geekhack Community > Input Devices

Wacom Cintiq Pro 13 vs XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro Pen Display monitor

<< < (3/4) > >>

switchnollie:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Thu, 13 September 2018, 07:18:37 ---
--- Quote from: switchnollie on Wed, 12 September 2018, 22:54:35 ---
Oh, like get the same color reproduction on 2 different monitors?
Not really sure what it's called.

Like you said you could calibrate the xpen to compete with the cintiq.

I bought a Dell ultrasharp for editing photos & say I want to calibrate my Asus gaming monitor to display the same colors when I move a photo onto that screen.

--- End quote ---

You can match 2 monitors but you will need a calibration probe. You can't do it by eye.

Nearly everything PC-side is sRGB, and most monitors have high enough sRGB gamut to match.

The only issue for matching may be backlit glow color, so neutral blacks/greys may look slightly different between monitors even though they're Technically matched.

This is because the Backlit LED or Backlit CCFL lamps being different, will have a slightly different hue.

My old dell 2410 has a blue glow,  whereas my viewsonic has a greenish glow.

For multi-monitor, depending on the application, it may or may not work well.

Photoshop will work well with multi-monitor, but some other app may not even be aware that the second monitor is running a different calibration, they may not have an internal color engine to work with calibrations..

--- End quote ---

Ah I see, yeah my Dell is much cooler than my Asus which is a bit more yellow than my Surface Pro.
Wasn't sure if that was the actual colors or what.

I did notice that adobe apps showed images different than some other apps.

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: switchnollie on Sat, 15 September 2018, 13:00:36 ---
Ah I see, yeah my Dell is much cooler than my Asus which is a bit more yellow than my Surface Pro.
Wasn't sure if that was the actual colors or what.

I did notice that adobe apps showed images different than some other apps.

--- End quote ---

Yea the glow is a bad thing, it's essentially ruining the neutral greys and whites.

xtrafrood:
So basically what your saying is... When the specs say a monitor can only produce ~99% srgb and ~70% adobe rgb it just means the calibration is incorrect? I smell an onion conspiracy..

edit - you're.. is what I meant to type.. :(

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: csmertx on Wed, 19 September 2018, 22:59:07 ---So basically what your saying is... When the specs say a monitor can only produce ~99% srgb and ~70% adobe rgb it just means the calibration is incorrect? I smell an onion conspiracy..

--- End quote ---

The Gamut in the Spec is correct in that it CAN produce that gamut.

However, without calibration unique to each individual panel, the output is not remotely accurate.

An engine could have 300 horsepower,  but if the fuel / air ratio is Off or never tuned properly at the factory, it may only produce 100 or even 50 hp..

That's the same with monitors.

The Dell ultrasharp line come pre-calibrated,  but it's a low accuracy quick calibration,  it's better than nothing, but kind of like a spit-shine once over..

New panels also drift significantly after the first 100-300 hours, so... whatever factory calibration it comes with is not great given heat cycling the crystals.

Other cheapees, or non-calibrated panels typically look p00-p00,  but most people don't notice because they've never seen a calibrated panel before..

Once you see one though,  you can't unsee it..  the difference is so obvious..

switchnollie:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version