geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

What video games are you currently playing?

<< < (224/271) > >>

noisyturtle:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Mon, 29 November 2021, 14:44:48 ---Been playing Inscryption lately. A good mind-**** game, decent mechanics but not without it's flaws (sometimes mechanics take a backseat to story.) Definitely a unique and engaging atmospheric experience with a lot more going on than the game initially lets on. If you plan on playing this one DO NOT LOOK UP ANY PLAY THROUGHS OR WIKIS, this is a very spoiler-heavy game so going in blind is the best way. Then when you play it again you're almost guaranteed to get a different experience due to the way the game is structured, and I don't mean the 2nd time you will know everything, things will change.
Would recommend

--- End quote ---

Finished Inscryption last night. What an absolute mind ****. What a unique story and presentation. I have honestly never played anything like it, and it was beautiful.
Even though it is an amalgamation of ideas coming together to form one cohesive presentation, everything worked well together and the consistent refreshing of play mechanics and space kept me very engaged.
I have not played a game that I kept thinking about when bnot playing, and kept thinking about after finishing, for a very long time. And Inscryption gives you a lot to think about.
I'll steal the top review on Steam for this game, because it really sums up the feeling:
"The only bad thing about Inscryption is that you can only ever play it for the first time once."

I would very highly recommend this game. Do not watch a play through or stream. Go in blind and experience Inscryption for yourself. It took me about 20 hrs to play through the first time.

Sintpinty:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Thu, 02 December 2021, 16:51:53 ---
--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Mon, 29 November 2021, 14:44:48 ---Been playing Inscryption lately. A good mind-**** game, decent mechanics but not without it's flaws (sometimes mechanics take a backseat to story.) Definitely a unique and engaging atmospheric experience with a lot more going on than the game initially lets on. If you plan on playing this one DO NOT LOOK UP ANY PLAY THROUGHS OR WIKIS, this is a very spoiler-heavy game so going in blind is the best way. Then when you play it again you're almost guaranteed to get a different experience due to the way the game is structured, and I don't mean the 2nd time you will know everything, things will change.
Would recommend

--- End quote ---

Finished Inscryption last night. What an absolute mind ****. What a unique story and presentation. I have honestly never played anything like it, and it was beautiful.
Even though it is an amalgamation of ideas coming together to form one cohesive presentation, everything worked well together and the consistent refreshing of play mechanics and space kept me very engaged.
I have not played a game that I kept thinking about when bnot playing, and kept thinking about after finishing, for a very long time. And Inscryption gives you a lot to think about.
I'll steal the top review on Steam for this game, because it really sums up the feeling:
"The only bad thing about Inscryption is that you can only ever play it for the first time once."

I would very highly recommend this game. Do not watch a play through or stream. Go in blind and experience Inscryption for yourself. It took me about 20 hrs to play through the first time.

--- End quote ---

Card game hurt brain

noisyturtle:
Punch-Out on Wii. What a great game!
+ Full of personality, and gets you genuinely pumped up and involved with the mechanics! I enjoy the stereotype bosses for what it's worth, it's a Punch-Out tradition. The music and voice acting is fantastic.
- Super low on replay value though, the game is very short depending on how fast you learn each boss. Not a variety of modes, like a Survival Mode would've been cool, or access to the previous games in the series. Starting to look a bit aged, especially with the way the WiiU upscales Wii games, but an mCable makes very noticeable improvements to this effect. I wish you could play with the Pro controller. The game can be very difficult, a pro or con depending on your view.

kahlilnc:
I've been playing a lot of Warzone and TFT recently. I also play top-down strategy games such Rimworld and Crusader Kings 3.

dankthropod:
I'm hooked to ori and the blind forest right now. The beginning was so sad!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version