Author Topic: [GB] GMK Oblivion V2 - CONCLUDED  (Read 164236 times)

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion V2 - Group buy LIVE on Drop.com
« Reply #350 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 20:36:08 »
This would be my first GB over drop (as the set, especially git is superb  :thumb:) - so there is no way to get this sent from GMK instead of shipping it from germany to the us and back ? ... which would be ... just sensless and ridiculous :(

The set would need to be sold through a EU vendor or be shipped from within EU by Drop itself after they collected VAT. GMK couldn't just send it to you as no VAT would have been collected on that item. The shipping from EU part is being developed currently by Drop, they've opened a EU warehouse (or probably contracted a logistics company rather) from which they are starting to ship single SKU products. It remains to be seen if this will be expanded towards more complex drops where sorting orders is required.

No more EU warehouse for now.
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/eaqz6y/dropcom_will_be_shutting_down_its_euwarehouse_for/

Update for Oblivion:
Due to a shortage of material, the Hello, World! keycap will be produced at a later time when GMK receives more resin. Those are estimated to ship out to customers late January or early February. This affects both the Regular Base Kit as well as the Git Base Kit, so Git Base Kit purchasers, please do not be alarmed when you find your misaligned Hello, World! keycap - you will get a replacement as well. To be clear, you will receive a replacement Hello, World! keycap for each Regular Base Kit or Git Base Kit you purchased. For instance, if you bought one of each, you will get two replacement keycaps. Bought two Git Base? You'll get two replacement keycaps. One Regular? One replacement.

Does this mean that the get base sets are shipping out from gmk?

Yes, the Git Base Kits and the Git Fix Kits (excludes the "Hello, World!" key) are shipping out from GMK to our warehouse in New Jersey.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion V2 - CLOSED - Partially shipping - Update on Page 7
« Reply #351 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 20:45:03 »
Which keys were added to the non-Assembly bases after the GB ended? I don't see it mentioned here, but there is a mention on Drop, except I can't find what keys exactly. Thanks in advance

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #352 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 11:07:48 »
I got my shipping notification today.

Offline msting

• Don't Panic!
« Reply #353 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 13:42:49 »
Me too!
So Fedex should have it here by spring.

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #354 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 14:41:15 »
Me too!

I'm sure we should have them at least before the corrected "hello world" caps get shipped next year in February. 😀

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #355 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 14:59:31 »
Me too!

This is so fun. Imagine us living in the EU. Just got my shipping notification and I feel the same...

Offline badboy731

« Reply #356 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 15:05:50 »
Oh crap just got tracking! cant wait
E7-V1 | TGR Jane v2 CE | HBCP | GSKT-00 | Raine | AOS

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #357 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 15:09:18 »
Which keys were added to the non-Assembly bases after the GB ended? I don't see it mentioned here, but there is a mention on Drop, except I can't find what keys exactly. Thanks in advance

I poked around last night and also couldn’t find them. I remember well the metropolis extras because I liked them and the Dracula ones because I didn’t, but I’m not sure I ever saw them for oblivion

Offline jobest06

« Reply #358 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 16:07:50 »
how much duties/taxes should we expect? asking fellow torontonians

Offline lirtle

« Reply #359 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 20:06:55 »
Damn! Just got my order but Drop forgot to include my 2nd base kit. Wish me luck with customer service

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #360 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 21:58:29 »
Yeah this whole mix up got me worried as to how my kits will be shipped. I ordered GIT base, Oblivion cadet, & hagoromo cadet. Hopefully they all ship at the same time even with the delay, as I would rather wait for everything at once than have my order messed up. Although Drop better come through with a $10 or $20 voucher for the delays as we are already pushing a two month delay for everyone & us GIT base buyers got even more waiting to do. Supposedly the corrected keys other than the "Hello World" key have been made & should be on their way to Drop already, but I'll be damn surprised if us GIT base buyers see our set before the year rolls over.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 December 2019, 22:02:07 by Rob27shred »

« Reply #361 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 06:51:13 »
Any chances for assembly kit extras?

