geekhack Marketplace > The Athenaeum

Sale Format Feedback

<< < (2/24) > >>

temporal:
I agree that it comes down to the quantity available. Larger quantities GB and smaller raffle.

Maybe bring the limit down to 1-2 caps?

I'm a big fan of the GB format, though! 

iamtootallforthis:
I really like GB sales as I am able to get what I want but I enjoy raffle and flash sales as the caps are already completed and I receive them relatively quickly.

joey:
I think what FireBrand said also kind of makes sense. I feel like the gamer sets and "simpler" (from our perspective?) designs work well in a GB-ish format. Or having a GB for 1-2 single colour Brobot v3s, and then raffle sales for the more exotic designs?

jerue:
I like the raffle style sales the best - you get time to participate and luck of the draw brings the hype.

Group Buys would be awesome on a limited time basis; i.e. since Cherokey GB is a thing, maybe wait a few more sales for the next GB, or even longer.

First come first served would be OK if it weren't strictly email sales - maybe if they were run like Krytone (google forms), or Binge (hate the gator), it'd be more fun since there's a mystery element standing in your way ready to dash your hopes and dreams. Since you can become skilled at timing your emails, it takes the fun away from it a bit.

tokidokijake:
I think a combination of group buys and raffle would be optimal. It's really cool to be able to get a cap that you really want through a group buy but at the same time the limited nature of certain caps creates very cool and fun hype around them. I feel that part of what making a cap highly valuable is the limited nature of it. Making very many of them, in my opinion may hurt the draw of the brand, regardless of how awesome the caps are. Plus, I know that when I received my first bro after waiting for so long, the feeling was truly incredible, like I had won the lottery. Thus some combination would be cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version