Author Topic: [GB]Revo RJ kit hhkb layout custom(waiting to ship out)  (Read 257346 times)

Offline regionfree

Re: [GB]Revo RJ kit hhkb layout custom(waiting to ship out)
« Reply #1100 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 18:47:03 »
I didn’t know about this till I got the email from Oco this morning. Wendy confirmed that the RevoTeam lost the third batch (through the proxy). They are manufacturing the third batch again and they’re trying hard to get it shipped out this month.

I was thinking of backing out, but they’re already in a bad spot and I don’t want to contribute to making it worse. I’m waiting this out.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #1101 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 19:30:37 »
I didn’t know about this till I got the email from Oco this morning. Wendy confirmed that the RevoTeam lost the third batch (through the proxy). They are manufacturing the third batch again and they’re trying hard to get it shipped out this month.

I was thinking of backing out, but they’re already in a bad spot and I don’t want to contribute to making it worse. I’m waiting this out.

I'm in the same boat. I trust both Raymond and Originative to make things right.

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #1102 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 10:23:33 »
how is there no official response?

edit: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=93486.0

I started a thread, not like going to help with the amount of communication we receive....
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 January 2018, 13:16:38 by afrokobe »

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #1103 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 16:40:26 »
i got an official response from oco, anyone that is missing their board and didnt receive the email, let me know i can forward

Offline regionfree

« Reply #1104 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 19:42:59 »
is it possible to put this together without the diffuser in the middle? i really don't want to have it in place, and I don't do LEDs in my builds.

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #1105 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 20:28:11 »
is it possible to put this together without the diffuser in the middle? i really don't want to have it in place, and I don't do LEDs in my builds.

Yes, you can leave it out and it will go together just fine.

Offline regionfree

« Reply #1106 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 01:14:38 »
what do i use to program this? my pcb's 2 upper right keys don't work out of the box (tilde and pipe).

Offline regionfree

« Reply #1107 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 19:30:57 »
what do i use to program this? my pcb's 2 upper right keys don't work out of the box (tilde and pipe).

tried boot mapper client and the column/row assignments seem messed up. gave up trying to use this PCB and just used a DZ60 instead. so much better and simpler.

Offline mattgrimes

« Reply #1108 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 18:34:10 »
Anyone else have weird spacing issues with the diffuser? if i rest the USB port on top of the diffuser, then the plate rests crooked in the case; if i fit it in to the slot on the diffuser, then the port is too low for a usb cable to fit through the hole. below is an example of the former. as you can see, if i slotted it in, the port would sit below the opening in the case, preventing a usb from fitting in.

« Last Edit: Mon, 05 March 2018, 19:28:25 by mattgrimes »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1109 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 19:28:30 »
Anyone else have weird spacing issues with the diffuser? if i rest the USB port on top of the diffuser, then the plate rests crooked in the case; if i fit it in to the slot on the diffuser, then the port is too low for a usb cable to fit through the hole. below is an example of the former. as you can see, if i slotted it in, the port would sit below the opening in the case, preventing a usb from fitting in.
Show Image
https://i.imgur.com/mbJmmv1.jpg[/img]

this was mentioned a few pages back
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline regionfree

« Reply #1110 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 19:29:31 »
Anyone else have weird spacing issues with the diffuser? When I add the diffuser the top of the case sits super high and the USB cable cannot fit through the hole.

I have the same problem. I gave up on this ****ty kit and threw away the diffuser, the PCB (3 keys don't work, even before soldering), and the plate that couldn't be centered in the board. F**K THIS S**T. i'm just using the case with one broken screw stuck in one corner, with a plateless GH60 pcb.

STAY AWAY FROM REVO LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #1111 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 23:07:14 »
Anyone else have weird spacing issues with the diffuser? When I add the diffuser the top of the case sits super high and the USB cable cannot fit through the hole.

I have the same problem. I gave up on this ****ty kit and threw away the diffuser, the PCB (3 keys don't work, even before soldering), and the plate that couldn't be centered in the board. F**K THIS S**T. i'm just using the case with one broken screw stuck in one corner, with a plateless GH60 pcb.

STAY AWAY FROM REVO LIKE THE PLAGUE.
After this fiasco, I doubt Revo will be able to run another gb
I had high hopes for the Revo cases in the pipeline, and I'm incredibly disappointed to see what has become of them.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #1112 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 08:03:25 »
Anyone know what the washers int he kit are for?
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #1113 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 08:54:28 »
Anyone know what the washers int he kit are for?

There was some mention of having to use washers/shims under the PCB if you weren't using the acrylic diffusing panel, but apparently that turned out to not be necessary, at least for me. I think that's what the washers were included for.

Offline aquafreshfan

« Reply #1114 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 14:16:12 »
I feel really lucky that I got a kit that doesn't seem to suffer from most of the problems that people seem to be having.

