Author Topic: [GB] Gateron Switch (CLOSED)  (Read 459579 times)

Offline BakaPhoenix

Re: [GB] Gateron Switch (CLOSED)
« Reply #2050 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 15:49:49 »
I'm really in love with my blue gateron, i only wish i bought some black too /o\
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 May 2015, 16:08:07 by BakaPhoenix »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2051 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 16:06:41 »
Just for the record, I tested the Gaterons with a set of vintage Cherry caps and they work flawlessly. Again, I think there is no issues at all with them.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2052 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 08:21:23 »
Just for the record, I tested the Gaterons with a set of vintage Cherry caps and they work flawlessly. Again, I think there is no issues at all with them.

Perhaps like some said, it could be a matter of batch.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2053 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 08:36:49 »

That's what I'm thinking. Like I said not all of mine (about half) have the catching issue, and it doesn't make them useless. 

I will just make sure that I use Imsto caps with them if the catching is that big of a problem while typing.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2054 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 08:41:38 »

That's what I'm thinking. Like I said not all of mine (about half) have the catching issue, and it doesn't make them useless. 

I will just make sure that I use Imsto caps with them if the catching is that big of a problem while typing.

It may be a particular production lot the one that presented the issue, of course. I just wanted to add the data to the thread to expand the information on these nice switches, that are a competitive option to Cherry. Also, I want to add that no one presented corrosion as reported previously by someone else.

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #2055 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 08:45:42 »
I had an extra phantom plate laying around I was using to test. On the plate, before I soldered the switches onto a board, the gaterons where catching. Once I soldered everything together (using that same plate) they stopped catching.

I know it makes little sense, but figured I would add my experience.

Offline RavenII

« Reply #2056 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 11:49:08 »

If you take the keycap that's causing the issue, and swap it with a switch that's not...does the issue follow the keycap or stay with the switch?

Like I showed in this video I posted...
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 May 2015, 11:51:08 by RavenII »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #2057 on: Wed, 27 May 2015, 23:17:41 »

If you take the keycap that's causing the issue, and swap it with a switch that's not...does the issue follow the keycap or stay with the switch?

Like I showed in this video I posted... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Gsf38Veoo

If some do catching, some don't,  It seems Quality Control issues at Gateron production line.   :(

GMK caps   =  Cherry Original caps
Gateron     =  Not 100% Cherry compatible?   or,  just a Design or Production error?

Gateron on Alibaba    http://shop1396630507718.1688.com 

http://detail.1688.com/offer/40381436648.html?spm=a261y.7663282.0.0.FrUL45
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 May 2015, 06:06:35 by sprit »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2058 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 18:07:21 »
im buying extras now if anyone has em
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline RavenII

« Reply #2059 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 23:05:14 »

I got 110...forrr...$109.99

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2060 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 23:18:20 »

see you joke but...

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline RavenII

« Reply #2061 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 23:22:42 »
Holy ****!...I was totally just kidding...I'll hit you up if I plan on selling some of my blacks...

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2062 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 23:23:17 »
Holy ****!...I was totally just kidding...I'll hit you up if I plan on selling some of my blacks...
ty :thumb:

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #2063 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 23:26:13 »

see you joke but...

Show Image

That's 525% markup compared to this this GB! Yikes....

A Massdrop deal just ended yesterday or so.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2064 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 09:52:02 »

see you joke but...

Show Image

Better not buy from MechanicalKeyboards Inc. The price is just so high.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2065 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 10:16:05 »
I am typing with Gaterons with Cherry ABS DS caps and there is no any issue with stuck key caps. Either, people who reported the issue got some actually faulty switches, or it was a group thinking issue.

I don't know what a group thinking issue is, but I can guarantee that it's not the switches being faulty. Maybe different tolerances, but that's different from being faulty. I think if nothing else...in my case anyhow, it's the keycaps that are made like ****.

By group-thinking I meant that some individuals were biased by the issues reported by others, instead of testing their switches candidly.

I feel like there are a lot of people looking for reasons not to love the gateron switches. Simply because they are so much cheaper than cherry switches, how could they possibly be the same quality. It's like when you buy the 50 cent Mac and cheese at Aldi and tell yourself it's totally different and not as good as the $1 box of Kraft dinner. It's the same thing. I think these switches are fantastic.

