.
But now.. who can give an advice how to mix cherry browns and gateron clears?

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2004 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 17:55:06 »
I opened up a vintage Cherry MX Brown and a Gateron brown and tested interchanging parts.

The unmodified Gateron Brown is more tactile than the vintage MX brown but the vintage MX switch is smoother.
However, when I had swapped just the sliders then both switches felt about equal in both tactility and smoothness.

I also tested swapping the brass parts: the leaf spring and "stationary contact"  that have the "gold cross point".
I found that Cherry's brass parts do fit inside the Gateron housing, but not the opposite: Gateron's "stationary contact" part is apparently too thick to fit into the slot at the bottom of the Cherry MX housing.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2005 on: Sun, 17 May 2015, 20:30:04 »
I opened up a vintage Cherry MX Brown and a Gateron brown and tested interchanging parts.

The unmodified Gateron Brown is more tactile than the vintage MX brown but the vintage MX switch is smoother.
However, when I had swapped just the sliders then both switches felt about equal in both tactility and smoothness.

I also tested swapping the brass parts: the leaf spring and "stationary contact"  that have the "gold cross point".
I found that Cherry's brass parts do fit inside the Gateron housing, but not the opposite: Gateron's "stationary contact" part is apparently too thick to fit into the slot at the bottom of the Cherry MX housing.

Interesting report.

Offline mecano

« Reply #2006 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 06:06:31 »
Shadovved, tracking update, it now shows switches had left on the 11th to get back to you, they should arrive soon.
11/05/2015 Départ de France ROISSY COURRIER INTERNATIONAL PIC
Tell me when it's ok and that you are sending them back to the right address.

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #2007 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 06:16:54 »
So what's the group consensus on the gateron browns compared to cherry browns/clears?

Offline MrRooks

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Always be knolling
« Reply #2008 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 08:23:52 »
So what's the group consensus on the gateron browns compared to cherry browns/clears?

I doubt this is specific to browns but I have gateron browns in my most recent build and OG Dolch caps catch on the switch tops. Trying to look through this thread for a solution.

Offline greath

« Reply #2009 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 09:11:17 »

I doubt this is specific to browns but I have gateron browns in my most recent build and OG Dolch caps catch on the switch tops. Trying to look through this thread for a solution.

Check this thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=70376.msg1696546#msg1696546

Beyond the catch, what do you think of the switch?

Offline MrRooks

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Always be knolling
« Reply #2010 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 09:21:14 »

Check this thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=70376.msg1696546#msg1696546

Beyond the catch, what do you think of the switch?

Thanks! That looks good, unfortunately I thin that means I need to pull my whole keyboard apart to fix it which sucks as I also put LEDs in it >_>

When I use caps that don't catch they feel great! I prefer them to my cherry browns, they are also lubed with Krytox GPL103.

Offline greath

« Reply #2011 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 09:26:25 »
When I use caps that don't catch they feel great! I prefer them to my cherry browns, they are also lubed with Krytox GPL103.

Because of smoothness, impact of tactility, or other?
Are you using the stock springs?

Offline MrRooks

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Always be knolling
« Reply #2012 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 09:41:02 »

Stock springs, I like them because of the smoothness. Tactility feels similar to me, other than it being smoother on the Gaterons. That said they are pretty close and blind folded at normal typing speed I'm not sure I'd be able to tell the difference.

*edit*
I took apart some of my extra Gaterons and none of them have the lip in the thread that was linked. Hmm

Another edit... I tried filing the bottom edge of a keycap on the ones that catch and it fixes the issue. That might be my solution, just a pain to file down 82 keycaps. Doing a side by side I can see the switch tops from Cherry have a TINY gap on the switch top, between the stem. Seems that allows caps to not catch. Filing that edge of thick cap stems makes it go away.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 May 2015, 12:39:30 by MrRooks »

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2013 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 10:54:06 »

Stock springs, I like them because of the smoothness. Tactility feels similar to me, other than it being smoother on the Gaterons. That said they are pretty close and blind folded at normal typing speed I'm not sure I'd be able to tell the difference.

