Author Topic: [GB] Aurora Input Series 80 WKL - Group Buy open  (Read 3786 times)

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
[GB] Aurora Input Series 80 WKL - Group Buy open
« on: Fri, 19 August 2022, 02:13:30 »

As the 65% version is now wrapped up, it's finally time for 80 WKL! The price is not cheap, we ran the numbers and with material and electricity cost rising, and the fact that the total machine time per board is about 3 hours (1h45m for the weight alone!) means there's quite a lot of effort going into getting this made. Also keep in mind that it includes German VAT by default, when the shipping country is set to outside of the EU the VAT will be dropped, so you are not double charged upon import into your country.

Specifications
- Manufactured by Salvun in Belgium
- Material: Aluminium case, Stainless Steel weight
- Colors: Black, Silver, Gray, Red or Blue housing, Stainless Steel weight remains silver
- Layout: 80% Winkeyless with both ANSI and ISO variants available
- Typing angle: 8°
- Width: 357.61mm
- Depth: 134.61mm
- Height: 19.69mm (front), 38.35mm (back)
- Weight: Approximately 3.8kg, depending on configuration
- Plate material: Aluminium (anodized) or Brass (bead blasted and clearcoated)
- Plate thickness: 1.5mm
- Plate mounting style: 6-point top mount leaf spring with optional poron pads
- Interface: USB-C
- Electronics: WT80-G GRAPHITE (Solder) / WT80-H1 GRAPHITE PCB (Hotswap) designed by wilba.tech, QMK compatible and fully programmable with VIA configurator
- Designed by Oblotzky and Zambumon, in collaboration with Salvun and Wilba

Contents
- Aluminium Top Case
- Aluminium Bottom Case
- Stainless Steel Weight Insert
- PCB with USB-C daughter board, solder or hotswap specified by layout selection
- Plate, specified by layout selection
- Poron Pads
- Screws
- Bumpons
- Carrying case

Pricing: 669€ with 19% DE VAT included, may vary depending on country if inside the EU. 563€ for outside the EU.

Store page
https://oblotzky.industries/products/aurora-input-series-80
https://oblotzky.industries/products/aurora-input-series-80-accessories (for additional PCB / Plates)

Shipping estimate:
Everything wrapped up by end of August 2023, fulfillment will be in batches, based on color. Salvun is in Belgium so logistics are easier and I don't have to wait for everything to complete first.

Limits:
7 days or if 1,000 units are hit (just a safeguard).

Alexotos has also scheduled a build stream for tonight (19th August, launch day), I'll link the VOD later on when it's available.

Let me know if you have any questions!

« Last Edit: Fri, 19 August 2022, 03:02:05 by Oblotzky »

Offline SolidCactus

Re: [GB] Aurora Input Series 80 WKL - Group Buy open
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 19 August 2022, 07:28:16 »
Damn that blue is absolutely fantastic! Would be in a heartbeat if it was Winkey.

GLWGB!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 19 August 2022, 12:31:51 »
i'm purchase

thank you mr oblotzky
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 20 August 2022, 13:37:18 »
Damn that blue is absolutely fantastic! Would be in a heartbeat if it was Winkey.

GLWGB!

I really like the Red and Blue colors from Salvun (technically his anodizer), they pop really nice. I'm not opposed to offering Winkey in a future round, but I'll return to 6X% range after this one first.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 21 August 2022, 18:56:53 »

GLWGB!

I really like the Red and Blue colors from Salvun (technically his anodizer), they pop really nice. I'm not opposed to offering Winkey in a future round, but I'll return to 6X% range after this one first.

AIS 69% confirmed...

This TKL is looking really nice! Saw your 65% at meetup this summer and loved it. Appreciate the design consistency!

GLWGB!
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"