Author Topic: Post your Loot [WINNERS BE ANNOUNCED YO!]  (Read 44057 times)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Post your Loot [WINNERS BE ANNOUNCED YO!]
« on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 17:55:26 »
POST UR XMAS LOOT GAIZ!

Up for grabs:

I have a few Bro-Ho-Ho Reapers to give away to some folks.

Rules:

1. Post a photo of your xmas/holiday loot (with your forum name next to it on a piece of paper) with a bit of a background story (it can literally be one sentence, if you aint got no time fo dat)

2. These + shipping to you are FREE!

3. Giveaway ends on December 31st

« Last Edit: Thu, 07 January 2016, 17:45:34 by Bro Caps »

Offline justify

• Great news!
Re: Post your Loot [Giveaway]
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 17:56:15 »
hold

Offline n0rvig

Post your Loot [Giveaway]
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 17:56:56 »
Socks!

Proof coming soon..

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 17:57:17 »
Sucks ---im not in the states, where my loots at ! Goodluck ya'll!!
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 17:57:57 »
I have bad sleep patterns. This is a great gift.

Updated image to prove it's me.
And yes, that's a Darth Vader onesie I'm wearing. It's my Christmas jammies.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 December 2015, 10:42:15 by romevi »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Post your Loot [Giveaway]
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 17:58:01 »

For Christmas I got some replacements: my old aeropress was lost in our move and my mother and mother-in-law broke my old double-walled espresso glasses (they claim they're slippery when unloading the dishwasher).
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:13:36 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 17:58:37 »

I didn't ask for anything this year, but I got a Columbia jacket from my sister  :), Bose SoundTrue in ears, and way too much $. The jacket is actually a lot softer than I was expecting and will keep me warm during this winter. I got the earphones for myself because I was sick of the stock Apple ones falling out and got them for a nice deal. And last is $ from the fam.

Edit: fixed picture orientation
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:27:28 by mason »

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 17:59:12 »
I got a box of rocks (for my fish tank) and a keyboard case. Not a bad haul. =D

« Last Edit: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:01:16 by FLFisherman »

Offline neverused

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 17:59:15 »
I opted to spend the money on kids instead of receiving presents this year and I ate all the candy to my name already, but I did get some really nice memories:

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:00:11 »
I didn't really get to celebrate Christmas this year due to work but came back to some of this. Really cheered me up :)

« Last Edit: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:31:47 by Bevo »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:00:18 »
1. You don't have to 'reserve' a post

2. Please read the rules again

3. AFK need beer

Offline graefeln

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:01:11 »

Need it for school next semester... and pictures of keycaps.

« Last Edit: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:19:06 by graefeln »

Offline scubaste

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:02:54 »
I opted to spend the money on kids instead of receiving presents this year and I ate all the candy to my name already, but I did get some really nice memories:

Show Image

Show Image

Too freaking cute!  :D

Offline ooah

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:05:35 »
First post!  Self-gift that came today, and my first tenkeyless.  Now all I need is a functioning computer to go along with it, since my cat destroyed my last.  Baby steps.

« Last Edit: Sun, 27 December 2015, 17:30:27 by ooah »

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:05:46 »
Not everything, but my favorite stuff. My birthday is also today, so I usually only get one thing from people but its a "double" gift :/

The shoes are not something I would normally buy (I wear gym shoes everywhere), but I do like they look nicer than running shoes ..
Gym bag was also a welcome addition, my old bag was getting raggedy. And the Galaxy View is a random gift from one of my aunts, I absolutely love it.

« Last Edit: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:20:44 by tigersharkdude »

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:06:32 »

Just a tiny lil PC , nothing major...  :rolleyes:
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline t347

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:07:08 »

Got myself a new keyboard, my aunt got me a new mouse, and my parents got me a new phone which I used to take the pic.  Pretty solid Christmas imo
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 December 2015, 21:38:57 by tonyhfitz »

Realforce 87u 55g

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:07:42 »
I got some sweet Star Wars socks for Christmas this year!  My wife and I focused most of the gifts on our son of course, so there isn't much loot on my end ;)

Offline raymogi

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:07:46 »

First of all, merry christmas and happy holidays Geeks!

