Author Topic: [IC] GMK Modern Dolch Light - GB opening on 02/02  (Read 129164 times)

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
Re: GMK Modern Dolch Light
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 17:35:20 »
I was unaware that users are not allowed to participate in the conversation of interest checks even if there is a high probability of not joining the group buy
Don't twist my words.

I never said it was not allowed. I said if you got nothing nice to say, better to keep it to yourself. But doesn't sound like that applies to you here based on your most recent reply, so whatever man, you do what you want. Read your first post again - you rant about the name, then about the color, then about the mods. That doesn't sound like "in fact, I very much like it" to me. You're like trying to question Jang's colors' choices, which I don't think is "some minor design changes". Bring this over to inbox if you wanna talk about it further and keep Jang's IC clean.

Also that passive-aggressive lol...
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 October 2019, 17:42:52 by otanishock »

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 17:35:43 »
I really see nothing related to Dolch in this color scheme. I apologies for my ignorance but what is different about this and GMK 9009. Is it just slightly lighter colored modifiers? Since I already have an OG Beige set I really see no need for me to jump on this train. I personally have always been a fan of symbol + text modifiers which I see less an less.

9009 is beige, this is grey, simple as that :) reasons behind the dolch naming scheme were explained above

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 17:42:40 »
I really see nothing related to Dolch in this color scheme. I apologies for my ignorance but what is different about this and GMK 9009. Is it just slightly lighter colored modifiers? Since I already have an OG Beige set I really see no need for me to jump on this train. I personally have always been a fan of symbol + text modifiers which I see less an less.

9009 is beige, this is grey, simple as that :) reasons behind the dolch naming scheme were explained above

Thank you very much for the explanation! I was having a hard time distinguishing the color on the renders. I am having a hell of a time trying to tweak my monitor's settings for color accuracy, my first time having a VA panel.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 18:46:05 »
I was unaware that users are not allowed to participate in the conversation of interest checks even if there is a high probability of not joining the group buy
Don't twist my words.

I never said it was not allowed. I said if you got nothing nice to say, better to keep it to yourself. But doesn't sound like that applies to you here based on your most recent reply, so whatever man, you do what you want. Read your first post again - you rant about the name, then about the color, then about the mods. That doesn't sound like "in fact, I very much like it" to me. You're like trying to question Jang's colors' choices, which I don't think is "some minor design changes". Bring this over to inbox if you wanna talk about it further and keep Jang's IC clean.

Also that passive-aggressive lol...

I'll show you passive aggresive.

Modern Dolch Light,

Nice.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 19:01:20 »
Oh man, nice.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 20:20:54 »
I was about to ask "Why the hell is this not PBT?"
But then I remember tons of people bought GMK Minimal.
Yeah, sometimes you just ought to accept that people have weird tastes & move on to the next thread.

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 23:08:43 »
If row 5 is chosen please have a row 4 option. Row 5 is great for OG but not for every new set. There is nothing wrong with row 4.

This is so very close to Muted I am somewhat conflicted, because I really wanted to support the original Muted GB runner if they decide to do R2. I will probably just wait and pray for Muted Round 2.

Offline TheAutoManCan

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 23:37:59 »
I know it's unlikely but I still gotta ask to include the rest of the nav cluster icons in the Modern kit. Just seems strange from my perspective to include some icons and not all, especially in an icon-focused kit.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 23:41:33 »
If row 5 is chosen please have a row 4 option. Row 5 is great for OG but not for every new set. There is nothing wrong with row 4.

This is so very close to Muted I am somewhat conflicted, because I really wanted to support the original Muted GB runner if they decide to do R2. I will probably just wait and pray for Muted Round 2.

Renders are in R4 so I'd presume R5 won't be making an appearance.

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 00:07:51 »

I kinda feel the same way - but it looks like many different people have gotten in touch with Muted OP about running again and nothing has happened. At some point I just want the set, and am happy that it is being run.

Offline adxlk

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 00:17:27 »

I kinda feel the same way - but it looks like many different people have gotten in touch with Muted OP about running again and nothing has happened. At some point I just want the set, and am happy that it is being run.

Id prefer it the other way around. Have r4 in base kit. Then additional R5 bottom row kit. Since i'd assume there's more R4 users than R5

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 00:39:04 »

Renders are in R4 so I'd presume R5 won't be making an appearance.

