Author Topic: What Pointing Device Are You Using Now?  (Read 244150 times)

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
Re: What Pointing Device Are You Using Now?
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 21:05:01 »
Potato pics attached.   The potato has poor white balance; both the keyboard plastic and the mouse are much more yellow than they appear in the pictures.

Okay so you've used the original WMO.  I thought you opened up a really old version, of a Microsoft Mouse that used a Mechanical Ball arrangement and removed the internal guts, then replaced it with the WMO internals.  My fault for misinterpreting your description.

Good to see the WMO getting used still  :thumb: .

I'm using a WMO right now...in fact there are  3 WMOs in the house

beast

Same. I have both a black and white one. Best mouse ever!

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 08:11:35 »
I am currently utilizing a Hewlett-Packard USB mouse.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 29 July 2014, 22:06:31 »
Have gone back to the ancient G500 simply because it's scroll-wheel is superior for my own personal usage.

Gave up on the G502 because it really is a small mouse, very thin and delicate like a super model on ice  :p .

The original G500 is still fully functional and does everything you need it to do on the desktop without any fuss and above all else NO installation of Logitech Gaming Software required (still makes Logitech far better than Razer Corp).

Offline Protato_Tubby

• people enthusiast
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 09:16:45 »
Have gone back to the ancient G500 simply because it's scroll-wheel is superior for my own personal usage.

Gave up on the G502 because it really is a small mouse, very thin and delicate like a super model on ice  :p .

The original G500 is still fully functional and does everything you need it to do on the desktop without any fuss and above all else NO installation of Logitech Gaming Software required (still makes Logitech far better than Razer Corp).
Roccat Kone Pure scroll wheel is my favourite. It's so nice.
DELL AT102W Black Alps | IBM Model M 122 | Matias Tactile Pro 4

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 09:27:42 »
CLG Deathadders 24/7 at work and at home. 'nuff said.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 10:34:26 »
I use my venerable Logitech MX518 at work and a G602 at home. The latter is ugly as sin, but it's the most comfortable mouse I've ever owned. Logitech also finally got its act together and put out a stable version of its gaming software for OS X so I can dump SteerMouse.

Offline RED-404

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 30 July 2014, 11:36:45 »
Zowie AM/FK`14 Literally a hybrid of the two.
Zowie Mico, I find this to be the most comfortable, but it sucks for FPS.
New Logitech G502 I love the sensor yet its the most uncomfortable mouse I have ever owned, but that's just me.

Offline ShawnMeg

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 13:41:39 »
Using a Logitech M570 now but I have a M705 mouse on the side for precision...and a Wacom bamboo pen and touch for even moar precision stuff. ;D

Almost like you.  For my home main rig, I use a m705 primarily.  I have a m570 in the box, but debate whether to open it vs. sell it.  I'm thinking of getting a couple trackballs, CST2545W-5W and one of the Kensingtons.

For work, I use a piece of **** generic HP/Compaq roller ball.  I also have an older Macbook Pro that I use with an Apple Pro Keyboard, HP USB piece of **** mouse and Apple Trackpad (which I don't use too much).

IBM Model F122 X 2 internal Soarer's || IBM Model M122 internal Soarer's || AEK II SKCM Salmon ALPS external adb_usb converter ||  AEK M0115 SKCM Orange ALPS click mod external adb_usb converter || AEK M0115 SKCM Salmon ALPS external adb_usb converter ||

Offline ShawnMeg

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 13:42:24 »
Using a Logitech M570 now but I have a M705 mouse on the side for precision...and a Wacom bamboo pen and touch for even moar precision stuff. ;D

Almost like you.  For my home main rig, I use a m705 primarily.  I have a m570 in the box, but debate whether to open it vs. sell it.  I'm thinking of getting a couple trackballs, CST2545W-5W and one of the Kensingtons.

For work, I use a piece of s hit generic HP/Compaq roller ball.  I also have an older Macbook Pro that I use with an Apple Pro Keyboard, HP USB piece of shi t mouse and Apple Trackpad (which I don't use too much).

IBM Model F122 X 2 internal Soarer's || IBM Model M122 internal Soarer's || AEK II SKCM Salmon ALPS external adb_usb converter ||  AEK M0115 SKCM Orange ALPS click mod external adb_usb converter || AEK M0115 SKCM Salmon ALPS external adb_usb converter ||

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 13:54:35 »
Still using my trusty Logitech g400.  I don't think i'll upgrade from this until I absolutely need to, I love it for gaming and general usage.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 04:16:04 »
Avior 7000
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 14:58:02 »
Back to my IE 3.0!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:50:35 »
Getting a Huoin 420 for Osu... gonna play around with that. For now still using old ass G9x, hate the built in slight acceleration but such a nice mouse.
I love Elzy

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 17:16:19 »
Zowie FK1, my new favorite mouse.

