Author Topic: [IC] Modulus (Updated)  (Read 24135 times)

Offline Zeeejay

Re: [IC] Modulus (Updated)
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 19:21:45 »
IC Updated. It's been a hectic year, I'm pretty excited to finally post some progress!

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 19:27:50 »
Looking great. Do you plan to offer any plate materials other than alu?
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Zeeejay

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 19:33:13 »
Looking great. Do you plan to offer any plate materials other than alu?
Yes, I have a poll on it in the form. Keep in mind that I won't be able to keep the flex cuts in the picture for softer materials.

Offline bukowski

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 03:29:58 »
Wow, this looks amazing!

Offline AstralYT

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 04:33:29 »
Newer weight and engravings do look nice, but I must say I do prefer the older Triangle through-hole weight design. Really liking the look of the Gray WKL. 4-point leaf-spring Alu plate is a cherry on top, along with the proposed standard POM plate. As for the third colour, Silver would be nice classy addition.

Offline zekth

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 09:29:20 »
I'm in!

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 09:33:14 »
Nice update! I'll admit to preferring the old weight too as the design reflects your seam design. A bit sad to see HHKB layout go but if it did not get enough votes that's just how things are.

Offline dallman5

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 09:35:12 »
Been following your project for a bit and excited to see that its still in the works! I'll chime in and say that I'm also partial to the old weight design.
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline Zeeejay

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 13:14:56 »
Newer weight and engravings do look nice, but I must say I do prefer the older Triangle through-hole weight design. Really liking the look of the Gray WKL. 4-point leaf-spring Alu plate is a cherry on top, along with the proposed standard POM plate. As for the third colour, Silver would be nice classy addition.

Nice update! I'll admit to preferring the old weight too as the design reflects your seam design. A bit sad to see HHKB layout go but if it did not get enough votes that's just how things are.

Been following your project for a bit and excited to see that its still in the works! I'll chime in and say that I'm also partial to the old weight design.

Thanks for the feedback; I'm actually pretty surprised at all the support for the old weight design so far. I should probably explicitly mention that the new weight design depicts a binary search tree (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_search_tree) where the root node is accented by the brass. This board is meant to have an overall theme related to programming hence the linked list on the plate. I've added this bit to the IC.

While I thought the old triangular weight did look nice, I couldn't say that I was completely happy with it because at the end of the day it was a nonsensical design meant only to look "cool". Once I received the board I also thought that the design looked a bit underwhelming in person compared to the renders. In addition, triangular logos are used so often I couldn't help but feel that my old design was a tad generic. In fact, right after I posted my initial IC I was contacted by Justin who had coincidentally come up with a similar design for his logo at the time. He was super nice and just wanted to make sure I was aware and comfortable with the similarities, but it still showed how adding a "cool-looking triangle" probably isn't the best choice in terms of creativity.

I just wanted to offer some insight into why I made the change, and for what it's worth, after receiving both prototypes in person I am very happy about the change I made.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 16:54:46 »
FWIW I'm a super fan of the new binary tree weight. It's such a subtle flex to say "my keyboard plate has a linked list on it", too.

That said, not everyone here is a software eng / has a degree in CS, so maybe it'll go over some heads.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline heyimpanda

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 17 August 2021, 23:17:31 »
yeah but can you invert that binary tree on a whiteboard???

jokes aside, glad that this project is still alive. as a professional googler the new weight speaks to me more.

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 00:16:14 »
I really appreciate you sharing your design decision on the weight. I liked the new design before I knew what it was and do prefer it.
The other design shiny objects on this keyboard are minimal and yet fun and refreshing. IC filled.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 August 2021, 08:22:13 by HappyB0T »

Offline Senpai_deezy

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 18 August 2021, 13:13:19 »
looks great, really like the side profile

Offline denibhoxha

• cock and balls technology
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 11:19:20 »
looks baller

Offline catamscott

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 19:11:40 »
don't know how this slipped under my radar, but this looks really really nice. mounting looks good (love seeing the omega60 spacebar cut) the exaggerated seam saves it from looking like yet another boring, wedge shaped keyboard, and the binary tree design on the bottom with the slight brass accent looks super slick and i much prefer it to the original bottom. think this would look stellar in silver or blue gray  :thumb:

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 19:18:24 »
Looks very nice!

Offline DJ Clicks

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 06 October 2022, 05:36:43 »
Any progress on this? Or has it unfortunately died?

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 06 October 2022, 14:35:20 »
Genuinely like what you've done with the plate here!

Offline Flybeck

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 07 October 2022, 10:52:37 »
This will be a nice typing experience. Love the side profile too! Gl!

Offline mjkedacat

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 12 February 2023, 22:08:42 »
Is this project still alive? If yes, is there a discord for it?