Author Topic: [IC] saevus Duality 65  (Read 14513 times)

Offline streamline

• saevus
[IC] saevus Duality 65
« on: Sun, 07 April 2024, 14:20:05 »
I think that is a decent time to get an official IC posted for the Duality 65. The Goth SE (pink and blue) is an official collaboration with Gothcaps. Enjoy!
/ Discord / Instagram

Information

Anticipated pricing ~$400
Tops: Alu
Bottoms: PC
Weights and Badges: Copper and SS
65% with top right blocker (so original)
Addressable RGB LEDs
Symmetrical blockers
WK and WKL
Seamless
O-ring gasket sandwich mount (F1)
Top mount
6.5 degree typing angle
Front Height: 19.2mm
Will come with Aluminum plate
Solder and hotswap PCBs
VIA and VIAL support
PCB Designed By: RMI (Sam Buddy)
MOQ: 50
Vendors TBD
Anticipated GB launch: June or July

Rev1 to Rev2 changes
  • Added mid-piece to assist with o-ring placement
  • Adjusted LEDs including blocker
  • Added db feet cover clearance
  • Finalizing internal and external art for non-Goth editions
  • Not a change but Goth edition prototype ordered

« Last Edit: Sun, 07 April 2024, 14:40:10 by streamline »

Offline Ickis1337

Re: [IC] saevus Duality 65
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 07 April 2024, 14:39:06 »
Lets fing go!
Do the purple one ;)

Offline NixieType

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 07 April 2024, 14:51:54 »
Oh this is so hot

I'm all in on Gothcaps

Offline redheadexpress

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 07 April 2024, 14:58:06 »
keyboard

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 07 April 2024, 15:13:31 »
yes

Offline monstermandude

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 07 April 2024, 15:22:20 »
I push my fingers into my eyes

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 07 April 2024, 15:58:51 »
the 5$ Fiver art looking very nice

Offline lampmk

• wk 60 > wkl
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 07 April 2024, 17:37:16 »
i hope you paid your artists this time

[/url]

Offline Keeaboo

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 07 April 2024, 18:39:22 »

Offline ZiltoidTheAltoid

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 07 April 2024, 19:34:36 »
Where'd you get the svgs for this?

Offline voati

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 07 April 2024, 20:02:27 »
Damn nice rips, go figure you collab with Gothcaps, the biggest snake in the edgy artisan community. Actual trash lord who stole from his mods, banned all his collectors, and had his server wiped 3 times to hide all the evidence.

Offline streamline

• saevus
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 05:21:51 »
I have always paid all my artists. I understand reading is a bit tricky at times for some. So I would like to call out that it says finalizing art. This is because I am working with two artists simultaneously on custom art to fill the space. Thank you for the interest lil dudes! :thumb:

Offline Keeaboo

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 09:18:38 »
Hopefully this is allowed, but I feel like it would be irresponsible for me not to include all the reason I personally wouldn't support this designer and why I would recommend other don't either.

1. Stolen Art from Helheim Designs

Most of the information about this can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/1aydj36/comment/krwwl8m/?context=3 but the general context is that Angel from Helheim Designs came out with receipts that Streamline had promised not to sell a one off piece with Angel's art on it but ended up doing so. All the DMs between them and between Angel and the person who received the one off board are included in an imgur album on the post. The post also includes examples of Etsy SVGs that were used for the Duality and different protos / commissions after people had reasonably assumed all the art was commissioned in some way and not standard clip art. There is also a channel encouraging AI Art on the server. It seems fair to say it feels like to me that he does not respect artists and has never publicly responded with any supporting information on his end besides a missing context Discord announcement for his own supporters.

2. Mechs and Co Mike

Despite considering himself a savior of the community for calling out Mechs and Co at the beginning of their downfall (paraphrased as the exact quote is more "after all i've done for the community), he both encouraged and allowed the doxxing of Mechs and Co Mike's job and other information. The screenshot of his info is still on the Saevus Lab's discord I believe. His discord in general seems to be a cesspool that encourages inappropriate political discussions and users posting negative things about other members of the community. There is currently still a post at time of post calling Elaine a b****.

3. Zouabi (Fares)

During the issues with Helheim, artisan maker Fares entered the Saevus Labs discord to discuss the situation. The end result was members of the Discord threatening and going through with reporting his artisan designs to the copyright department of Studio Ghibli and other places in hopes of getting the artisan maker in trouble for copyright infringement / fair use.

4. QC / Protos and Commissions

Saevus currently has many many projects in the works (6+) and the last thing delivered came with the wrong hardware. In response, he had stated that DDS packed the wrong screws. I feel like making sure your board has the right hardware to complete the build is a simple part of qc that just wasn't done. In addition, I know that atleast one of the pcbs included with a ~$2,000 commission sale came with one of those $5 PCBWay test pcbs.

5. Clackbait

Streamline brigaded youtuber Clackbait's discord to rage at both him and another designer over the fact that Clackbait dared to do a build stream for a keyboard that Streamline believed looked too similar to his own design.

6. Giveaway

A member of the community won a giveaway board that Streamline was going to provide for XinXinWong's stream and did not receive it for months after frequent inquiry. They were presented with an option of receiving a completely different keyboard after 1 year of requests and accepted. The board they received from Streamline was dented with no pcb and missing screws.

