Author Topic: What mice do you use?  (Read 397050 times)

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
Re: What mice do you use?
« Reply #650 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 16:14:19 »
Just got a Ducky Secret.

Best mouse ever. Seriously, far better than Zowie's build quality and zero frills.
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #651 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 17:07:07 »
Just got a Ducky Secret.

Show Image

Best mouse ever. Seriously, far better than Zowie's build quality and zero frills.

But what about dat plastic on the side? Doesn't it annoy you?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #652 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 17:17:43 »
G900 performs better than most wired mice I've used, and I'm a real mouse perfectionist, more so than keyboards. :p
it *can* be used wired too, and gain a slight boost in performance, but it isn't much (1-2 ms iirc better response time overall) because it performs so damn well wireless.

having no cable drag is pretty fantastic too.

Can you compare it to some other mouse? I'm really curious. The sweet spot still is the Avior 7000 for me personally.

I've got G502 and G303 to compare it to, but have had Avior 7000 as well.
the Avior is a well-built mouse, but the G900 isn't far off, just has a diff construction which might confuse some people (buttons are quite loose, due to shell design meant to give you the least resistance possible).

if you're talking about performance, G900 feels snappier and better even in wireless mode. :p

the butt is a bit heavy though, likely due to battery being placed there.
I can totally see why some people have already removed battery and use it wired only. should be an amazing mouse like that.
if only it was available at 1/2 of price and wired :|

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #653 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 17:20:16 »
G900 performs better than most wired mice I've used, and I'm a real mouse perfectionist, more so than keyboards. :p
it *can* be used wired too, and gain a slight boost in performance, but it isn't much (1-2 ms iirc better response time overall) because it performs so damn well wireless.

Can you compare it to some other mouse? I'm really curious. The sweet spot still is the Avior 7000 for me personally.

the Avior is a well-built mouse, but the G900 isn't far off, just has a diff construction which might confuse some people (buttons are quite loose, due to shell design meant to give you the least resistance possible).

Yeah.. those buttons look weird. But I can image they are really awesome once you get used to it.

if you're talking about performance, G900 feels snappier and better even in wireless mode. :p

Makes me curious... For me, the 3310 is best EVAAH. But people have already pointed out to me that the 3310 is not necessarily great and has smoothing.

I can totally see why some people have already removed battery and use it wired only. should be an amazing mouse like that.

I like heavy butts :P But I like heavy mouse, so that would be fine for me.

Yeah, the price is really steep on the G900. Perhaps it really IS worth it. I couldn't find ONE negative review of this mouse, not even on hardforum or OC.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #654 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 17:34:02 »

Yeah.. those buttons look weird. But I can image they are really awesome once you get used to it.

Makes me curious... For me, the 3310 is best EVAAH. But people have already pointed out to me that the 3310 is not necessarily great and has smoothing.

I like heavy butts :P But I like heavy mouse, so that would be fine for me.

Yeah, the price is really steep on the G900. Perhaps it really IS worth it. I couldn't find ONE negative review of this mouse, not even on hardforum or OC.

I don't think there is anything really negative to say about it... what's "bad" to me, is really just personal preference things.
the measurable performance and performance feel when using it is just Da Bes, simply put.
I'm still debating getting one but it is a LOT for a mouse, even if it might be ~the ultimate~. I just don't care for the wireless part so it feels dumb to pay extra for it.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #655 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 17:35:47 »
I don't think there is anything really negative to say about it... what's "bad" to me, is really just personal preference things.
the measurable performance and performance feel when using it is just Da Bes, simply put.
I'm still debating getting one but it is a LOT for a mouse, even if it might be ~the ultimate~. I just don't care for the wireless part so it feels dumb to pay extra for it.

It's even more expensive than a KUL. As a matter of fact, this mouse is the Topre under the mice.

I feel more like this G900 is what the G502 should've been. Just give me this damm mouse with a cable and I'm sooo happy.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #656 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 17:38:16 »

It's even more expensive than a KUL. As a matter of fact, this mouse is the Topre under the mice.

I feel more like this G900 is what the G502 should've been. Just give me this damm mouse with a cable and I'm sooo happy.