It's such a shame really, as there is a lot of potential here. I don't understand how this went through a successful buy in China, like did none of the problems that people are experiencing happen with them? And if the problems arose because of the changes, why were they not fixed once a prototype was made? A little bit of patience to make sure everything is the way it should be goes a long way...
Revo RJ  |  Mira SE  |  Noxary 268  |  Red Scarf II+ Ver.c

Offline N0GLUT0N

« Reply #1115 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 14:24:24 »
I still never got mine but all these comments make me feel like if I ever get mine from oco/revo that it will be bad :(

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #1116 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 15:22:16 »
I still never got mine but all these comments make me feel like if I ever get mine from oco/revo that it will be bad :(
you should contact oco, I got refunded on mine.  If you no longer want yours, at least that is an option

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1117 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 17:49:07 »

I am pretty sure Revo is having them remade. With the problems that have come up, surely he will better QC them this time.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1118 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 12:07:24 »
Any update on the remakes etc?

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #1119 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 13:18:54 »
Any update on the remakes etc?

I received mine from Oco several weeks ago
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #1120 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 17:59:49 »

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #1121 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 01:38:42 »
Just built mine..

https://imgur.com/gallery/iMqRL

That looks hawttt. How do you like it?

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #1122 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 09:01:27 »
Just built mine..

I really like it, lubed vintage blacks and the poly plate make it super quiet and solid sounding. Def a nice board ;D

also, typing test!

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #1123 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 09:07:31 »
Sounds great Kafka!

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #1124 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 13:54:40 »

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1125 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 13:27:22 »
Just built mine..

Just built mine..

Were these part of the remakes? I got mine about 3 months ago from o.co. It was a bit damaged and Raymond said he would take care of me but I have not heard anything from him since I got it.

Great build Kafka! I have some Zealio 67g waiting on a build with that poly plate.

Currently have Lubed Tealios on a brass plate. Feels so good. Best linear I have used. IMO

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #1126 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 13:36:34 »
Just built mine..

Just built mine..

Were these part of the remakes? I got mine about 3 months ago from o.co. It was a bit damaged and Raymond said he would take care of me but I have not heard anything from him since I got it.

Great build Kafka! I have some Zealio 67g waiting on a build with that poly plate.

Currently have Lubed Tealios on a brass plate. Feels so good. Best linear I have used. IMO

I got mine from oco at the end of feb / early april. So my guess is his is from the replacement batch.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #1127 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 18:46:42 »
Just built mine..

Just built mine..

Mine is all the original stuff, got it a while ago. No defects from what I can see, the poly plate was slightly cracked on the right side but it doesn't really affect anything.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1128 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 15:34:56 »
So my son was messing with my RJ and turned the LED under glow on... I have never used this. Paid someone to build my board. Any idea how to turn them off?

Thanks

EDIT: fn+R fixed it
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 June 2018, 15:47:54 by ArchDill »

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #1129 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 08:57:07 »
So my son was messing with my RJ and turned the LED under glow on... I have never used this. Paid someone to build my board. Any idea how to turn them off?

Thanks

EDIT: fn+R fixed it

Interesting....

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1130 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 23:02:08 »
Did the replacement boards ever go out for this? I forget.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1131 on: Sat, 13 July 2019, 21:28:30 »
Did the replacement boards ever go out for this? I forget.

SUPER LATE REPLY.

No, I was waiting on a top and Revo stopped communicating with me.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1132 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 13:42:43 »
Just my yearly check-in to see if Raymond is still around to replace my top case. He stopped replying to my emails over a year two years ago.
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 February 2020, 13:48:17 by ArchDill »

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #1133 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 15:28:58 »
Just my yearly check-in to see if Raymond is still around to replace my top case. He stopped replying to my emails over a year two years ago.

Sadly a lot of gb runners take an apathetic approach to stuff like this. I've experienced this with CtrlAlt, the mech27, AL1, and CA66.

Offline mattgrimes

« Reply #1134 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 20:28:05 »
Rezzing this thread. two questions:

1. The bootmapper I have downloaded for programming the KB doesn't work anymore. Says it requires an old af version of Adobe air. I can't find the name of the PCB so can't redownload the new version. Anyone know what PCB this uses or even better, a bootmapping tool that works for the PCB?

2. Any update on improved acrylic diffusers? Still never installed mine due to the fact that it makes a USB port no longer fit :(

Edit:

Re: PCB —  the thing that works is "bootmapperclient" which can be found on google.

Re acrylic diffuser — found this post by Revo deep in the thread. Will give it a try. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=88750.msg2495477;topicseen#msg2495477
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 March 2020, 21:43:12 by mattgrimes »

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1135 on: Wed, 21 September 2022, 15:59:31 »

Thought that I had updated this...

Not long after this original message, I was sent a whole new board. it was one that did not pass his QC because the grey was darker than the grey that was sent out.