*edit*
I took apart some of my extra Gaterons and none of them have the lip in the thread that was linked. Hmm

Another edit... I tried filing the bottom edge of a keycap on the ones that catch and it fixes the issue. That might be my solution, just a pain to file down 82 keycaps. Doing a side by side I can see the switch tops from Cherry have a TINY gap on the switch top, between the stem. Seems that allows caps to not catch. Filing that edge of thick stems makes it go away.

What do you fill it with?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline MrRooks

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Always be knolling
« Reply #2014 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 14:31:24 »

*edit*

Another edit... I tried filing the bottom edge of a keycap on the ones that catch and it fixes the issue. That might be my solution, just a pain to file down 82 keycaps. Doing a side by side I can see the switch tops from Cherry have a TINY gap on the switch top, between the stem. Seems that allows caps to not catch. Filing that edge of thick stems makes it go away.

filed not filled. ;)

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2015 on: Mon, 18 May 2015, 15:09:25 »

*edit*

filed not filled. ;)

Ohh fair enough. I feel dumb on this one ... Thanks for the clarification.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: [GB] Gateron Switch (CLOSED)
« Reply #2016 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 08:43:12 »
Thanks to everyone for making this such a hugely successful GB! Feels really awesome to have everything go so smoothly and have most everyone satisfied with the product. Certainly is strange that Gateron appeared to slightly adjust the mold or something of the like in the middle of the order, but hopefully after seeing how many people are interested they'll make themselves more accessible to international and non-commercial buyers. Maybe even a round 2 is in order...
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #2017 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 08:47:25 »
Thanks again to the organizers Shadovved and hwood! :-*

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2018 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 08:56:00 »
Thanks to everyone for making this such a hugely successful GB! Feels really awesome to have everything go so smoothly and have most everyone satisfied with the product. Certainly is strange that Gateron appeared to slightly adjust the mold or something of the like in the middle of the order, but hopefully after seeing how many people are interested they'll make themselves more accessible to international and non-commercial buyers. Maybe even a round 2 is in order...

That's thanks to Shadovved's and your hardwork that the GB went smoothly. We are the one that should be thanking you! :)

Offline RavenII

« Reply #2019 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 10:38:20 »

I'm definitely happy with mine, thanks for all of your guys' hard work.

On another note, I don't think there's anything wrong with their mold...well, I guess the argument could be made that there is since this "issue" doesn't exist with Cherry MX...but I think that Gaterons are actually made with tighter clearances...they definitely feel like they're put together tighter....less wiggling, etc.

Also, it seems that only the ABS Doubleshots that I have cause this issue...and it seems to only be the zxcvbnm,./ keys...so it might be something with that also. Either way, use decent keycaps, be happy.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 May 2015, 10:41:42 by RavenII »

Offline greath

« Reply #2020 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 10:45:46 »
If anyone wants to sell ~100 gateron browns, let me know!

Offline mecano

« Reply #2021 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 13:16:31 »
Uh? Closed? But… I didn't received mine! :eek:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2022 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 13:52:01 »
I got them yesterday, they work just fine; though, it appears the "issues" reported are vaporware. They fit a GON PCB just fine, and there are no interference with a Granite set.