The Gateron switches are really awesome; unfortunately, they cost the same as the Cherry, now. Maybe, a new GB round would be as successful as the first one; or even more, now that people know how great they are.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 June 2015, 10:21:19 by ideus »

Offline mecano

« Reply #2066 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 13:12:13 »
Lucky you,
still no shipping from Shadovved despite repeated promises every week.
This nickname suits like a glove.
Shadovved, I'm pretty bored with your lame excuses, if you are missing labels use a ****ing pen dude.
Now that you had a good laugh, can you please refund me?
I would have taken apologies and excuses but all I got when I write is "Lol", "Sure", "what is your email already?" < for the fifth time and so on…

105 GBlack $16.80
shipping and handling $7.00
complementary fee for shipping and handling $9.00
TOTAL : $33.45

Congrats for the caps GB, looks like you had time for this. "LOL"

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #2067 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 15:29:42 »
Thank you for your offer azhdar.
That's very kind of you but quickly or not that's not the point.
I still miss a 29,2x8,3cm case anyway and didn't finalized the plate screw locations.

So why are you in such a big rush then?
You're making a huge deal out of the fact that you'll be the last to receive your switches.
Either you want the switches quickly or you don't.
If you're really hung up on the semantics of the group buy being "finished"
then there's nothing anyone here can do to help you.

I'm not intentionally picking sides, but you're kicking and screaming in a otherwise calm GB thread.

Offline mecano

« Reply #2068 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 19:40:56 »
I still miss a 29,2x8,3cm case anyway and didn't finalized the plate screw locations.

You're making a huge deal out of the fact that you'll be the last to receive your switches.

I'm not intentionally picking sides, but you're kicking and screaming in a otherwise calm GB thread.

Would you mind to consider that there is a problem here, that this thread is not your personal thread, that firing at ambulances is no better manners that the one you are trying to depict and that a more than reasonable amount of private messages have been exchanged before I had to report here to have my money back as it looks like I can dream about the switches *lol*
I appreciate the time you took to "analyze" *lol* the situation, dig a 3 weeks away post and make it sound like it was yesterday and the fact that you are not intentionally picking sides *lol* I bet you won't be the last and that'll be my last post to the pack.
I'll further report here progress for others to know what to expect when a problem arise, if needed.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2069 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 22:06:28 »

Would you mind to consider that there is a problem here, that this thread is not your personal thread, that firing at ambulances is no better manners that the one you are trying to depict and that a more than reasonable amount of private messages have been exchanged before I had to report here to have my money back as it looks like I can dream about the switches *lol*
I appreciate the time you took to "analyze" *lol* the situation, dig a 3 weeks away post and make it sound like it was yesterday and the fact that you are not intentionally picking sides *lol* I bet you won't be the last and that'll be my last post to the pack.
I'll further report here progress for others to know what to expect when a problem arise, if needed.
Yes posting updates to the situation here publicly must be helping the situation a great deal

*lol*

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #2070 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 22:40:54 »

Yes, it was my fault for accidentally posting to a wrong address.

And yes, your package was sitting on my table when it was returned to me because I was consolidating shipping with other packages as well.

And yes again, I did promise you tracking number I forgot when until I had operation two weeks ago, and since then anyone who asked was told that I'll ship this Tuesday when the mailman is coming.

And I'm sorry again that I rescheduled the mailman to come today instead to accommodate my schedule, I am a selfish person.

In short, I am sorry my existence in this GB has cause you much pain. I am also sorry that I receive so many PMs that I need to be constantly reminded of your invoice number or PayPal email.

I will post your tracking number here when it's updated later today, and I will email it to you as well. Since you wanted transparency, if someone diverts your package using the tracking, please don't blame me.

And if you still want your refund, I'll send you your cash back tonight, have the switches for free on me. I don't need your money.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2071 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 03:29:26 »

And yes, your package was sitting on my table when it was returned to me because I was consolidating shipping with other packages as well.

And yes again, I did promise you tracking number I forgot when until I had operation two weeks ago, and since then anyone who asked was told that I'll ship this Tuesday when the mailman is coming.

