Author Topic: Skull Squadron  (Read 2505 times)

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
Skull Squadron
« on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 10:49:56 »
Do you all think we will ever see these reproduced? I would love to see them make another batch :D

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: Skull Squadron
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 11:26:11 »
No.

But if you have a Topre board hopefully you'll get lucky!

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 12:01:22 »
Skull Squadron topics should require a trigger warning.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 12:23:15 »
Skull Squadron?

:)) :)) :)) :p

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 14:35:38 »
There may be an SA profile version in future if SP gets their stuff together and completes the Row 4 Shift molds.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 14:48:59 »
Hmmmm, Skull Squadron you say? :cool:

Don't count on it. Matt said it was limited edition and I'd rather keep it that way. An SA replica might be interesting though...
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 September 2015, 14:50:56 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 16:30:55 »
Don't count on it. Matt said it was limited edition and I'd rather keep it that way. An SA replica might be interesting though...

Can I ask why? Im new to this and i dont totally understand the rationale behind some of these linited edition keysets, especially ones with broad appeal.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 16:35:18 »
As I understand it now, SP has gone to a new model where the GB runner gets a percentage of the GB money run on PMK. SP then retains the rights to the set and can re run it at any point. I wonder if Skull Squadron falls into this.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 16:52:33 »
Can I ask why? Im new to this and i dont totally understand the rationale behind some of these linited edition keysets, especially ones with broad appeal.
It's usually not really about trying to keep things limited edition but more a case of very high MOQs. GMK for example has an MOQ of 250 so that means sets like Dolch only get a rerun every couple of years.

In this case however it's also about keeping a promise to the community. But go ahead and read the original thread. It's quite fun to read the whole emotional roller-coaster that that set was. :P

As I understand it now, SP has gone to a new model where the GB runner gets a percentage of the GB money run on PMK. SP then retains the rights to the set and can re run it at any point. I wonder if Skull Squadron falls into this.
It was the first set to run the new model and helped to popularize it despite some growing pains. So my guess is that Matt has some perks that other GB organizers don't have.

Or as the man said it himself:
nah this won't happen again. Limited edition.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 September 2015, 17:00:30 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Charizard

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 00:46:35 »
You will just have to wait for the Topre version that Matt3o is designing.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 03:42:42 »
Hmm... Yes. DSA Skull Squadron will not run again, it's a limited edition ("DSA was limited edition. You won't see it again." - Matt3o). However, Matt3o did run a DCS version of it on Massdrop (https://www.massdrop.com/buy/skull-squadron-keycap-set/?mode=guest_open) and there has been talk of doing an SA version, or at least an SA-like version... possibly not through SP, which means also some possibly interesting material options... (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54334.msg1498112#msg1498112)

See here for more hype <ur, I mean> information (http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/hi-profile-pbt-dye-sub-the-time-has-come-t10805.html)...
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 02:03:32 »
Could it be done?  Sure, if someone wants to step up.  Will it be done?  Probably not barring the suggested SA run of them.