Author Topic: It's in the mail...  (Read 2279967 times)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
Re: It's in the mail...
« Reply #200 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 15:31:28 »
I'm actually actively debating returning my win8 tablet for that or a full iPad.

RT is ok, but screen is a little too cumbersome for my desires and I was stupid paying $600 for it.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #201 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 07:38:57 »
I must have a secret santa, because I got an order confirmation in my email from the apple store that my iPad mini will be shipped on Dec 17th. And I honestly have NO idea who ordered it. Seriously.

I got two mail (with 5 months inbetween) from "Apple" saying they would sent my Mac Book Pro and It will arrive soon, but I never ordered anything, I checked on my 3 Apple accounts and nothing, I went to a shop and a seller told me that it's a "virus"-like thing that was sending mails to person with an "order confirmation" ... why? he didn't know and I still don't have any clue.

The only thing I know is I never received any Mac Book Pro (and I never paid them ^^)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #202 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 13:08:49 »
As long as you DON'T click the "pay now" link in the email ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #203 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 14:48:32 »
It just never ends... picked up this funky MX blacks grocerystore thing for $13...

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #204 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 14:59:47 »
lolwat... nice find. Gimme them keycaps?
I love Elzy

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #205 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 15:07:50 »
I got 35lbs of a cherry Dyesubs coming in today -;)
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline webs0r

« Reply #206 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 15:08:54 »
Hi all, first post here.

Been using a membrane keyboard for a while. Actually i quite liked it, but I broke my left shift key after a soft drink spill and my attempted cleanup.
I got another one but the F1 key has died on this one.
Now they don't make this model anymore :( (The MS comfort curve 2000). I got a 3000 but hated the upward curve, so gave it to the GF.

So, it was time to think mechanical!

I have avoided them for a long time because I want a quiet keyboard with low travel. I do enjoy gaming now and then as well.

I didn't realise there was quite so much complexity behind them until I found GH!

So I have a Filco NINJA 87 (browns) on the way... also ordered a Logitech K120 and will pit them head to head against each other! The Logitech costs 30 times less than the Filco here in Australia. We'll see if the Filco wins out!
Also ordered some cherry o-rings to play with from WASD (getting the 50s and 40s to test). And a red key for escape. :)
Filco Ninja TKL Browns | Leopold FC700R Graphite Reds | Matias Quiet Pro | Topre Realforce 10th Anniversary Constant-55g | Vortex RACE Reds | CM Storm Quickfire Pro Blues | CODE keyboard Clears

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #207 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 15:09:11 »
I got 35lbs of a cherry Dyesubs coming in today -;)

Uhh, 35lbs???  Damn... so about how many caps would that be...?

And @ webs0r:

« Last Edit: Mon, 26 November 2012, 15:10:52 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #208 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 15:16:24 »
Average keycap 2-3g... 35lb is 15875g, it's a lot about 5292 keycap.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 15:17:34 »
Hi all, first post here.

Been using a membrane keyboard for a while. Actually i quite liked it, but I broke my left shift key after a soft drink spill and my attempted cleanup.
I got another one but the F1 key has died on this one.
Now they don't make this model anymore :( (The MS comfort curve 2000). I got a 3000 but hated the upward curve, so gave it to the GF.

So, it was time to think mechanical!

I have avoided them for a long time because I want a quiet keyboard with low travel. I do enjoy gaming now and then as well.

I didn't realise there was quite so much complexity behind them until I found GH!

So I have a Filco NINJA 87 (browns) on the way... also ordered a Logitech K120 and will pit them head to head against each other! The Logitech costs 30 times less than the Filco here in Australia. We'll see if the Filco wins out!
Also ordered some cherry o-rings to play with from WASD (getting the 50s and 40s to test). And a red key for escape. :)

Welcmoe to Geekhack!

Browns are ok, Filco is good (but expensive), O-rings will help reduce the travel distance (and also reduce noise a bit).