G502 performance-wise is actually better than wireless G900, but not by much.
I think the G502 is a good mouse with unfortunately some major flaws for me personally (shape being #1), and feet shape.
otherwise I'd probably keep using it.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #657 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 17:39:17 »

I think the G502 is a good mouse with unfortunately some major flaws for me personally (shape being #1), and feet shape.

Yeah I know what you are saying. I felt the G502 in a shop recently and it felt... well... not for me. Too bad... I want a mouse with the flawless 3366 soo bad. But too many sacrifices for me personally to justify buying the G502. Shame, really.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #658 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 17:41:49 »
Well, it looks like my DA Black is finally dying (no more drag and drop - it releases and picks up randomly, but single clicks still work).  If I unplug and re plug it in, it will work for a couple seconds then go right back.  I thought it may be that I don't use Razers software, so I tried loading that up, but I can't even drag the sliders within the program.  Plugged in a 99 cent wireless mouse that I picked up as an add-on to have for my htpc and it works fine. 

Any recommendations for a $20 to $30 mouse?  I was looking at the MX Anywhere 2, but it looks a touch small.  I also like the shape of the M705.  I don't need wireless, just thought it would be a nice change of pace.  Most of my gaming is done with a controller, and when I do game with a mouse it is Diablo or Starcraft.  I really like have thumb buttons for page foward/back in chrome or when going through photos. 

Thanks.
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #659 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 17:41:59 »

Yeah I know what you are saying. I felt the G502 in a shop recently and it felt... well... not for me. Too bad... I want a mouse with the flawless 3366 soo bad. But too many sacrifices for me personally to justify buying the G502. Shame, really.

;)

G900 is the mouse for you it sounds like!

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #660 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 17:42:24 »

I went from a logitech m570 to the g502. I'm liking it so far but I don't have much to compare it to.
Biking is fun.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #661 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 17:43:08 »

I went from a logitech m570 to the g502. I'm liking it so far but I don't have much to compare it to.

Wait.. you moved AWAY from the trackball? How come?

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #662 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 17:46:24 »

Gaming. It was fine for elite dangerous which is mostly a flight sim but FPS games were less fun. I still use the m570 for some games like Civ 5 and elite dangerous.
Biking is fun.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #663 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 17:47:41 »

Gaming. It was fine for elite dangerous which is mostly a flight sim but FPS games were less fun. I still use the m570 for some games like Civ 5 and elite dangerous.

Respect that you can game with a trackball. I really feel handicapped while using one. I've once tried it for a week or so but I never got used to it.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #664 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 17:50:13 »

Respect that you can game with a trackball. I really feel handicapped while using one. I've once tried it for a week or so but I never got used to it.

Yeah, for some games it is great but for others it is pretty crap. The m570 also suffers from a lack of buttons. I wish that there were more thumb ball mouse options.
Biking is fun.

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #665 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 18:35:59 »
I have an M570 and i like using it for when i am doing orders for work etc.  But basically...

For most gaming/general use: Logitech G602
For Twitch/fast gaming: Tek Syndicate Standard issue (on occasion i put my Deathadder Chroma into service also)
For Long periods of work: M570 for comfort
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #666 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 22:01:00 »

;)

G900 is the mouse for you it sounds like!

Wholeheartedly AGREE.  Get yourself a G900 and know what a superior input device feels like, whether it's on the battlefield or in any boardroom  :thumb: .

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #667 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 22:21:43 »
Just got a Ducky Secret.

Show Image

Jesus Christ, no, nope.

At first, I was one of the people who thought rubber grips and rubberized coating were something nice, but when I saw what happened with my Steelseries Rival White as well as with other mice I have after some time, I'm thanking god and heavens for what Ducky did.

My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #668 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 01:06:47 »
Just got a Ducky Secret.

Show Image

Jesus Christ, no, nope.

At first, I was one of the people who thought rubber grips and rubberized coating were something nice, but when I saw what happened with my Steelseries Rival White as well as with other mice I have after some time, I'm thanking god and heavens for what Ducky did.

Show Image

I agree Ducky Secret is the RIGHT DIRECTION for mouse-nology..

However, After experiencing 70grams..  I'm weary of the heavy punch...

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #669 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 01:38:56 »
Just got a Ducky Secret.

Show Image

Jesus Christ, no, nope.

Show Image

I agree Ducky Secret is the RIGHT DIRECTION for mouse-nology..

However, After experiencing 70grams..  I'm weary of the heavy punch...