This is correct

Offline Extraxyz

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 01:05:29 »
and also look man. If I don't like something and got nothing nice to say, I switch tab and keep it to myself. Maybe that's something to consider...

People aren't allowed to say they're not interested.. in an Interest Check thread? If only "Yes men" are allowed to reply we can just skip IC altogether.

Offline Mufasa

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 01:23:02 »
I guess we can just call anything Dolch nowadays and make a quick $. IT WAS INSPIRED BY DOLCH! Therefore, MODERN DOLCH LIGHT!

Please..

Offline Cresc3nt

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 01:42:55 »
I guess we can just call anything Dolch nowadays and make a quick $. IT WAS INSPIRED BY DOLCH! Therefore, MODERN DOLCH LIGHT!

Please..
I mean these are keycaps, I don't think most people are buying just for the name. I still very much enjoy the design and will personally buy it but not because it has modern dolch in its name. I feel like people are getting way too triggered over just a name instead of focusing on the actual design.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 01:43:50 »
Guys
GUYS
Listen, listen
Just, LISTEN
What if we call it
Wait for it
Nobody expects this
Everybody will love this
And there will be absolutely zero controversy
Listen
What if we call it

MODERN MUTED!

« Last Edit: Tue, 15 October 2019, 01:47:00 by nguyenhimself »

Offline Mekberg

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 02:06:34 »
Nice set overall, but not going to lie, the biggest thing about this set is that the renders put me onto the Kendo keyboard :D

Offline Mufasa

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 02:20:22 »

Please..
I mean these are keycaps, I don't think most people are buying just for the name. I still very much enjoy the design and will personally buy it but not because it has modern dolch in its name. I feel like people are getting way too triggered over just a name instead of focusing on the actual design.

Sure, we can talk about design too.. It’s Muted. I agree with above, call it Modern Muted and cover all your “inspiration” bases.

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #118 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 02:45:18 »
I think I'm not adding anythings to the conversation. :blank:

Please..

yeah... we already have Mint Dolch, Ocean Dolch,...

so how about: Muted Dolch  :))

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 03:16:22 »
As explained in the post we know it's not a Dolch set, however we decided to keep Modern Dolch in there cause that is the origin of this set. And honestly I don't think the name is the most important thing of this set. Also just look at my projects, half of them have numbers in them and are hard to pronounce and the other are an OG thing with Modern in front of it. I'm not good with names mkay  :))

Also have some Jane V2 CE renders

Offline leexy

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 03:26:21 »
day 1 moq set

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 03:43:09 »
day 1 moq set

Couldn’t agree more.
Already see it on Dixie.
Wish it open soon.

Offline martensson

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 04:06:01 »
Hmm those last renders remind me a lot of GMK Ashes (with the Ghost kit). Too much monochrome for me, would be nice to add some color to those :)

Offline jejuzy

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 04:26:31 »
As others have said (and maybe i missed the answer), are you considering ePBT? :(

And with the Jane V2 CE renders, what set are the keycaps?

Offline adxlk

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 05:03:51 »
Hmm those last renders remind me a lot of GMK Ashes (with the Ghost kit). Too much monochrome for me, would be nice to add some color to those :)

The standard base kit already has colored accents.

Offline adxlk

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 05:04:40 »
As others have said (and maybe i missed the answer), are you considering ePBT? :(

Standard Kit + Alternate Kit

Offline apejonk

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 09:40:22 »
As explained in the post we know it's not a Dolch set, however we decided to keep Modern Dolch in there cause that is the origin of this set. And honestly I don't think the name is the most important thing of this set. Also just look at my projects, half of them have numbers in them and are hard to pronounce and the other are an OG thing with Modern in front of it. I'm not good with names mkay  :))

While I also think that names are not important I think there is no need to create unnecessary confusion. Everyone who programmed a little bit knows that you can just call your variables whatever you feel like but in the end it's better to choose names that are descriptive.

Just call it GMK Modern Light. There is no GMK Modern besides your Dolch set, at least that I'm aware of,  and you can still show off the origin of the set.
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, stepped control users, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. (2 Timothy 1:5)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 10:23:13 »

Show Image

Show Image

I think that this color scheme, involving the darkened ESC and Enter accents, would be much better as the base-kit than the pink and green options. The black TGR board flows really well with the monochrome look. As I am sharing my opinion, I hope this statement isn't perceived as a "rant" as well.

TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 10:34:30 »

Show Image

Show Image

I think that this color scheme, involving the darkened ESC and Enter accents, would be much better as the base-kit than the pink and green options. The black TGR board flows really well with the monochrome look. As I am sharing my opinion, I hope this statement isn't perceived as a "rant" as well.

I do agree that the accents should be flipped around with colored accents as an add-on and the dark gray be in the base kit. It would be cheaper as you have two custom colors in the accent kits and one in the base. Would make more sense
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 October 2019, 10:36:19 by Mcnos »

Offline viet

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 10:49:57 »

ePBT, please! I would be 110% in.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 10:53:27 »

GMK is perfect, we dont need ePBT for this  :mad:
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 10:55:04 »

GMK is perfect, we dont need ePBT for this  :mad:

I'm okay with either option.  :blank:

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 11:03:31 »
Here is a render to show the progression from Modern Dolch to Modern Dolch Light. Each color of Modern Dolch was lightened to achieve the new Lighten Version of Modern Dolch. Maybe this will help. Jan explained why we went with the name in the IC post in the second paragraph.

228199-0

Offline mrkevint

• OK.
« Reply #133 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 11:26:42 »
I'm sure a part of the reason for naming it Modern Dolch Light was also to bank off the name recognition?

Offline spyruf

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 11:41:42 »
My 2 cents on the naming (I don't think someone brought up this reasoning).

I think the name MD Light makes sense because you have colorschemes like Solarized Dark and Solarized Light, etc.
AFAIK Dolch was named that way because of the original Dolch boards, and a Dolch Light doesn't exist.

« Last Edit: Tue, 15 October 2019, 11:43:42 by spyruf »

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #135 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 11:42:28 »
My 2 cents, I don't care just gimme the set.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 11:58:07 »
How about changing colors to MoDo and make another round of MoDo ... ppllleeeaaaaassssee  :cool:

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 12:08:00 »
I'm sure a part of the reason for naming it Modern Dolch Light was also to bank off the name recognition?

I can confirm that this is absolutely not the case, that thought didn't cross our minds lol. We didn't figure people would care as much about the name as they do  :)

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 13:23:30 »
why don't we just be happy that we have such a great set coming soon instead of ranting about its name?

Offline whyamihere

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 13:38:08 »

I can confirm that this is absolutely not the case, that thought didn't cross our minds lol. We didn't figure people would care as much about the name as they do  :)

"ah no it was just a coincidence we swear"

embarassing marketing grab

Offline azulyf

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 13:40:38 »
Hope we can have a 1.25 blank spacebar

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 13:50:03 »

Whose alt is this? lol  :))

Offline ramblinrose

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 13:52:31 »
Aside from wishing split space bars came in the space bars kit as I don't use 40s at all - everything looks great. An instant classic.. it's nice to have sets like this that work well with a variety of case colors.

Offline whyamihere

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 13:54:39 »

easy to dismiss as an alt rather than confront the facts

you would think after the man in the high castle disaster dixie would put more thought into his interest checks instead of coming off strictly as an opportunistic marketer

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 14:02:48 »
much drama,

nice keyset

Offline megaforce

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 14:05:18 »
Great looking set, but anyone countering that this isn't a replica of Muted with slight shading difference is ****ing delusional lmfao.

Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline whyamihere

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 14:08:15 »
Great looking set, but anyone countering that this isn't a replica of Muted with slight shading difference is ****ing delusional lmfao.

dingdingding

Offline D3LTA

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 14:31:17 »
Colevrak kit?

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 15:12:21 »
why don't we just be happy that we have such a great set coming soon instead of ranting about its name?

Lmao thank you for saying that. Guys, it's a name. Who tf cares. The important thing is we are getting a set that most of us have all really wanted.

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 16:07:31 »

easy to dismiss as an alt rather than confront the facts

you would think after the man in the high castle disaster dixie would put more thought into his interest checks instead of coming off strictly as an opportunistic marketer

dingdingding

Wasn't picking sides, just laughing abt that being your 1st post. But yeah, I personally can't see a difference between this and muted, so  :blank: