Author Topic: [IC]Vast60 r2- 60% gasket keyboard  (Read 10106 times)

Offline made in China

[IC]Vast60 r2- 60% gasket keyboard
« on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 04:29:52 »
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry I'm late because today is a public holiday in China and I had a lazy day off, lol.
Let's first look at the updates to R2 (R1 link:https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=111904.msg3029055#msg3029055)
1.R2 added half-plate (the missing parts will also be provide to customer)
2 Add the rose gold, cancels the blue
3. Gasket rubber has been upgraded from 1.5mm to 2mm
4. Brass weight is added to the bottom case, and PC Uniform plate is provided
5. Provide two pieces of poron sheet of 2mm used in bottom case and one piece of 2mm poron sheet Compatible with hot-swapped pcb
6. The new logo design, if you choose RGB PCB, the light will be exposed from the hollow position.
7. Added brass logo plate on left side of keyboard

Next we look at the renderings, the Protype is expected to be ready in about a week

As always, we are still looking forward to your comments. This is the driving force and direction for our continuous improvement
show some customer from r1:
65292;
,https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1051965526
For more information,pls click https://discord.gg/D6tzYKgv67

« Last Edit: Mon, 14 June 2021, 04:50:20 by made in China »

Offline kdam39

Re: [IC]Vast60 r2- 60% gasket keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 04:48:24 »
R2? will keep an eye out

Offline AstralYT

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 04:55:06 »
Looks nice. Jelly epoch-like badge and design. Let's see how much the price increases due to brass weight.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 06:15:52 »
Has V1 been delivered? Estimate pricing is always appreciated in IC.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 07:56:35 »
if the price doesn't increases too much then you'll see my join in

Offline P103

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 08:25:15 »
Didn't the r1 group buy just ended a few month ago?? Now you're back with the jelly epoch badge? The badge that's hideous and you added it in to bait new people into buying this. This just looks like a cash grab. Also this badge is going to be worse than the jelly's, you can't hide the gap since it's reversed seam, was there any thoughts put into designing this?
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 June 2021, 08:29:18 by P103 »

Offline stewfayew

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 09:34:38 »
For similarly skeptical (as you should be) viewers or commenters, let it be known that the designer of the board added half plate and brass weight because Discord members said they wanted it. He has asked for feedback from his customers and put it into the design. Credit should be given where it is due.

For the low price that R1 sold for ($160) I struggle to believe it was a cash grab. If it was, it was not a very good grab at cash. Just keep a discerning eye on how prices change as he makes new boards. Like this one.

I'm not a fan of the way the Jelly badge was implemented either. You know how they like to "share" ideas in China. But after having chatted in his discord since R1 I believe this could be motivated by a couple things. Either a genuine admiration of a popular product that he himself may think highly of, or an attempt to attract more interest/create a perception of his boards being high-quality or desirable/capitalize on popularity of Jelly Epoch (what I think is a cool but overhyped board) and grab the cash. Either way I'd like to see it be removable without any gaps left behind.

I'd also like to know more about the gasket thickness changes. What will this accomplish? I worry that thicker gaskets means more compression and less bounce. I liked the bounce of R1.

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 10:04:05 »
Didn't the r1 group buy just ended a few month ago?? Now you're back with the jelly epoch badge? The badge that's hideous and you added it in to bait new people into buying this. This just looks like a cash grab. Also this badge is going to be worse than the jelly's, you can't hide the gap since it's reversed seam, was there any thoughts put into designing this?
I'm not understanding this. Isn't the jelly epoch also reversed seam? The badge implementation looks fine to me here, or are you taling about the gap if you remove the badge?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Offline OwLab

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 10:38:36 »
For similarly skeptical (as you should be) viewers or commenters, let it be known that the designer of the board added half plate and brass weight because Discord members said they wanted it. He has asked for feedback from his customers and put it into the design. Credit should be given where it is due.

For the low price that R1 sold for ($160) I struggle to believe it was a cash grab. If it was, it was not a very good grab at cash. Just keep a discerning eye on how prices change as he makes new boards. Like this one.

