Author Topic: [IC] PBTfans Basin | COMPLETED! Prepping for R2...  (Read 63212 times)

Offline Nqrwhql

• Hi :)
[IC] PBTfans Basin | COMPLETED! Prepping for R2...
« on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 03:18:39 »

PBTfans Basin

GB: June 1st-30th
Estimated to Ship September 2022

Hello fellow enthusiasts:
We are proud to introduce PBTfans Basin! We worked super hard to bring you this set.
Please consider filling out our feedback form and joining our Discord server for support and giveaways!

Feedback Form: CLICK HERE
Discord Server: CLICK HERE

About the Set:
We present to you PBTfans Basin! This set was designed to reflect the dynamic blue-grays of the ocean. Amidst the vastness of an oceanic basin are a wide variety of colors, and we have chosen a sinking gradient to portray diving into the depths of the ocean.

About the Designers:
Asynq Designs is a team that consists of three people: Aiden, Synthereal, and Nqrwhql. We each spent the last year learning and designing up until this point to present this set to you.

Contents

PBTfans

Due to the wait time for ePBT, we have decided to switch our manufacture over to PBTfans. If you aren't already aware, PBTfans is a new manufacture created by KBDfans.

For more info about PBTfans click "more".

More
Why change?
If we go with ePBT, the gradient color difference wouldn't be as significant as we envisioned. Additionally, ePBT currently has a long queue they need to clear up before starting new sets. Finally, this change is also better for you guys because you would be receiving your order sooner at a lower price.

What's the difference?
Instead of reverse dye-sub, it'll be double-shot on PBT plastic. In simpler terms, the legends are injected, look sharper, and will never fade or chip. Usually, double-shot is much more expensive than reverse dye-sub but in this case, it won't be. In fact, it'll be cheaper than our ePBT prices which used reverse dye-sub. This is largely because of the preset kits we need to follow which makes manufacturing much easier and faster.

What are the new wait times looking like?
Say goodbye to the 1-2 year wait times and say hello to 2-3 month wait time. This is because instead of approving the samples months after GB we have already approved the samples.

Are there any quality issues that I should know about?
As far as I can tell after testing other PBTfans sets, I can confidently say that I have had no issues with it and I daresay that these sets are better than GMK sets. The keycap thickness is 1.6mm whereas GMK is 1.5mm.

Vendors

The keycaps can be bought at:

NA: Kono
CA: DESK[H]ERO
EU: MyKeyboard
UK: KeebCats
ASIA/GLOBAL: KBDfans
OCE: Daily Clack

Price

Note: These prices should be final but are subject to change.

Basin Kit Renders

Adriatic Kit Renders

Deskmats

Designed By Skeil

Ikki68 Aurora By Wuque Studio

Phoenix by Cable Car Designs

White GMMK By Glorious

Black GMMK By Glorious

Nemui By Bachoo

SixtyFive By Mode

Maja By Vulcan

Adriatic Maja By Vulcan

Collabs

Skull Keycaps x Basin

More

The raffle will be held on June 3rd and it'll last 24 hours.
You'll be able to find the purchase link in our Discord Community or Skull Keycap's Instagram / Discord.

MoziCaps x Basin

More

Microticaps
Coming Soon! Please join our Discord for updates.

KrakenKap
Coming Soon Please join our Discord for updates.

KeyCraving
Coming Soon Please join our Discord for updates.

Colors

Note: Please understand that the colors you see in the renders may look different from the physical colors. Please be aware that physical colors cannot be replicated in webspace.

Please consider filling out our feedback form and joining our Discord server by clicking on the images below.
By filling out our short feedback form helps us tremendously!

Special Thanks To

Swishy: This set would've never reached IC without you! Thank you for the countless hours you spent with me in a VC, answering all my dumb questions.
Matthewdias: Thank you for all your amazing suggestions and help with kitting.
Mirubere: Thanks for answering all my questions and giving me your honest opinion on this set!
Hank: Without your rendering help, my renders would've looked like they came out of a 32-bit game.
Mcheddadi: Thanks for all the support and suggesting we do a blue alternative set.
Skeil: Thank you for designing the amazing deskmats! (He's also running a IC so check it out here!)

