Author Topic: important updates and giveaways  (Read 50388 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
important updates and giveaways
« on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 06:55:41 »
hey guys, got a lot to cover in this post so ill do my best to get it all across as clearly as possible

we have a big week coming up, and due to some personal commitments im not going to be around as much as i would like, and when i do have time, a lot of what i need to do will be behind the scenes so wont be getting on the baord to much

firstly ctrl alt v2 is about ready, ill be beta testing it over the next few days, but its just about ready to launch

when it launches, we will be hosting a little event and doing some giveaways, but i have a little giveaway in preparation for it

so for all the photographers out there, i need pictures of things sold on ctrl alt, so keysets, bro caps, basically anything we have ever done, looking for high quality shots and anything we end up using, i have some little packages of bro caps dibs tickets, t shirts, stickers, business cards keychains, desk toys and other stuff

so please submit pics below, anything i use ill contact you for a high res copy and your address so i can get some loot out to you

next up, we have jtk and retro ending in the next 4 days, anyone who wishes to pay via paypal, please make your order sooner rather than later, as im not gonna be around too much this weekend, if anyone would like to order but cant quite pay between now and deadline, please contact me and we can arrange a late payment

for anyone who has paid via paypal already, your order will still show unpaid, on the last day of the buy, i will go through all paypal invoices and mark them off on the site as paid so i can do it all at once

regarding anything outstanding from old gbs

cody has posted this form for you to fill out

http://gb-support.ctrlalt.io/

please use this, cody doesnt have much time to keep up with the forum and pms, and by filling out this form, you will know when your message has been read, replied to and solved, please be patient, he is working through them now, some orders are delays because we didnt get some kits back form the old proxy, these are being ordered, replaced and paid for by me through sp, and ill have a date on those shortly, so sit tight, im on top of it

for the replacement hackd by geeks scoops and replacement for the crooked right shift, we have the packing materials on hand, cody has started shipping those and will finish in the next day or so, ive covered the shipping on these, for anyone who opted to cover shipping themselves, ill send you an invoice after the fact once i have some more time

with regards to jd40's, we will have the last of the remaining custom builds finished shortly, and be launching the jd40 v2 and jd45 shortly on the new store, having learnt from the old buy, we wont be offering custom builds on these new boards, but we will be offering full kits including everything you need to build, having everything on hand for immediate shipping

for bro caps, we will be having the cosmos sale very soon, keep an eye out either in this sub, the bro caps sub, or on mine or bros twitter, we will also be doing another twitter giveaway this sale, so be on the lookout so you dont miss it

thanks for taking the time to read this, i am around, but over the next week, i may be slower to reply than normal, if anyone who reads this, sees a query come up in another thread that would be answered by this post, please link people to it in my absence

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: important updates and giveaways
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 07:03:50 »
Thanks for the updates and all you guys do! I'm keeping an eye out for the jd45.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 07:08:22 »
Good luck with everything Bun! :)
I'm amazed as how much you guys have progressed recently, I'll see what I have in my photo album with Ctrlalt stuff
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 07:21:34 »
You da man bunny. Hope you have a great week.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 07:24:32 »
Looking forward to seeing the new site! I'll see what I have for nice pictures, been a while since I did a Bro photoshoot
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 07:26:35 »
Looking forward in posting some of my stuff from you guys.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 07:31:54 »
Thanks for the update. I need to get on placing my order before the GB ends.

Can't wait to see the store officially open.

And hey, maybe my photo class might be worth something now

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 07:59:36 »
Thanks for the heads up. Glad to see you guys are making some good progress since you all started.

Keep it up! :)

Offline Seranite

• Doesn't know what's going on.
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 08:19:19 »
 :D  Very excited for the coming week!

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 08:19:52 »
Posting to remind me to post a few pics later

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 08:20:32 »
Gonna try my hardest to proper photo later for this.

Thanks for all the updates and giveaways!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 08:32:55 »
Exciting update.

Really admire how the team's looking to improve everything on top of everything that's going on. Hugely looking forward to the giveaways and events.

Thanks!

Edit: Shame I don't have a camera setup, but for the sake of documenting I took these photos before!
Hoping you could find a use for them in some way or another :thumb:
More

« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2015, 08:56:51 by sorijealut »

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 08:34:54 »
I am going to start with some pictures, two new ones, some old ones, my favorite Bro shots from Bro Caps bought over [CTRL]ALT. Unfortunately I don't have ever enough time to do more. But I am father now of this cute little boy which is also seen in those pics sometimes, so that compensates everything, more than one could imagine :)

Danger! Picture flood ahead... But not enough to spoiler!

