Author Topic: [GB] Gateron Switch (CLOSED)  (Read 455556 times)

Offline vistination

• Store
Re: [GB] Gateron Switch (CLOSED)
« Reply #2100 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 01:12:03 »
I wish I had bought more browns  :(
TK78 maker

Offline Glissant

« Reply #2101 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 11:14:37 »
I'm looking for 100 linear Gateron switches. Let me know if you want to sell some.

No longer looking.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 July 2015, 11:39:03 by Glissant »

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #2102 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 09:40:23 »
I'm looking for 100 clears. Please PM me if you'd like to sell yours.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Tachi

« Reply #2103 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 09:48:30 »
What are the odds of there being a round 2 of this buy in the near future? Gutted to have missed it!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2104 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 05:56:13 »
What are the odds of there being a round 2 of this buy in the near future? Gutted to have missed it!
What are you looking for?  I bought more than I need and will sell some at cost to those who want some.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2105 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 05:56:43 »
I wish I had bought more browns  :(
How many are you looking for?

Offline Tachi

« Reply #2106 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 07:04:52 »
What are you looking for?  I bought more than I need and will sell some at cost to those who want some.
I was looking for around 160 blacks and maybe just a few of each other to try. No idea how much shipping from Canada to the UK would cost?
Also cheers for your online tools they are what has led me towards building my first keyboard haha.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2107 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 07:40:27 »
I was looking for around 160 blacks and maybe just a few of each other to try. No idea how much shipping from Canada to the UK would cost?
Also cheers for your online tools they are what has led me towards building my first keyboard haha.
I always love to be the enabler.  I apologize to your wallet. 

I will check when I get home. I should have enough blacks for you. Shipping would be about $10 for Air (no tracking and ~2-3weeks for delivery). I will have to weigh and actually check the cost of the express options. Shipping costs more in Canada than in the US, so I am willing to split it with you to get it to the ballpark you are expecting.

Offline zenless

« Reply #2108 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 08:46:25 »
Anyone have around 65 browns?
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 July 2015, 08:57:02 by zenless »

Offline Tachi

« Reply #2109 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:09:39 »

I will check when I get home. I should have enough blacks for you. Shipping would be about $10 for Air (no tracking and ~2-3weeks for delivery). I will have to weigh and actually check the cost of the express options. Shipping costs more in Canada than in the US, so I am willing to split it with you to get it to the ballpark you are expecting.
Awesome! I am used to paying lots for shipping being from the UK haha. Let me know how much the express will be when you get the chance. Or even possibly a slow but insured as 2-3 weeks is nothing to wait haha.
So glad I joined rather than carried on observing this is one seriously kind community.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2110 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:11:58 »
Anyone have around 65 browns?
I have lots of browns. PM me and we will sort out the details. :)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2111 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:13:42 »

Awesome! I am used to paying lots for shipping being from the UK haha. Let me know how much the express will be when you get the chance. Or even possibly a slow but insured as 2-3 weeks is nothing to wait haha.
So glad I joined rather than carried on observing this is one seriously kind community.
OK. I will check on this when I get home and PM you. :)

Kindness breeds kindness. Many people on here have been very generous and kind to me, its the least I can do.

Offline tshakah

« Reply #2112 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 10:36:46 »
Swill do you have enough browns for an ErgoDox?

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #2113 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 09:03:27 »
Tracking code received, now it's time for the waiting game. If I'm lucky it'll be delivered in June.

Tracking code received, now it's time for the waiting game. If I'm lucky it'll be delivered in June.

In May probably.

In May probably.
Do not underestimate the incompetence of the Brazilian post.  :( At least with a tracking code I can complain if it takes too long.

Tracking says that my package arrived in Brazil. Now it goes to Customs, a.k.a. Curitiba's postal black hole (Curitiba is the city here in Brazil who concentrates customs for packages with less than 2 kg).

Now we wait.

mecano's switches were sent from Singapore, couldn't be delivered, returned to Singapore and were resent to him.

While all this happen, my switches arrived in Brazil in 5/5/2015 and are still being hold by customs. And no estimate of delivery. :(

All that quotes just to say that the first package of switches are still being hold by Brazilian customs. :'( The second package with 94 Blue switches came from the US in less than a month.

Offline zenless

« Reply #2114 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 10:46:10 »

Kindness breeds kindness. Many people on here have been very generous and kind to me, its the least I can do.

Swill was a bang up guy. Was a pleasure to buy these extras he graciously offered. Quick shipping even going from the Canada to US. Thanks again!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2115 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 12:09:19 »

Swill was a bang up guy. Was a pleasure to buy these extras he graciously offered. Quick shipping even going from the Canada to US. Thanks again!
Any time. It was a pleasure working with you. :)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2116 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 16:03:42 »
if anyone has extra blues (in the area of 100) I'll gladly take them off your hands nvm
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 August 2015, 15:16:39 by hwood34 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline pokkuhlag

« Reply #2117 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 12:19:50 »
Looking for 70 blues and 70 browns (and 10 blacks for fun). Please PM me if you are willing to sell some to The Netherlands.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 August 2015, 23:51:41 by pokkuhlag »

Offline bigDave

• The biggest
« Reply #2118 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 11:18:46 »
Looking to buy 70 gateron black, I live in the uk. Send me a personal message if you are willing to sell.