I'm not a fan of the way the Jelly badge was implemented either. You know how they like to "share" ideas in China. But after having chatted in his discord since R1 I believe this could be motivated by a couple things. Either a genuine admiration of a popular product that he himself may think highly of, or an attempt to attract more interest/create a perception of his boards being high-quality or desirable/capitalize on popularity of Jelly Epoch (what I think is a cool but overhyped board) and grab the cash. Either way I'd like to see it be removable without any gaps left behind.

I'd also like to know more about the gasket thickness changes. What will this accomplish? I worry that thicker gaskets means more compression and less bounce. I liked the bounce of R1.

is there any way for us to keep it not "overhyped"
I have been struggling dealing with people who accused me of stirring the pot and they couldn't get a unit at a reasonable after market price
our promo was only review units...

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 10:45:06 »

I have been struggling dealing with people who accused me of stirring the pot and they couldn't get a unit at a reasonable after market price
Jelly epoch is not overhyped. It uses a novel gasket mounting type, looks very clean with minimal divisive design choices (besides the badge), was an in stock sale, and had fantastic type tests. Not to mention in a popular layout. People are going to be excited about a board like that. And with how large the community has grown, there are way more people wanting one than there are spots.

The aftermarket is rarely reasonable, and that's not your fault (nor your problem)

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 10:56:06 »

That's not your fault, you sent review units and did prototypes which all designers do nowadays, best you can do is another run maybe?

Also, is this keyboard fine? They seem to be using a badge like yours.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline MrBIGEURO

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 12:05:15 »
Jelly epoch is not overhyped. It uses a novel gasket mounting type, looks very clean with minimal divisive design choices (besides the badge), was an in stock sale, and had fantastic type tests. Not to mention in a popular layout. People are going to be excited about a board like that. And with how large the community has grown, there are way more people wanting one than there are spots.

The aftermarket is rarely reasonable, and that's not your fault (nor your problem)

Completely agree. Epoch Jelly is not overhyped. It's amazing board. The aesthetics of Jelly are not high, but the sound and feel are amazing. I'd imagine it will be hard to replicate. But I'm also excited to have more boards attempt to generate the same experience, but better looking. I'm typing on Jelly now. And I'm glad, looks are not high on my list.

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 14:16:28 »
I would think pricing would be listed since its been run before, but anyways it looks nice

Offline Necrolegion

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 18:11:08 »
I'm a R1 customer and was incredibly pleased. Finish was spot on, delivery or GB time was really short compared to others. Vast was always keeping us informed on the Discord, so I highly recommend them for R2 and I will def be joining in R2. Such an amazing keyboard.

Offline stewfayew

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 19:11:50 »
Interesting... I made a comment about the Vast and people completely derailed into talking about Jelly

Offline frostfiree

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 22:54:44 »
I would think pricing would be listed since its been run before, but anyways it looks nice

R2 is quite a bit more complicated compared to R1 so I can see why price hasn't been mentioned yet.
Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE | Thermal | Kei | GSKT-00 | Duck Orion V3 | U80 | Salvation | 378 | HHKB | Cloudline | Bias | TKL One | Kaze | Jane V2 ME

Offline Klexos

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 02:44:48 »

R2 is quite a bit more complicated compared to R1 so I can see why price hasn't been mentioned yet.

R1 was as significantly simpler design and was $159 with no pcb, before shipping. Initial estimates stated in the discord are that R2 will be $40-50 more, due to the improvements and changes (brass weight, new shine-through logo and foam, badge, etc.).

Opinions about the badge and the Jelly aside, as an R1 customer, I was pretty astonished at the speed of the group buy. I made the purchase in the GB on March 29, and even after a ~10 day delay due to some unfortunate happenings with the e-coating, the board was still delivered to my doorstep by June 3. People that bought the anodized versions received their boards 1-2 weeks prior. Communication in the discord was great throughout the process and I'm pleased with the board.

Offline AKiwi92

• KiwiKeebs
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 10:23:32 »
Looks damn nice. But can I handle going back to 60% :P keeping my eye on this!

Offline made in China

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 00:42:06 »
Looks damn nice. But can I handle going back to 60% :P keeping my eye on this!
ths the first  blood,guys

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 02:07:10 »
Looks damn nice. But can I handle going back to 60% keeping my eye on this!
As someone who is learning qaz, you can type on anything if you set your mind to it lol

Offline fombat

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 26 June 2021, 15:07:27 »
really hoping for hhkb other than that like everything here

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 13:25:08 »
board looks great, badge looks hideous.