Signature

If you would like to support this set please add this signature and spread the word.
To add a signature go to Profile -> Modify Profile -> Forum Profile -> Signature
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112592.0][img width=249 height=86]https://i.imgur.com/Lh7USY9.png[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Tue, 25 April 2023, 09:08:41 by Nqrwhql »

Offline Nqrwhql

Re: [IC] ePBT Basin
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 03:20:55 »
To Do List
  • Prep for R2
Update Log
  • 6-4-2022: Skull Keycap x Basin Sale
  • 6-1-2022: Group Buy Started!
  • 5-10-2022: Switched manufacture from ePBT to PBTfans. Everything is updated for the switch.
  • 2-1-2022: Decided to combine our alternative mod and alpha kit to create the Adriatic Base Kit
  • 1-6-2022: Price Quotes added
  • 12-26-2021: Decided to not do novelties
  • 7-31-2021: Added Deskmats
  • 7-31-2021: Added Mod Kit
  • 5-5-2021: Added MX and SA vendors.
  • 7-20-2021: Minor Color Changes to better match board renders
  • 7-16-2021: Added GMMK Pro and Mode65 renders with both Basin and Adriatic colors
  • 7-16-2021: Added Alpha+Accent Kit, Numpad Kit, and International Kit with blue legends instead of teal
  • 7-16-2021: Minor Color Changes to better match final product
  • 5-18-2021: Added International and Icons Kit
  • 5-7-2021: Renders updated to accommodate color changes
  • 5-7-2021: Minor Color Changes for aesthetics
  • 5-5-2021: Vendors Confirmed
  • 5-1-2021: IC Posted

Make sure to join our Discord Community for more frequent updates and to be notified when we modify our IC thread.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 April 2023, 09:09:42 by Nqrwhql »

Offline Frayne

• For deskmat inquiries: illu_zn
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 06:07:52 »
Love the gradients! Will be keeping an eye out for this  ;D

Offline godzillq25

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 07:31:07 »
is this going to be five side dye dub or pad printed legends?

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 09:08:30 »
your green looks very vibrant in the kit renders but dull in the board renders. pls consider alpha spacebar

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 10:42:53 »
Alpha bar pls

Offline aleeex

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 10:54:10 »
really like the colors - but big sad for 5 side pbt

Offline PixelPlays__

• God, this hobby is so expensive.
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 14:00:35 »
I don't normally like gradient sets...but this is one done right! Gonna be following this   ;D

Offline Nqrwhql

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 14:22:51 »
is this going to be five side dye dub or pad printed legends?
It's reverse dye sub AKA five side dye sub.

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 16:01:39 »
Not bad for a gradient kit.

Offline stevenopoly

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 17:51:09 »
WOW this gradient is SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!!!!!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline azzipa

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 18:15:54 »
I don't normally like gradient sets...but this is one done right! Gonna be following this   ;D

guess i don't have to type this now, already been said.

kitting looks pretty good however a couple of comments:
  • i appreciate 1.5u super with 1u alt, as a mac user; i have a hard time getting excited for sets that force me to use windows keys (e.g., 1.5u alt) for tsangan bottom row. (yes, i know what each key does but i still don't like big alt keys, ok?)
  • nice to have 1.75u R2 function in addition to control (but not a must have)
  • R4 "=" can be useful for numpad, especially since it's a stand-alone kit
  • hoping you'll run samples to see how the light tan on navy works for modifiers (e.g., light on dark)

best of luck with IC  :thumb:

Offline Nqrwhql

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 01 May 2021, 19:56:19 »

guess i don't have to type this now, already been said.

kitting looks pretty good however a couple of comments:
  • i appreciate 1.5u super with 1u alt, as a mac user; i have a hard time getting excited for sets that force me to use windows keys (e.g., 1.5u alt) for tsangan bottom row. (yes, i know what each key does but i still don't like big alt keys, ok?)
  • nice to have 1.75u R2 function in addition to control (but not a must have)
  • R4 "=" can be useful for numpad, especially since it's a stand-alone kit
  • hoping you'll run samples to see how the light tan on navy works for modifiers (e.g., light on dark)

best of luck with IC  :thumb:
Thank you for the compliments, and yes we're getting samples very soon.