Also does does anyone know when the next gateron group buy is going to be, don't want to wait 5 weeks for massdrop shipping.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #2119 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 11:31:00 »
I have 100 unused blues that I'm willing to sell.

keep in mind that I'm in aus, so mind the shipping.

Offline Vaun

• ¯\_(ಠ_ಠ)_/¯
« Reply #2120 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 15:26:39 »
I'm looking for one hundred and thirty browns if anyone is willing to sell and ship to Sweden, send me a PM!

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #2121 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 16:34:09 »
Exactly 120 days after being shipped, my switches FINALLY arrived today.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #2122 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 16:35:07 »
Victoire!
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2123 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 17:36:17 »
holy ****

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2124 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 17:49:35 »

:eek: this puts our packages disappearing for a week in custom into perspective - I don't think I can ever complain about postage delays again.  I hope they're worth the wait!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #2125 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 18:28:25 »

:eek: this puts our packages disappearing for a week in custom into perspective - I don't think I can ever complain about postage delays again.  I hope they're worth the wait!
When everybody here complains about packages being hold by customs for 1 or 2 weeks, my only thought is "you are adorable".

Brazil ain't a country for amateurs.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2126 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 19:04:37 »

When everybody here complains about packages being hold by customs for 1 or 2 weeks, my only thought is "you are adorable".

Well a week is a 700% delay - if a package arrives in the country and customs aren't interested I'll have it the next day.  Even so, it's only a week...

I think I'd just pretend the rest of the world didn't exist if mail took months, you have my respect for sticking with it!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #2127 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 19:31:07 »

Well a week is a 700% delay - if a package arrives in the country and customs aren't interested I'll have it the next day.  Even so, it's only a week...

I think I'd just pretend the rest of the world didn't exist if mail took months, you have my respect for sticking with it!
Months? One time a movie Blu-ray I bought from Amazon took 2 and a half years to be delivered. That coincided with a period where Brazilian customs agents made an special operation to curb illegal imports. Which wasn't my case, but it was affected the same way. Brazil is a mess. Period.  :(

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #2128 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 23:16:41 »

Kudos to swill, awesome guy. Just got the browns and clears today. :D

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2129 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 23:18:28 »
One time a movie Blu-ray I bought from Amazon took 2 and a half years to be delivered.

One of the few times I've audibly said "what the ****" reading something on the internet.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2130 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 23:28:00 »

Awesome. Enjoy your build...  :)

Just so everyone knows. I have sold switches to 3-4 people and I don't have extra to sell anymore. Figured I would mention that at this point.  Need to keep some for my builds. :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2131 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 08:48:26 »

Just so everyone knows. I have sold switches to 3-4 people and I don't have extra to sell anymore. Figured I would mention that at this point.  Need to keep some for my builds. :)

Hey swill, congrats on your 3k posts.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2132 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 08:49:37 »

Hey swill, congrats on your 3k posts.
Woot.  Thx. :)

Offline Phirr

• If you don't work you die.
« Reply #2133 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 16:01:05 »
Months? One time a movie Blu-ray I bought from Amazon took 2 and a half years to be delivered.

Should have shelled out for Prime  ;)

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #2134 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 16:36:57 »
Should have shelled out for Prime  ;)

No Amazon Prime for me here in Brazil. :(

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2135 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 17:10:25 »
One time a movie Blu-ray I bought from Amazon took 2 and a half years to be delivered.

One of the few times I've audibly said "what the ****" reading something on the internet.
My reaction was stunned silence and only after reading it again a week later have I managed to reply, but I still don't know what to say.  It's just too crazy for words!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline majnu

« Reply #2136 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 08:49:12 »
sorry to bump this. I know the gb has closed but where can I buy red, brown possibly yellow gateron switches? I would like to replace the mx blue on my noppoo choc mini for these if it is possible.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #2137 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 08:54:25 »
sorry to bump this. I know the gb has closed but where can I buy red, brown possibly yellow gateron switches? I would like to replace the mx blue on my noppoo choc mini for these if it is possible.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gateron-switches

Offline majnu

« Reply #2138 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 15:28:10 »
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gateron-switches

Thank you. I did a bit of investigation and my keyboard is plate mounted so I would need to solder each switch. I haven't got the time for that so will just probably buy another keyboard or wait for the rgb topre

Offline Protoype

« Reply #2139 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 10:22:36 »
Will there be another group buy soon? if so i'll cancel my massdrop order.
No place like 127.0.0.1

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #2140 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 10:30:11 »
Will there be another group buy soon? if so i'll cancel my massdrop order.

Just buy them from Amazon if you don't mind the plate-mount version: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gateron . About the same price as MD. The ones on Massdrop are PCB mount if that's what you require.

Offline Protoype

« Reply #2141 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 10:44:13 »
from the UK, Need PCB mounted and Corus sells only Plate mounted on Amazon UK but £25 != to $25 :(

So if another GB happened I'd go for 300 of Browns/ Blacks/ Possibly Clears also. :p
No place like 127.0.0.1

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #2142 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 16:15:21 »
I'm in the US and would be up for 90 or so Browns if anyone wants to sell some.