Show Image

aye. I for sure miss having lightweight mice.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #670 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 01:59:50 »
Well, it looks like my DA Black is finally dying (no more drag and drop - it releases and picks up randomly, but single clicks still work).  If I unplug and re plug it in, it will work for a couple seconds then go right back.  I thought it may be that I don't use Razers software, so I tried loading that up, but I can't even drag the sliders within the program.  Plugged in a 99 cent wireless mouse that I picked up as an add-on to have for my htpc and it works fine. 

you can try and fix it, but you'd have to open the mouse and open up the switch..
it's really not hard to do, but maybe a little bit tedious. and it requires you to remove all 3 feet, so it's risky if you don't have a spare set.
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #671 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 02:11:12 »

you can try and fix it, but you'd have to open the mouse and open up the switch..
it's really not hard to do, but maybe a little bit tedious. and it requires you to remove all 3 feet, so it's risky if you don't have a spare set.
I actually have a bag of spare switces that I picked up when I replaced all the switches in my Anker ergo mouse.  I will give it a go.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Bucake

« Reply #672 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 02:40:53 »

I actually have a bag of spare switces that I picked up when I replaced all the switches in my Anker ergo mouse.  I will give it a go.

ah, awesome :-)

you could also just open the switch and then mess with the leaf a bit, but that's the tedious bit.
if you think soldering in a new one is less of a hassle then that would probably be an even better fix :-)

would be a waste to stop using that DA if it's only the switch that's failing. it's a common problem with a relatively easy fix.
anyway, hopefully that fixes it, because afaik the DA:BE is one of those great discontinued mice
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #673 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 00:08:05 »
That Ducky Secret doesn't look bad but given the side-by-side with the Razer, unless it's really tall, it's probably too small for me.  I've clung to my Logitech G5 since most mice just feel smaller.  Tried the Razer DA with no luck so was looking at a Zowie EC1-A or Steelseries Rival 300.  Both seem large enough.  Just that both seem to have other problems right now.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #674 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 19:18:18 »
Just got a Ducky Secret.

Show Image

Jesus Christ, no, nope.

Show Image

Holy smokes that really IS terrible!

How long do you own that mouse now? My Avior of 2 years doesn't show the slightest sign of wear on the rubber, except for some grease which I can remove.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #675 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 19:19:56 »
That Ducky Secret doesn't look bad but given the side-by-side with the Razer, unless it's really tall, it's probably too small for me.  I've clung to my Logitech G5 since most mice just feel smaller.  Tried the Razer DA with no luck so was looking at a Zowie EC1-A or Steelseries Rival 300.  Both seem large enough.  Just that both seem to have other problems right now.

The Logitech G5 is an awesome mouse!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #676 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 22:21:05 »

The G900 is way better and I still have about four G5's in storage.  Trust me the G900 is just unbelievably brilliant, compared to all the older models ever released by Logitech.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #677 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 03:15:35 »

I'll admit the G5 is the prettiest iteration of that line..

But I'm not on board with lazers..

Offline gorillionaire

• really gorilly
« Reply #678 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 13:34:41 »
g900 is on my list i want a wired version though

Offline Bucake

« Reply #679 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 13:50:33 »
you can use the G900 wired, but in that case you'd be overpaying :-)

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #680 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 12:47:55 »

The G900 is way better and I still have about four G5's in storage.  Trust me the G900 is just unbelievably brilliant, compared to all the older models ever released by Logitech.

Is it ambidextrous?  I was looking around at it and it looks it from Logitech's site.  I'm wanting to go as vertical as possible in a gaming mouse these days.  Easier on the forearm, though foam rolling the hell out of it has helped.  Still, I'd prefer to go a bit more ergonomic if I can.

Also, dat price.  I'm not huge on wireless mice so it would honestly remain plugged in 100% of the time.  That or I'd never plug it in until it died or put up some kind of annoying reminder to be recharged.  $150 seems like overkill for a wired mouse.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #681 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 15:47:13 »
yeah G900 is ambidextrous

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #682 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 00:20:43 »
yeah G900 is ambidextrous

$150 saved.  At least that's an easy call.

Offline gorillionaire

• really gorilly
« Reply #683 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 06:19:53 »

PREACH!

