Author Topic: [GB] PBT Transmutation GB over. Most sets will be made!  (Read 8740 times)

Offline Lazesummerstone

• ҠѤӋϚΔΡѕ
    • MY Keycap set - Transmutation
[GB] PBT Transmutation GB over. Most sets will be made!
« on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 01:32:02 »

Hello everyone! I'd like to introduce a magical keyset called TRANSMUTATION.

Thanks so much for the support I've received for this keyset. And thanks to all the people who contributed their knowledge and opinions during the Interest Check! Also thanks to Kono for jumping in and offering to get this thing made even when a lot of manufacturers and vendors balked at the huge amount of custom symbols.
This is something that I felt like the keyboard community needed, something that really could transform a keyboard into something otherworldly, magical, sinister, dark and mysterious. Or at the very least make your coworker point and say "What the heck is THAT?!"

The Group buy is OVER. But the vendor Kono bought a few sets themselves and will sell them until sold out!

Kono Store (US)

When:

The Group Buy will be live from March 22 to April 22, 2022.

Estimated production completion is Q3 2022.

Details:

Manufactured by Kono as part of the Kono Designer Series (KDS)
PBT plastic – high durability and shine resistance
Cherry profile Keycaps
Compatible with Cherry MX switches
Fade resistant dye-sublimated and reverse dye-sublimated legends
Deskmats: stitched edge, 900x400 mm, 3mm thick

Colors:

Pantone: PQ-454C / PQ-7764C / PQ-419C

Kits:

C O R E

L A T I N   M O D I F I E R S

L A T I N   A L P H A S

N O V E L T I E S

A D D   O N   K I T

N U M P A D

Matching Deskpads:

Renders:

STAY IN TOUCH!

Join my discord for any new/collabs/ideas that may be summoned: https://discord.gg/eFgmHFn8EA

If you’d like to transmute this set into existence, I offer up this banner.

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=116662.0][img width=399 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/gfcGLMs.jpg[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 May 2022, 00:21:10 by Lazesummerstone »

Offline nevin

Re: [GB] PBT Transmutation | GB is LIVE! March 22 - April 22
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 14:38:56 »
YES. more non-standard alpha legends please. as well as an ortho kit or enough 1Us to cover a 5x14 ortho please.
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68

Offline MattVortex

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 15:10:54 »
I am baffled by the kitting here... you've included R3 and R4 [\|], 1.25u Shift and R3 [#~] in the base kit, and various keys in the addition kit for UK ISO support, but there's no ISO enter in any kit?

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 18:02:11 »
I am baffled by the kitting here... you've included R3 and R4 [\|], 1.25u Shift and R3 [#~] in the base kit, and various keys in the addition kit for UK ISO support, but there's no ISO enter in any kit?
I was about to ask the same thing, where is the iso enter?

Offline Lazesummerstone

• ҠѤӋϚΔΡѕ
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 19:08:26 »
I was about to ask the same thing, where is the iso enter?

Yeah in order to get this made, I had to give up a few things, and the Iso enter key was the big one. The place doing the manufacturing couldn't make it work. Other manu's that might be able to do it were not willing to tackle this set. Not sure what their reasons were though (probably too many custom things?)
But all in all the kitting is the way it is to be able to get it done, and not to keep the prices low and not astronomical as they could have ended up being.  ;D

Offline andromache

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 19:31:32 »
I love how interesting, unique, and unusual this set is!! I definitely think that we need more of this sort of project in the community!!

I saw on the IC that there's been a proto/sample made, right? Will there be more photos of the sample shared before GB end? Since this is a new/unknown manu, I'm a little hesitant to buy in without seeing more about the actual product quality.

Offline Lazesummerstone

• ҠѤӋϚΔΡѕ
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 20:25:13 »
I love how interesting, unique, and unusual this set is!! I definitely think that we need more of this sort of project in the community!!

I saw on the IC that there's been a proto/sample made, right? Will there be more photos of the sample shared before GB end? Since this is a new/unknown manu, I'm a little hesitant to buy in without seeing more about the actual product quality.

Oh that's a very good point! I'll mention it to the people at Kono and see if they'll arrange a photoshoot of the samples. The pics of samples I've seen are all quickly taken on an iphone, so I think I could probably convince someone to take some nicer shots (or send them to me and I'll take em?) 

Offline wz89

• New to the rabbithole
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 23 March 2022, 02:02:35 »

Oh that's a very good point! I'll mention it to the people at Kono and see if they'll arrange a photoshoot of the samples. The pics of samples I've seen are all quickly taken on an iphone, so I think I could probably convince someone to take some nicer shots (or send them to me and I'll take em?)

No joke, if they need someone to come take the photos, I have a camera and some lighting equipment and I just found out I live super close to their warehouses. I'd be willing to go

Offline Lazesummerstone

• ҠѤӋϚΔΡѕ
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 29 March 2022, 17:14:01 »

They did it!

Hooray! The people at Kono put a keyboard together and now took some photos with some of the sample keys they received from the Manu. I think it actually looks pretty crisp!
You can see more samples in the gallery on the GB page HERE

Offline Lazesummerstone

• ҠѤӋϚΔΡѕ
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 31 March 2022, 01:47:20 »
By request I rendered up what it'd look like to have Latin Alphas AND mods (because for some reason I didn't have a combo of both of them)!
I'm using a font that is very reminiscent of indie horror movies.

Offline Lazesummerstone

• ҠѤӋϚΔΡѕ
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 11 April 2022, 23:21:48 »
Potential box design... although maybe it needs to be dark background? I'm still undecided..

Less then 2 weeks left on this thing!

I really hope that it can make MOQ!

If you know anyone who's going to make a movie about a Goth hacker please tell them about this keycap set!   ;)

Offline Raspizdyay

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 13 April 2022, 00:49:14 »
I jumped on this set faster than any other.  The function row moon cycle is one of the most unique and thematic design choices I've seen around. 

Offline Lazesummerstone

• ҠѤӋϚΔΡѕ
Re: [GB] PBT Transmutation | FINAL WEEK! Ends April 22
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 19 April 2022, 22:44:19 »
I jumped on this set faster than any other.  The function row moon cycle is one of the most unique and thematic design choices I've seen around. 

Thanks so much! Yeah I just tried to design a keyset that I would want to use and an aesthetic that I thought was interesting. Thank you so much for the support!

Offline Lazesummerstone

• ҠѤӋϚΔΡѕ
Re: [GB] PBT Transmutation | FINAL DAY!
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 13:54:34 »
I should probably mention that today is the final day to enter the group buy over at Konostore!
---- (HERE'S THE LINK) ----

Thanks again to anyone who has helped me launch this keycap set. It wasn't wildly successful or anything but it does look most if not all the sets will be made!  ;D

Offline Lazesummerstone

• ҠѤӋϚΔΡѕ
Re: [GB] PBT Transmutation GB over. Most sets will be made!
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 08 May 2022, 00:27:20 »
So as a little update!
Group buy has ended, and all sets except for the "add-on" set and the "Under Flowers" deskmat. Those two items just did not get enough orders during the groupbuy phase.  :(
But that still means that this set for the most part will go into production! This is really a dream that this was able to happen at all and something that I honestly didn't think was possible a year ago!  :D

Thanks a lot for all the support!

Also I should mention that Kono did buy a certain quantity and will keep selling them in the "preorder" phase until they run out of their orders. So if you're interested in this set they're will still be availiable for some amount of time HERE ON KONOSTORE! (I have no idea how long that will be)

Offline ALOHAKB

• ALOHAKB
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 08 May 2022, 01:21:46 »
I think the current KITs are already complicated. In fact, buyers should want something simpler and more practical.

Offline bandits1

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 19 June 2022, 17:03:26 »
Too bad about the add-on kit as I really wanted those Mac keys.  Bought both Latin kits anyway.

Offline Morbii

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 21 October 2022, 14:17:12 »
This is really fantastic, and my entry point to KDS.  I had to snap it up.  Got everything.