Author Topic: Muting Model F Feet Springs?  (Read 1388 times)

Offline ChairmanMeow

Muting Model F Feet Springs?
« on: Thu, 18 April 2024, 13:17:45 »
New member here. I recently restored and floss-modded my F122 (obligatory pics attached). However, the springs that control the keyboard's feet buzz quite a bit when typing with the feet fully retracted. Has anyone found a good way to prevent this? I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions. My springs are reasonably corroded, but I'm not sure if this alone causes the buzzing.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Muting Model F Feet Springs?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 April 2024, 13:59:44 »
If you don't use them you could just take them out. Otherwise stuff them with foam rubber or some other insulating material to immobilize them.
"Cohen has been described as a “fixer,” a guy who gets things done, who cleans up messes and who calms the waters in a crisis. But mostly, it seems that Cohen was a lackey.
He wasn’t someone telling Trump hard truths to make sure that he was protected. Cohen was the guy who simply wanted to make sure that Trump was placated. He wanted the boss to be happy. Cohen wasn’t using his clout or connections to turn the tide in Trump’s favor.
He was just another person whose ambitions and self-worth had become intertwined with Trump, someone who as federal investigators closed in on him, as he lied and then lied some more, he had to be reminded by his wife, his daughter and his son that Trump was neither his salvation, nor was he someone worth saving." 2024-05-14 comment

Offline ChairmanMeow

Re: Muting Model F Feet Springs?
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 April 2024, 16:01:10 »
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I change the feet setting often depending on what desk I'm working at, so I can't remove them or immobilize them completely.

For anyone else with the same question and constraints:
Inspired by the grease mod, I smeared each spring in Vaseline and now the ringing/buzzing noise is gone. A reapplication of Vaseline in the future should remediate new buzzing that emerges with time. I also tried using new, corrosion-free springs that I cut up from longer ones, but they still created noise.