And I'm sorry again that I rescheduled the mailman to come today instead to accommodate my schedule, I am a selfish person.

In short, I am sorry my existence in this GB has cause you much pain. I am also sorry that I receive so many PMs that I need to be constantly reminded of your invoice number or PayPal email.

I will post your tracking number here when it's updated later today, and I will email it to you as well. Since you wanted transparency, if someone diverts your package using the tracking, please don't blame me.

And if you still want your refund, I'll send you your cash back tonight, have the switches for free on me. I don't need your money.

Tracking for mecano: RYXXXXXX419SG

Offline mecano

« Reply #2072 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 03:37:20 »

Man, what a christic position…

You could have apologize for your mistake instead of being doubtful and suspicious until the switches landed back to you (even if you were which I perfectly understand).
You could have taken a little time to explain to me how and when you were going to send them back to the correct address if this needed time on your side i.e. no clueless answers like "I don't have labels anymore I need to print some, expect next week". I'm not in your head, all I see is someone delaying forever for stranger reasons.

You could have given feedback and not wait each and every time for me to ask you putting me every week in the uneasy position of the beggar.

Now on a personal level, and because your are talking about this, you could have answered normally when I was taking news after your operation i.e. not saying I smartly suggested to get infos on the shipping. If I had only interests in the shipping I would have ask for it only. But I'm being silly, didn't I red on this board that this operation didn't stop you from organizing another GB but giving me news yes, that's elegant.

*lmao*
Trying to make things more transparent or once again more troublesome for me?
May I remind you that posting personal records is against the board rules?

Does it mean the switches have been shipped at last?
Please don't bother to send anything, trust is long gone, just refund me as I already asked you, thank you.

Offline mecano

« Reply #2073 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 03:42:22 »
Tracking for mecano: RY*********SG

This speaks for itself...
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2015, 03:46:23 by mecano »

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2074 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 03:44:21 »

Man, what a christic position�

You could have apologize for your mistake instead of being doubtful and suspicious until the switches landed back to you (even if you were which I perfectly understand).
You could have taken a little time to explain to me how and when you were going to send them back to the correct address if this needed time on your side i.e. no clueless answers like "I don't have labels anymore I need to print some, expect next week". I'm not in your head, all I see is someone delaying forever for stranger reasons.

You could have given feedback and not wait each and every time for me to ask you putting me every week in the uneasy position of the beggar.

Now on a personal level, and because your are talking about this, you could have answered normally when I was taking news after your operation i.e. not saying I smartly suggested to get infos on the shipping. If I had only interests in the shipping I would have ask for it only. But I'm being silly, didn't I red on this board that this operation didn't stop you from organizing another GB but giving me news yes, that's elegant.

*lmao*
Trying to make things more transparent or once again more troublesome for me?
May I remind you that posting personal records is against the board rules?

Does it mean the switches have been shipped at last?
Please don't bother to send anything, trust is long gone, just refund me as I already asked you, thank you.

I have refunded you, I suppose we are done.

Offline mecano

« Reply #2075 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 03:48:09 »
I supposed everyone is settled with someone posting personal records around for fun.
All about the lolz huh Shadovved.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #2076 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 03:52:31 »
Tracking for mecano: RY*********SG

This speaks for itself...
SingPost tracking is sparse and only shows the destination country, which you've already disclosed.

Example from my Gateron order:
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2015, 06:16:01 by wlhlm »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #2077 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 04:23:42 »
Tracking numbers generally don't show delivery address, only the city of delivery.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline mecano

« Reply #2078 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 05:57:52 »
You can acquire my personal address with this tracking number, the process is pretty obvious.
May a moderator remove this please?

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #2079 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 06:16:37 »
You can acquire my personal address with this tracking number, the process is pretty obvious.
I don't want to report the post but hit report post on the one with the tracking number list the reason you want it remove and submit a mod will then remove it.

As much as I have a dislike for how you have gone about this Mecano the tracking number as you have said should not be visible as you can redirect it, come on people lets all be happy just XX out the middle part of the tracking number shadovved buddie :)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline mecano

« Reply #2080 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 06:30:58 »
Already reported at 10:42 GMT+1.
Again this speaks for itself.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2081 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 06:47:51 »
I don't want to report the post but hit report post on the one with the tracking number list the reason you want it remove and submit a mod will then remove it.