7. General Attitude

Streamline's general attitude towards disagreement and the community has been generally offputting. There are logs of him talking about people hating on him because he is wealthy and that without him people would be going back to consuming boards with ****ty unoriginal designs.  There is a reason that bigger content creators in the community have taken down their Saevus Labs content on Twitch / Youtube.

I'm posting only to hopefully provide some information so people can make informed decisions for themselves. I'm certainly not unbiased in this matter but hopefully I've adequately listed the reasons of how my opinion was led here.

Offline Michi4793

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 09:46:41 »
as much as his designs are cool, I don't feel like supporting his projects

Offline Avoh

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 10:47:36 »
65% with a top right blocker and a copper weight... seems kinda unimaginative to me.

Offline TypicalOranges

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 11:06:10 »
Ew

Offline pelfox

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 11:07:26 »
Hopefully this is allowed, but I feel like it would be irresponsible for me not to include all the reason I personally wouldn't support this designer and why I would recommend other don't either.

do you really think anyone actually gives a damn or will read all of that? the mech keys world orbits around making/buying keyboards and using them, nobody gives a damn about all of these dramatic twists and turns, loser discord sagas that people like you seem to enjoy and come here to post every once in a while. anyone invested in these arguments is either an idiot, has too much time on their hands, or both

OP, the board looks cool and I'm in for 3 if you use a reputable, actual COMPANY to sell it, if you don't deliver in 120 days I will charge back on the spot. if you use CanonGarage or some other stupid LLC I'm also out, don't listen to the idiots like this neckbeard I just replied too
en boca cerrada no entran moscas

Offline DMTZILLAKAMI

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 11:34:17 »
 :eek:

Offline pears

• Sneezing is painful
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 11:35:22 »
The least you could have done was use a better layout than 65% for this
Getting punched in the face was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Offline whohackedme

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 12:18:17 »

do you really think anyone actually gives a damn or will read all of that? the mech keys world orbits around making/buying keyboards and using them, nobody gives a damn about all of these dramatic twists and turns, loser discord sagas that people like you seem to enjoy and come here to post every once in a while. anyone invested in these arguments is either an idiot, has too much time on their hands, or both

Do you really think you speak for the community? I read it, and also had to read your silly comment as well, lol. Those are great points made by Keeaboo and I would never support a "designer" (stolen art most likely) that behaves this way. I also found it funny you call people an idiot because they have too much time but yet here you are, lol.

On topic - aside from the sketchy behavior and terrible attitude of this designer, another typical 65% + corner blocker layout again? :/  A bit stale now.

Also be warned consumers - if you have legitimate questions/concerns you might get attacked and then blocked from his Discord.

Offline phoenixrage

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 12:52:25 »
just when you think the community can't stoop any lower.. sad that people feel the need to cancel others and can't believe that someone can grow and change.  SHAME.

I missed out on the TKL, but the 65 is looking real good.  Can't wait to see it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 April 2024, 12:55:35 by phoenixrage »

Offline lampmk

• wk 60 > wkl
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 13:16:11 »
just when you think the community can't stoop any lower.. sad that people feel the need to cancel others and can't believe that someone can grow and change.  SHAME.

I missed out on the TKL, but the 65 is looking real good.  Can't wait to see it.

zip his pants up when you're done bro

[/url]

Offline NixieType

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 13:17:54 »
Here for the tea, but I find it funny how this community only hates on people for not supporting artists, while simultaneously ripping IP.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 13:18:52 »
just when you think the community can't stoop any lower.. sad that people feel the need to cancel others and can't believe that someone can grow and change. 

This whole community has been run off trust from the very beginning. In some cases, we're sending thousands of dollars to unknown parties and waiting months if not years for some item to magically land on our doorstep. Not to mention, for a big part of the community, the designer is part and parcel with the product.

Mud slinging and name calling is pretty cringe, but presenting receipts and allowing others to make their own decisions is the closest we'll get to regulation.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Sepharis

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 13:40:51 »
I'm gonna start with,unless it's actually relevant to fulfilling GBs (for example historical scamming etc), dragging your grievances in a massive wall of text is discourteous and I'd prefer you didn't do this on any thread, it entirely detracts from the intended point of an interest check.

Most of the information about this can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/1aydj36/comment/krwwl8m/?context=3 but the general context is that Angel from Helheim Designs came out with receipts that Streamline had promised not to sell a one off piece with Angel's art on it but ended up doing so. All the DMs between them and between Angel and the person who received the one off board are included in an imgur album on the post. The post also includes examples of Etsy SVGs that were used for the Duality and different protos / commissions after people had reasonably assumed all the art was commissioned in some way and not standard clip art. There is also a channel encouraging AI Art on the server. It seems fair to say it feels like to me that he does not respect artists and has never publicly responded with any supporting information on his end besides a missing context Discord announcement for his own supporters.

Even ignoring the fact that the misunderstanding with Helheim was resolved via payment privately, I find the idea that anybody presumes to know where board art comes from to be preposterous.

2. Mechs and Co Mike

Despite considering himself a savior of the community for calling out Mechs and Co at the beginning of their downfall (paraphrased as the exact quote is more "after all i've done for the community), he both encouraged and allowed the doxxing of Mechs and Co Mike's job and other information. The screenshot of his info is still on the Saevus Lab's discord I believe. His discord in general seems to be a cesspool that encourages inappropriate political discussions and users posting negative things about other members of the community. There is currently still a post at time of post calling Elaine a b****.

