Author Topic: [IC] KAM 80s After Dark UPDATE - GB JAN 4 2021 - Prices posted - GB page soon  (Read 79756 times)

Offline heliu

Re: [IC] KAM 80s After Dark UPDATE - Kits reduced and final!!! GB JAN 4 2021
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 13:16:08 »
Hi everyone,

I am rather new to MK but I really like this set and think about getting one for my Keychron K8 (TKL format). I'd go for the Alphas, Fn Row, Modifiers and the Norde layout, which should work?

I have seen this on other layouts as well, but what I am not seeing is the 3rd set of functions on some of the keys in the Norde layout. For example { is bound on the 7 key or the tilde sign between Enter and Ü in R3 when you press it with Alt GR, which is right to the spacebar.

I included a picture of what is printed typically/on standard keyboards (from the Keychron this case, but also ducky has the same prints on its 60% DUCKY ONE 2 Iso DE or cherry pbt international set from KPrepublic).
Is this standard for keycap sets to exlucde this (The KAT rust has the same layout as here) in order to not have too many keys or another reason?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0059/0630/1017/t/5/assets/pf-ddf091f1--Keychron-K8-Wireless-Mechanical-Keyboard-German-ISODE-Layout-Wins-Edited.jpg?v=1604055187

If my post is in the wrong place, please tell me where to post this otherwise, this is my first post.
Thanks for you help

Welcome to GH. Your question is legit, and its answer is that this set does not have tertiary legends—the ones you are missing—that for US ANSI do not apply, but for European layouts do. I prefer to have tertiary legends, but I can see the simplicity of the lack of them. Anyway, we already know where the AltGr legends are, hopefully. If you really need them, you may check other KAM sets in "interest-checks" that offers a Norde set with tertiary legends. Feel free to PM–me if you want to discuss this further.

Thank you very much for your answer.

I am using these keys very often - which is a pain already since you the AltGr position is not very convenient, but not having Ä,Ü,Ö is even less an option. I am familiar with their position, but was curious about the reasoning of it (also bc. some minors like the € sign on the E button or the µ sign on the M are not included, but I suppose that goes beyong the contraints)

I checked like the last half a year in the section and could only find the Napolenic kit with tertiary legends, otherwise the design choice seems more or less unilateral. Issue is, I wont be the sole user of the KB and some missing legends could be confusing, but my personal boss in the house will have to adapt I suppose :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 30 December 2020, 17:17:20 »
Hi everyone,

I am rather new to MK but I really like this set and think about getting one for my Keychron K8 (TKL format). I'd go for the Alphas, Fn Row, Modifiers and the Norde layout, which should work?

I have seen this on other layouts as well, but what I am not seeing is the 3rd set of functions on some of the keys in the Norde layout. For example { is bound on the 7 key or the tilde sign between Enter and Ü in R3 when you press it with Alt GR, which is right to the spacebar.

I included a picture of what is printed typically/on standard keyboards (from the Keychron this case, but also ducky has the same prints on its 60% DUCKY ONE 2 Iso DE or cherry pbt international set from KPrepublic).
Is this standard for keycap sets to exlucde this (The KAT rust has the same layout as here) in order to not have too many keys or another reason?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0059/0630/1017/t/5/assets/pf-ddf091f1--Keychron-K8-Wireless-Mechanical-Keyboard-German-ISODE-Layout-Wins-Edited.jpg?v=1604055187

If my post is in the wrong place, please tell me where to post this otherwise, this is my first post.
Thanks for you help

Welcome to GH. Your question is legit, and its answer is that this set does not have tertiary legends—the ones you are missing—that for US ANSI do not apply, but for European layouts do. I prefer to have tertiary legends, but I can see the simplicity of the lack of them. Anyway, we already know where the AltGr legends are, hopefully. If you really need them, you may check other KAM sets in "interest-checks" that offers a Norde set with tertiary legends. Feel free to PM–me if you want to discuss this further.

Thank you very much for your answer.

I am using these keys very often - which is a pain already since you the AltGr position is not very convenient, but not having Ä,Ü,Ö is even less an option. I am familiar with their position, but was curious about the reasoning of it (also bc. some minors like the € sign on the E button or the µ sign on the M are not included, but I suppose that goes beyong the contraints)

I checked like the last half a year in the section and could only find the Napolenic kit with tertiary legends, otherwise the design choice seems more or less unilateral. Issue is, I wont be the sole user of the KB and some missing legends could be confusing, but my personal boss in the house will have to adapt I suppose :)

The ä, ö and ü are included in the norde+++ sets. Yet, there are other sets with full tertiary legends and broader coverage than this one. What language layout do you use?

Offline heliu

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 10:26:03 »
I am using ISO-DE layout, but I was not very clear. In that a change to ANSI would be nicer for programming for example (and keycaps obviously), but I have to stick to ISO DE and most of the customs seem to offer the same coverage as this one, which is not perfect but good enough.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #153 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 17:48:04 »
I am using ISO-DE layout, but I was not very clear. In that a change to ANSI would be nicer for programming for example (and keycaps obviously), but I have to stick to ISO DE and most of the customs seem to offer the same coverage as this one, which is not perfect but good enough.

It is true if you are after a KAM set. But, there are a couple other ICs for non-KAM sets that carry full support for ISO-DE. Again, I think that this set rocks.

Offline Swishy

Re: [IC] KAM 80s After Dark UPDATE - GB JAN 4 2021 - Prices soon
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 03:45:02 »
still waiting on vendors prices but will post what I do have tomorrow

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 18:51:19 »
Any news on this? Pricing? GB's links?

Offline Ram

« Reply #156 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 19:20:39 »
Any news on this? Pricing? GB's links?
check the vendor for your region, gb is up and pricing should be there as well.

Offline KeebCalmAndCarryOn

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 20:58:43 »
I'm on the GB site but i don't see the novelty space bar with the grid.  Do I need to go to a different site for that item?  Thanks.

Offline Ram

« Reply #158 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 22:00:56 »
I'm on the GB site but i don't see the novelty space bar with the grid.  Do I need to go to a different site for that item?  Thanks.

should be this one, I'm guessing the wrong render was put in as a thumbnail but only swishy/M&C can confirm that

Offline KeebCalmAndCarryOn

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 22:04:12 »
Ah! That’s what I was thinking but want to confirm. Thanks!

Offline Swishy

Re: [IC] KAM 80s After Dark UPDATE - GB JAN 4 2021 - Prices posted - GB page soon
« Reply #160 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 01:40:37 »
Most of the prices posted

Offline sige5101

Re: [IC] KAM 80s After Dark UPDATE - GB JAN 4 2021 - Prices posted - GB page soon
« Reply #161 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 06:08:56 »
Thank you for update wiz new pic of novelty spacebars. That's awesome!
But, Have you stopped adding ”Thok Brass Old Skool microphone " Keycap to your collection?
I love that.

Offline Swishy

« Reply #162 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 06:52:37 »
Thank you for update wiz new pic of novelty spacebars. That's awesome!
But, Have you stopped adding ”Thok Brass Old Skool microphone " Keycap to your collection?
I love that.
So the would've been three MOQs and Thok and I felt that is a lot of risk so we reduced it down to two and since I saw more interest with the floppy disk we did both, but fret not the cap could still run in the future!

Offline sige5101

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 07:19:33 »
Thank you 4 answer. Yes. I am getting old enough to understand about that XD. I'd already ordered 3.5inch keycap, but I am still waiting that .
'Cause I can't take my eyes on that !