Author Topic: While waiting on Rama M65B and 2x HMKB boards I’ve switched to Ergo Colemak!  (Read 1188 times)

Offline benfrain

• benfrain.com
Around this time last year I finally treated myself and ordered a Rama M65B.
I also got a couple of Heavy Metal (HMHB) on order from that GB.

I’ve just got the shipping notification for the Rama but… in the intervening months I have been using a ErgoDox EZ a lot and also made the move to Colemak.

I tried using a standard, staggered, KB layout for the first time in months yesterday and I’m worried I won’t, or maybe don’t want to go back!

Which leaves me in the weird position of having at least one very expensive keyboard on the way, which I have been looking forward to for months, but might not actually want!

Anyone else had something similar happen while waiting for a GB product to turn up?

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
My nightmare is having this happen after a keyset GB and rushing to buy 40s/colevrak/spacebar extras when the set actually ships.

Offline benfrain

• benfrain.com
Yes, that was actually part of the issue! I ordered and have received Hive key set to go in the Rama. Which is sat next to me but doesn’t play well with Colemak DHm layout which is what I’ve moved to. So I’ve ordered a different set of DSA caps with Colemak friendly homing keys but now I’m not sure I can get on with anything other than a ortholinear so even they may be a waste ultimately. 😖