I never know which one to choose of those two:

Additional picture:

« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2015, 02:33:45 by madhias »
... ...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 08:36:11 »

Show Image

Really love this shot, looks like something from an old science book
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2015, 08:37:50 by baldgye »

Offline Seranite

• Doesn't know what's going on.
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 08:38:25 »
I am going to start with some pictures, two new ones, some old ones, my favorite Bro shots from Bro Caps bought over [CTRL]ALT. Unfortunately I don't have ever enough time to do more. But I am father now of this cute little boy which is also seen in those pics sometimes, so that compensates everything, more than one could imagine :)

Danger! Picture flood ahead... But not enough to spoiler!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I never know which one to choose of those two:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

In love with all of these <3

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 08:40:57 »
Some shots!

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2015, 08:54:03 by Cottonsox »

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 08:44:47 »
pssshh here come some of the best iphone pictures you have ever seen

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 08:46:43 »
pssshh here come some of the best iphone pictures you have ever seen

pffftttt fite me

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 09:19:16 »
I would love to provide you guys with some decent photos of my only bro but I don't own any fancy equipment for that.

I'll gladly provide you instead with pixel art of your products if it would be of any help. All those pixel keyboards that people are using in their signatures inspired me to expand that idea, by letting people showcase their brocaps in the same neat little way. It could also be used to make a list of all the existing color combinations/versions or as neat little hotlink icons.
I'm currently halfways done with the V2 Bot, still need to make an isometric version of it. After that I'll be making the (old) reaper. So uh, reply to my post or shoot me a PM if interested!
| ISO |

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 09:22:15 »
I would love to provide you guys with some decent photos of my only bro but I don't own any fancy equipment for that.

I'll gladly provide you instead with pixel art of your products if it would be of any help. All those pixel keyboards that people are using in their signatures inspired me to expand that idea, by letting people showcase their brocaps in the same neat little way. It could also be used to make a list of all the existing color combinations/versions or as neat little hotlink icons.
I'm currently halfways done with the V2 Bot, still need to make an isometric version of it. After that I'll be making the (old) reaper. So uh, reply to my post or shoot me a PM if interested!

id love to incorporate something like this in to the site somehow, the only issue is i have a thing for consistency, so if we do it for one product, id need to have it for all kinda thing, but if you have some free time and wanna come up with something id love to see

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 09:30:07 »

id love to incorporate something like this in to the site somehow, the only issue is i have a thing for consistency, so if we do it for one product, id need to have it for all kinda thing, but if you have some free time and wanna come up with something id love to see

Once I'll have the "model"/template down then it shouldn't be too hard. Surely it will be a grind to make ALL the current caps out there, will take some time but after that it should be easy to make variations for any new or upcoming cap. I'll shoot you an example in a couple of hours.
| ISO |

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 09:42:45 »

Once I'll have the "model"/template down then it shouldn't be too hard. Surely it will be a grind to make ALL the current caps out there, will take some time but after that it should be easy to make variations for any new or upcoming cap. I'll shoot you an example in a couple of hours.

i dont mean each bro cap, but more each item on the site, so a bro cap one, one for each keyset etc, that way we could use them as tags on the site

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 09:57:03 »

i dont mean each bro cap, but more each item on the site, so a bro cap one, one for each keyset etc, that way we could use them as tags on the site

Sure thing, was planning on making all the brocaps. Keysets are easy to make.
| ISO |

Offline joey

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 10:35:36 »
I don't have any ctrlalt or bro items to take pics of.. but I'm looking forward to the pics that others take and the new store!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 10:55:01 »
oh forgot to mention in the OP, im gonna be clearing through this subforum properly, archiving most of the topics apart from active ones, and even some of those i shall replace, i wont be deleting them but just popping them in our archive to keep things tidy and to make sure people have the most up to date info

Offline Belfong

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 11:29:54 »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 13:01:47 »
I'd love to win a dibs ticket for more topre gamer sets so the wyfe can switch it up on occasion! I've stepped up my pic game, but don't know if it'll cut it.

« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2015, 13:11:40 by absyrd »
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 13:28:27 »
Here are a few I have. They aren't great, quality wise, but I like them.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 13:31:07 »
Some of my favorites, no names because I most were from trades

EDIT: not sure what the top one is called, "reverse patriot" maybe? The second two came from the Toxic sale not sure of their names either ... too many artisans .. LOL

If needed I can get a similar shot with no artisan caps in place

« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2015, 13:58:57 by tigersharkdude »

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 13:54:03 »
Some of my favorites, no names because I most were from trades

But then you did not get them from the ctrl/alt team :p

This will be a big shootout :) Representin' [CTRL]ALT:

« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2015, 13:56:38 by madhias »
... ...

