Author Topic: [IC] SP-111 - Split Southpaw keyboard - GB Opens November 22nd @ TheKey.Company!  (Read 28785 times)

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

Dracula Err kit had an F13. You can just put your Rama cap there too.

Offline Solsama

It's awesome!!! If I can afford the price, I will make sure to buy it!!

Offline Symbiote

where the heck am i supposed to get a f13 key for this, anyways im interested in this board

You can use "Print Screen" instead.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
Will there be a typing test of a built and working prototype before the GB opens?

Also +1 for extra PCBs.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

I would definitely want this big beautiful thing on my desk. That black and brass looks so good.

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
Will there be a typing test of a built and working prototype before the GB opens?

Also +1 for extra PCBs.

3 prototypes have already been made.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist

Also +1 for extra PCBs.

3 prototypes have already been made.

I missed that, thanks. Looks like we still only have renders posted in the thread, though.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

https://i.imgur.com/eqqL4hc.jpg

Here's the big guy from the recent Austin meetup. I'd hear a typing test too if that was a possibility.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
https://i.imgur.com/eqqL4hc.jpg

Here's the big guy from the recent Austin meetup. I'd hear a typing test too if that was a possibility.

Nice, looks good.

A prototype photo was apparently posted on Reddit a few days ago too: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/dq9uxc/my_birthday_present_to_everyone_the_new_king_of/

Offline KeyCap75

will the plate files be available after the GB, so ISO users can cut their own (right-side)plate?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
will the plate files be available after the GB, so ISO users can cut their own (right-side)plate?

I am debating on what to do now, If I don't have it available as a plate during GB I will release it for people.

Offline KeLorean

[IC] SP-111 - Split Southpaw keyboard - GB Opens November 22nd @ TheKey.Company!
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 13:42:07 »
i love this, BUT i cant imagine using the numpad if its not revered, cuz my pinky needs to only use the two big keys on the outside, and it looks like this pcb does not support such shenanigans. maybe i’ll be in on the revision. love the idea though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Click it OR Ticket!

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
Wish I could just buy the left side, for games  :'(

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Update:

Getting everything ready for the launch on 11/22, hopefully will have a final update soon so everyone knows what to expect but wanted to give y'all something while you wait.

229904-0
One of the prototypes.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Awesome update, coming tomorrow  ;)

Offline anatworkaccount

Awesome update, coming tomorrow  ;)

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it, just saw this board today and I think I like it

just Saw the pricing here

Extra pcb’s? I just had an interconnect go on my daily driver split board and am hoping to get several spares for yours.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 November 2019, 20:56:26 by IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
just Saw the pricing here

Extra pcb’s? I just had an interconnect go on my daily driver split board and am hoping to get several spares for yours.

I am pretty sure we will offer extra pcbs, never want to leave someone in that spot.

And sorry for no update today, by the time I got what I needed it was too late to make a big post and all...tomorrow here for sure, sorry. :-[

Offline RDaneelOlivaw

• Don't Panic.
I'm buying two (one for home and one for the road) and my roadie board gets pretty beat up, so I'm definitely interested in extra PCB's. I recently just had to give up on the quefrency's from keebio because they are just so fragile.

Also, just curious, is there any general idea on shipping? Or does that depend on the gb? Like could we expect shipping this year, or are you thinking more like spring next year?
He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.

Offline regionfree

Will the number of units available be limited? Hoping to get one, but quite bad with winning checkout form races.

Per reddit post yesterday evening: sounds like unlimited. Word was extra PCBs likely.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
Selling standalone PCBs would also be great for anyone who wanted to make an acrylic case with the same layout.

Offline Anaconda

Any other plate options other than brass for the group buy? Personally would be interested in a halfplate or something more flexy than aluminium or brass.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Update:

Sorry for the late update but some exciting things.

The GB will be open on Nov 22nd at TheKey.Company, so get ready for that!

Many people have asked similar questions so I will address them here and in the OP.

1) Is the buy limited or unlimited? Unlimited of course! I don't like to run buys with a max for the sake of making it exclusive.