So this holidays season, I'm spending it with just my wife as opposed to my whole big family. We both arrived here in Singapore on Dec 23rd and will be here for around 2 months for what could be one of the most important moment of my life to date. We're having our baby boy delivered. This feels like college days all over again with the difference being this time it's something life changing. I know this will change our life forever but I know it's for the better. I will have to be more responsible with life and especially with my spending behavior :D

I didn't get to buy as many xmas loot this time around as most of the money have been spent on baby stuff (cause the wife practically buys everything cute that she laid her eyes on). It's something that I know I will use a lot of though since I had already planned on giving my previous iPad Air 2 (and iPad mini) for the baby once he grows up. You see, I don't like to share my gadgets so I rather give him his own iPads rather than him messing with my own.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:08:23 »
Story; first Christmas in the uk in 5 years, spending it with my parents, got jump leads, car battery charger and tire pump. Along with some random stocking fillers! Not exciting but this is one of the joys of being an adult! Me and my SO are spending Xmas apart this year due to my new job and so will exchange gifts in the new year;

Updated picture ^-^
Just noticed my retarded 7 looks like a 4...
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 December 2015, 05:43:28 by baldgye »

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:10:06 »
We had a quiet Christmas at my house this year. My parents usually go crazy on me, my wife, and my brother and his wife, but this year we all donated money/goods to charity instead of exchanging gifts. My parents still ended up getting us a few small things. The Outback certificates support my daughter's school, and my dad got the fountain pen because he knows I like them. My mom still couldn't resist giving us all money too.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:11:14 »
Main thing I received. I had been wanting to get nicer headphones for a while , but would also need an amp so my family chipped in and helped me get a schiit magni and modi.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 December 2015, 08:34:33 by nickheller »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:15:16 »

I've enjoyed playing around with backyard metal casting and wanted to try something a little different.  Once I get the crucible and figure out the best way to do a burn out at home, I'll have some fun doing some metal casting.  It's a pretty cheap and ghetto centrifugal caster, but it should be fun.

Got a 4TB HDD since they're more reliable than 3TB and I've really been needing one for a while. 

Lastly, I got another TWSBI Eco (that I love) and some awesome little Star Wars notebooks, stickers, and a Pez dispenser.

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:16:51 »
So my cousins from Japan brought me three Kyary albums. Finally have a physical album of hers! Not even sure I want to open them soo excitedddd

« Last Edit: Sun, 27 December 2015, 22:07:03 by Bigpock »

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:21:50 »

So I work as a Nurse Anesthetist and every day I introduce myself as Jake to many new patients. I would say that about 50% go with "Jake?? FROM STATE FARM!?!" As if they are the first people that have ever said it to me, EVERY SINGLE TIME. hahah I actually don't mind and run with it as if its the first time I've heard it but my friend thought it would be funny if they got me a shirt to further exemplify my state farm'ness. My birthday is also just before Christmas so a lot of what I get is a combo gift. The second pic of the drake sweater and cake was for my birthday. I love Drake and I love that hotling bling, enough said! I also love whiskey, so I would say it was a great haul!

Offline Connly33

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:24:37 »
( Had to make a new post because i forgot my forum name )

Just got a couple things, but i'm happy with what i got : p , I got some thick PBT orange/black keycaps from geek key and a pok3r case for my 60% build with a little bit of money i got. Along with a new shaver that i've really been needing, i also got a set of mini pliers but there out in the garage.

Custom 60% with Cherry MX Clear

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:26:16 »
I haven't seen my family in a while because they are overseas right now so as a gift they sent me letters with tickets to go visit them. I also got a nice card from my brother when I arrived and a pair of red Bluetooth headphones so I could have a peaceful trip back to the states. Its nothing flashy but it means a lot coming from them, especially since school has been controlling my life recently.

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:27:11 »
So I got these, from my brother (sorry for potato quality).

Krampus Soap - they look brilliant, and smell even better.
One got a bit messed up (it's a long trip from California to here), but nevermind that, they'll go on my shelf regardless and were actually meant as a decoration.
As my brother said, "Well .. you don't shower anyway, so there."   ;D
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 December 2015, 13:51:57 by Burt Macklin »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:28:11 »

Show Image

This is the most win cake in the history of cakes.

Offline neverused

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:35:44 »
1. You don't have to 'reserve' a post

2. Please read the rules again

3. AFK need beer
What if you can't add your username to the pic? (see my post)

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:36:57 »

I got a ton of clothes cause I guess everyone thinks I need workout clothes! Got some biking gloves and Jersey, workout shirt, sunglasses.. And athletic boxer briefs that I already wore so they are in my hamper :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:42:41 by aznairjordan »
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:40:04 »

Show Image

This is the most win cake in the history of cakes.

haha it most definitely is. At the restaurant we went to, the whole bar started singing hotling bling when we busted it out. It was freaking classic

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:46:36 »
Nothing at all for me, but I'm glad I get this baby car seat from friends this Christmas. Having firstborn kinda hit the wallet hard, but since the 1st week it's just a beautiful adventure (counting days til I meet her )