Offline Peddamann

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 17:23:18 »
didnt get the chance yet to get anything from ctrl alt -_- im only since february into mechs and as long as i can remember the shop is offline :D... oh and winning a bro raffle?... hmm :-( hopefully the next sale will be my first win *balls crossed*

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 17:33:41 »
Alas, my photography skills are lacking and the one bro cap I have, a Pharaoh v2, that could have come from Ctrl Alt was from the email missed out sale for it. I may post a pic of it anyway for fun if I can get a decent one. :P

Crap I'm gonna have to watch twitter like a HAWK aren't I. And I've been successfully weaning myself off of twitter addiction. Oops.

Soon I'll be able to continue my streak of no success on raffles. Can't wait for the hype and then the agonizing crash afterwards.
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 20:05:58 »
Not all of these were released on [CTRL]alt sales, but everyone should know about stump

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 21:40:09 »
The only ctrlalt thing I can easily get to.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 00:18:46 »
Played around with a light table and some backdrops tonight.  Unfortunately my D70 isn't doing too hot these days.

Toxic:

Bro Stump:

Blackout Bro:

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 01:10:07 »
Here are some of my favorites I've taken in my time here. I'll also take some of toxic and my newer bro caps tomorrow.

Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 01:43:12 »
Some photos of Ctrl Alt goodies:

Toxic!
More

Bro Set
More

Bro + Bunny caps:
More

Ctrl Alt
More

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Toxic-i-

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 04:02:47 »
CTRL ALT & BROCAPS   :thumb:

More

More

« Last Edit: Sat, 30 May 2015, 04:05:15 by Toxic-i- »

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 09:17:21 »
Although i'm not waiting on anything, thanks for always keeping the community up to date of everything you guys do.

I'll try get some shots together in the next couple days =)
Just one thing i'm not sure about, i'm seeing a ton of shots for brobots caps (not sets) but i figured you meant products that you guys are almost always selling like stickers, keychains etc?
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 09:33:17 »
I left all my CTRL ALT stuff at work. I meant to take it all home to try and get some good shots. When I get back there I'll try to get a few decent pictures.

I am super excited for the JD45 kit. Can't wait for the store relaunch.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline IonutZ

• Stay awhile and listen
    • SC
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 09:58:06 »
just made myself a photographer and bought this to help you guys out :D

Picchurress incominggggg

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 12:38:56 »
I also won this cap in a Sorry You Missed sale... Nice one, which I sent to DanielT since he was such an unlucky guy an when he won a cap, it got lost in mail.

... ...

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 13:27:39 »
I also won this cap in a Sorry You Missed sale... Nice one, which I sent to DanielT since he was such an unlucky guy an when he won a cap, it got lost in mail.

Show Image

firstly i wanna say, this in no way is me going through and picking pics out yet etc

but i will say this, its almost certain i will be using some of yours sir, and for you lovely pics and kind gestures you have made you will certainly be getting a gold dibs ticket

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 14:10:04 »
firstly i wanna say, this in no way is me going through and picking pics out yet etc

but i will say this, its almost certain i will be using some of yours sir, and for you lovely pics and kind gestures you have made you will certainly be getting a gold dibs ticket

well deserved madhias, congrats! :cool:

Been ogling at the shots and every one of them have been spot on. Super clean product shots.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 14:16:52 »
Here's one:
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline justify

• Great news!
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 14:18:24 »
I havent won anything from ctrlalt (like 0/9) but I have traded to get some caps from there, can I still post pics of them?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 14:22:57 »
I havent won anything from ctrlalt (like 0/9) but I have traded to get some caps from there, can I still post pics of them?

They're still Bros sold on CtrlAlt, so I don't see why not. I haven't won any raffles on CtrlAlt, but have traded for some caps.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 14:29:40 »

Show Image

Aww hell yeah, that would be great! You know, that SSK :) Going swimming with a keyboard, got a baby 2 days later, so I have some nice memories to this board:

« Last Edit: Sat, 30 May 2015, 14:36:21 by madhias »
... ...

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 14:30:57 »

Show Image

And it was such a cool thing from you to do  :thumb:
This was my first bro, and I had this photo as homescreen on my phone :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 May 2015, 12:56:33 by DanielT »
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....