Author Topic: All GB's ran on GeekHack should be Updated and Discussed on Geek Hack.  (Read 19755 times)

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
Collapsed, This was the wrong way to approach my issues with this Group Buy.

More
Hello, I am user Clasicks - I know I will get flack for leaking these, but I just dont care.

I thought buyers in x60 R, 280, 280 S, 268.2, and 268 should see these.

« Last Edit: Mon, 28 January 2019, 14:33:49 by KeyboardUser4 »

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
 :-X :-X :-X

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
wew

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
geekhack*

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Hello, I am user Clasicks - I know I will get flack for leaking these, but I just dont care.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Those will be discounted though, no?

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Those will be discounted though, no?

These examples were all shipped from Xondat to the USA.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4

GL all, enjoy the boards.

You can hate on me all you want, but if you are spending $600 on a buy, with a million other options, you would want to know.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Show Image

when the metal looks like wood grain  :eek:

Offline Jacob4341

Re: All GB's ran on GeekHack should be Updated and Discussed on Geek Hack.
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 09:35:28 »
Show Image

You can hate on me all you want, but if you are spending $600 on a buy, with a million other options, you would want to know.

That's really unfortunate... I really with GB runners would be more transparent with the people participating in them. If something goes wrong you should tell them about it. They're a part of the project just as much as you are and deserve to stay in the know.

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 09:36:12 »
New factory looking good!  :thumb:

Offline shadowrealmwarez

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 09:39:09 »
Holy crap, that's awful for such an expensive board. Good for you for letting people know what they could expect for their money.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 09:43:46 »
Didn't some of that damage happen during shipment?

Show Image

when the metal looks like wood grain  :eek:

That's awesome!

Offline NAV

• Formerly A_Vicarious_Death
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 09:49:04 »
Where the noxary stans at

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 09:50:07 »
Image 1: Missed QC, replacement being sent in mail.

Image 2: User was made aware that there was a issue with the screw threads, and they had to be cleaned. It was ignored, and screw broke. A friend removed the

Image 3: Same board as image 1, missed QC, replacement being sent in mail.

Image 4: Same issue as image 2. User forced screw in, and it snapped.

Image 5: Pre cleaning issue.

I have addressed all of the issues with the relevant users.

I made an honest mistake with the screw threads, and a ****ty mistake with the missed QC.

I was unaware that they were not cleaned by the factory. I sent 8 kits out, realized the issue when people started discovering it, and stopped sending kits out. 9 people opted out of me cleaning the screw threads, and 5 of those have been sent (other 4 haven't been sent as I've been dealing with the outstanding issues). Between the 17 sent out in total, I have agreements with everyone but 1.

There will be changes made to my server (will detail soon). I realize that it may not be best suited any more, and I agree that issues should be public.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 09:50:09 »
Where the noxary stans at

ARI ARI ARI ARI ARI! Arrivederci!

Offline NAV

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 09:50:20 »
also

y i k e s

Offline shadowrealmwarez

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 09:53:44 »
Image 1: Missed QC, replacement being sent in mail.

Image 2: User was made aware that there was a issue with the screw threads, and they had to be cleaned. It was ignored, and screw broke. A friend removed the

Image 3: Same board as image 1, missed QC, replacement being sent in mail.

Image 4: Same issue as image 2. User forced screw in, and it snapped.

Image 5: Pre cleaning issue.

I have addressed all of the issues with the relevant users.

I made an honest mistake with the screw threads, and a ****ty mistake with the missed QC.

I was unaware that they were not cleaned by the factory. I sent 8 kits out, realized the issue when people started discovering it, and stopped sending kits out. 9 people opted out of me cleaning the screw threads, and 5 of those have been sent (other 4 haven't been sent as I've been dealing with the outstanding issues). Between the 17 sent out in total, I have agreements with everyone but 1.

There will be changes made to my server (will detail soon). I realize that it may not be best suited any more, and I agree that issues should be public.

It only takes 1 mistake and/or **** up to loose the support of people. It could have easily been addressed if you had put out a public notice of "Hey someone had an issue with a board, don't force in screws, etc etc, please let me know if you experience issues, something something. No one likes bad news, but it's better then getting a $600 board that looks like that.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 09:55:40 »
It only takes 1 mistake and/or **** up to loose the support of people.

It could have easily been addressed if you had put out a public notice of "Hey someone had an issue with a board, don't force in screws, etc etc, please let me know if you experience issues, something something. No one likes bad news, but it's better then getting a $600 board that looks like that.

Yup, I agree.

I messaged everyone that had received/waiting on their board, so all were aware.

I've been resolving everything as it hits me. As noted, all images have had their issues solved/addressed.

Offline gloomycloud

• me enjoy 60s
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 09:59:52 »
Show Image

What did you do in the welcome thread tho, just one image doesn't say anything here
HHKB Pro 2 || Polaris || Kei || Meridian || X60 V2

Offline shadowrealmwarez

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 10:03:01 »
Show Image

What did you do in the welcome thread tho, just one image doesn't say anything here

I assume in the welcome thread is rules not to publicize any info in said discord server, such as those photos that were posted.

Offline gloomycloud

• me enjoy 60s
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 10:06:55 »
Show Image

I assume in the welcome thread is rules not to publicize any info in said discord server, such as those photos that were posted.

Yeah, then it's fair that he was banned, what's the point of that picture here :rolleyes:
HHKB Pro 2 || Polaris || Kei || Meridian || X60 V2

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 10:07:41 »
Show Image

that is correct.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 10:09:24 »
Show Image

This is the default, open channel on my server

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: All GB's ran on geekhack should be updated and discussed on geekhack
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 10:12:02 »
If there's an active GB thread on geekhack, then updates absolutely should be posted here.  It is unreasonable to expect or require people to follow multiple points of updates off-site.  The GB rules were updated to address this very situation

Updates are not only useful for the participants (tangible updates regarding the items they bought), but should be visible to everyone so that people can track the progress and get a feel for how a given GB runner operates.  It doesn't do anyone (except a shady runner) any good to have privatized update channels.

Also, banning someone for bringing issues to light?  Really?  That's super sketchy.  Everyone has the right to be made aware of these issues and resolutions, whether they entered the GB or not.  People will find out, and all you're doing by banning people is rapidly losing everyone's trust.

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 10:13:12 »

It could have easily been addressed if you had put out a public notice of "Hey someone had an issue with a board, don't force in screws, etc etc, please let me know if you experience issues, something something. No one likes bad news, but it's better then getting a $600 board that looks like that.

Yup, I agree.

I messaged everyone that had received/waiting on their board, so all were aware.

I've been resolving everything as it hits me. As noted, all images have had their issues solved/addressed.

I want this to be ABUNDANTLY clear. Xondat might be tidying up as a result of this thread, but it took 2w to the day for him to 'resolve' my request to receive a partial refund on my board for 'shipping damages'. I don't feel prioritized or valued as a consumer.

And in one response it was stated "i havent called DHL yet I'm working on other manufacturing items" Which seems counter-intuitive to focus on other buys when you have an open GB going off the rails.

That's all I want to say. I did receive a partial refund on my board today and an apology from xondat shortly after this thread appeared.

Kudos to Classicks for shaking this cat out of the tree. I appreciate your sacrifices and you're a good dude.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 10:24:50 »
If there's an active GB thread on geekhack, then updates absolutely should be posted here.  It is unreasonable to expect or require people to follow multiple points of updates off-site.  The GB rules were updated to address this very situation

Updates are not only useful for the participants (tangible updates regarding the items they bought), but should be visible to everyone so that people can track the progress and get a feel for how a given GB runner operates.  It doesn't do anyone (except a shady runner) any good to have privatized update channels.

Also, banning someone for bringing issues to light?  Really?  That's super sketchy.  Everyone has the right to be made aware of these issues and resolutions, whether they entered the GB or not.  People will find out, and all you're doing by banning people is rapidly losing everyone's trust.

I'm late to realize, but I agree.

The ban was because a rule was broken. The rule was implemented originally because I was teasing new projects, and thought it'd be a fun thing to do. I'm now seeing the negative effect the rule had, that I completely missed. I can only apologize for that.

I am overall happy that this is happening though. I needed to get my head out of my ass.

Offline Wongstongs

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 10:39:09 »
Wow that is one terrible look for a GB runner. Guess I have to add another maker to my list of "don't ever buy from"

Offline shadowrealmwarez

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 10:42:00 »

I agree with this, and glad to see the rules reflect that updates should occur on GH as this is the only place I feel I should have to check after dropping X amount of dollars.

Yup, I agree.

I want this to be ABUNDANTLY clear. Xondat might be tidying up as a result of this thread, but it took 2w to the day for him to 'resolve' my request to receive a partial refund on my board for 'shipping damages'. I don't feel prioritized or valued as a consumer.

And in one response it was stated "i havent called DHL yet I'm working on other manufacturing items" Which seems counter-intuitive to focus on other buys when you have an open GB going off the rails.

That's all I want to say. I did receive a partial refund on my board today and an apology from xondat shortly after this thread appeared.

Kudos to Classicks for shaking this cat out of the tree. I appreciate your sacrifices and you're a good dude.

Do you mind me asking how damaged it was in shipping? Was it like a failure of the packing of the keyboard, or did someone put it on the bottom of the truck under a few hundred pounds of other crap, or was it punctured and damaged.

Offline kivx

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 10:48:07 »
Good to see the issues.
Blacklist updated.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 11:01:50 »
Why are people surprised? This happened with his earlier boards too

I changed factory (which had little to no issues from previous buys), not sure why this happened honestly. Could be just **** luck, could've been **** all along and it was hidden from me (I connected with this factory through another GB runner).

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 11:09:57 »
Was hoping that maybe he would have learned something after the first GB and would run the second one better maybe?

