Author Topic: [IC] - JellyKey - SA - Starry Night Keyset  (Read 55116 times)

Offline Juss

Re: [IC] - JellyKey - SA - Starry Night Keyset
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 14:14:13 »

Jelly key arranged 1 gb in VN before. I tried most of their artisan keycaps, can't beat the look though.

That's the thing, I don't know how big the mech community in VN is, but for me, 1 local gb isn't as reassuring as one that those of us in the US or Europe would be able to partake in.
It was quite big though, but it is quite isolated after the Event.
I lived in Denmark before, though pretty sure it is bigger than Scandinavia community.
The previous GB almost hit 100 units, which is not bad for a single community and first project. I didn't follow because of ugly base colour.
Pretty sure next GB would be a blast, chances are they will open it for foreigner customers with shipping fee as well. Regardless, I will stock some and resell them for GH only.
BTW I have a brother living in Ohio if you want I could make a special order lol.
Sorry for long post. I am new to forum and still dont know how to edit those quotes out.
2 Customs with cheapo keycaps
Desparately need White Valentine set designed by jill_jill

Offline Khuya

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 15:42:53 »

Jelly key arranged 1 gb in VN before. I tried most of their artisan keycaps, can't beat the look though.

That's the thing, I don't know how big the mech community in VN is, but for me, 1 local gb isn't as reassuring as one that those of us in the US or Europe would be able to partake in.
I lived in Denmark before, though pretty sure it is bigger than Scandinavia community.
The previous GB almost hit 100 units, which is not bad for a single community and first project. I didn't follow because of ugly base colour.
Pretty sure next GB would be a blast, chances are they will open it for foreigner customers with shipping fee as well. Regardless, I will stock some and resell them for GH only.
BTW I have a brother living in Ohio if you want I could make a special order lol.
Sorry for long post. I am new to forum and still dont know how to edit those quotes out.

I am sure they do put a limit per person :)

Offline c2lknt

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 21:29:18 »
SP's gonna need another SA machine!  Oh wait, they've needed that for a couple of years now...

Nice looking set.  Ever since I saw that picture of the guy in the hat, I knew I liked VNMK.

Offline fengshaun

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 22:24:57 »
Is there gonna be a dvorak kit?

Offline Juss

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 00:26:04 »

I am sure they do put a limit per person :)
Nah last time they didn't mention about limitation. There are few people bought 5 of them
2 Customs with cheapo keycaps
Desparately need White Valentine set designed by jill_jill

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 00:29:59 »
SP's gonna need another SA machine!  Oh wait, they've needed that for a couple of years now...

Nice looking set.  Ever since I saw that picture of the guy in the hat, I knew I liked VNMK.

In an email Oobly posted a while back, SP had mentioned that they had increase SA tooling.  The demand just means they might need to look to increase even more.

I understand their end though.  The SA profile is hot right now but how long will it last?  New molds aren't cheap and I'm sure they want to ensure they're going to be able to capitalize on those molds. 

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 01:14:53 »
pls take my money

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 07:25:30 »

In an email Oobly posted a while back, SP had mentioned that they had increase SA tooling.  The demand just means they might need to look to increase even more.

I understand their end though.  The SA profile is hot right now but how long will it last?  New molds aren't cheap and I'm sure they want to ensure they're going to be able to capitalize on those molds.

I think they're afraid of over-expanding their operations. If this SA trend dies down then they'll be stuck with some very, very expensive equipment that isn't being fully utilized.

Offline weifanwang

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 15:48:53 »
Why the PASSION KIT have the same key caps? :eek:

Offline Khuya

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 15:53:21 »
I was hoping they would produce their own keycaps instead of relying on SP.  Producing in VN would be cheaper, and that triple shots caps suggested that they wouldn't be using SP.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 19:40:20 »

I think they're afraid of over-expanding their operations. If this SA trend dies down then they'll be stuck with some very, very expensive equipment that isn't being fully utilized.

Absolutely.  That's a fair amount of money to lay out on tooling that may not be needed for long.  I certainly can't blame them on not putting more into SA tooling.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 23:35:45 »
Following

Offline stix

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 10:20:45 »
This is the keyboard I have been looking for.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 10:22:56 »
This is the keyset I have been looking for.