Offline jakk

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 20:31:49 »
super nice! i love the colors.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 22:28:23 »
I like it a lot.
.....Except for the white legends on the green accent keys. It would  look way better with blue legends. Too many colors as is, especially with the gradient effect. Notice how most gradient kits don't even have different colored  mod keys...and I think this might be the 1st gradient that has different colored accent keys and mods.

Offline robsta

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 06:16:26 »
 :)

Im in, already decided on buying the DREAM EPBT, but just if the

NORDEU-Set

is included, i hope you will fulfill my request  :p

the set is so great, after that i will feel "complete" the light set dreamscape and the darkset Basin, damn im happy that you guys made it, pls do it with NORDEU!

thanks in advance

[img width=198 height=78]

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 14:42:39 »
Great set, reserved

Offline Nqrwhql

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 00:56:21 »
:)

Im in, already decided on buying the DREAM EPBT, but just if the

NORDEU-Set

is included, i hope you will fulfill my request  :p

the set is so great, after that i will feel "complete" the light set dreamscape and the darkset Basin, damn im happy that you guys made it, pls do it with NORDEU!

thanks in advance
We're currently working on a NORDEU set and it will be released soon, make sure to check back within a week or two!
I like it a lot.
.....Except for the white legends on the green accent keys. It would  look way better with blue legends. Too many colors as is, especially with the gradient effect. Notice how most gradient kits don't even have different colored  mod keys...and I think this might be the 1st gradient that has different colored accent keys and mods.
We're currently working on fixing up the colors and adding a new alpha kit which will have blue legends instead of teal legends!

Offline jjjboomerz

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 04 May 2021, 11:59:26 »
This set looks crazy good! Good luck with it :)

Offline Nqrwhql

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 09:48:18 »

WOW this gradient is SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!!!!!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Love the gradients! Will be keeping an eye out for this  ;D

super nice! i love the colors.

Not bad for a gradient kit.

I haven't been able to reply to every person because I didn't want to flood, but thank you everyone so far for the support and I really appreciate your feedback, even if it is just a compliment ;D (New update very soon I'm just finishing up the renders)

Offline Voaraq

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 05:47:18 »
Want

Offline FredNeverDead

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 10:30:15 »
DAM that looks nice. will keep an eye out for this  :thumb:

Offline FredNeverDead

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 10:44:54 »
If this is supposed to be a PBT set, which i like, can it be done with Geekark? since 5 sided dye sub might not turn out well with ePBT, and ive heard the geekark has near perfect reverse dye sub. also it would keep the price down by quite a bit. The caps look great, though thats my only concern :D

Offline Nqrwhql

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 16:41:31 »
If this is supposed to be a PBT set, which i like, can it be done with Geekark? since 5 sided dye sub might not turn out well with ePBT, and ive heard the geekark has near perfect reverse dye sub. also it would keep the price down by quite a bit. The caps look great, though thats my only concern :D
This set's manufacturer is ePBT which, like the name suggests is a PBT set. Although ePBT's reverse dye-sub is relatively new I do not think there should be any problems with it. We are receiving samples in the near future and updates on this topic should be announced in the Discord server. Thank you for your concern!

Offline PradyXT

Re: [IC] ePBT Basin | International Kit, Minor Color Changes
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 11 May 2021, 12:09:13 »
i really hope there are novelties :DD

Offline Nqrwhql

Re: [IC] ePBT Basin | International Kit, Minor Color Changes
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 14:36:18 »
i really hope there are novelties :DD
We're working on that already, it should come out with or shortly after the icons kit.

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
Re: [IC] ePBT Basin | Icon Kit Release | Icon Renders - Press More
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 30 May 2021, 12:26:48 »
Would you consider moving mod bars from base to space bar kit? I feel that many prefer the “alpha” colored bar in the first place.

