geekhack Marketplace > Vendor Feedback

Drop Feedback Thread

(1/2) > >>

MassdropAlex:
Leave any feedback here!

Mod Edit: Changed title to reflect vendor name.

iamtootallforthis:
So I ordered GMK Royal Alpha TA in the first drop and received my sets, but my ISO enter key arrived scratched.

I put in a support thread asking for a replacement on July 21, 2016 and was told I would get a replacement. I waited patiently and never received the key so I bumped my support request and was told I could no longer get a replacement.

HouseofSuffering:
I have participated in about 8 or 9 drops.

My 2 cents.

Firstly

I feel that Massdrop as of late is putting profit and quantity over quality. I completely understand that as a business your main focus is to maximize profits. That is perfectly fine. You should be doing that.

But, if this is the case you should also be making an extra effort to ensure that the quality of product does not diminish or suffer.

Recent examples that I can think of.....Pulse (shift keys).... Round 2 Topre Space bars quality....Whitefox delays.

It seems that you let some of the vendors get in over their heads as to what they can provide. It's probably pretty easy once they see the money involved. But, is only common sense that the quality will suffer if they are struggling to do the work.

Is there a fix for this?

Perhaps it means putting limits on your group-buys as to not overwhelm the vendors you deal with. So maybe their production and quality control have time to do a quality job.

Maybe it means having a floating delivery date depending on the amount of participants in the group buy, to alleviate the pressure on the vendor.

.....I don't know. But I think that is something you need to figure out and improve on.

There is no doubt that you have had some great group-buys in the past that have gone through without a hitch, but is seems the ones with a large number of participants struggle.

Lastly

I haven't seen anything as of late that interest me.

The hobby is booming. 2017 is looking to be a great year for the hobby.

And yet your offerings don't reflect that. A majority of what you offer is Signature Plastics flavor of the month, Budget mechs, switch testers and re-drops (best of massdrop).

There are plenty opportunities for interesting drops out there.

Please stop trying to sell me a switch tester over and over again.

iamtootallforthis:
So I put in for replacement keys for GMK Carbon and just got a partial refund and credit on my account because apparently they can't get replacement keys.

****ing bull****.

SpAmRaY:

--- Quote from: iamtootallforthis on Fri, 20 January 2017, 18:18:19 ---So I put in for replacement keys for GMK Carbon and just got a partial refund and credit on my account because apparently they can't get replacement keys.

****ing bull****.

--- End quote ---
Wow...I wasn't going to spend anymore money with massdrop anyway but if this is going to be their policy who in their right mind would buy keycaps with the possibility of having a couple missing caps and never being able to complete a set.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version