FTFY
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline tskiller

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 11:36:49 »
this looks awesome, where do I throw my money?

Offline quantrix

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 01:01:57 »
The render is alright, but what are the actual colors that would be used, in terms of either GMK or SP sample swatches?

Offline cozmonort

• Coz Caps
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 09:07:15 »
Pretty excited about this, will definitely be watching :)

Offline weifanwang

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 18:00:08 »
when can run it? my Chinese friends want buy it!!!!!!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 21:20:13 »
The render is alright, but what are the actual colors that would be used, in terms of either GMK or SP sample swatches?
I second this
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline alveeno

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 14:01:14 »
I would buy this if there was a hhkb kit as well.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 14:06:09 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:26:57 by alienman82 »

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 15:58:12 »
this is really nice ^-^
if you want it , please let me know haha  :thumb:

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 17:07:33 »
Any chance of grid Planck support (two 1u spacebar keys)?

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 20:26:00 »
did you think to check SP colors first?

After looking at SP's ABS colors again, there is nothing close to resembling the yellow/light green you have on this kit, with the other green being quite iffy at best.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline quantrix

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 15:37:29 »
They could get custom Pantones mixed perhaps, but probably not worth it for a couple hundred sets.

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 15:56:16 »

After looking at SP's ABS colors again, there is nothing close to resembling the yellow/light green you have on this kit, with the other green being quite iffy at best.
LOL lets hope they planned this out better than that.
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 16:28:34 »

From the first renders of their sets, I wouldn't hold your breath on that  :rolleyes:

Offline f1xedgear

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 16:32:56 »

I don't think that they have. This set looks awesome and I'd love to buy it, but there have been rather obvious oversights which doesn't make me confident that it will succeed...

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 19:56:35 »

I don't think that they have. This set looks awesome and I'd love to buy it, but there have been rather obvious oversights which doesn't make me confident that it will succeed...

Oh my.. Ahaha. At least this isn't a group buy thread.
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline fengshaun

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 21:33:27 »

Well, the problems can be sorted out with feedback! The concept looks awesome, still!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 10:25:14 »

Well, the problems can be sorted out with feedback! The concept looks awesome, still!

you can but SP still doesn't have the "pastel" colors used in the renders. Realistically using SP ABS colors it would be something like this

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 10:53:06 »
Definitely interested- but another vote for non-standard key types.

Offline quantrix

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 25 April 2016, 23:08:37 »
The SP mock-up is pretty bad.  The light text on the dark keys is nice by itself, but all of the colors don't work together at all.

Jellykey, did you plan on being able to get these colors?

I'm close to un-watching because it's almost looking like there's no point.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 00:07:58 »
The SP mock-up is pretty bad.  The light text on the dark keys is nice by itself, but all of the colors don't work together at all.

Theres a few different colors you can swap in an out, depending on what you would think is the closest (also, KLE isnt the most accurate for colors as they look IRL mind you) but still, there is really nothing close to multiple colors they used. Very worrisome.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 16:36:08 »

Oh come on, the sheer entertainment value alone makes it worth checking in on this one ;)

Offline fengshaun

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 01:35:26 »
can we get a finalized mockup with correct colors? The SP mockup is pretty disappointing. I would like a confirmation for colors from jellykey.

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 08:10:47 »
I want this keyset so bad!  I'm skeptical about the colors being actually available, but I'm definitely interested.  More keyset makers need to make the base kit a 60% like this.  TKL base kits as the only option suck.  30% of the market is 60% users and the most popular keyboard is the Poker line so why force a TKL base kit?
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline f1xedgear

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 08:14:14 »
30% of the market is 60% users and the most popular keyboard is the Poker line so why force a TKL base kit?

I wanna know where you got these numbers from, because that doesn't sound accurate at all...

Offline Data

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 08:20:33 »
30% of the market is 60% users and the most popular keyboard is the Poker line so why force a TKL base kit?

I wanna know where you got these numbers from, because that doesn't sound accurate at all...

He's close.  It's 29.5%.  But a greater percentage (34.6%) goes to TKL, so his point falls utterly flat.

