Author Topic: hello from the internet!  (Read 1779 times)

Offline gkjsbgsz

hello from the internet!
« on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 18:16:14 »
Hello fellow keyboard enthusiasts!

I have been using mechanical keyboards for a couple years now (ajazz ak33 has been my weapon of choice), but I recently stumbled upon the genre of split, ergonomic, diy keyboards, i.e. corne. I'm quite interested to try, but I'm not ready to spend all the money for making the keyboard myself, from scratch. I was wondering is somebody would be willing to borrow me their keyboard, if I pay for the cost of shipping + add a deposit for the board. If this offer is a ridiculous one - sorry, didn't mean to upset anybody, but I wanted to give the split keyboards a try before I invest all my money into this niche and expensive hobby 😅

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
Re: hello from the internet!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 18:54:10 »
Welcome to the hobby and geekhack!

Offline gkjsbgsz

Re: hello from the internet!
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 19:06:10 »
one more side question - what split keyboards would you recommend for a person new to the hobby, that doesn't want to sunk all the money. I have had a quick look at https://mechboards.co.uk/product-category/kits/ and they seem to have kits for the corne keyboard in relatively reasonable prices. What other open source, qmk-compatible, dyi keyboards could recommend for a new starter? :)