Author Topic: [IC] GMK Toxic  (Read 47879 times)

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
Re: [IC] GMK Toxic
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 15:41:23 »
We looking at a GB soon?

Yeah. Definitely. We are still waiting for some keyboard renders.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 15:43:15 »
I need this thanks - any chance for a dark grey numrow kit

I guess you missed it. The base kit has the grey numrow already.
(Attachment Link)

lol, nice - thank you!

Offline OnTheBrink

• Work Hard. Play Harder.
    • Wired In Store
« Reply #152 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 15:57:42 »
This set brings me nightmares

Offline eviLittle

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 17:36:43 »
i think i’ll take it.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #154 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 21:15:10 »

Also, if you just want to add ortho in the base, you just need 4 keys, not including a 2u bar.

R2: Out
R3: Data
R4: shift and enter

Currently Delta and Umbra have taken this approach, as will Copper when it launches.

40% belong into their specific kit and the base kit needs to support only basic layouts. I am staying by this rule. Again if toxic shows great numbers then we might look into introducing 40% kit and a spacebar kit - otherwise not.

Adding 4, 1u keys adds an extra $2 to the cost of the base kit. Now, since this set has a whole row of different colored alphas, it's probably even less. This opens up the set to a lot of additional users, as well as helping the kit reach MOQ (and more money).

Seems a bit arrogant to deny a whole group of users compat over an extra $2. If "basic" layouts is the goal, there sure are a whole lot of other keys.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 23:44:07 »
Seems a bit arrogant to deny a whole group of users compat over an extra $2. If "basic" layouts is the goal, there sure are a whole lot of other keys.

Another group of users could also come here and ask me for a few keys to support their specific layout and if i don't do that then call me out as "arrogant".

I have to make decisions and i surely will never be able to please everyone.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 November 2019, 00:57:17 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 05:24:11 »

Another group of users could also come here and ask me for a few keys to support their specific layout and if i don't do that then call me out as "arrogant".

Just need 1 2u shift key to icon mods or base please Tom

Offline kawaiicheung

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 07:35:28 »
Definitely in!

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 07:47:49 »

Speaking of that, where is my R2 stepped 3.25/3.5 ARROGANCE key? I'm not seeing it in the kits, much less the base kit, yet...

(sorry, couldn't resist cracking the joke)  :thumb:

Offline NathanielGoodtimes

• n/a
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 09:12:40 »
Did the desolator kit not happen?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 10:51:50 »

GMK Toxic is still in IC phase (tho the kits are finalized). So the Group Buy did not happened yet.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #161 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 10:56:12 »

Just need 1 2u shift key to icon mods or base please Tom

If these keys can't make the base, then an extension kit seems appropriate here.

Offline NathanielGoodtimes

• n/a
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 10:56:32 »

GMK Toxic is still in IC phase (tho the kits are finalized). So the Group Buy did not happened yet.
Ahhh ok. I ask because i have seen many toxic kits for sale. Is that knockoffs or a diff project?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Herman

• college student
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 10:58:15 »
Yes! This is so sick

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 11:11:22 »

Ahhh ok. I ask because i have seen many toxic kits for sale. Is that knockoffs or a diff project?

This is an original project. I got all the blessings from all people who worked on previous projects. Danielucf is the designer of this set and he run the first round of Toxic. The second run was done by Bunnylake. I took the opportunity to make the third round. The base kit represents the original Toxic design (except the OG cherry icons) with its signature stripe.

All in all this is the real deal.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 11:19:40 »

At least people selling knockoffs are more likely to actually deliver than the first two Toxic GBs did

Offline menuhin

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 12:29:54 »
And I can see the base kit of this run is packed with more value into it.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline 8six753o9

« Reply #167 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 15:19:33 »
Would it be possible to add a Salty key to the novelties kit?   ;D

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #168 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 15:27:20 »

Ooof i can't do that really. I can't mix my novelties (desolator kit) with original Toxic novelties.

Offline 8six753o9

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 17:06:39 »

Ooof i can't do that really. I can't mix my novelties (desolator kit) with original Toxic novelties.
Ohh it’s in the Desolator Kit. I completely missed that. YES!

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #170 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 21:30:18 »
Least you got it sorted before choosing kits to buy. I passed on SA Laser mitowaves because I didn't see the T0mb3ry skull like the gmk kit has. It was there the whole time...

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #171 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 01:03:21 »
Added first keyboard renders by Oblotzky

« Last Edit: Sat, 16 November 2019, 13:36:29 by T0mb3ry »

Offline vito687

« Reply #172 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 15:05:21 »
My body is ready

Offline adxlk

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 16 November 2019, 16:40:07 »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #174 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 11:14:26 »
Added all other renders by Oblotzky

Offline mimalik

« Reply #175 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 11:22:12 »
hot dikity dang...drop this, drop this now!!!

few 100% kb renders as well plz.