2015 Reddit community survey

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 08:53:42 »

He's close.  It's 29.5%.  But a greater percentage (34.6%) goes to TKL, so his point falls utterly flat.

Wow, just from 2014 to 2015 full size dropped 20 percentage points while 60% more than doubled.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline mind_funeral

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 09:20:49 »

My point doesn't fall "utterly flat".  Firstly, you're using outdated survey data.  Here is the most recent 2016 Winter Survey.  30% goes to 60% keyboards (up 0.5%) while 32% goes to TKL (down 2.6%).  Despite the fact that TKL holds a larger share of the market, its popularity is dropping and 60% is increasing.  Pok3r still holds top spot for favorite keyboard and that's ignoring the fact that Poker X and Poker II are still very prevalent.  Finally, regardless that TKL is slightly more popular than 60% (and falling), offering a base kit in 60% has no effect on the price of TKL keysets but DOES lower the price for 60% users as they are getting less keys.
Topre Type Heaven

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 09:45:53 »

My point doesn't fall "utterly flat".  Firstly, you're using outdated survey data.  Here is the most recent 2016 Winter Survey.  30% goes to 60% keyboards (up 0.5%) while 32% goes to TKL (down 2.6%).  Despite the fact that TKL holds a larger share of the market, its popularity is dropping and 60% is increasing.  Pok3r still holds top spot for favorite keyboard and that's ignoring the fact that Poker X and Poker II are still very prevalent.  Finally, regardless that TKL is slightly more popular than 60% (and falling), offering a base kit in 60% has no effect on the price of TKL keysets but DOES lower the price for 60% users as they are getting less keys.

I have no problems with most keysets starting off as a 60% base, as long as the price reflects that and as long as someone can get the base kit + TKL kit for roughly the same price as what TKL base kits run now.

Offline mind_funeral

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 11:09:53 »
I have no problems with most keysets starting off as a 60% base, as long as the price reflects that and as long as someone can get the base kit + TKL kit for roughly the same price as what TKL base kits run now.

Yeah, of course.  That's what I want too.  I just want an option for a 60% base.  Group buys are starting to offer 40%/Planck base kits for the few people that use them. 60% should be offered as well is all I'm saying.

Example: the Hana DSA GB base kit (TKL) came with 25 unusable or unwanted keys. 91 keys in the base, 60 fit the 60% and another 6 were alternate color/size keys. So if this would have been a 60% set with 66 keys, you're looking at 27.5% less keys.  I know it probably doesn't correlate to 27% reduction in price, but let's say it does for a best case scenario. The base kit drop shipped at $52 so reduce the price by 72.5%: $52* 0.725 = $37.70.  May be just wishful thinking, but will all these awesome sets coming out, I'd rather pay for exactly what I need.  That $14 saved could help some get the next set (maybe the Chocolatier!) or step up an get the novelties.
Topre Type Heaven

Offline joinhandmade

• * Maker
  • www.jellykey.com
    • Jellykey website
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 11:16:17 »
Update 3: http://imgur.com/a/4zegm . We're working :)

« Last Edit: Fri, 29 April 2016, 12:52:36 by joinhandmade »
Our website: https://www.jellykey.com
OurFacebook Page: https://www.fb.com/jellykey.joiha/
Our email: jelly.key@joiha.com

Offline caligo

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 11:31:22 »
Man, that's quite a departure from the original concept.  :eek: I don't know about that yellow, kind of makes this Modern Selectric with some extra splashes of color.

Offline mind_funeral

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 14:50:59 »
Annnnnnndddddd................... They added F keys to the base kit.
Topre Type Heaven

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 14:54:17 »
Ooh... Dreamy!

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #97 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 14:54:32 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:20:45 by alienman82 »

Offline mind_funeral

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 15:10:55 »
Seriously why are F-Keys included in the base?  Even 75% keyboards have arrows so what board would the base kit even fit?
Topre Type Heaven

Offline quantrix

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 15:58:42 »
Agreed.  If the base kit is going to be 60%, don't include F keys.  Put F keys in a TKL set along with arrows and the nav cluster.