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #362 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 07:51:04 »

Most likely the extras will be sold on drop's re-cap drop. just request it and be ready :thumb:
https://drop.com/buy/capatoa-keycap-explosion

Offline eksuen

« Reply #363 on: Sun, 22 December 2019, 00:04:38 »
Yeah this whole mix up got me worried as to how my kits will be shipped. I ordered GIT base, Oblivion cadet, & hagoromo cadet. Hopefully they all ship at the same time even with the delay, as I would rather wait for everything at once than have my order messed up. Although Drop better come through with a $10 or $20 voucher for the delays as we are already pushing a two month delay for everyone & us GIT base buyers got even more waiting to do. Supposedly the corrected keys other than the "Hello World" key have been made & should be on their way to Drop already, but I'll be damn surprised if us GIT base buyers see our set before the year rolls over.
All orders that included Git Base were held until the Git Fix Kit was finished. Your entire order will ship together with the Git Fix kit included. The replacement "Hello, World!" keycaps will be shipped to you separately next year. You will not be receiving a voucher.

Yes, there will be extras.

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #364 on: Sun, 22 December 2019, 02:32:00 »
Damn no voucher rip

Offline fedemito

« Reply #365 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 02:50:21 »
Any news on git base kits?

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #366 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 04:32:43 »
All orders that included Git Base were held until the Git Fix Kit was finished. Your entire order will ship together with the Git Fix kit included. The replacement "Hello, World!" keycaps will be shipped to you separately next year. You will not be receiving a voucher.

Sounds about right for you guys nowadays.... Why would you do anything to apologize to paying customers for the product being over 2 months late at this point? I mean that would be just crazy right? :rolleyes:

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
« Reply #367 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 04:56:36 »

Sounds about right for you guys nowadays.... Why would you do anything to apologize to paying customers for the product being over 2 months late at this point? I mean that would be just crazy right? :rolleyes:

While I appreciate having a voucher from Drop, I don’t think it is our right to receive them.

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #368 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 05:06:36 »

While I appreciate having a voucher from Drop, I don’t think it is our right to receive them.

You are misunderstanding my stance. I don't think we are entitled to them either, but that it is just good business to do something to apologize to customers for delays. Also this is something Drop would always do in the past in a situation like this, so it's not unprecedented. Anyways they can do as they please, I just think it's a hugely bad look for them to say "eh 2 months late, no big deal, no need to placate customers".
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 December 2019, 05:33:27 by Rob27shred »

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #369 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 06:25:20 »
Got mine!  Set looks great.  I am more than happy to trade 2 months that it was "late" in order for it to be right.  Thank you for making sure it looked right.  I'm also happy we have Massdrop to depend on.
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #370 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 06:55:01 »
Got mine!  Set looks great.  I am more than happy to trade 2 months that it was "late" in order for it to be right.  Thank you for making sure it looked right.  I'm also happy we have Massdrop to depend on.

I'd be more than happy to trade a delay for a proper product also, problem is the original 2 month delay had nothing to do with the issues Oblotzky thankfully caught on the GIT bases.

Offline eksuen

« Reply #371 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 15:41:32 »

You are misunderstanding my stance. I don't think we are entitled to them either, but that it is just good business to do something to apologize to customers for delays. Also this is something Drop would always do in the past in a situation like this, so it's not unprecedented. Anyways they can do as they please, I just think it's a hugely bad look for them to say "eh 2 months late, no big deal, no need to placate customers".
How many other vendors give you a voucher when delays occur? We used to give out vouchers and people would still complain. All it did was create a learned behavior without a notable upside: customers expect vouchers for delays and still criticize (Mass)Drop. It's a group buy. Delays happen. If we add too much buffer for fulfillment, people complain about the ship date being so far off without the consideration that we could fulfill early. This also has the added effect of scaring off potential participants because they don't want to wait X months. If we estimate more realistically, even a small hiccup can sometimes derail the timeline. People then complain about the delay. People complain about it in either case, so I don't know what to tell you.

I'd be more than happy to trade a delay for a proper product also, problem is the original 2 month delay had nothing to do with the issues Oblotzky thankfully caught on the GIT bases.
You're right, it didn't. The initial delay was due to the sheer size of the order. GMK was at capacity and could not fulfill based on the original timeline. Nobody anticipated how well Oblivion would sell. Unfortunate, but not the worst problem to have. GMK is working to increase production capacity, so hopefully this is less of an issue going forward.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #372 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 17:21:05 »

Are you actually concerned about how they look or do you want free credit?

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #373 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 17:59:16 »

Yes I am concerned how they look to customers, but not for their own sake. I'm obviously not a fan of Drop & am not gonna pretend I am, but with a lot of keycap sets being ran exclusively through them I do buy certain items from that I won't be able to get elsewhere. So it would definitely make me feel better about making future purchase through them if they made some attempt to apologize for the fact the set was two months late for everyone & still counting for us GIT base buyers.

Really this isn't even about a voucher, cause TBH as little as I buy through Drop mine would expire before I get to use it (I only buy MKB related items that are exclusive to Drop through them). It's more about the lack of communication & lack of care the seem to show for their customers. Do you think it is a coincidence Eksuen is saying no matter what they do customers complain? I mean considering Oblivion sold way more than they ever expected, you'd think they would've said right at the end of the Drop the timeline will most likely be extended due to the overwhelming amounts of orders. Also this is not an isolated incident, Drop has a pretty long history of long delays, shipping issues (look to the SA Godspeed GB for a shining example of this), lost orders, ect.

Anyways all that said, all I really want at this point is my order from this GB without any more headaches from it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 December 2019, 18:01:28 by Rob27shred »

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #374 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 18:54:50 »

Yes I am concerned how they look to customers, but not for their own sake. I'm obviously not a fan of Drop & am not gonna pretend I am, but with a lot of keycap sets being ran exclusively through them I do buy certain items from that I won't be able to get elsewhere. So it would definitely make me feel better about making future purchase through them if they made some attempt to apologize for the fact the set was two months late for everyone & still counting for us GIT base buyers.

Really this isn't even about a voucher, cause TBH as little as I buy through Drop mine would expire before I get to use it (I only buy MKB related items that are exclusive to Drop through them). It's more about the lack of communication & lack of care the seem to show for their customers. Do you think it is a coincidence Eksuen is saying no matter what they do customers complain? I mean considering Oblivion sold way more than they ever expected, you'd think they would've said right at the end of the Drop the timeline will most likely be extended due to the overwhelming amounts of orders. Also this is not an isolated incident, Drop has a pretty long history of long delays, shipping issues (look to the SA Godspeed GB for a shining example of this), lost orders, ect.

Anyways all that said, all I really want at this point is my order from this GB without any more headaches from it.

Man, very nice of you to hate Drop so much, but also be so concerned about their reputation.

Offline eksuen

« Reply #375 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 20:10:23 »

Look at it from the flip side. You're certainly not a fence-sitter, as you've already stated you're not a fan. You buy from us begrudgingly because we have exclusive offerings, which, at the end of the day, you can be certain you will receive or your money back (so there's minimal risk of losing your money). Voucher or no voucher, delay or no delay, is any of that really going to change your mind about us? Do we really have an incentive to appease you?

I would argue yes, because while you are only an individual, what is the community but a multitude of individuals? Other powers that be may argue otherwise. More often than not, I get overruled, and the constant complaints as if we can do no good really don't help my case. That doesn't mean change can't happen, but it'll certainly be a lot slower. Consider this: I've been an employee for a little over a year, but I've been a Massdrop customer since 2014 and a GH user since mid-2015. That they would hire an enthusiast from the community, and an opinionated one at that, says they do care. It just may not be evident to the community. It's easy to focus on the things we do poorly, and I get it. We won't improve all that much if we don't acknowledge our shortcomings, but cut us some slack from time to time, yeah? We really aren't out to screw the community (I have a vested interest not to do so). This one (Oblivion) is hardly our fault, but yes, communication can be better. That part is fair. I hope you stick around to see that we are indeed listening and trying to do better.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 December 2019, 20:12:23 by eksuen@Drop »

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #376 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 23:38:02 »
Is there actually any useful information? Any eta on the missing keys?

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #377 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 23:45:53 »
Uh, is it just me or do other people have a whole mix of different height/shaped keys? My QWER is taller than my TYI, which are higher than U and O... and that's just one line. They all seem to be seated right too, so I don't think it's that. Also, keys have all different shapes and curvatures... this isn't normal right? For example the F has a far deeper curve than the D next to it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 December 2019, 23:48:24 by vision-quest »

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #378 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 00:44:00 »
this thread is certainly not making me feel good about the bunch of gmk sets i have purchased in the past few months. at least with massdrop you can get your money back, with other vendors fuhgeddaboudit

« Reply #379 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 01:20:48 »
Haven’t had a problem yet with GMK. SA, yes, but Kono fixed it for me.