Offline mecano

« Reply #2023 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 13:54:27 »
Feels really awesome to have everything go so smoothly

Sorry to sound like that but that must be a kind of a joke isn't it?
First you made numerous errors on invoice quantities. Ok can happen. You can still call it smooth.
Then I had issued a secondary payment (I did as gift to ease things for you) because of shipment fee error on your side. A little hicup, call it smooth still.
Then again a mistake on your side on the city address and I had to wait for the switches to go back to Shadovved, ok maybe Shadovved could have proposed to send anyway a second batch if possible as the error was clearly on your side. But ok I am a patient boy, I wait.
Now the switches are said as delivered back to Singapore and I have no news except this "Feels really awesome to have everything go so smoothly", now I'm starting to wonder what kind of smoothness you are talking about…

Offline JonasDK

• Let me poo on you
« Reply #2024 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 14:58:43 »

First you made numerous errors on invoice quantities. Ok can happen. You can still call it smooth.
Then I had issued a secondary payment (I did as gift to ease things for you) because of shipment fee error on your side. A little hicup, call it smooth still.
Then again a mistake on your side on the city address and I had to wait for the switches to go back to Shadovved, ok maybe Shadovved could have proposed to send anyway a second batch if possible as the error was clearly on your side. But ok I am a patient boy, I wait.
Now the switches are said as delivered back to Singapore and I have no news except this "Feels really awesome to have everything go so smoothly", now I'm starting to wonder what kind of smoothness you are talking about…

When a GB with over a hundred thousand switches is finished within a few months that is pretty impressive if not record breaking. I received my order one month and eight days after invoices were due, which is quite incredible as I think all of our orders were hand sorted(?). To put this in perspective the GH60 GB is still running even though invoices were paid over two years ago.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 May 2015, 15:00:31 by JonasDK »

Offline mecano

« Reply #2025 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 15:16:35 »

When a GB with over a hundred thousand switches is finished within a few months that is pretty impressive if not record breaking. I received my order one month and eight days after invoices were due, which is quite incredible as I think all of our orders were hand sorted(?). To put this in perspective the GH60 GB is still running even though invoices were paid over two years ago.

Sure, still everything has not gone so smoothly and is not closed, hwood is maybe feeling awesomeness and I'm happy for her but the rest is a pretty inconsistent report.

Offline RavenII

« Reply #2026 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 16:10:38 »
The "closed" status is (and I'm ASSuming here...) to notify people that the GB status is complete/not taking orders/in its final stages...

Not that everything and everyone is happy...

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2027 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 16:32:00 »

Sure, still everything has not gone so smoothly and is not closed, hwood is maybe feeling awesomeness and I'm happy for her but the rest is a pretty inconsistent report.
well he (not even sure where you got that assumption) probably feels as though everything has gone over smoothly considering that in 441 orders, a small handful (frankly I can only remember yours but there may be one or two more) have had a substantial problem like yours. In my book a 99.77% planned fulfillment constitutes a success.

And like RavenII said, the "closed" status is to inform people that the buy is no longer taking orders or selling extras.

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline mecano

« Reply #2028 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:28:46 »

well he (not even sure where you got that assumption) probably feels as though everything has gone over smoothly considering that in 441 orders, a small handful (frankly I can only remember yours but there may be one or two more) have had a substantial problem like yours. In my book a 99.77% planned fulfillment constitutes a success.

And like RavenII said, the "closed" status is to inform people that the buy is no longer taking orders or selling extras.

Well I've been invoiced by and sent money to a she paypal account, don't you remember? I assumed it was you.

Now… Can't you just be normal and stop acting like a Monkey Island Stan? (Hey Stan, if a small handful had troubles and I'm .23% of 441 how do you get the 99,77%? Huh? Planned? You mean YOU PLANNED ALL THIS?)

Really not funny to read you and I'm not even sure what is the more sad,
- the fact you took the time to calculate the .23% I am representing in this sale and by this manner reducing me to a negligible quantity in your holy book of numbers and to the good people of this board;
- the fact that you are clearly spitting out this in public (not that I care much, but you should take more care or conscience on how you are showing to the board, especially if you are needing the rest of the board trust and respect which you clearly are for GB and such);
or
- the fact you are so full of self contentment and esteem that you doesn't stand behind your failures and need to hide behind fairy dust.

