Author Topic: Geo: Add QMK To Any Keyboard & Wireless  (Read 4487 times)

Offline FractalOne

Geo: Add QMK To Any Keyboard & Wireless
« on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 07:37:12 »
287751-0

WE HAVE UPDATED THE DESIGN!!! CHECK KICKSTARTER Link:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1875117024/geo-add-wireless-to-your-custom-keyboard?ref=e9paxb

Make Any Custom Keyboard Wireless | QMK/VIA Ready | Connect Up to 3 Devices | For Mac, Windows & Mobile

The goal of Geo is to provide custom keyboard users and builders with an easy way to add a wireless connection to their keyboards. With Geo it could never be easier - just plug in and play, connecting with any keyboard. Geo was created with universal compatibility in mind so that it is not only usable, due to its high denominator design and supplementation with adapters, but looks pleasing to the eye and always sits flush with your keyboard.

Unclutter your desk space with Geo. A clean setup is a key to achieving the best performance by improving your mental clarity and getting rid of entanglement. Delete ugly wires from the past. Introduce Geo to your keyboard to have a clean, no mess setup for your peace of mind and workflow. The only professional work space is a clean one, and for good reason. Geo will make your work space professional and keep it that way. 

287753-1

We designed a completely new adaptors so that it can directly attach to the aluminum body to allow for a sleeker fit. We use a screw mechanism to provide the most support.

We also have a retro styled design coming soon exclusive for Kickstarter backers. You will be able to pick the color/style after the campaign is over.

As for the colors, we currently have plans have (space grey, rose gold, and silver) please join our discord to run votes and tell us the colors you would want to see for Geo.

We will also run polls on what kind of adapters you guys want. Incase some people want a Micro or Mini USB. We can also do that.

FAQ

Q. Will Geo Damage my PCB?

We designed it to fit into your keyboard so that it uses your keyboard case as support. In addition, our new design it allows for tilt functionality so that Geo can tilt up to 60 degrees to rest its weight on the desk.

Q. Why are we using Kickstarter? And why aren't there any reviews?

We are using Kickstarter to help us to get into the mass production stage. Right Now, we are limited by the number of prototypes we can produce that's why we need your help to get to the next production stage.

Q. When do I get charged for my pledge?

You’re only charged if the project meets its funding goal by the campaign deadline. June 30th.

Q. Why is the price high?

Geo can turn your keyboard fully wireless. It also provides QMK. VIA support. To do that we need a big battery, high quality electronics and an aluminum body to have that protective layer.

To add one more point, the more people participate in our Kickstarter, the lower we can drop the price. The more we can produce, the cheaper they can become to manufactory.

We'll keep everyone updated on Discord. Including when reviews are ready!

Discord: https://discord.gg/tTQNJCbgPp

Offline DirtyGingy

Re: Geo: Add QMK To Any Keyboard & Wireless
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 07:40:39 »
I've said it before and I will say it again. this seems very sketchy. All of your demos do not show the keyboard actually in use and the redesign seems nice, but doing so n the middle of the campaign and not demonstrating it at all is very suspicious.

Also, your claims that it will also control the rgb on boards such as razer and corsair seems dubious at best. They use proprietary protocols.

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 07:53:37 »
i agree with gingy, it might be an option to send it out to some people, get reviews and popularity, than host a groupbuy of some sort. on your last thread about geo you would just repeatedly talk about the benefits with no proof of it
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 June 2022, 07:56:20 by granola bar enthusiast »

Offline FractalOne

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 09:09:04 »
We are actually working on review copies that we will be sending out very very soon. We have a list of reddit mods, youtubers, and people from the community. It is taking a bit longer than expected becasue  there essentially prototype. Its just lead time from our suppliers that's the biggest delay. If you guys have anyone you would like to see review Geo. Please tell me. We would love to send it to mods/admins of geekhack if they are interested.

Offline FractalOne

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 16 June 2022, 09:14:53 »
DirtyGingy, if you read our compaine/discord/reddit threads. You would understand that we use passthrough for razer, corsair, etc. We emulates the emulate signal. If you know of OpenRGB. You would understand that its acc not hard to control RGB of those lights. 

Offline jivex5k

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 17 June 2022, 10:50:00 »

Offline niicao

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 18 June 2022, 13:37:08 »
You are saying that this works but your Kickstarter video doesn't show any keyboard working with it and when there's a frame of something that has keyboard actuation the keyboard is out of frame. Also you said that you are sending protos to community creators and GH admins, but the Kickstarter campaign ends in 11 days. Ending the campaign without any review or video of this working is a big red flag. Hopefully i'm wrong, but atm this is sus af

Offline plag

• Formerly pepperonichicken
  • i also go by plag
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 19 June 2022, 22:54:54 »
sus

Offline FractalOne

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 20 June 2022, 08:10:35 »
For anyone thats not 100% on board. We are in the process of making review units and will be sending them out very soon. Expect reviews from your favorite YouTube reviewers and people from the community.

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 20 June 2022, 08:17:38 »
If you guys have anyone you would like to see review Geo. Please tell me. We would love to send it to mods/admins of geekhack if they are interested.

just as a recommendation nearLucid has some great videos and photography so it might be worthwhile contacting him about a review model

Offline FractalOne

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 21 June 2022, 08:01:31 »
I sent him an email yesterday. We'd be happy to send him a review unit.

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 21 June 2022, 15:42:08 »
You are saying that this works but your Kickstarter video doesn't show any keyboard working with it and when there's a frame of something that has keyboard actuation the keyboard is out of frame.

Actually, there is this gif:

The funny thing about this gif is that, in the last two shots, even though the hands are typing… if you zoom in, you can’t actually see any text being added/changed on screen.

I’m not sure why anyone would stage fake typing footage if they have working prototypes… :-X

Edit: Or, this gif…

« Last Edit: Tue, 21 June 2022, 15:56:18 by Mr Chrome »
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline Akele

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 13:15:16 »
I sent him an email yesterday. We'd be happy to send him a review unit.

Any update on when you'll have pictures of the new prototypes or when you'll be sending them out to reviews?

Offline Naima

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 15:20:30 »
Yep, I saw this on Kickstarter, and also noticed they’re not showing the actual “redesigned” model. If they can’t even deliver the working model they’re pitching, do you think they will deliver the model on time to the backers?

Offline Jo_hannes

• You can never learn less. You can only learn more.
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 27 June 2022, 07:13:25 »
Yep, I saw this on Kickstarter, and also noticed they’re not showing the actual “redesigned” model. If they can’t even deliver the working model they’re pitching, do you think they will deliver the model on time to the backers?

Likely not. Hardware Kickstarters nearly always fail. I think the Pebble is a notable exception, but generally, hardware kickstarters fail. Very likely for this as well, in my view. /J

Offline jivex5k

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 29 June 2022, 18:43:31 »
They hit the Kickstarter goal. What do you think the chances are they'll never post on this forum again?