Offline jakk

Re: [IC] ePBT Basin | ZeusWorks Collab
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 30 May 2021, 16:13:00 »
Super clean set! Love the concept, Good luck with GB!

Offline Vintage

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 18:22:48 »
Looks amazing! Will be following this one :D
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline RoyalOak88

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 11:02:28 »
Very nice colors!
Submitted my form

Offline RoyalOak88

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 08:20:26 »
Since this is ePBT is it possible to include more international kits? (like ePBT Scandi for example)

Offline Nqrwhql

Re: [IC] ePBT Basin | Icon Kit Release | Icon Renders - Press More
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 04:07:08 »
Would you consider moving mod bars from base to space bar kit? I feel that many prefer the “alpha” colored bar in the first place.
We're including it in the base kit to give people more options so they can choose what they want to do as one single spacebar won't increase the price by much.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Re: [IC] ePBT Basin | Color Update | More Renders
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 04:36:34 »
Really nice colourway and kits are not too bad.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline BabblingBafoon

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 14:42:07 »
Waiting with bated breath. I will be getting both color variants. Soon please!! Also, glad you are going PBT instead of ABS on GMK.

Offline Swishy

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 15:11:12 »
Wait this set just got more goated love the darker alphas

Offline MadBinton

• 40/45/65/75% user
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 15:12:51 »
Nice!

Love the colors. Looking forward to the GB.

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 22:35:29 »
Really accessible gradient colorway. Prefer the second set of Alphas. Are there any risks with dye sub with such light alphas and dark keys?

Offline Nqrwhql

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 16:34:57 »
Really accessible gradient colorway. Prefer the second set of Alphas. Are there any risks with dye sub with such light alphas and dark keys?
Basin will go through reverse dye-sublimation which eliminates the risk of the light alphas on dark keys.

Offline hottnucks

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 23:11:02 »
I like the Base Kit but I also like the Adriatic Kit. Any chance for making the Adriatic Kit a complete base kit? Or perhaps adding a mods only kit for those that want 2 complete sets?

Offline Vintage

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 24 July 2021, 18:49:42 »
Adriatic set looks awesome, great work!

I like the Base Kit but I also like the Adriatic Kit. Any chance for making the Adriatic Kit a complete base kit? Or perhaps adding a mods only kit for those that want 2 complete sets?

Also curious about this.
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline tobiasvl

• ISO 9995
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 13:16:23 »
Wow, definitely interested! I prefer Adriatic I think. Would be nice if I didn't have to buy the entire base kit to use it.

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 14:46:10 »
PBT, gradient set, blues and greens, Intl support.. I'm in.

Offline LordHaveMercy

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 21:12:14 »
Looks perfect enough! I'd go ahead and set a tentative GB start date if I were Nqrwhql...

But I know you probably want to make novelties, so... fine. I'll wait, lol.

Offline kspark324

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 22:59:14 »
Wow, definitely interested! I prefer Adriatic I think. Would be nice if I didn't have to buy the entire base kit to use it.
Same, wish Adriatic was a complete base kit.

Offline Nqrwhql

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 22:19:00 »
Looks perfect enough! I'd go ahead and set a tentative GB start date if I were Nqrwhql...

But I know you probably want to make novelties, so... fine. I'll wait, lol.

Same, wish Adriatic was a complete base kit.

We decided that we will make a mods-only kit for those interested in just the Adriatic. However, everyone who is interested in both kits can buy both the base and Adriatic kits.

Offline eljudio42

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 23:07:49 »
I really love this colourway. Would a uniform profile or even KAT be considered in the future if this does well?

Offline Nqrwhql

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 20:25:18 »
I really love this colourway. Would a uniform profile or even KAT be considered in the future if this does well?
If this set does really well we can consider rerunning it with another manufacturer.

Offline Daesya

• 💜 purple supremacy 💜
    • social mediass
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 11:51:40 »
A blue colorway that doesn't look like the 9999+ other ones that have been done before ! Nicely done  :thumb:

Offline Lenux

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 20:28:07 »
Oh the blue, amazing.

Offline KrakenkapTeam

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 22:06:56 »
It's my taste 😆😆😆😆😆