Author Topic: PRICE DROP! -- Red Cherry Set (benefits replica font project!)  (Read 101077 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: PRICE DROP! -- Red Cherry Set (benefits replica font project!)
« Reply #350 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 11:29:58 »
I need one of each of these sets, I sold mine in error last week :-(

N-N-N-Necro Bump!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #351 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 12:34:35 »
Almost made it a year, too.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #352 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 14:11:16 »
I'm not aware of the extras ever selling. I could be wrong though.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #353 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 15:05:07 »
Since it was bumped anyway:

What about doing Round 2 of this with GMK?

Offline shawn o

« Reply #354 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 15:30:50 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2013, 21:21:06 by shawn o »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #355 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 15:44:19 »
I do have a few of these left over which I have never gotten around to posting for sale.  (I also have a few tsangan kit leftovers).

A GMK version of this set would be sweet.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #356 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 15:45:01 »
I do have a few of these left over which I have never gotten around to posting for sale.  (I also have a few tsangan kit leftovers).

A GMK version of this set would be sweet.

in for both
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #357 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 15:50:51 »
How about something different with GMK? This has already been done!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #358 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 16:05:11 »
Some of those names on the orders list take me back a bit.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline shawn o

« Reply #359 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 16:38:25 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2013, 21:20:58 by shawn o »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #360 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 16:50:01 »
Nothing really.  Until recently they have not been able to offer Cherry legends, which a lot of people want.  Also their keycaps are much thinner than some on the market, and some people prefer thicker keycaps.

But SP has a relatively low MOQ and caters for GH's sometimes unusual colour requests :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline shawn o

« Reply #361 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 16:56:48 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2013, 21:20:43 by shawn o »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #362 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 17:08:05 »
GMK probably wouldn't be too hard with such a small set to reach MOQ and the price wouldn't be too high. Only there is still 2 caveats. One, they will NOT do the Cherry logo, I already asked them and they told me no because it's a trademark they don't own or have license to. Two, they aren't cutting custom legends yet so no geekhack key unless want to go with pad printing.
GMK isn't impossible to deal with, they are just used to corporate and industrial customers that probably order 1000+ at a time. They just aren't used to dealing with us yet. Hopefully in time they will re-evaluate their MOQ policy to be more accommodating.

I was planning on offering something small along the lines of this as it was since the full set isn't going to happen anytime soon at least. Perhaps this can be one of those things, but perhaps different colors? Maybe dark grey on orange like inverted Skidata?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #363 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 17:08:23 »
removed to not get someone in trouble
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2013, 17:15:14 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline shawn o

« Reply #364 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 17:53:24 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2013, 21:20:34 by shawn o »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #365 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 18:20:28 »
Seriously, what is wrong with SP?

Nothing, as others have noted.  It would be cool to have this set (or something else like it) that matched Cherry keys though, since a lot of people use Cherry/GMK sets.

These Red Cherry sets will match the SP-produced Cherry replica sets perfectly.  Can't wait until a few of those get going.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #366 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 17:39:11 »

Sounds very good! Anyone else interested?!
Where's Ivan?

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #367 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 17:48:46 »

Sounds very good! Anyone else interested?!
Where's Ivan?

GMK probably wouldn't be too hard with such a small set to reach MOQ and the price wouldn't be too high. Only there is still 2 caveats. One, they will NOT do the Cherry logo, I already asked them and they told me no because it's a trademark they don't own or have license to. Two, they aren't cutting custom legends yet so no geekhack key unless want to go with pad printing.
GMK isn't impossible to deal with, they are just used to corporate and industrial customers that probably order 1000+ at a time. They just aren't used to dealing with us yet. Hopefully in time they will re-evaluate their MOQ policy to be more accommodating.

I was planning on offering something small along the lines of this as it was since the full set isn't going to happen anytime soon at least. Perhaps this can be one of those things, but perhaps different colors? Maybe dark grey on orange like inverted Skidata?

To me, the thing that made this set interesting was the Cherry logo and the geekhack/kbdmania modifiers.  A GMK-produced red G and H would be cool though.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #368 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 19:02:42 »
I saw that after I posted. It is a shame but a big company is not going to retool or seek permission to print keys like that for a small hobby group.