Your maths are wrong 99,77% doesn't make 100% btw.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #2029 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:35:31 »

Well I've been invoiced by and sent money to a she paypal account, don't you remember? I assumed it was you.

Now… Can't you just be normal and stop acting like a Monkey Island Stan? (Hey Stan, if a small handful had troubles and I'm .23% of 441 how do you get the 99,77%? Huh? Planned? You mean YOU PLANNED ALL THIS?)

- the fact you took the time to calculate the .23% I am representing in this sale and by this manner reducing me to a negligible quantity in your holy book of numbers and to the good people of this board;
- the fact that you are clearly spitting out this in public (not that I care much, but you should take more care or conscience on how you are showing to the board, especially if you are needing the rest of the board trust and respect which you clearly are for GB and such);
or
- the fact you are so full of self contentment and esteem that you doesn't stand behind your failures and need to hide behind fairy dust.

Dude... Chill out.

Offline JonasDK

• Let me poo on you
« Reply #2030 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:39:18 »

Now the switches are said as delivered back to Singapore and I have no news except this "Feels really awesome to have everything go so smoothly", now I'm starting to wonder what kind of smoothness you are talking about�

(Hey Stan, if a small handful had troubles and I'm .23% of 441 how do you get the 99,77%?

wat

100% - 0,23% = 99,77%, I really can't see the problem here.

And this is pretty much getting absurd.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:43:08 by JonasDK »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2031 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:40:13 »
ok so just in case you aren't actually trolling:

fair enough

wut

I said that because it outlined the fact that such a small percentage of orders improperly handled constitutes a successful GB, not to reduce the magnitude of your problem.

I continued where you started :thumb:

Yeah, I'm pretty content with me and Shadovved (especially Shadovved) being able to organize a buy in which nearly every single person was happy. Don't really understand the second part, I admitted that your order was incorrectly handled and stood behind numbers (which I guess is fairy dust now?)

+ 0.23% it does

Offline mecano

« Reply #2032 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:49:41 »

Now the switches are said as delivered back to Singapore and I have no news except this "Feels really awesome to have everything go so smoothly", now I'm starting to wonder what kind of smoothness you are talking about�

(Hey Stan, if a small handful had troubles and I'm .23% of 441 how do you get the 99,77%?

wat

He said an handfull… so an handfull can't be only one person is it? Or is he saying nothing and anything?

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #2033 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:52:28 »
Can we calm down here, problems happen in all group buy, you were unlucky mecano.

Do you need you switches quickly for a build?

If yes and it's gateron blacks, I wouldn't mind sending you some of mine since you're in France too.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2034 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 17:56:49 »

wat

He said an handfull… so an handfull can't be only one person is it? Or is he saying nothing and anything?
I calculated for the only order I could think of but conceded that there might possibly be more

Offline mecano

« Reply #2035 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 18:34:51 »
ok so just in case you aren't actually trolling:

wut

considering that in 441 orders, a small handful (frankly I can only remember yours but there may be one or two more) have had a substantial problem like yours. In my book a 99.77% planned fulfillment constitutes a success.

I said that because it outlined the fact that such a small percentage of orders improperly handled constitutes a successful GB, not to reduce the magnitude of your problem.

Oh you weren't responding to me then. I thought you were.
I didn't talk about the success of the GB, I didn't even quote it.

I continued where you started :thumb:
If it makes you comfy with your mistakes, be my guest.

Yeah, I'm pretty content with me and Shadovved (especially Shadovved) being able to organize a buy in which nearly every single person was happy. Don't really understand the second part, I admitted that your order was incorrectly handled and stood behind numbers (which I guess is fairy dust now?)
I can't help you much on this one, I guess pretty everyone will nod on this one. You are not saying anymore things like 'everything' or 'everyone' now… Thank you for that  ;D

+ 0.23% it does
You mean me? Well it doesn't then or do you have as well definitions of smoothness and everything that involve quantic maths?
Now can you please put back *SHIPPING* on the thread title?  :D

Can we calm down here, problems happen in all group buy, you were unlucky mecano.