First of all, in no way did Streamline ever encourage doxxing, all he did was point to publicly available information conerning a scam artist, that doesn't constitute doxxing and calling it so is a ludicrous accusation.

Secondly describing political discussion on a discord server as "inappropriate" is absurd, it's his discord server, you do not enter somebody elses house and dictate what they can or cannot discuss, if you are not interested in such discussion you are entitled to leave said server, entering the discord is not a requirement to purchase any of his products, nor even to contact him, you are simply begruding a man for his interests, which is distasteful.

Thirdly whether somebody who is not streamline or a part of the saevus brand wishes to besmirch a designer is not a reflection on streamline, simply because it is on that discord, Streamline explicitly lets people express their opinions there.

3. Zouabi (Fares)

During the issues with Helheim, artisan maker Fares entered the Saevus Labs discord to discuss the situation. The end result was members of the Discord threatening and going through with reporting his artisan designs to the copyright department of Studio Ghibli and other places in hopes of getting the artisan maker in trouble for copyright infringement / fair use.

This was merely a case of throwing stones in glass houses, it is the height of hypocrisy to accuse a man of misuse of intellectual property when such a person has an entire business based on doing so, Nintendo are extremely explicit with their own copyright policy and anybody is free to read it

7. General Attitude

Streamline's general attitude towards disagreement and the community has been generally offputting. There are logs of him talking about people hating on him because he is wealthy and that without him people would be going back to consuming boards with ****ty unoriginal designs.  There is a reason that bigger content creators in the community have taken down their Saevus Labs content on Twitch / Youtube.

I'm posting only to hopefully provide some information so people can make informed decisions for themselves. I'm certainly not unbiased in this matter but hopefully I've adequately listed the reasons of how my opinion was led here.

This is simply cherry picking, anybody that has been in Streamline's discord knows that not only is he extremely responsive to questions, requests for files etc but also that he been exceedingly transparent about the costs and profits involved in every part of the duality TKL GB. When he was beleaguered by nescient users from helheim's community who cane only to deride him, he became somewhat agitated and after hours of this retorted sarcastically. What you're doing is referencing those as if to sum up the man's entire character in a frighteningly dishonest way, it's appaling.

Offline GMKClassicRed

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 13:45:21 »
Will not support this project.

Offline voati

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 13:50:45 »
I have always paid all my artists. I understand reading is a bit tricky at times for some. So I would like to call out that it says finalizing art. This is because I am working with two artists simultaneously on custom art to fill the space. Thank you for the interest lil dudes! :thumb:

Saevus the spiel my man, the receipts exist along with other things and your general bad attitude in the community is just obnoxious. I genuinely regret ever giving you my support prior. The video takedowns from content creators honestly says enough. The longer you go down this path the more you'll get dragged in the replies from people in this hobby. Trust factor is one of the strongest aspects of this hobby. Stop burning yours up. Edit: I'd rather see you go for the redemption arc, take that path
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 April 2024, 13:53:35 by voati »

Offline Keeaboo

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 13:54:39 »
I'm gonna start with,unless it's actually relevant to fulfilling GBs (for example historical scamming etc), dragging your grievances in a massive wall of text is discourteous and I'd prefer you didn't do this on any thread, it entirely detracts from the intended point of an interest check.

Even ignoring the fact that the misunderstanding with Helheim was resolved via payment privately, I find the idea that anybody presumes to know where board art comes from to be preposterous.

2. Mechs and Co Mike

First of all, in no way did Streamline ever encourage doxxing, all he did was point to publicly available information conerning a scam artist, that doesn't constitute doxxing and calling it so is a ludicrous accusation.

Secondly describing political discussion on a discord server as "inappropriate" is absurd, it's his discord server, you do not enter somebody elses house and dictate what they can or cannot discuss, if you are not interested in such discussion you are entitled to leave said server, entering the discord is not a requirement to purchase any of his products, nor even to contact him, you are simply begruding a man for his interests, which is distasteful.

Thirdly whether somebody who is not streamline or a part of the saevus brand wishes to besmirch a designer is not a reflection on streamline, simply because it is on that discord, Streamline explicitly lets people express their opinions there.

3. Zouabi (Fares)

This was merely a case of throwing stones in glass houses, it is the height of hypocrisy to accuse a man of misuse of intellectual property when such a person has an entire business based on doing so, Nintendo are extremely explicit with their own copyright policy and anybody is free to read it

7. General Attitude

This is simply cherry picking, anybody that has been in Streamline's discord knows that not only is he extremely responsive to questions, requests for files etc but also that he been exceedingly transparent about the costs and profits involved in every part of the duality TKL GB. When he was beleaguered by nescient users from helheim's community who cane only to deride him, he became somewhat agitated and after hours of this retorted sarcastically. What you're doing is referencing those as if to sum up the man's entire character in a frighteningly dishonest way, it's appaling.

