Author Topic: Amiga Inspired Keycaps Set on Kickstarter  (Read 1705 times)

Offline jamie_s

Amiga Inspired Keycaps Set on Kickstarter
« on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 06:50:45 »
A fellow Amigan has created a classic Amiga-inspired keycaps set for MX-compatible switches, 300dpi UV printing, I suspect ABS keys. There are lots of customisation options as well.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/505470364/amiga-inspired-key-caps-for-mechanical-keyboards

Loriano who is running this is open to questions and suggestions either on the Kickstarter page or on the original Amigaworld forum below.

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=40535&forum=16

Ta

Jamie
WASD V2 Novatouch TKL

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: Amiga Inspired Keycaps Set on Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 16 September 2015, 17:31:07 »
Looks like WASD keycaps with UV printing or lasered caps.  You're going to have an immensely difficult time getting people to buy that since it's UV printed, the caps are thin and cheap, and UV printing generally looks terrible on dark caps.

If you're really serious about it, look into something like lasered POM for the black caps and dyesub for the lighter colored caps.  It's the only way I see it having a possibility of succeeding.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 03:47:52 »
He should be rather running this as a GB through Gateron for lasered POM and dyesubbed PBT as nubs says. The price is sort of okay, but if you're going to all this trouble for a custom set, why not make it a NICE custom set that you'd much rather use than the stock caps on any board.

I'm not registering in either of those places just to tell him this, though, so hopefully someone else does, or at least points him to this thread.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline jamie_s

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 09:45:05 »
Thanks for the feedback guys, this isn't my KS, I'm am a backer however and as I have some interest in Mechs thought I'd cross post it here to help out the campaign. I posted a link back to this thread on AW but I don't know how likely it is Loriano will be in a position to go for another manufacturing process.

Cheers
WASD V2 Novatouch TKL

Offline seville57

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 06:56:43 »
My 2 pink Amiga "A" (win) caps , the caps belong to my Pink/Blue ISO set I bought from WASD last year.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 September 2015, 07:00:38 by seville57 »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 18 September 2015, 06:57:26 »
also.. oem profile is a hard sell on gh.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace