Author Topic: [GB] Used OG Cherry Doubleshots (Re-Shipped 7/15)  (Read 16386 times)

Offline JubJubCity

Re: [GB] Used OG Cherry Doubleshots (Re-Shipped 7/15)
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 15:16:04 »
Got mine earlier this week, here it is on a 1800
Show Image

Those look amazing, did you have to retrobright?

Offline beerafffe1

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 15:30:33 »
Nope, using as they were delivered to me.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 15:56:22 »
Nice i hope mine look that good, crossing fingers

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 18:21:51 »
Ah mine came with what looks like finger nail scratches on the top. Mine came in pretty bad lol

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 20:01:57 »
I wonder if you can sand those scratches out

Offline DocNoc

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 22 July 2018, 08:49:27 »
If anyone got their kit and no longer wants it let me know!

Offline bigapplepietart

• Topre Convert
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 25 July 2018, 11:09:34 »
Mine arrived in pretty bad condition. By bad, I don’t just mean yellowed, I mean very scratched. I tried sanding my numpad to see if that would help, but it didn’t do much. I will try to retrobright once I pick up some peroxide cream.

Very disappointed for the price I paid for a WoB set...
Current:
Palmetto (Ultraglides) | Heavy Grail (Purple DES V1) | hiney tkl one PC (Orange SKCM Alps) | Lunar II (Green SKCL Alps) | Sho S60 V2 (45g stock domes) | HHKB Hybrid Type-S

Past:
Razer Blackwidow (MX Blues) | FC660M (MX Blues) | GH60 (Ergo Clears) | 8x mkI (Vintage Blacks) | Klippe (Sakurios) | Equinox (Sakurios) | MGA (Silent Alpacas) | Kei (Creamsicles) | KFE CE (Alpacas) | Rukia R1 (Durock L7) | H60 (Silent Blacks) | E80-1800 (MX Blacks) | Ottantaquattro (Vintage Blacks) | hbcp (Vintage Blacks) | HHKB Pro 2 Stock (45g Topre) | ADK64 (Blue SKCM Alps)

Offline bigapplepietart

• Topre Convert
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 25 July 2018, 11:15:42 »
Here are some pictures of the set I recieved.

I attempted to sand the numpad, still in process. I was expecting WoB, not WoG...
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 July 2018, 11:27:16 by bigapplepietart »
Current:
Palmetto (Ultraglides) | Heavy Grail (Purple DES V1) | hiney tkl one PC (Orange SKCM Alps) | Lunar II (Green SKCL Alps) | Sho S60 V2 (45g stock domes) | HHKB Hybrid Type-S

Past:
Razer Blackwidow (MX Blues) | FC660M (MX Blues) | GH60 (Ergo Clears) | 8x mkI (Vintage Blacks) | Klippe (Sakurios) | Equinox (Sakurios) | MGA (Silent Alpacas) | Kei (Creamsicles) | KFE CE (Alpacas) | Rukia R1 (Durock L7) | H60 (Silent Blacks) | E80-1800 (MX Blacks) | Ottantaquattro (Vintage Blacks) | hbcp (Vintage Blacks) | HHKB Pro 2 Stock (45g Topre) | ADK64 (Blue SKCM Alps)

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 25 July 2018, 11:50:06 »
Here are some pictures of the set I recieved.

I attempted to sand the numpad, still in process. I was expecting WoB, not WoG...
after you sand the Numpad  will you do anything to smooth out the sanding or will you just use as is afterwards? I was thinking about sanding but after one day of retrobrighting the short shift set it turned out pretty good.  Need to Retrobright the long shift for a couple of days and maybe use a stronger solution since those caps for really bad lol.

Offline bigapplepietart

• Topre Convert
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 25 July 2018, 13:20:06 »
I used the numpad as a test, I'l probably just retrobright the rest of the set. I never use numpads, hence why it was my test set. I don't like the feel after sanding. I might try to source some clear solution and try a method I had seen on Youtube. And by the looks of my keys on the bottom, they don't even seem cleaned...
Current:

Past:

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 25 July 2018, 13:47:04 »
I used the numpad as a test, I'l probably just retrobright the rest of the set. I never use numpads, hence why it was my test set. I don't like the feel after sanding. I might try to source some clear solution and try a method I had seen on Youtube. And by the looks of my keys on the bottom, they don't even seem cleaned...
Yep i had a couple that looked horrendous underneath.

Offline Sshimosawa

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 21:15:10 »

Freshly Retrobrited = Amazing.

Offline Jacob4341

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 22:02:54 »
Mine arrived in pretty bad condition. By bad, I don’t just mean yellowed, I mean very scratched. I tried sanding my numpad to see if that would help, but it didn’t do much. I will try to retrobright once I pick up some peroxide cream.

Very disappointed for the price I paid for a WoB set...

I'm very sorry about the issues with your set. If there is anything i can do to help please feel free to message me.

Offline bigapplepietart

• Topre Convert
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 27 July 2018, 22:07:22 »
I sent you an email.
Current:

Past:

Offline mik1

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 02:29:47 »
Are these newly made - are they doubleshot?

If so, please add NorDe to your White-on-Black variant, and also blank Windows keys, and I will order three sets immediately. Others will follow. Please see https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=97874 for the NorDe WoB conversation.

I just ordered the GMK Carbon NorDe for 486 USD. While the GMK Carbon is excellent, if your set would have been available I'd have ordered yours instead.