Open up your group buys and count your caps when you get them.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #380 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 01:34:10 »
Uh, is it just me or do other people have a whole mix of different height/shaped keys? My QWER is taller than my TYI, which are higher than U and O... and that's just one line. They all seem to be seated right too, so I don't think it's that. Also, keys have all different shapes and curvatures... this isn't normal right? For example the F has a far deeper curve than the D next to it.

My qwerty row is all the same height.  That sounds strange.  Are you possibly using a hotswap board and the switches aren't all the way in?

The F key is a "deep dish" or "scooped" homing key.  It's supposed to be that way.  The J should be the same.  There is also an F and J key included that match the curvature but have a bar on them so that you can feel them without looking.  This is called a "barred" homing key.

I ordered a regular set, a monochrome set, hagoromo alphas, and an oblivion cadet set, so that's 4 sets of alphas.  None of mine seem to have the problem you are describing.  Wonder what the heck it could be.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 December 2019, 01:48:40 by pixelpusher »

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #381 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 02:26:43 »

My qwerty row is all the same height.  That sounds strange.  Are you possibly using a hotswap board and the switches aren't all the way in?

The F key is a "deep dish" or "scooped" homing key.  It's supposed to be that way.  The J should be the same.  There is also an F and J key included that match the curvature but have a bar on them so that you can feel them without looking.  This is called a "barred" homing key.

I ordered a regular set, a monochrome set, hagoromo alphas, and an oblivion cadet set, so that's 4 sets of alphas.  None of mine seem to have the problem you are describing.  Wonder what the heck it could be.

You're right, F and J both are as you described, and it turns out I didn't have them all pressed in the same amount. The ones that were taller required quite a hard push to get them to sit as low as the others, strange.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 December 2019, 02:28:58 by vision-quest »

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #382 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 03:40:03 »

Look at it from the flip side. You're certainly not a fence-sitter, as you've already stated you're not a fan. You buy from us begrudgingly because we have exclusive offerings, which, at the end of the day, you can be certain you will receive or your money back (so there's minimal risk of losing your money). Voucher or no voucher, delay or no delay, is any of that really going to change your mind about us? Do we really have an incentive to appease you?

I would argue yes, because while you are only an individual, what is the community but a multitude of individuals? Other powers that be may argue otherwise. More often than not, I get overruled, and the constant complaints as if we can do no good really don't help my case. That doesn't mean change can't happen, but it'll certainly be a lot slower. Consider this: I've been an employee for a little over a year, but I've been a Massdrop customer since 2014 and a GH user since mid-2015. That they would hire an enthusiast from the community, and an opinionated one at that, says they do care. It just may not be evident to the community. It's easy to focus on the things we do poorly, and I get it. We won't improve all that much if we don't acknowledge our shortcomings, but cut us some slack from time to time, yeah? We really aren't out to screw the community (I have a vested interest not to do so). This one (Oblivion) is hardly our fault, but yes, communication can be better. That part is fair. I hope you stick around to see that we are indeed listening and trying to do better.

> Down to earth, centered person

> Good arguments and negotiation skills

> Keeb enthusiast that works at Drop

> EXPLOOOOOOSIONS

Fkin marry me ekusen you sweet talker
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 December 2019, 03:43:51 by Gondolindrim »
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #383 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 06:32:20 »

Honestly no a voucher won't change anything about how I feel about Drop, but it is something better than nothing to say "things didn't work out as planned, we'll try better next time". The delay I do realize is not 100% your fault, but you guys are the GB runners so you do assume some responsibility. To me the easiest way to keep things from getting to a point where people are complaining & looking for a pound of flesh to make themselves feel better over the way the GB went is to give frequent & preemptive updates, neither of which you guys do very well.

You have been a MD customer just about as long as I have so you know their history, why people are so quick to jump the gun when things go south, & why they get upset about it. So there really isn't a need to rehash any of that. Also you are right that there no risk of getting ripped off with Drop, but at the same time you guys can't 100% guarantee that someone will get the product they ordered. So having the issues I have personally had with my drop orders & seeing the issues other have had, IMHO you guys do have an uphill battle to make a decent portion of the community see Drop as more than just a place to grab certain MKB related items.