2) Will I be able to buy an extra set of pcbs? Yes, the plan is to sell extra pcbs alongside this board so you can have spares.

3) Will I be able to buy extra plates? Not sure at the moment, I would like to but no guarantees they will be available

4) Will the plate files be posted so I can make my own plates? That is the plan, not sure exactly when I will post them (probably around delivery time?). This means you can do mirrored numpad plates and different materials to your liking just know that for the usb ports to align properly 1.5mm plates need to be used unless you make a spacer below the plate.

5) When will I be able to get my SP-111? It will ship probably early to mid Q2 to be safe as it entirely depends on the quantity ordered for the lead time.

And now for the new stuff!

Pricing starts at $399 for a black or blue case and $419 for an e-white case. This includes pcbs, case, plates and misc accessories. I will be getting everything ready for launch and will make a GB post soonish so everyone can get ready.

Thank you all for the support, I honestly never expected this board to get the reception it has given I was just wanting to make a board for me originally and people convinced me to make it public because they loved it. I hope to see a ton of these in the wild one day!

229977-0

229979-1

229981-2

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
Can we get a photo of that sexy curved bottom and the USB cutout on the proto?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus

Ask and you shall receive lol, was literally getting that ready.

229985-0

229987-1

229989-2

229991-3

229993-4

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist

Ask and you shall receive lol, was literally getting that ready.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Looks great thank you!  :thumb:

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
Are you considering another GB round in the future?

re: F13 key
The WOB R0/R5, 40s, relegendables interest check here:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102335.100

is asking whether people might like an F13 key, which I figure some might like for the SP-111. If you're into that like me, there's a brief survey here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScUhbYi_GYvRkSukfkCtbyKAzkrFTcKuEZO3Zd2kLwebk_aOw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Offline mutthunt

Nevermind, saw my ISO question has been addressed already

This is a beautiful board
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 November 2019, 14:29:42 by mutthunt »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Update:

Okay I have made the GB post, but still waiting on approval before I close this thread, and I had a few things to say.

List of changes made since the IC was made:
1) ISO has been added to the plates, had been on the fence most of the time on if I was going to do this but finally added so you don't have to get a custom plate just to do ISO.
2) Added mirrored numpad to the pcb only, it would make the numpad area of the plate almost nonexistent so I would rather only support one variation.

Vendors and timeline:
1) This will be on sale at TheKey.Company and proxied by Candykeys, zFrontier and Daily Clack.
2) The GB will go live on Novemeber 22nd at TheKey.Company and the proxies may launch a tad later.
3) This will be open for a month (exact date tbd) and will be unlimited.

Thank you all for the feedback and I know some changes that were requested didn't happen but I still wanted to keep it the board I originally made for myself so some suggested changes were forgone due to this.

Offline mutthunt

1) ISO has been added to the plates, had been on the fence most of the time on if I was going to do this but finally added so you don't have to get a custom plate just to do ISO.

oh god now I really need to check my bank account

Offline despairsray

This looks amazing. Quick question as these types of boards are new to me. Looking at the prototypes, the right piece will connect to the left piece using a usb-c cord correct (male to male)? Meaning that, the cord that will connect to the pc is going to come from the left piece. If so, it this cord going to be provided in the kit? I looked around but wasn't able to find the answer, maybe I missed it. Thanks!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
This looks amazing. Quick question as these types of boards are new to me. Looking at the prototypes, the right piece will connect to the left piece using a usb-c cord correct (male to male)? Meaning that, the cord that will connect to the pc is going to come from the left piece. If so, it this cord going to be provided in the kit? I looked around but wasn't able to find the answer, maybe I missed it. Thanks!

The board to board cable is going to be, but board to computer will not as most will end up using something else most likely but the interconnect will help if someone doesn't wish to get a custom cable made.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Final IC Update:

The GB thread is now open so please see your way over there for information and get excited! Thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103449.0

Thank you all once again, I can't wait to see how much people love this board!