The actions of the designer are very relevant to the interest of people possibly spending money to support them. The payment was not resolved privately, you're lying. Streamline refunded Angel's GB purchase and that was it. The board art was all found being sold for use on Etsy for $3 so we know where it comes from. Allowing people to say hateful things on your server openly and fostering that community is you endorsing it. Designing something based off the IP of a large corpo is not in anyway the same as stealing from a small artist. Getting defensive for getting called out for your actions is not the win you think it is. You skipped a couple of my points as well because I'm sure it's getting harder and harder to defend. Anything else?

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 14:56:23 »

sure because people can change this dramatically in such a short time. You really think a guy that doesnt give a damn about artists would suddenly start respecting their work? Just by looking at it you can clearly see, at least I can see, that this guy doesnt respect artists work, breaks promises, lies, things highly of his work while calling others work unimaginative but is using some 5$ of the shelv etsy art. Man would need to do a 180 just to change and respect artists, but hey you have some dreams and its not wrong to voice them.

Offline Sepharis

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 15:31:46 »
The payment was not resolved privately, you're lying. Streamline refunded Angel's GB purchase and that was it.

As far as I'm aware it was angel who blocked streamline after the refund, so unless you have evidence to suggest that Angel demanded further monetary reimbursement and was refused I have no reason to accept this line.

Allowing people to say hateful things on your server openly and fostering that community is you endorsing it

Not at all, geekhack would allow me to make denigrating statements about people here, is corsair endorsing such behaviour?
It's blatantly obvious that allowing a high degree of free speech isn't the same as endorsing every comment made.

Getting defensive for getting called out for your actions is not the win you think it is.

Describing anything in a conversation as a "win" is childish, but if I must entertain this then the rebuttal is as such:

I wasn't glorifying his outburst, but given the man had came home after a work day to hours of abuse from strangers on a topic they had little knowledge of, his emotional outburst, while not nessesarily in good taste, was understandable from a human perspective and that once again attempting to define his character based on such an outburst as if it were the average way he is on a day-to-day basis is simply intentionally misleading.

You skipped a couple of my points as well because I'm sure it's getting harder and harder to defend.

I skipped the other remarks because they mostly felt unessesary to address, but since you so earnestly requested it, here you are my good sir

Saevus currently has many many projects in the works (6+) and the last thing delivered came with the wrong hardware. In response, he had stated that DDS packed the wrong screws. I feel like making sure your board has the right hardware to complete the build is a simple part of qc that just wasn't done. In addition, I know that atleast one of the pcbs included with a ~$2,000 commission sale came with one of those $5 PCBWay test pcbs.

Making a mistake in QC on an early product is unfortunate, and also relevant here, but ultimately it is no way indiciative of moral failing. Likewise if somebody received a PCB that was not the one stated in the sale, requested a correction and did not receive it, I would welcome what proof of this you have, hell I'll even bring it to Streamline myself and demand that the situation be rectified, but as far as I can tell this is merely an unsubstantiated anecdote

5. Clackbait

Streamline brigaded youtuber Clackbait's discord to rage at both him and another designer over the fact that Clackbait dared to do a build stream for a keyboard that Streamline believed looked too similar to his own design.

I've been in Streamline's discord from since before this arose and while I saw this being discussed (people arguing whether it was a clone, an homage, or simply a similar design etc) I saw no demands from Streamline or anybody else to brigade Clackbait. If you could produce any evidence of this, I would happily concede the point or discuss the matter further but again you're just making baseless accusations at this point.

6. Giveaway

A member of the community won a giveaway board that Streamline was going to provide for XinXinWong's stream and did not receive it for months after frequent inquiry. They were presented with an option of receiving a completely different keyboard after 1 year of requests and accepted. The board they received from Streamline was dented with no pcb and missing screws.

I've heard this story before, and have no reason to suspect it isn't true, but given it was a freebie and not a purchased product, I don't find it particuarly concerning in the context of a groupbuy. If you think this shows badly enough on Streamline's part to warrant not purchasing a high quality board from him, go ahead be my guest.

Offline Keeaboo

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 15:40:23 »
The payment was not resolved privately, you're lying. Streamline refunded Angel's GB purchase and that was it.

As far as I'm aware it was angel who blocked streamline after the refund, so unless you have evidence to suggest that Angel demanded further monetary reimbursement and was refused I have no reason to accept this line.

Angel requested actual payment and Streamline refused. You think getting a refund for a board you're no longer interested in due to the designer stealing your artwork is equal to fair compensation for your work?  :-[

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 15:56:19 »

OP, the board looks cool and I'm in for 3 if you use a reputable, actual COMPANY to sell it, if you don't deliver in 120 days I will charge back on the spot. if you use CanonGarage or some other stupid LLC I'm also out, don't listen to the idiots like this neckbeard I just replied too

do you have a mental deficiency?

Offline Sepharis

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 16:14:56 »

Angel requested actual payment and Streamline refused. You think getting a refund for a board you're no longer interested in due to the designer stealing your artwork is equal to fair compensation for your work?  :-[

Except you know that that isn't what happened, Streamline accidentally sent out the wrong weight therefore unintentionally using artwork in a way he hadn't paid to do. Angel requested compensation, Streamline obliged this request, and then Angel refused demanding instead a king's ransom. Angel blocked Streamline, Streamline tried to re-open more channels of communication, Angel again refused.