Offline TheMark

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 17:54:24 »
Right pointer finger on iPad.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 19:51:02 »
Actually am now using the current Avior SK from Mionix.

Brilliant WMO like setup, which I have always liked in the past but have never found a mouse with a decent size for my hand to use.  The original WMO was just too small to ever use comfortably for more than an hour before 'hand-cramp' occurs.

Mionix have just made, in my humble opinion a "Perfect WMO" style of mouse.  The only major piss-off is the side buttons which I NEVER need to use, so having to install their software I then disabled them all.

You can easily lift the Avior SK with it's side buttons because I use them as side grips hence the need to disable them from working  :thumb: .

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 19:52:35 »
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get yours?  I tried to get one on Amazon as soon I heard of the changes, but unfortunately the shipping time listed is "1-3 Months" I'd love to know of another retailer that may have them stocked.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #117 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 20:58:52 »
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get yours?  I tried to get one on Amazon as soon I heard of the changes, but unfortunately the shipping time listed is "1-3 Months" I'd love to know of another retailer that may have them stocked.
I got mine from SuperBiiz about 10 days ago, but they are out of stock now.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 21:58:24 »

For work, I use a piece of **** generic HP/Compaq roller ball.  I also have an older Macbook Pro that I use with an Apple Pro Keyboard, HP USB piece of **** mouse and Apple Trackpad (which I don't use too much).

The m570 has served me very well. I had to replace the left click micro switch since it was starting to register double-clicks and miss some clicks. Now everything is working fine.

Why not give the m570 a go? I use mine 90% of the time (don't game much these days). 10% is mouse work in Photoshop.

Anyway, I haven't used a trackball since the late 90s and while I've considered getting a CST2545W-5W I don't know if I'll like the wrist angle in use.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 09:57:14 »
My mouse status is unchanged. As of today, I am still using the Hewlett-Packard USB mouse:

CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 07:06:24 »
My mouse status is unchanged. As of today, I am still using the Hewlett-Packard USB mouse:
Show Image

Ahem......That's an early Logitech design made by them for HP.

I knew Logitech made decent mice in the past as well as today, how could you go wrong otherwise.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 11:32:14 »
Show Image

Ahem......That's an early Logitech design made by them for HP.

I knew Logitech made decent mice in the past as well as today, how could you go wrong otherwise.

They're decent mice. Just plain and simple units that get the job done.

By the way, my mouse status has changed: now I am utilizing a trackpoint on a Lenovo Thinkpad X61.

Offline Demetrium

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 14:11:19 »
At work: Intellimouse Optical
At home: Zowie FK

Left handed pleb race 4TL.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 16:50:46 »
BREAKING NEWS

I have resumed my use of the Hewlett Packard USB mouse.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 05:25:45 »
Zowie FK1.

Great mouse, seems to be of high quality. All the buttons and the scroll wheel feels very nice. The shape is somewhat questionable at the moment, but that's because I'm used to mice like IE 3.0, DA, and EC2 eVo. Still, I think this is a keeper.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 10:06:06 »
I'm presently using four mice for my four rigs:
Main rig - Logitech G502
2nd rig - Roccat Kone XTD
3rd rig - Logitech G402
4th rig - Logitech G700s

Some pics -
G402 and G502

G700s and the trusty CM Xornet (spare mouse, mothballed)

G700s with the Thermaltake Level 10M mouse (spare, mothballed), and the Xornet....the Level 10M mouse is one of the most uncomfortable mice I've ever used. Looks great, but I have a dull ache on my palm after using it for a short time, never quite gotten used to it.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 12:49:22 »
I am still using the Hewlett Packard USB mouse featured in my previous post.

Offline ddot

• Master of Suspense
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 18:18:48 »
Logitech  M570 Wireless Trackball

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 10:14:05 »
I am now using a Dell USB mouse.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 00:08:13 »
I am now using a Dell USB mouse.

Since you're doing the rounds with the greater manufacturer's here when will you get an official Compaq rodent to test out?
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 August 2014, 06:00:25 by Elrick »

Offline RED-404

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 00:23:13 »
I have some Packard Bell, eMachines and Reveal mice laying around someplace if you need them microsoft windows. Hell, if I dig hard enough, I think I even have a Zenith branded mouse.