Or you could try a CM QuickFire Rapid - similar quality to Filco but somewhat cheaper (mine with MX blacks was $82 from CPL).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 15:17:51 »
Average keycap 2-3g... 35lb is 15875g, it's a lot about 5292 keycap.

I... but... WHY???
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #211 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 15:42:42 »
I must have a secret santa, because I got an order confirmation in my email from the apple store that my iPad mini will be shipped on Dec 17th. And I honestly have NO idea who ordered it. Seriously.

I got two mail (with 5 months inbetween) from "Apple" saying they would sent my Mac Book Pro and It will arrive soon, but I never ordered anything, I checked on my 3 Apple accounts and nothing, I went to a shop and a seller told me that it's a "virus"-like thing that was sending mails to person with an "order confirmation" ... why? he didn't know and I still don't have any clue.

The only thing I know is I never received any Mac Book Pro (and I never paid them ^^)

I double-checked by calling Apple. It's legit.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #212 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 16:06:52 »

I double-checked by calling Apple. It's legit.

ok in this case can you send me your secret santa :D I want one too ^^

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #213 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 16:08:38 »

ok in this case can you send me your secret santa :D I want one too ^^

I wish I knew who it was, honestly.... I didn't tell anyone else that I wanted one lol

Offline Malerik

« Reply #214 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 16:39:08 »
Ordered today. Early xmas present to myself.

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=199

More pics here

http://goo.gl/oJOHy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #215 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 17:14:03 »
That's nice :)  I like the Lego guy with the keycaps in the wheelbarrow lol

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #216 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 17:56:21 »
Delivery Status    Event Date
CP856713450HK    Hong Kong    Australia    The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 26-Nov-2012

-_-
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #217 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 18:03:11 »
Show Image

F*CK YEAH!

Got the same :D

ditto and have a tracking # now too  8)
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #218 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 18:31:54 »
Blue and Orange blue and orange! I love those skidata boards, hope they are in pretty good shape!

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #219 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 18:53:56 »
The case is ugly, but I love that orange on black keys.

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #220 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 18:56:24 »
Blue and Orange blue and orange! I love those skidata boards, hope they are in pretty good shape!

indeed. hopefully they aren't beat to hell and he showed pictures of a new one.
If these were ansi I think this would be the perfect set

I actually like the blue color. so i'll have to get an 1800 case painted blue now too at some point
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
It's in the mail...
« Reply #221 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 19:14:47 »
Blue and orange is like the alpha and omega of GH design.  Original theme (when the site originally ran phpbb) was very blue heavy...no orange to be found.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #222 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 19:15:51 »
I like orange:) Red would be cool, but too late now! :)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #223 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 19:21:53 »
just ordered parts for a new computer!!! STH IS GETTING A PC OMG. don't worry it'll be running debian or somesuch curmudgeonly distro.

-fractal core 1000 case
-thermaltake tr2 PSU
-8GB kingston hyperX memory
-intel core i3-2105
-biostar h61mgc board
-samsung 830 series 128GB ssd
grand total was like 375ish with shipping. not-bad-obama.jpg

i threw it all together on the cheap. i know the board and CPU aren't the greatest thing but they're cheap and will give me a platform to build from.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 November 2012, 19:23:56 by sth »
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #224 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 19:24:09 »

indeed. hopefully they aren't beat to hell and he showed pictures of a new one.
If these were ansi I think this would be the perfect set

I actually like the blue color. so i'll have to get an 1800 case painted blue now too at some point

Going to be interesting to check out a qwertz layout. And again, blue is hawt!

Offline guilleguillaume

« Reply #225 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 19:25:18 »
Also notice that the relegendables keys on the function row have side printed legends in orange.

Going to try for first time MX Clear :D

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 19:28:52 »
^ I heard someone say side printed, but for some reason I never though they were orange side printed! So cool.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #227 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 04:31:03 »
KPAD and MiMic cable from TechKeys

Offline Kabuks

« Reply #228 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 07:04:44 »
Got some keys from qtan's store on the way.

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #229 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 07:26:41 »
Poker with Browns
Korean Switch Stickers
Cherry MX Clears
Metallic Cherry Logo Stickers

...I like where this is going :D Already received the GPL-205. Just a matter of picking the keycaps now!

Yet to order to complete this baby:
Aluminium Case
MiMiC Cable

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #230 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 10:19:58 »
Metallic Cherry stickers. A weird start for me wanting to get more Pokers and cherry caps for them! Can't wait! :D
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #231 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 10:55:30 »
Ahem, the stickers are not yet in the mail, per se.

The bubble mailers are in the mail currently, to me, that is  :)) :))

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #232 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 11:15:11 »
Why must you tease us like that!?

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #233 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 11:17:05 »

Don't slash my excitement! :D
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 11:26:27 »

Don't slash my excitement! :D

Nah, not slashing your excitement  :cool: merely bringing you slightly closer to reality.

When I post em, I will post here that YOUR stickers are in the mail!  :)) :))

The lonely stickers are waiting to be wedded to the mailers and sent on their honeymoons AATW!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #235 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 20:18:33 »
Picked up this Goupil Golf 286 retro computer. May or may not be functional, will be interesting to play with either way. If it's broken and I can't fix it without any more investment at least I get a nice 1800 out of it.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #236 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:12:58 »
Cool score Lysol!

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #237 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:18:09 »
Mail update:
2 brobots
6 genuine cherry esc keys (one of which I spent a lot of money on)
b series f row in red/white and in blue/red
6 rag dipped keys
ccng tsangan (hopefully)
ra2.0 tsangan (hopefully)
meth keys

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #238 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:18:53 »
Indeed. It will be my first portable computer. If it works I plan on taking it to Starbucks and sitting with the Macbook folks for the lulz.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #239 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:21:12 »
You should ***** about the wifi being slow.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
It's in the mail...
« Reply #240 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:22:55 »
Indeed. It will be my first portable computer. If it works I plan on taking it to Starbucks and sitting with the Macbook folks for the lulz.

That's awesome. Show them what a real hipster is.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #241 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:26:07 »
Oh, also slap an Apple logo on it and talk loudly about how you're using the next new apple.  Say something like how they combined the disk drives of an iMac with the portability of a macbook air.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #242 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:29:51 »
LOL! Also, nice post count TJ. 1337.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #243 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:34:28 »
LOL! Also, nice post count TJ. 1337.

I ruined it by not paying attention!! /wrists.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #244 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:36:45 »
Oh, also slap an Apple logo on it and talk loudly about how you're using the next new apple.  Say something like how they combined the disk drives of an iMac with the portability of a macbook air.

Nice idea man! Show those Apple fans what a real man uses!  :p

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #245 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:36:58 »
Go delete your posts, then say something cool tj.

Why would I want to defile such a classy machine with an apple sticker? I will be rocking out Oregon Trail while they are updating their facebook status that they are enjoying their double tall non-fat soy toffee nut latte with nutmeg...
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:39:49 by lysol »

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #246 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:39:26 »
Or post it in the "Post your notable posts here" Thread.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #247 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 21:50:20 »

Better: slap an old-skool Apple logo on it and say you have an unreleased Apple portable prototype.  Then watch them foam at the mouth.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #248 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 01:43:51 »
double tall non-fat soy toffee nut latte with nutmeg

Aw, come one, you havent tried the triple-grande-decaf-ristretto-non-fat-3-raw-sugar-latte-with-caramel-drizzle.

Yeap, starbucks baristas hate me, and I hate starbucks too  :)) :))

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
It's in the mail...
« Reply #249 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 01:44:51 »
double tall non-fat soy toffee nut latte with nutmeg

Aw, come one, you havent tried the triple-grande-decaf-ristretto-non-fat-3-raw-sugar-latte-with-caramel-drizzle.

Yeap, starbucks baristas hate me, and I hate starbucks too  :)) :))

Grande bold. They love me, And I love them :)