Streamline made an error, owned up to it, proved that it was an accident by demonstrating he did in fact have weights with a different art design already made, and offered monetary reperation for this transgression. The fact you think any of this is tantamount to theft boggles the mind.

More to the point, this was a private dispute between two individuals around art for a completely different product, it's simply irrelevent to this *interest check* about the duality 65, even if you felt the need to bring up contentions around the moral character of streamline you could have some so in a seperate thread with screenshot evidence and linked it here so it could be addressed properly and seperately, instead of dragging this thread into the mud most improperly. The conversation here should be about the product.

Offline Laur

• Formerly dudeship
  • gmk retro runic
    • wip
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 16:25:11 »
battle of the anime dweebs. board looks mid, gl w/gb.

Streamline accidentally sent out the wrong weight
it says gullible on the ceiling btw.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 April 2024, 16:31:53 by Laur »

Offline RzrRaptor

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 16:56:23 »
I agree on this community being built on trust, For me I have found nothing but good people in my interactions and it is one of the main reasons I am still in this hobby. That's why it just sucks seeing stories like this : ( I like the board design, but on the fence of supporting atm

Offline giga_cheese

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 18:08:35 »

People had to basically beg him to get the ISO plate file for months before and after the GB ended (Basically took a year after it being asked the first time)
https://imgur.com/a/96mcPS3
I wouldn't really call that super responsive when it comes to requests for files.
As for the questions, he gives vague answers to only certain questions and if he doesn't like your question you probably already know what happens : )

I don't think its appalling to judge him based on these things since they seem to have happened a lot more than once.

Offline tuesdaygloom

• wait.
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 20:16:44 »
Slob on my nob, like corn on tha cob
Check in with me, and do your job
Lay on the bed and give me head
Don't have to ask, don't have to beg

Offline mul7i

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 20:32:57 »
not interested thanks  :thumb:

Offline HelheimDesigns

• Helheim Designs
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 21:42:41 »

Except you know that that isn't what happened, Streamline accidentally sent out the wrong weight therefore unintentionally using artwork in a way he hadn't paid to do. Angel requested compensation, Streamline obliged this request, and then Angel refused demanding instead a king's ransom. Angel blocked Streamline, Streamline tried to re-open more channels of communication, Angel again refused.

Streamline made an error, owned up to it, proved that it was an accident by demonstrating he did in fact have weights with a different art design already made, and offered monetary reperation for this transgression. The fact you think any of this is tantamount to theft boggles the mind.

More to the point, this was a private dispute between two individuals around art for a completely different product, it's simply irrelevent to this *interest check* about the duality 65, even if you felt the need to bring up contentions around the moral character of streamline you could have some so in a seperate thread with screenshot evidence and linked it here so it could be addressed properly and seperately, instead of dragging this thread into the mud most improperly. The conversation here should be about the product.

Hey whats up, Angel here. gonna go over a few things ive seen you and others say.

I see you saying everywhere that I blocked Streamline, when in actuality the only person who was blocked was me. can you guess who did it? it was from streamline, on instagram. Yes, I unfollowed him when all of this happened, because why would i want to follow that kind of person? every single one of my DMs are open, I dont block people. if he wanted to make this right he would have when all of this originally happened.

He claimed he sent out the wrong weight by mistake, but if you were to read the imgur album you would see the weight with my artwork was posted for sale, and he even apologizes about listing it, saying that he did not actually sell it even though it was listed. this is my reasoning for saying it was not an accident. "Oh but Angel, he got multiple weights engraved with the same concept on each one, yours was just one of them so it was a mistake" and yet he has never shown any proof of these other weights with the same exact concept that he described for sale? When all of this first came out, he said give him a week and he would post the other weights with the same concept of see hear speak on the inside and the rosary on the outside with timestamps that he had them when he was selling them in October. well here we are a month and a half later with no images, videos, anything.

Yes, he did offer compensation first, if you look at the timestamps, you will see he offered me his "cost to manufacture" within 10 minutes of me putting all the pieces together that he sold the board with my artwork on it that he had originally claimed was still in his house. his cost to manufacture the weight with my artwork is not equal to the price of my artwork, simple and plain, not too sure whats difficult to understand about that.

The number one thing everyone loves to bring up is that Im extorting him because "I know he has a high paying job so im trying to get way more money from him than i should." To be entirely honest with you, I have no clue nor do I care what he does for a living, as it doesnt matter to me. what matters is that the board was sold for $2000, regardless of his "manufacturing costs" that is the price tag that he put on the board. Like I said in the message to him, I would have been fine with being paid $567 if he didnt sell it, lie, double down on the lie, and then finally offer the price of his manufacturing.

I also see a lot of people say Im sending people over here and his discord and reddit to try and make him look bad. again, I dont care how he looks, i dont care about his life, it is not something I think about on a day to day basis. I do not send anyone anywhere to do anything. All I did was show receipts without cutting anything out to the community so people could be cautious.