Offline norb

« Reply #176 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 12:03:18 »
gb when

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #177 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 03:09:02 »

I think there was a JTK Toxic, wasn't there?

Offline menuhin

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 05:42:11 »

Right, there was a JTK Toxic and people can still get it from Originative - for a much cheaper price. But perhaps people like premium products with premium price tag and here comes GMK Toxic.
For me I want this kit for better layout compatibility, than the JTK Toxic kit.

The first Toxic kit was produced by Signature Plastic and the design was inspired by the TV series "Breaking Bad" I believe - that was a long time ago. That DCS kit has a lot to offer but not many people, including me likes the thin ABS plastic of DCS profile.

To say this IC is a "knock-off" is not true. "Knock-off" means an imitation product trying to prevent to be something, but it is not: e.g. "That piece of **** isn’t a Rolex, it’s a knock off"
GMK Toxic is GMK and is with the Toxic design.
It is a different project and OP has communicated with the people from the previous two Toxic kit runs - so it is not "stealing a design" so as to say.
There are also new keycap designs in this run created by OP though he's a bit conservative to offer things like 40s kit that he never has every offered in his other runs.
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 14:50:43 »
There are also new keycap designs in this run created by OP though he's a bit conservative to offer things like 40s kit that he never has every offered in his other runs.

GMK Eclipse, SA Carbon, and SA Yuri had 40s kits.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #180 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 19:23:52 »

GMK Eclipse, SA Carbon, and SA Yuri had 40s kits.

Mr. sales chart guy has all the records.
Didn't notice SA Carbon, and didn't notice these two 2019 runs of OP.

That means OP was more optimistic about the sales of base kit of the above 3 GBs.
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #181 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 14:20:10 »
Just want to share with you little bit information regarding the upcoming GB and vendors.

GB will be held in December
Vendors:
- US: Originative
- EU: MyKeyboard
- China: ZFrontier

Right, there was a JTK Toxic and people can still get it from Originative - for a much cheaper price. But perhaps people like premium products with premium price tag and here comes GMK Toxic.

The first Toxic kit was produced by Signature Plastic and the design was inspired by the TV series "Breaking Bad" I believe - that was a long time ago. That DCS kit has a lot to offer but not many people, including me likes the thin ABS plastic of DCS profile.

To say this IC is a "knock-off" is not true. "Knock-off" means an imitation product trying to prevent to be something, but it is not: e.g. "That piece of **** isn’t a Rolex, it’s a knock off"
It is a different project and OP has communicated with the people from the previous two Toxic kit runs - so it is not "stealing a design" so as to say.

Just like i said, i got all the permissions from people who were responsible for previous Toxic rounds. This here is legit and is the real deal. Otherwise i would not do it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 November 2019, 14:21:57 by T0mb3ry »

Offline mimalik

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 14:21:55 »
yippie ki ye!!!!

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #183 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 17:42:22 »
Looks like I'm too late to make my usual request for the 1.25u R3 key for 40s support. Maybe there's still time? Either way this was always a great keyset, not sure I can join but good luck with the GB all the same.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #184 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 18:21:08 »
Oof, December run eh? Guess I know what my Christmas gift to myself is gonna be this year. LOL!

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #185 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 18:45:55 »
Looks like I'm too late to make my usual request for the 1.25u R3 key for 40s support. Maybe there's still time? Either way this was always a great keyset, not sure I can join but good luck with the GB all the same.

He says he'll add a 40's/ortho kit if the set does well. Considering it's being run on Oco and is up against Olivia++, Dualshot, and Rudy, I wouldn't get my hopes up. That being said, I wish GB runner best of luck.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #186 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 00:21:24 »
Nautilus nightmares on drop, too

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #187 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 23:07:37 »
Update

Desolator kit
- Added salty keys
- Added US Ansi enter novelty. Obviously the ISO enter looks here better but it is how it is.
Show Image

Any possibility of another alpha kit with dual [Latin/JP] sublegends? Toxic => Radiation => Japan (from Godzilla lore to Fukushima leaks)

Pardon but weeb legends are extremely overused and Toxic is def not about Japan. It does not match it in any way.

Thank God Tom thinks clearly. He may have said it a little more sugar coated than I would have but I’m sorry we understand half of the keyboard nerds only watch cartoons, I mean anime, in their free time and some even think they are Japanese when genetics would suggest differently. Just because you’re 30 and watch enough cartoons in a week to justify a part time job doesn’t mean everything you see needs to be Japanese. I have a feeling the people who request Japanese alphas don’t even read or write Japanese, it just tickles that fetish in the same way 10 year old girl cartoon animations tickle them before they go to bed at night. This need to put Japanese text everywhere is actually worse than a bunch of dudes complimenting each other on how cute their rose gold and Tiffany blue keyboards are on every forum.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #188 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 00:18:50 »

In that dude's defence, he didn't call this a knockoff.