I had damages to my top, and was told on May 25th that it was damaged and had the option of having it shipped out as is, and getting some paypal back, or getting a replacement top. I asked him how long it would take to get a replacement top and he said minimum 6-8 week.I assumed that 6-8 weeks was from the date that I was talking to him and agreed to it, but almost 6 weeks latter I learned that the order to get the piece remade wasn't even placed with the manufacture.

Needless to say I wasn't very happy and lucky found someone willing to take over but was given paypal good and services back and was told that was the only option with his business account.
Communication could definitely be better, and I don't understand why extras aren't made to take into account any potential for damaged boards, especially if it's a new factory.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 11:20:27 »
yikes.  :-X
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 11:22:35 »

This pretty much say's everything I think the majority of us are thinking.

Offline YiZZo

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 11:27:59 »
Show Image

It's funny even after he bans him he still calls him a prick. Nice one.

Offline kekstee

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 12:06:39 »
To be fair, Classicks was only trying to stir up as big of a drama as he could manage, just burning bridges, no intent on resolving anything. We don't even know what was wrong with his board, do we? Threw together all issues with GB parts and made it sounds like such things are the rule rather than exception.

Of course he only had that power because of semi-private side channels in the first place.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 12:41:13 »
To be fair, Classicks was only trying to stir up as big of a drama as he could manage, just burning bridges, no intent on resolving anything. We don't even know what was wrong with his board, do we? Threw together all issues with GB parts and made it sounds like such things are the rule rather than exception.

Of course he only had that power because of semi-private side channels in the first place.

https://imgur.com/a/g9zYEP7

I sold my board to a user who signed off on the blemishes before i sold it. I used this exact gallery. I would not have bought this board from Xondat if he had showed me the blemishes.

I have no money left involved in this, I cancelled my 280 order after xondat was less than agreeable when someone received there board and could not screw it together.

I did not do this for me, but for my friends who are in his buys.

You can say what you want, I don't have your money or your products.

and that screw hole slip was on me :P

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 12:53:19 »

So you're saying that bringing to light the poor quality of the boards & QC for people who may be in the group buy, but are not on discord where all the exclusive updates are posted, makes him a **** stirrer?

Get the **** outta here, it's pretty clear he was only trying to illuminate issues people might not be expecting.

Offline NAV

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 13:06:46 »

As you can see from Xondat's replies, it seems that the issues are actually the rule rather than the exception, seeing as how he had to notify everyone.

"I was unaware that they were not cleaned by the factory. I sent 8 kits out, realized the issue when people started discovering it, and stopped sending kits out. 9 people opted out of me cleaning the screw threads, and 5 of those have been sent (other 4 haven't been sent as I've been dealing with the outstanding issues). Between the 17 sent out in total, I have agreements with everyone but 1."

don't be obtuse

Offline kekstee

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 14:58:52 »
If this post was in the GB thread with the information on dirty screw holes and missed QC I would be completely on your side.

Instead he posts these with no comment at all and doesn't even explain why. (and omits his own board)
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 July 2018, 15:03:18 by kekstee »

Offline shadowrealmwarez

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 15:06:58 »
If this post was in the GB thread with the information on dirty screw holes and missed QC I would be completely on your side.

Instead he posts these with no comment at all and doesn't even explain why. (and omits his own board)

At least he got the info out here, and according to another post another GB was just as messed up...so either people need to not participate in GB's run by the individual, or people take it with a grain of salt of what they may receive/expect for their $.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 15:46:02 »

2nd image is his board. Dunno if that's omitting or not.

Offline skidude9678

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 16:59:58 »
OP, I am the one who received the board shown in pictures 1 and 3. I posted the images in the Discord, Xondat immediately contacted me and admitted the mistake, and is in the process of shipping me a new bottom section to the case.

I really don't know what more I could expect from a GB organizer when an issue like this pops up. He admitted fault right away (QC miss on his part), offered a solution that is completely in line with any other person/retailer who shipped a product with issues, and is now following up and shipping the bottom section.

While I obviously would rather the board be perfect the first time, the way it is being handled is more than satisfactory for me.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 17:42:00 »
Show Image

It's funny even after he bans him he still calls him a prick. Nice one.

That's what stood out to me...  :blank:

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 18:43:05 »
I needed to get my head out of my ass.

👏i💯told🔥you👏this💯months🔥ago👏but💯you🔥still👏in💯there🔥my👏guy💯!🔥

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 18:44:17 »
I needed to get my head out of my ass.

Show Image

👏i💯told🔥you👏this💯months🔥ago👏but💯you🔥still👏in💯there🔥my👏guy💯!🔥

delivering late as required

Offline Jacob4341

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 18:51:17 »
snip

Be careful there we don't want you to get banned from his discord too.

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 00:14:02 »

*grabs popcorn*

this is a good one.

so much salt.

you guys never cease to entertain me.

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 00:21:03 »
Handbags at dawn.
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.