"unless you have evidence to suggest that Angel demanded further monetary reimbursement and was refused" guess what? its in the imgur album. where I say that my artwork is worth $1200, and he says hes not going to be extorted extra money for a prototype board he didnt profit on. That is him refusing how much my artwork is worth.

a lot of people say $1200 is too high of a price for a commissioned piece of artwork. if its too high then dont sell it. do what you had originally told me it would be used for and keep it as a permanent personal board. he received the weight, took pictures, and listed it for sale all within a week of each other. doesnt really sound like someone had intention of making it a "permanent personal board" but what do I know? if we had talked about it beforehand, we couldve definitely agreed on something lower than $1200. But we didnt, it was already sold long before I even realized he sold it. so since there was no conversation about how much he would compensate me for when he originally sold it, I gave my price that my artwork is worth.

another thing people like to bring up is how open I was to sending him the file, saying i sent it to him without saying i would like any compensation. again, timestamps are important, because if you look at this entire conversation, you would see that the file being sent up to him asking if he could put the artwork on a duality (as he said "just for his prototype, not to sell obviously") all took place within one minute. from 8:13AM to 8:14AM. No I dont mind if my artwork is used when it is not sold and only used for personal one off boards, but sold is not equal to mass produced, and my artwork was sold, regardless of how many units.

Streamline trying to "reopen" more channels of communication was a single attempt, and it was him trying to talk to me in front of his whole audience in his server after he had already banned me from his server because, in his words, "Yeah I’m kicking you from my server, look at you." im not going to go up on stage in front of all of his friends, because like i said, i never blocked him. he could have messaged me any day since then but has not done so.

one last thing people say is "how could you defame a friend like that?" we were acquaintances. we had only ever talked maybe two or three times before all of this happened. and it was me respecting his board and buying one to support a small creator. i did not defame anyone. once all of this happened, i posted all of the dm's, without skipping anything, and let everyone form their own opinion on the matter. isnt that what you all stand for in the Saevus discord? everyone is allowed to form their own opinion on a topic? or can they only form their opinion as long as its not against saevus?

if you have any other questions i would be more than happy to answer them, but those are the main points i see people defending him bring up.

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 21:58:33 »
don't care for the drama, but that top blocker is meh

Offline lampmk

• wk 60 > wkl
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 22:13:10 »

holy **** bro does streamline have you on payroll? you are doing absolute tricks on his **** right now. it's very plain and obvious that he has not owned up to it.

[/url]

Offline streamline

• saevus
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 22:49:39 »
I actually did show the other weights when I got back. My apologies for having an international job. I am actually showing more of them this week if I can get a chance to edit some photos before my next trip on Sunday, but my camera is with a friend shooting a wedding until Friday.

You told me not to speak to you because you were going public. After you made a public mess, I offered to speak with you with everyone on mute to come to a public resolution. You did not want to. You can think that I had a vendetta against you instead of making a simple mistake, while simultaneously paying everyone else for anything they have done for me. Quite nonsensical, but you do whatever makes your little heart feel better.

Hope you find peace because this defamatory stress and anxiety can't be good for your health. Take care young fella.

Offline HelheimDesigns

• Helheim Designs
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 23:24:33 »
I actually did show the other weights when I got back. My apologies for having an international job. I am actually showing more of them this week if I can get a chance to edit some photos before my next trip on Sunday, but my camera is with a friend shooting a wedding until Friday.

You told me not to speak to you because you were going public. After you made a public mess, I offered to speak with you with everyone on mute to come to a public resolution. You did not want to. You can think that I had a vendetta against you instead of making a simple mistake, while simultaneously paying everyone else for anything they have done for me. Quite nonsensical, but you do whatever makes your little heart feel better.

Hope you find peace because this defamatory stress and anxiety can't be good for your health. Take care young fella.

Theres no need to be condescending as if youre high roading me here. again, you banned me in your server, so i cant see for myself if you ever posted the weights, I just have to rely on other people telling me what you post in there, and nobody ever saw a single image or video with timestamps of you having the weights in early October. I told you, and this is a direct quote:

"Theres no need to continue messaging. You’re refusing my fee for using my stolen artwork and thats the bottom line. You don’t need to explain yourself anymore than you’ve tried to." to which you said "And no worries, I’ll tell my community."

i did not say stop messaging me because im going public, i said theres no need to continue since you are refusing, and you made an announcement at the same time. you talk so big about paying all artists you ever commission more than they ask, and you even said paying me my asking price is easy for you, but you dont feel like it because you think im trying to extort you. Like I said in the last post, i dont think about you or anything you do, as its not worth my time, so no, youre not adding any extra stress or anxiety onto my plate. whats even funnier is this whole ordeal of you not wanting to pay has actually had people within the community commission me for some work at my normal rate, and not a single one of them have said "thats way too high how about I just give you how much it cost me to manufacture it?"

oh one more thing that i saw a lot was you saying that people defending me are threatening you, but ive only ever seen screenshots of you asking what meetups im going to and your camp saying we should fight, so thats another interesting one that doesnt quite add up, but then again not much you say ever really adds up.

"no i didnt sell the weight with your artwork"
"yours is actually the only one i kept, i listed it by mistake"
"oh I did actually sell your weight by mistake"
and then later on "i have multiple weights with the same artwork that i was talking about in the listing, not the one that HH designed"

if you had multiple weights with the same artwork, and one of the other ones were what you were talking about in the original listing, why did you say you listed it by mistake? Better yet, since I know you have to have contact with DDS somehow to get these weights manufactures (whether its wechat, qq, whatsapp, email, etc), why didnt you just post receipts of you ordering all of them at the same time back in September, when you ordered the one with my artwork? I know that factories give you pictures of them before theyre cleaned up and everything, that was the one that you sent me originally, for some reason they didnt send you pictures of the other artwork in the factory still? You did post the four weights when my design was in it, but none of those were the same concept as my artwork. do you see how many holes your story has every time you say something new? ive already come to terms that you were never planning on paying me, im just glad others realize that this is not okay behavior. as far as the five loyal people in your server that will die by your word, well, theres no changing their mind.

anyways, GLWIC and GLWGB, i would hate to see a third failed group buy from you.