That said it is not impossible & speaking for myself all it would really take is better communication about what is going on with what GBs. You guys will go weeks without any updates on some GBs, then update that the fulfillment is delayed after the estimated shipping date has already passed, then promise an update on a certain day & don't update on that day. What are we supposed to think as customers? This a pattern that still continues even in this very GB, the last that was said about the GIT bases in the OblivionV2 discussion thread was that fulfillment for the GIT base orders should start on Dec.23rd. Yet it's been radio silence since then. See what I'm saying? Anyways I'm gonna leave off here because we have most likely reached an impasse between our views on Drop, like I said before at this point I just want my kits I ordered from this drop without any more headaches over it. I will say however I do appreciate you talking it out with me, vs arguing about it. The fact that Drop is hiring people like you out of the community is certainly a good thing that I hope improves on some the issues I pointed out.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 December 2019, 07:25:27 by Rob27shred »

Offline 8Z

• [?]
« Reply #384 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 09:08:47 »
Just received my kits, everything looks great :thumb:. On the off chance anyone has a spare RAMA Oblivion keycap or is willing to sell theirs, let me know the price in PMs!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #385 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 09:35:43 »
I see there is a **** ton of messages that i would like to avoid reading and i'm not aware of any drama going on around this set.
I have just a simple question, I bought the GIT and forgot about it, i see it's late for sure but there is any planned shipping date or nah?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #386 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 09:38:30 »
I see there is a **** ton of messages that i would like to avoid reading and i'm not aware of any drama going on around this set.
I have just a simple question, I bought the GIT and forgot about it, i see it's late for sure but there is any planned shipping date or nah?

This is what I asked and what I also want to know.

Offline xenotropic

« Reply #387 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 10:10:28 »

According to DROP a couple of weeks ago they're supposed to be receiving the corrected GIT kits late last week/early this week, and shipping them out with a fairly quick turn around. However they haven't posted any update about receiving them yet.

« Reply #388 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 11:51:13 »
Given the holidays I thought that was code for "early january." I think if drop had them we'd know.

Offline eksuen

« Reply #389 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 13:08:03 »

According to DROP a couple of weeks ago they're supposed to be receiving the corrected GIT kits late last week/early this week, and shipping them out with a fairly quick turn around. However they haven't posted any update about receiving them yet.

Given the holidays I thought that was code for "early january." I think if drop had them we'd know.

Timing was a bit unfortunate with this shipment with the holidays and all. We are still waiting for a status update from the warehouse after the holidays and I'll be back with an update when I have more information.

Offline eksuen

« Reply #390 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 13:58:07 »
UPDATE: The Git Fix kit shipment was finally received in our warehouse today. The delay was holiday related (e.g. fewer personnel, customs taking longer around Christmas, etc.). We will get them bundled with the Git Base and shipping should begin next week.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #391 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 14:49:46 »
Delays are fine, seems to happen with most gmk buys nowadays. Super cool to hear the keys are in

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #392 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 15:38:28 »
Great to hear.

For what its worth, I think Drop is doing a great job. Delays are part of the hobby and they are the only vendor that does price drops for exceeding MOQ.

For example, look at the price of the base kit for Dracula and Oblivion. There is a $15/$20 difference.

Offline thornkin

« Reply #393 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 18:53:14 »
Thanks for the update. Happy to hear they are on their way soon!

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #394 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 20:03:31 »
Delays happen, and I think most people in the community are used to them and fine with it. What gets people in a frenzy is no/little communication. If the communication can pick up in future buys I think you'll find everything goes a lot smoother, even if an update is just 'hey guys looks like it's going to take another X weeks longer - we'll keep you in the loop next time we here something'.

That being said, super excited to get my hands on some Oblivion!

Offline 8Z

• [?]
« Reply #395 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 10:09:02 »
The printing on one of the Meta keys looks a little funky now that I'm staring at it. Is this intended/the same on all units?

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
« Reply #396 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 10:10:08 »
The printing on one of the Meta keys looks a little funky now that I'm staring at it. Is this intended/the same on all units?
Show Image

That’s pretty sus

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #397 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 10:11:14 »
Show Image

Thanks for pointing it out. The M is also bold on my Space Cadet so it's an earlier issue, not introduced with Oblivion. I'll keep it in mind and see if we can get this one adjusted for future GMK projects.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #398 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 10:11:35 »
Show Image

Ew... That does not look clean

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #399 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 16:28:25 »
Show Image

Ew... That does not look clean

It's just a Bold Meta