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
« Reply #189 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 19:56:14 »

Just want to share with you little bit information regarding the upcoming GB and vendors.

GB will be held in December
Vendors:
- US: Originative
- EU: MyKeyboard
- China: ZFrontier

-snip-

Any chance of Daily Clack as AU/Oceania proxy?

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #190 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 03:01:51 »
Running this in December is suicide. Waiting till January (like Nord) might be wise unless you want to become the keyset designer equivalent of Van Goh (whose work was hard to sell in his own lifetime (group buy duration), but later collectors (mechmarket flippers lmao) made tidy sums of money selling it later once people began to appreciate it).

Currently a number of November buys have been struggling (Umbra and Yugo for example are both solid sets that have been struggling while Sparta got shelved completely) and this colorway deserves a fighting chance and a hyped launch.

Offline kolyz

« Reply #191 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 08:33:32 »
Running this in December is suicide. Waiting till January (like Nord) might be wise unless you want to become the keyset designer equivalent of Van Goh (whose work was hard to sell in his own lifetime (group buy duration), but later collectors (mechmarket flippers lmao) made tidy sums of money selling it later once people began to appreciate it).

Currently a number of November buys have been struggling (Umbra and Yugo for example are both solid sets that have been struggling while Sparta got shelved completely) and this colorway deserves a fighting chance and a hyped launch.
I agree. I would love to join this set but December is such a bad month.
Please release this later in Q1 2020.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #192 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 12:39:15 »

I think this is more to do with explosion of GMK GBs lately. it used to be 1-2 GB per month but now its GB bonanza, given our community is very small and we all have only so much discretionary cash/credit available, this was bound to happen. I say offer it as planned in Dec. Also Originative is vendor, they hold on to kits and sell them via their portal anyway, so hopefully MOQ will not be an issue. Also this iconic set, doubt it will have any prob meeting MOQ.

Offline norb

« Reply #193 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 15:39:40 »
december 2019 right? right? :-X

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #194 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 15:59:25 »

That's right. I'll close the IC thread and open GB thread once vendors start the offer.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #195 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 06:44:48 »
Sadly cannot afford it during Weihnachten - I already get food from Food Bank every week to save $ but that won't even cover commute cost during the season.

I waited on the SP DCS to JTK and they were not so right, and here comes this one that checks boxes in all the basic requirements.
Hope to get it in the aftermarket, GLWGB!
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 08:11:16 »
T0mb3ry,

Would you be opposed to the 40s discord running a kit to compliment this set?

Also I'd love to chat sometime if you're open to it. I think a lot of things went down poorly during the kickstarter. We've never had a chance to discuss what happened. My intent was never to create ripoff sets. The mix and max tool was just to show the flexibility of the sets and that they could be used together. Steven showed poor judgement rendering some of the mix and match combos which had strong resemblances to existing sets.

I'm sorry for how that was handled and presented to the community. I sincerely hope that we can put this event behind us. Whatever decisions you make regarding kitting I will respect.

Again, I'm sorry for how things were handled. I'm sorry Steven rendered up combinations that could be confused with the real sets. I'm sorry for allowing things to spiral as much as they did.

Best of luck with this set and your future endeavors.

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #197 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 12:08:21 »
T0mb3ry,

Would you be opposed to the 40s discord running a kit to compliment this set?

Also I'd love to chat sometime if you're open to it. I think a lot of things went down poorly during the kickstarter. We've never had a chance to discuss what happened. My intent was never to create ripoff sets. The mix and max tool was just to show the flexibility of the sets and that they could be used together. Steven showed poor judgement rendering some of the mix and match combos which had strong resemblances to existing sets.

I'm sorry for how that was handled and presented to the community. I sincerely hope that we can put this event behind us. Whatever decisions you make regarding kitting I will respect.

Again, I'm sorry for how things were handled. I'm sorry Steven rendered up combinations that could be confused with the real sets. I'm sorry for allowing things to spiral as much as they did.

Best of luck with this set and your future endeavors.

Hope he takes this to heart and at least gives you a chance homie!
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline mimalik

« Reply #198 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 12:11:01 »

That's right. I'll close the IC thread and open GB thread once vendors start the offer.

Drop it soon plz, before I spend the money on something else.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #199 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 12:17:39 »

Drop it soon plz, before I spend the money on something else.

AFAIK the GB should be up soon :)