Offline robotmaxtron

« Reply #684 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 23:01:59 »
Another MX Master Mouse user here. Only complaint really is that the gesture support isn't compatible with Linux (I use Fedora as a daily driver both for work and home use) though I find the thumb based switch kind of hard to use anyway, so I don't suspect I'm missing out on much anyway.

I also use a Death Adder 2013, though I suspect that I'll replace it in the near future as well with something that's either 1) supported by libratbag or 2) is driverless and dpi adjustments can be made at the mouse level via a switch.

Offline chx

« Reply #685 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 23:31:40 »
Evoluent. I had used their 3rd and 4th generation but they are not happy with travelling and too expensive to die on me so I bought a batch of 2nd gen, they are just fine. I can't even imagine using anything else, I need a vertical mouse to pair with my vertical Matias Ergo Pro.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #686 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 05:21:15 »
Evoluent. I had used their 3rd and 4th generation but they are not happy with travelling and too expensive to die on me so I bought a batch of 2nd gen, they are just fine. I can't even imagine using anything else, I need a vertical mouse to pair with my vertical Matias Ergo Pro.

I too think the evoluent is the way to go..

I saw the generic, non branded version on Ebay for $20

I plan to get it and splice a WMO into it.

Offline noway

« Reply #687 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 13:47:07 »

If I wanted to try a version 2,  is there a Windows 7 64-bit driver available?  According to below, chart says 3rd party:

http://www.ergocanada.com/products/mice/vertical_mice/evoluent/verticalmouse/compatibility/evoluent_vm_compatibility.html

If I had to use a version 4, why doesn't it travel as well...is it not as rugged?
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 May 2016, 13:58:36 by noway »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #688 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 13:55:01 »

If I wanted to try one,  is there a Windows 7 64-bit driver available?

There's nothing good about the evoluent mouse , except the shape of the mouse.

You want to get it, gut it, and put in a different mouse..

Offline Marizen

« Reply #689 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 11:48:28 »
I ditched my Diamondback and started using my G303 again. Just can't get over them light (but still solid) clicks, the weight, and that sensor. I like the shape a little more too I think. It's more raised so my hand doesn't cramp up.

Knowing me I'll probably switch again in a month or so.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #690 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 13:39:37 »
I ditched my Diamondback and started using my G303 again. Just can't get over them light (but still solid) clicks, the weight, and that sensor. I like the shape a little more too I think. It's more raised so my hand doesn't cramp up.

G100S.. Best Mouse Ever...

Offline Marizen

« Reply #691 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 16:49:39 »

Show Image

I've always wanted one, but I like how the G303 gets skinny near the front. Makes it really easy to pull back.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #692 on: Thu, 05 May 2016, 18:49:47 »

Show Image

I've always wanted one, but I like how the G303 gets skinny near the front. Makes it really easy to pull back.

Moving the mouse is no trouble,  the g100s is <70grams..  the slight contact-friction between your skin and the mouse is enough to move the mouse anywhere..

Offline Bucake

« Reply #693 on: Fri, 06 May 2016, 01:44:14 »
especially in the US, you can find the G100s incredibly cheap. and the shape isn't that much different from the G303, most find it to be more comfortable actually.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #694 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 01:25:02 »
G100s shape is a lot better, rounded top and all.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #695 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 01:46:52 »
I haven't realised how heavy the Intellimouse 1.1 is compared to a lot of mice, this thing weighs 147G, compared to a g100s, this is a piece of lead.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #696 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 02:29:10 »
I haven't realised how heavy the Intellimouse 1.1 is compared to a lot of mice, this thing weighs 147G, compared to a g100s, this is a piece of lead.

147?

is this the intellimouse or the intellimouse explorer.

Offline Abefyren

« Reply #697 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 02:50:54 »
I'm using a Mionix Avior 8200.
Currently thinking about replacing it with a Mionix Castor.

Offline henkdevries013

« Reply #698 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 07:10:45 »
Currently using a Logitech G700s for my gaming needs and a Logitech M570 tracking ball for my other computer work.

Using a tracking ball for gaming isn't really my thing. (I usually play League of Legends) Thinks like orbwalking are fine with the ball but moving the camera around the map is awful.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #699 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 18:23:50 »

147?

is this the intellimouse or the intellimouse explorer.
Microsoft Intellimouse 1.1, microsoft has a pdf with all the information about the mouse.