Author Topic: Where to get parts for 100% Iso-DE Layout?  (Read 1213 times)

Offline gdh

Where to get parts for 100% Iso-DE Layout?
« on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 16:47:27 »
Hi Folks,

I found a nice video of a keyboard, that I would like to rebuild (same switches, case...) but just with ISO-German layout.
So I tried googling around and it seems to be impossible to find a case and PCB with 100% layout. The closest one I could find is a 95% case, PCB etc. from Ali Express

So are any shops known for full size case, pcb, plate with german layout?

Keycaps are not an Issue GMK is a German brand.

Keyboard I would like to rebuild (basically it is just about the switches and size)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjKzP94kUnQ

PS: Backlight is a must. RGB a plus
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 February 2021, 16:49:52 by gdh »
DELL KM717 Rubberdome bluetooth chicklet style keyboard

Offline ThatCometGuy

Re: Where to get parts for 100% Iso-DE Layout?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 01:44:46 »
German layout is a standard left shift devided and enter ISO layout so that should not be a big problem, however finding a 100% custom keyboard may be. I haven't seen them, and only a handful of 95%, it's way more common to find 60%, 65% or 75%. KBDFans has some 95% with ISO, but they are out of stock. You may want to consider giving up your numpad and buying an external one or buying a retail keyboard like a corsair or logitech and desolder the switches and put your own.

Offline HerrVoennchen

Re: Where to get parts for 100% Iso-DE Layout?
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 08:30:51 »
That's the reason I use ANSI Layout for work (and also private as soon as my cooler master will give up). The amount of available Parts is so much higher compared to ISO (which is fairly not that low) but especially for the german layout.

So may also considering this when you want to dive deeper into the hobby. It's pretty easy today to get ß,ö,ü and ä out of an ansi layout keyboard without changing the OS language or anything.
@work: Keychron K8 Pro w/ Gateron Ink Black v2
@home: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB (MX-Brown)
retired until fixed: Ducky One 2 SF (MX-Black, US-Layout)
Retired: Varmilo Miya Pro DualOS Custom (MX-Black, US-Layout)