Author Topic: Possible to Reproduce EVA Noctilucous PBT?  (Read 1803 times)

Offline zzyjayfree

Possible to Reproduce EVA Noctilucous PBT?
« on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 13:32:05 »
So I asked SP if it's possible to customize caps like EVA Noctilucous PBT, and they said YES!

But I have one last question: if it's allowed to reproduce an existing cap set previously sold by Geekkey?

Also doing a rough IC here.
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Possible to Reproduce EVA Noctilucous PBT?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 13:35:10 »
You'll have to ask Melissa at SP. In the past, SP has been leery of using stuff that's trademarked on their keycaps.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 13:53:05 »
You'll have to ask Melissa at SP. In the past, SP has been leery of using stuff that's trademarked on their keycaps.

This is what she replied

"Thanks for you request! This would have to be done by pad-printing... how many sets are you looking for?"
and
"We can't do glow in the dark text. We can do PBT glow in the dark keys, but again, the print will be pad printed."

So I guess it's not going to be as beautiful as original set since they can't engrave and put glow paint for the pattern.
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 17 September 2015, 13:56:41 »
That's not what I meant. SP in the past has had reservations printing stuff that has copyright/trademarked on it. For example, that's why you don't see tons of SP keycaps with say the Simpsons or Yoda on them. Because they don't want to get sued.

I'm not sure what exactly you asked her so I'm not sure if that reply goes with what I said.

Also I'm going to go out on a limb and say I don't think a pad-printed set would sell very well. I bet if you could tweak it to be dyesubbed you'd get a lot more feedback. I'm not 100% sure though.