Offline wigol2506

• Instagram
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 23:39:58 »
Using age as an attempt to deride someone? The irony is really lost on you.

There are more than enough red flags to steer clear of this designer and his groupbuys.

Thanks for the psa HelheimDesigns
https://www.flickr.com/photos/wigol2506/

Singa Ocelot R1 Prototype | Singa x TGR Unikorn R1 Prototype | Singa x TGR Unikorn R2.1 PC & FG | Singa Kyohaku | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Police | TGR 910 OG (01/23) |TGR 910RE PC | LZ Phase | LZ XE | LZ erGhost | LZ erGhost CL | LZ REs | LZ Trik X_T | LZ SQ | LZ GHv1 | LZ GHv2 |LZ Prism | Palmetto60 | HBCP | Ibis | No2Rev2 TKL Black Unfinished | 1/60 Rev. 1 | Keynergy Serratus Chrome | DNworks SBL (DN)

Offline Mozely

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 02:43:02 »
Absolutely loving the look on this. Death head and copper on a poly carb back. I'm in love. Do we have any chance of getting a UK Vendor this time around for the 65?

Offline DitheringFool

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 02:49:11 »
you do whatever makes your little heart feel better.

It's sad that you fail to recognize how your language just revealed a lot about your character.

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 04:23:11 »
dumbest drama the mk community has ever seen.
loving the 3-post throwaway account meetup tho. imagine brigading on GH lmfao

Offline whohackedme

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 08:30:39 »

This single line is enough to say, nope. Obnoxious.

Offline KebinPls

• OK
    • Insta
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 08:30:56 »

You're actually dense, dude was giving people a backstory on the vendor NOT DELIVERING PRODUCTS, HAVING PRODUCTS IN QUEUE, AND STARTING ANOTHER ONE. All while being a ****ty person.

It's important information for potential buyers that may not be well versed on the vendor/designer in person, don't be a ****head keyboard warrior.

Offline KebinPls

• OK
    • Insta
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 08:31:34 »

you're next, im coming over

Offline malignant narcissism

• sus
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 09:06:56 »
I think the initial piece of drama is the least concerning. It very well could have been a mistake, and jumping to conclusions hasn’t made the situation better. Personally, if I gave someone a piece of my IP for a personal thing I wouldn’t be too concerned if it was sold off. It’s their personal property at that point and it’s not like it was mass produced. It’s just a very silly thing to be so upset about— especially in a hobby like this. How many designers have used trademarked material for their keycap sets? How many ****ing Eva boards are out there with stolen artwork stamped all over it?

Some of the other stories are more concerning and people are justified in being suspicious. SL does come off as a bit juvenile and seems to be making the situation worse for themselves— but we all kind of do that sometimes. I am not saying that to defend you. You’ve got a lot of work to do to repair your reputation, SL.

As for the board, I don’t like the design as much as the TKL and will probably pass. I’m honestly not into the art style chosen for the weights, and if you’d have omitted those in the first place then none of us would be having this discussion.
oh hi mark

Offline Keeaboo

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 09:59:08 »
I think the initial piece of drama is the least concerning. It very well could have been a mistake, and jumping to conclusions hasn’t made the situation better. Personally, if I gave someone a piece of my IP for a personal thing I wouldn’t be too concerned if it was sold off. It’s their personal property at that point and it’s not like it was mass produced. It’s just a very silly thing to be so upset about— especially in a hobby like this. How many designers have used trademarked material for their keycap sets? How many ****ing Eva boards are out there with stolen artwork stamped all over it?

Some of the other stories are more concerning and people are justified in being suspicious. SL does come off as a bit juvenile and seems to be making the situation worse for themselves— but we all kind of do that sometimes. I am not saying that to defend you. You’ve got a lot of work to do to repair your reputation, SL.

As for the board, I don’t like the design as much as the TKL and will probably pass. I’m honestly not into the art style chosen for the weights, and if you’d have omitted those in the first place then none of us would be having this discussion.

I don't think we should entertain the idea that selling artwork that isn't yours is valid in anyway. Artwork is always the property of the the artist and they can decide what it's used for unless there is something in place that states the ownership of your work transfers to the person / entity you're working for upon completion. I see the point of people pointing out what is seemingly a hypocritical stance of using trademarked material for inspiration for keycaps and boards but I do think there is an ocean size gap of difference between benefitting on Disney's behalf and benefitting on behalf of a small artist / designer who amounts to a colleague in the space you share.

The second point you bring up I do agree with though. I'm going to put aside the fact that Angel has been pretty straightforward in his statements and provided any available evidence on his end and Streamline has just provided some sarcastic jabs along with "just trust me" as his justification. Even if I wanted to believe SL, his attitude has been a major turn off in supporting any future endeavors. Being right does not entitle you to be an ******* and he's showed time and time again he cannot accept any criticism without snide remarks. I've seen him call people incels, little boys, children, basement dwellers, etc now and he's even commented on a detractor's appearance in a negative way. Streamline can be 100% innocent and I would still not support that sort of behavior.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 11:24:50 »
loving the 3-post throwaway account meetup tho

This. Part of me wants GH to add profile age restrictions like other forums. "You must be this old to ride this ride". I can't trust a single comment in this thread because every account was made 2 days ago just to stir the pot.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Zouabee

• i sniff
    • Zouabee.com
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 11:38:31 »
I have no horse in this race but my name was mentioned; here's my two cents (that's all theyre worth tbh).

So if someone who refrains from using IP made the same arguments that I made, would they be correct in calling out SL for their misappropriation of art?
Using ad hominem arguments and copium is irrelevant to the crux of the issue.

Our goals are the same here; we all want to create a space that we feel comfortable sharing our passion for keyboards and plastic. Not sure if that's possible without policing our space in a healthy manner without the use of hyperbole and hysteria.

Best of luck with your future endeavors.

3. Zouabi (Fares)

Offline phoenixrage

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 16:33:27 »

Grow up.  You are what's wrong with society and bringing this community down as a whole.  Keep bringing **** up like a *****, cause at the end of the day, that's what you really are.  Get over it and move on with your life.

God forbid someone not really caring about the drama and trying to keep things positive around here.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 April 2024, 16:35:09 by phoenixrage »

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 09 April 2024, 21:38:29 »
Will someone come saevthis?

Offline keepoto

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 10 April 2024, 04:34:44 »
I applaud the exciting gameplay all around and no i aint ever buying a 65% board

Offline Horu

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 10 April 2024, 09:33:05 »
I applaud the exciting gameplay all around and no i aint ever buying a 65% board

What if this board has HHKB option?

Offline keepoto

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 10 April 2024, 09:59:56 »

What if this board has HHKB option?

65% is too deformed and not even HHKB can save it

edit: 70%/FRL HHKB is barely acceptable and pls more TKL HHKB so I can bring to work

Offline zekth

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 10 April 2024, 11:37:47 »
Where's ISO

Offline lazylemon

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 11 April 2024, 13:09:53 »
Front is nice, back is... uhh not of my preference. That being said, I would not support streamline either. His dealings are very shady. I would say he is fake transparent. Pretending to be but when an issue happens he just disappears and responds very slowly.

Offline voati

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 12 April 2024, 15:20:25 »

This. Part of me wants GH to add profile age restrictions like other forums. "You must be this old to ride this ride". I can't trust a single comment in this thread because every account was made 2 days ago just to stir the pot.

Damn shocking, not all of us sit on GH, a lot of us skim the forums logged out and don't engage on here but engage in discord servers. I came to point out that he's working with a scumbag for a collab for the second time that actively steals work from others and has a terrible track record of banning users for criticism, which is ironic because he's being dragged in this thread for the same actions with proof.....

Offline voati

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 12 April 2024, 15:25:36 »
dumbest drama the mk community has ever seen.
loving the 3-post throwaway account meetup tho. imagine brigading on GH lmfao

Imaging making some ignorant comment like this when you can click a username and see when the account was registered..... only 1 person recently made their account out of the entire thread.
Doesn't seem like throw away account brigading to me bud.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 12 April 2024, 22:51:25 »

Damn shocking, not all of us sit on GH, a lot of us skim the forums logged out and don't engage on here but engage in discord servers. I came to point out that he's working with a scumbag for a collab for the second time that actively steals work from others and has a terrible track record of banning users for criticism, which is ironic because he's being dragged in this thread for the same actions with proof.....

My point wasn't to require everyone to post frequently, but add some stop gap to prevent new / alt accounts from flooding a thread. Your account is years old, so this is 100% not aimed at you -- I'm sorry if it felt that way though

Offline voati

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 16 April 2024, 12:01:41 »

My point wasn't to require everyone to post frequently, but add some stop gap to prevent new / alt accounts from flooding a thread. Your account is years old, so this is 100% not aimed at you -- I'm sorry if it felt that way though

I wasn't defending just myself, only 1 user in this whole thread made their account recently, everyone in here besides 1 person (not even the one who made the initial claims) is over a year old.

Offline Keeaboo

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 16 April 2024, 14:47:41 »
I think the larger point still stands though. I made an account yes, but it was to highlight the issues with supporting this interest check and the individual running it. I think, as a customer, having more information to make informed choices is always a good thing. I don't think exclusively keeping criticism to the design of the board is in any way a good idea as I myself would like to know if there are any reasons not to trust / support a designer / vendor. I have no connection to either Streamline or Helheim despite what is alleged by SL that all the people criticizing the post are connected to Helheim in some way. This IC post seems to be abandoned by the creator at this point because he has continually operated in the same way. Instead of accepting any accountability, he will always run back to the die hard supporters on the discord.

Offline Aethelberht

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 17 April 2024, 15:15:42 »
Waiting for HelHeim to officially sue Saevus. I love drama.

Offline 1manny

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 20 April 2024, 14:40:41 »
Waiting for HelHeim to officially sue Saevus. I love drama.

Yeah can’t wait for the small claims suit… lol