As much as I have a dislike for how you have gone about this Mecano the tracking number as you have said should not be visible as you can redirect it, come on people lets all be happy just XX out the middle part of the tracking number shadovved buddie :)

Ask nicely and you shall receive.

Make sure he thanks you :D

Offline mecano

« Reply #2082 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 07:00:01 »

With responsibilities come powers and it looks you abused them miserably.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2015, 07:07:01 by mecano »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2083 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 07:08:48 »

With responsibilities come powers and it looks you abused them miserably.

Okay, dude, you've said your piece.  I think it would be best if you don't post in this thread any more.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline mecano

« Reply #2084 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 08:17:14 »
To Shadovved credit he always responded to my pm, sometimes fast, sometimes not.
I also received the refund notice, including the paypal 'donation' payment fee for the second payment.
Fee that I didn't claimed back when asking for a refund but that he honestly included.

Now that it looks that the switches are really on their way and I have no reason to doubt about it, I will use this fee (and add the remaining to the donation fee) to refund the refund as soon as I got them ; sending the switches back to Shadovved would be asking for more troubles and would be more costy (but if you want me to send these back to you, Shadovved, let me know, we'll figure out something).

So thank you Shadovved for this good move :thumb:

« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2015, 08:21:10 by mecano »

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #2085 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 08:33:07 »
mecano's switches were sent from Singapore, couldn't be delivered, returned to Singapore and were resent to him.

While all this happen, my switches arrived in Brazil in 5/5/2015 and are still being hold by customs. And no estimate of delivery. :(

Offline mecano

« Reply #2086 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 08:51:09 »
That's very unfortunate Vinny, more than one month in customs is not normal at all from my country perspective, more than one week shouldn't I guess. Did they give you any reason for that? Here it is possible once you have found the 'magical' phone number (which used to be widely available years ago ; times are changing, less working humans, more obfuscated automatized processes) to talk to them and they are pretty helpful if they can.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #2087 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 09:10:47 »
That's very unfortunate Vinny, more than one month in customs is not normal at all from my country perspective, more than one week shouldn't I guess. Did they give you any reason for that? Here it is possible once you have found the 'magical' phone number (which used to be widely available years ago ; times are changing, less working humans, more obfuscated automatized processes) to talk to them and they are pretty helpful if they can.
Brazilian postal service has been declining in quality for about a decade, when the e-commerce fever started here. And don't think that I and other people didn't tried to change this: Brazilian post is government-run, with all bureaucracy implicit by this.

Do you want to know their official position? I know that because of previous experiences: the standard estimate for delivery of international non-express packages (the tracking code starts with R, just like the one Shadovved used) is 60 business days starting from the day the package arrives in Brazil. Complication: the packages must go through customs, which is another public service, from a distinct government department.

Truth be told: Brazilian government is using postal import taxes as a way to increase revenue. It is a flat 60% tax over package value + shipping. And I read in some news that Brazilian post receives about 2 million packages per month, without an infrastructure to support this volume of work.

I'll finish with an example that happened to me this week: last Tuesday I received a book (one of the few items that can not be import taxed by Brazilian law) that I bought on Amazon UK. I purchased it in November 2014. It took so long to be delivered that I asked for a refund on Amazon UK and bought it again on Amazon US (they use a shipping company with their own fleet called i-Parcel. Only when it arrives in Brazil they use local post service to make final delivery).

Offline Metr0

• HHKB or nuttin
« Reply #2088 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 16:43:38 »
If anyone is looking to sell extras, I'm looking for 100 brown switches  :D
[WTB] BLANK PINK HHKB ARROW CLUSTER

Offline mecano

« Reply #2089 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 07:45:16 »
Quick update, got the switches yesterday evening, there are 100 instead of 105, (math fans can calculate the error ratio on weight based on previous similar reports). Thanks Shadovved, will issue a back payment based on this asap.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #2090 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 12:18:23 »
So, I swapped the MX blacks on my JD40 out for Gateron Clears, and about 10 are catching, oddly enough on SP DSA caps (Deep Space). I fixed one by swapping tops with another Gateron switch that didn't have the catching issue. Has anyone figured out how to fix the Gaterons that catch? Is there something I can file down on the switch top? If 1/4 Gaterons have the catching issue like the JD40 ended up with, I won't be able to avoid having switches that catch on my Phantom build.