Oh and it comes with the vader doll, huge plus

#teachyourkidsstarwarsearly

« Last Edit: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:54:32 by jokrik »
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:54:53 »
Lovely :)

Bit of background:
  Christmas is huge at my girlfriends place and pretty much goes a little like the following:
    1. Wake up at 5:30 A.M. (why 5:30? I have no idea, long time tradition I believe - this year we got up at 5 thereby breaking tradition)
    2. Mad rush for the bathroom/shower/coffee machine
    3. All congregate in the lounge room at 6:00 A.M., any later and you risk the chance of having to sit on an uncomfortable 'dinning room' chair *shutter*
    4. Mum hands out 1 gift, to the person on her left, said person then guess what the present is, and precedes to open it
    5. This process is repeated until all the gifts are handed out and one-by-one are opened
    6. Present opening ceremony usually lasts until about 4-6 hours depending on conversation/present guess duration
    7. Everyone has a nap, I was out like a light this year.
    8. Around 6 P.M. we fire up the BBQ and have a great ol' Christmas BBQ :)~
    9. Drinks all around, good food, good presents, good people
    10. Successful Christmas :)

Jacket; I had my leather biker jacket stolen from my car when I first met my girlfriend years ago and we (moreso I) have had a running joke that she had stolen it. This, now years later, is my Christmas gift, a new leather jacket :)

Pants/Tee/Shoes; I have not bought myself a new outfit in the longest of times and was constantly being hassled by others (mum/girlfriend) to do so. This years Christmas present to myself was a pair of nice pants, tee and some dress shoes.

Caricature; A caricature that my girlfriend and I had done while on our trip to Singapore which I thought she had lost, but instead had framed for me :)

Aromatic diffuser/Essential Oils; I have no idea how I lived my life without one of these, it's beyond amazing. You pretty much put in a half cup of water and some essential nice-smelling oils and watch it puff away filling the room with wild scents and all the while putting on a nice little show.

Tea; Who doesn't like tea? well if you don't you have not tried the tea from T2! It's amazing, with flavours such as Crème Brule and Assam (yup ASS-inthe-AM :D), gotta love it.

Scented Melts; These bad boys are in the same league as the essential oils and smell amazing. I was never into the whole scent scene but the effect these can have on calming one down after a hard day is tremendous. Ps. I'm not a salesman for melts or essential oils :P

Sweets; Ferrero Roche and Butter Fudge, need I say more? delicious.

Astronomy Magazine; I got a telescope for my birthday present and was very excited, not knowing anything about astonomizing I'm sure this magazine will set me on my path.

Novel; Brandon Sanderson - The Stormlight Archive - Words of Radiance. My favorite series, first edition hard cover <3

Little and big pouch; The little one being made from an almost leather while the big one from some kind of wool maybe, with the following from the girlfriend "here's something to put your fancy key caps in :)"

Sands of Time; This little beauty has a magnet on one end that attracts the magnetic sand.

Pyramid of Truth; This thing weighs a tonne and is made from two different types of rock with a wooden cap stone, just a lovely thing to marvel at for minutes/hours/days :)

Naturally what I cannot summarize by a picture is the fun we had and also the amount of food that was consumed. Here's hoping everyone has had a wonderful and joyous Christmas.

Ps. Girlfriend helped with the layout, hence the love heart in the timestamp  :-[
PPs. We have a rabbit.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 December 2015, 20:30:20 by Glenmael »

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:57:53 »
I was actualy very happy to get a toolbox this year. Finnaly can organize all my tools and have a central place for them.

Is it a sign you are an adult when you get excited about Home Depot and tools, like it was toys-r-us? o.o

Now I need to buy foam. So I can cut it to the shape of my tools. I may even add a couple slots for my artisan caps lol.

« Last Edit: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:03:17 by Bromono »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 18:58:11 »

Highlight is the squatty potty. Wish I would have gotten one sooner. 

Edit: forgot to include

Home Alone is one of my favorite christmas movies.  I think its because it reminds me of being a kid.  Wife picked me up some new beard oils that she read smell good.  Im always down to try new oil, so i'm happy with all the new stuff ive gotten this year.  The squatty potty and poo-pourrie are gifts from my daughter, she thought it would be funny to get dad poo gifts. Little does she know, I am excited for the squatty potty.  My son regifted me a fallout bobble head from his loot crate, and got me the power ranger sword.  It was my favorite show growing up, and I have a stand on my desk of all the mini helmets.  I'm pretty stoked on sword tbh, just need a shelf for all my nerdy stuff now.  My wife also got me a foot hammock for my desk, but it is currently attached.  All in all I had a pretty good christmas.  We try and make it great for the kids, and tend to let them choose all of their gifts.  Luckily my wife and I are nerdy, so we aren't upset when they get us toys for xmas/bdays.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:41:11 by ghostjuggernaut »

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:13:02 »
Novel; Brandon Sanderson - The Stormlight Archive - Words of Radiance. My favorite series, first edition hard cover <3

I LOVE THIS SERIES. I'm jelly. Really, all of Sanderson's stuff is incredible. Sanderson is who I read while I'm waiting for Pat Rothfuss to finish his books.

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:16:46 »

I LOVE THIS SERIES. I'm jelly. Really, all of Sanderson's stuff is incredible. Sanderson is who I read while I'm waiting for Pat Rothfuss to finish his books.

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.

:cool:

Not to derail this thread but I'm in the same boat! I want to know what the hell is behind that stone door...damn Pat.

I made a thread in off topic about novels; https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=76929.msg1931846#msg1931846

:)

Offline ghastone

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:18:51 »
Ordered the Carbon keycaps as an end of year present for myself and received them a few days ago and also I needed somewhere to put my second keyboard while I did work, so thats why I got myself the monitor stand :). I posted a few pictures just to show the effect of the monitor stand :) Hope you enjoy and keep up the good work bro!!!

« Last Edit: Sat, 26 December 2015, 20:30:06 by ghastone »

Offline dohbot

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:19:08 »
I got a new phone! Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Some of my friends were showing me cool stuff that they could do on their android phones and even though my Grandpa called me a traitor the a brand that I used to swear by,  I am really loving my phone. Unfortunately I don't have a camera on me so I just took a picture of the wireless charging pad. ]
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 December 2015, 02:12:17 by dohbot »
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:21:12 »
Show Image

Loving the minifig and are those beard oils or post shaves?

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:29:48 »

My wife surprised me with the best gift a Whovian could have received this Christmas. The Lego Ideas Tardis set. Building the console was the best ever. Made sure all the money went towards the kids and wife since I buy myself plenty during the year.

Got a pretty sweet new snowboarding jacket, but that doesn't show up on camera very well.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:35:39 »
Show Image

Loving the minifig and are those beard oils or post shaves?

The two dark bottles are beard oil.  The other bottle is "Poo-pourrie".

Offline clochette

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:36:04 »
a gift from my girlfriend  :thumb:

was deciding between a PS4 and this chair, decided i was more comfortable with this as a gift (pun intended)

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:36:49 »
Apart from keyboards and long walks on the beach, I love coffee, music, and travelling!! The above loot includes a coffee dripper (if you've not tried it, get one, they're amazing), some filters for the dripper, really cool outdoor research gloves for those cold days, and a mobile speaker which is really useful when you want to listen to your music and you're away... the sound is amazing!!!

So happy! :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 December 2015, 12:18:46 by 64rky »

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:37:18 »
I didn't really get to celebrate Christmas this year due to work but came back to some of this. Really cheered me up :)

Show Image

Wonderful jersey!

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:38:55 »

Show Image

Wonderful jersey!
Thanks bro!

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:44:41 »
Placeholder

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:46:25 »
cool star wars book from a friend today.  i love star wars, and i loved the new movie.  now i can ogle the new stormtroopers in private.

and scooby doo lego set from work SS.  comes with hamburger bombs, and you can unmask the headless horseman (if it weren't for you meddling kids!  grr!). :)

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #49 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 19:47:59 »
Soooo being in college I typically ask my family members just for money since that is pretty hard to come by. They don't really understand my love of keyboards and fountain pens either so I usual spend my Christmas money on that! It was good to come home for the holidays and spend time with the family since my college is a solid 11-hour drive away. I got about $350 in Christmas money before Christmas came so I could buy myself the presents :D Without further ado:

1. Rodia ruled note pads. It was a back of 5 at Massdrops November Bazar

2. Pilot Metropolitan. I bought this like 2 weeks ago to help me push through exams. Filled with Noodler's Ink Le colour royale

3. HHKB Pro 1. First Christmas present to myself. Traded a GID Ork trooper for the Grizzle. Topre is love topre is life. Always be one with the cup rubber.

4. 1upkeyboard grey HHKB sleeve to match the Grizzle :D

5. Iphone 6S 64GB with the mophie Product (Red) Juice Air Case. Switched from a Oneplus one to an Iphone as I was tired of having to go online to buy cases.

6. Most of the money is spent and the $20 is all thats left of the cash :(

Overall It's been a fantastic Christmas for me! I hope everyone here had an amazing holidays. Thank you Bro for doing the giveaway  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/