Do you need you switches quickly for a build?

If yes and it's gateron blacks, I wouldn't mind sending you some of mine since you're in France too.

Thank you for your offer azhdar.
That's very kind of you but quickly or not that's not the point.
I still miss a 29,2x8,3cm case anyway and didn't finalized the plate screw locations.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 May 2015, 18:36:37 by mecano »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2036 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 20:31:13 »
lmao

Offline RavenII

« Reply #2037 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 21:06:49 »
Holy ****...is that how I sounded...?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2038 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 21:24:23 »
Drama aside, my Gaterons are working great on my GON keyboard, no issues with stocked caps, I am using my Granite key set with no issues at all, and when I installed the switches on the PCB I had no problems at all, either.

These switches are great. I just regret I did not get more.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2039 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 21:32:31 »
eh, your complaints were mostly valid and were backed up with some semblance of logic

Offline Grrizz

« Reply #2040 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 22:07:59 »
Drama aside, my Gaterons are working great on my GON keyboard, no issues with stocked caps, I am using my Granite key set with no issues at all, and when I installed the switches on the PCB I had no problems at all, either.

Same regret here, I bit the bullet and paid a little more from some Massdrop ones in the end :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2041 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 22:18:01 »

Same regret here, I bit the bullet and paid a little more from some Massdrop ones in the end :)

It is not that bad; but, this deal was even better than MD's though.

I am typing on my own personal mix of Gatorades: Blues for alphas and blacks for the modifiers, and my GON rocks with them.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2042 on: Wed, 20 May 2015, 23:19:54 »
Is there anyone in Asia kind enough to sell me some blacks close to GB pricing? (i mention Asia due to shipping)
i really don't need these but everyone is talking so great about them and want to try these out, i can also trade for MX blues that i had to fix up so they're not entirely consistent but do all click.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline mecano

« Reply #2043 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 02:50:46 »

Do you have a link? I'll be glad to help there  ;D

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2044 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 15:48:31 »
-
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 May 2015, 16:25:16 by hwood34 »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2045 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 16:30:31 »
I am typing with Gaterons with Cherry ABS DS caps and there is no any issue with stuck key caps. Either, people who reported the issue got some actually faulty switches, or it was a group thinking issue.

Offline RavenII

« Reply #2046 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 18:48:56 »
I am typing with Gaterons with Cherry ABS DS caps and there is no any issue with stuck key caps. Either, people who reported the issue got some actually faulty switches, or it was a group thinking issue.

I don't know what a group thinking issue is, but I can guarantee that it's not the switches being faulty. Maybe different tolerances, but that's different from being faulty. I think if nothing else...in my case anyhow, it's the keycaps that are made like ****.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2047 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 19:08:56 »

I don't know what a group thinking issue is, but I can guarantee that it's not the switches being faulty. Maybe different tolerances, but that's different from being faulty. I think if nothing else...in my case anyhow, it's the keycaps that are made like ****.

By group-thinking I meant that some individuals were biased by the issues reported by others, instead of testing their switches candidly.

Offline Vintage

« Reply #2048 on: Sat, 23 May 2015, 19:12:21 »
Clear tops came a few days ago. Tested one and they seem really high quality. Look awesome for sure. Fits well on cherry MX.

Should have got some gateron blues  :p oh well... next time.
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline Jason_IRL

« Reply #2049 on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 00:11:54 »

By group-thinking I meant that some individuals were biased by the issues reported by others, instead of testing their switches candidly.

I feel like there are a lot of people looking for reasons not to love the gateron switches. Simply because they are so much cheaper than cherry switches, how could they possibly be the same quality. It's like when you buy the 50 cent Mac and cheese at Aldi and tell yourself it's totally different and not as good as the $1 box of Kraft dinner. It's the same thing. I think these switches are fantastic.