Author Topic: [IC] THE TK | An In-Stock Numpad Featuring All the Keys Missing from a 60%  (Read 7450 times)

Offline kazoosco

• Modern F Designer
UPDATE: The TK is going live! August 5th, 2pm EST!

SHOP THE COLLECTION HERE: https://www.kazoosco.com/the-tk

Ever used a 60% or smaller and wondered where all of your keys went? Or simply wanted a removeable numpad with everything, looks included?

Introducing The TK, a Model M inspired numpad with a hotswap, 46 key layout. Available in 3D printed cases in the next couple months.

WEBSITE LINK | kazoosco.com

DISCORD LINK | Discord

INTEREST CHECK LINK | https://forms.gle/DDmTLWPwsFzSoBFM8

IMGUR LINK | https://imgur.com/a/g5nSeYl

The TK will be sold in stock at $110. The first batch will consist of 25 PCB's - to make 25 units in stock. The cases will be 3D printed when an order comes in and shipped out as soon as possible. All of the components will be sold separately, allowing for tons of different options for colors!

Tentatively going to be offering Off White, Granite (White with Black Speckle), Black and a Light Teal as the Main Body colors. Those same colors PLUS Silver and Gold will be offered for the accents, which include the TK Badge, the flip out feet, and the daughterboard sled.

YES, you read that right! This board has Flip-out Feet, which can make the board go from a 6.5 degree angle to a 9.5 degree!

Flip Out Feet:

The Bottom Mount TK will be offered in Hotswap only right now, with an FR4 mounting plate.

TK Hotswap Layout:

TLDR Details of the TK:

- 3D Printed Hotswap Numpad

- In-Stock at $110, 25 units available at launch

- Bottom Mount FR4 Plate

- 6.5 degree angle, with additional 3 degree flip out feet

- QMK / VIA Compatible PCB designed by Elliot at epkb.design

- All Hardware Included, including cork dot feet and manufacturing sticker

Fill out the Interest Check if you are interested in the project! Let us know what you think about the project!

« Last Edit: Thu, 04 August 2022, 12:35:49 by kazoosco »

Offline Mandabanker007

Pog

Offline Slayer77

Very cool! Maybe a mint green color as well?

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline Magnificent Bureaucrat

• Sooooo much red tape
I'm here for the flip out feet

Offline denibhoxha

• cock and balls technology
Imma be awfully real witchu chief, this might be the most based thing I've ever seen.

Offline Cipulot

• Website
The easiest 110 bucks to fly out of my wallet :thumb:

Offline herbologist

• beige enjoyer. send help.
Very nice. I want one.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline ee

• hi
****ing goddamnit
let me get my wallet

Offline itsazly

• website place
Please just go ahead and take my wallet.

Offline Zetina

• El pajarraco
This is really ****ing cool

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
oh hell yes!

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
Like cork feet Cork Good treeleaf Made of the treeleaf
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline granola bar enthusiast

very interesting design but im curious about the finish of the 3d printing, would you say it is better or worse than injection molding?

Offline Valgaut

I love it! Nice big bezel and all!

Offline Sturmtiger

Finally, big, beautiful and meaningful bezels! Such a breath of fresh air to see somebody enjoy bezels. THIS is quality work right here.

Offline SpinningHook

• "I can't know how to hear anymore about tables!."
Provided that I am not broke when this comes out, I am definitely down to pick one up (maybe two, for work and home, depending on availability).
"Brevity is the soul of wit."

Offline kazoosco

• Modern F Designer
Thanks everyone for the kind words and support! I'm going to be ordering all of the filament for every single color choice and allowing you to choose the color for each individual component. That means 720 possible combos!

After the first 25 units, I'll be reordering quickly to keep the TK in-stock, so don't worry if you don't get in on the first run.

Offline kazoosco

• Modern F Designer
very interesting design but im curious about the finish of the 3d printing, would you say it is better or worse than injection molding?

While the prints will not be as polished as injection molds, the prints allow for some really cool positives. First off, it allows Kazoos & Co. to offer the TK at the affordable price point that it is, it would have to be much more expensive to cover the costs of the molds.

3D printing also allows for more color combinations, and allowing the user to choose every individual component's color. The geometry of the model also doesn't lend itself easily to a mold and would have to be heavily reworked for that process. For example, the flip out feet would have to have a lot more experimentation for it to work with injection molding.

Offline TheWonderBubble

Absolutely love this! I expect not, but is there any chance of the 4 FN keys above the numpad to be encoder-capable, even if I have to pick up a standalone PCB? Either way, I'm very much excited for this board!
Shhhhh...my wallet doesn't know I'm here.

Offline kazoosco

• Modern F Designer
Re: [IC] THE TK | An In-Stock Numpad Featuring All the Keys Missing from a 60%
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 04 August 2022, 12:48:25 »
UPDATE: The TK is going live! August 5th, 2pm EST!

SHOP THE COLLECTION HERE: https://www.kazoosco.com/the-tk