Any help with a fix would be wonderful! Especially if you include pictures! Aside from this issue, they're amazing switches though.

Thanks for running this GB Shadovved!

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2091 on: Fri, 03 July 2015, 22:56:23 »
If anyone is looking to sell extras, I'm looking for 100 brown switches  :D

Ya, I can hook you up for what it cost me to my door ($.25/each).  PM me...

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #2092 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 09:16:27 »
Just received the second package with ~90 blues, sent by priority package. The first one, with ~400 switches and ~130 clear switch tops, is still being hold by customs.  :(

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #2093 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 09:27:54 »
Here's me hoping there will be second round for this. I use my gateron switch with mx clear stems on my viper. I like it very much, the tactile bump is smooth.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2094 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 09:59:37 »
So, I swapped the MX blacks on my JD40 out for Gateron Clears, and about 10 are catching, oddly enough on SP DSA caps (Deep Space). I fixed one by swapping tops with another Gateron switch that didn't have the catching issue. Has anyone figured out how to fix the Gaterons that catch? Is there something I can file down on the switch top? If 1/4 Gaterons have the catching issue like the JD40 ended up with, I won't be able to avoid having switches that catch on my Phantom build.

Any help with a fix would be wonderful! Especially if you include pictures! Aside from this issue, they're amazing switches though.

Could you explain in more detail the way your switches catch? I am using Granite DSA with Gaterons Blue and Blacks on a GON's Nerd 60 with no plate and they work flawlessly; thus, I just cannot imagine what is wrong with yours.

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #2095 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 11:42:19 »

Could you explain in more detail the way your switches catch? I am using Granite DSA with Gaterons Blue and Blacks on a GON's Nerd 60 with no plate and they work flawlessly; thus, I just cannot imagine what is wrong with yours.

I also have sticking problem with my gateron tops on JD40 using stock qfr keycaps. Haven't had the time to investigate the issue but my quick observation is that if the keycap is pressed too hard, the keycap would reach the base of the top and somewhat fits snugly preventing it from returning. These happens only to some of the switch though.

Offline RavenII

« Reply #2096 on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 11:51:21 »
I also have sticking problem with my gateron tops on JD40 using stock qfr keycaps. Haven't had the time to investigate the issue but my quick observation is that if the keycap is pressed too hard, the keycap would reach the base of the top and somewhat fits snugly preventing it from returning. These happens only to some of the switch though.

Check if it follows the switch or the keycap...my issue stayed with the keycaps.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #2097 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 03:51:31 »

That's different from my issue, mine catch on the way down if I press them even a little off center (on the side towards me, the side of the switch farthest from me is fine). The key stops for a moment and makes a pretty loud ka-thunk sound.. really unpleasant. It turned out to be nearly all of my switches, out of 200 I have like 30 that don't catch. They come back up just fine though.

The fix for me was to file down the edge of the switch top with a small round file, but it takes forever to do it. I did all 40 switch tops on my JD40 and it took me like four hours to do.. and some of them are still grindy and scratchy feeling. Really unimpressed to be honest, I can't use these on my next Phantom build unless I use cheap keycaps or spend an entire day filing to end up with some switches that are way scratchier than Cherrys. It's a shame, because I was excited to use these, and I kind of feel like I wasted $50. The few that don't catch feel great.

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #2098 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 23:40:22 »
I know this is a long shot, and maybe not really appropriate to post here, but were there any extra Browns from this drop that I might be able to buy at a marked up price?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2099 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 00:25:36 »
I know this is a long shot, and maybe not really appropriate to post here, but were there any extra Browns from this drop that I might be able to buy at a marked up price?
Nah, if you're looking for extras from the buy this would be the right place to ask. Unfortunately, we sold all the extras a while back. It shouldn't be too hard to find some in the classifieds though.