Offline deltuhhh

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 16:11:18 »
I'm currently using the Zowie FK1 that I just go a few days ago. It's freakin' amazing

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 16:34:34 »
I'm currently using the Zowie FK1 that I just go a few days ago. It's freakin' amazing

Been using mine for a month and now its my "favorite". The FK1 is the hottest new Zowie mouse right now.

Offline Freebird

• SSRCG
« Reply #133 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 08:28:30 »
Just made the switch from a Naga to a Steel Series Sensei, feels more accurate than my Naga for CS. It might just be the placebo effect though haha.

Offline finleye

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 17:44:43 »
I'm currently using Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX. I'm a big fan. It's quite comfortable, molded to the natural "fall" of your hand. It tracks really well, and it has a great button toggle for free wheel "hyper fast" scroll, and staggered conventional step scrolling. The battery life is pretty solid, and the proprietary wireless connection is much more reliable than bluetooth, and no noticeable wake delay. I highly recommend it.
HHKB Pro 2 White // HHKB Pro 2 Black // JD40 Clears // Infinity Hacker Clears
[WTB] Ergodox [WTT] Bro Caps / Project Hot Keys
HeatWare Profile

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 20:25:50 »
trying out the KPM right now. good stuff. definitely more fitting to my tastes than the Avior, unfortunately. the avior was near-perfect, just should have been a teeeeny tiny bit lighter I think. and less fat booty... but I have a strange way of gripping, it seems.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 20:40:46 »
the avior was near-perfect, just should have been a teeeeny tiny bit lighter I think. and less fat booty... but I have a strange way of gripping, it seems.

You need that Fat Booty because its all Gooooodddddddd  :p .  There's just so much more to love and squeeze your way into nirvana, god how I love big booty's  8) .

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 21:50:39 »
I have a very strong feeling you are not talking about mice here... :p in which case, I don't disagree! but for mice, no fat chicks!

Offline ahshwebah

« Reply #138 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 15:55:43 »
Logitech M570. my first trackball and i can't imagine going back to a regular mouse.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 00:31:42 »
the avior was near-perfect, just should have been a teeeeny tiny bit lighter I think. and less fat booty... but I have a strange way of gripping, it seems.

You need that Fat Booty because its all Gooooodddddddd  :p .  There's just so much more to love and squeeze your way into nirvana, god how I love big booty's  8) .

I have a very strong feeling you are not talking about mice here... :p in which case, I don't disagree! but for mice, no fat chicks!

Fat mice?
:/

Are you discriminating against the naos?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 00:41:41 »
Fat mice?

The Naos looks like Courtney-Love-On-Crack.  Whilst the Avior looks like Joanne Borgella, absolutely yumm  8) .
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 September 2014, 00:46:44 by Elrick »

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 01:45:44 »
Fat mice?

The Naos looks like Courtney-Love-On-Crack.  Whilst the Avior looks like Joanne Borgella, absolutely yumm  8) .

I don't know either of them  :))
But I do remember that thread where you had endless praise for the NAOS

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 09:35:00 »

Fat mice?

I sure am, gosh dang it!

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 10:30:47 »
The Naos is one of the biggest "love or hate" mice, and unfortunately my relationship with my Naos 8200 will most likely end up in a divorce.

She's just waaaay too fat for me.
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 12:37:24 »
The Naos is one of the biggest "love or hate" mice, and unfortunately my relationship with my Naos 8200 will most likely end up in a divorce.

She's just waaaay too fat for me.

it's probably for the better... hope it's not too rough a divorce :( hang in there!

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 12:42:02 »
At work: Intellimouse Explorer 3.0
At home: Zowie FK1

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 12:49:02 »
My white EC2 eVo broke down, so I bought a FK1, but then I realized I needed the shape of the eVo so I bought a new black EC2 eVo and that is the mouse I'm currently using. =)
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 13:15:50 »
At work: Intellimouse Explorer 3.0
At home: Zowie FK1
Steal that IME 3.0 back!

My white EC2 eVo broke down, so I bought a FK1, but then I realized I needed the shape of the eVo so I bought a new black EC2 eVo and that is the mouse I'm currently using. =)
Aww sorry to hear that the FK1 didn't work out :/.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #148 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 16:40:51 »
Steal that IME 3.0 back!

Thankfully it's mine, brought it in from home :)

Offline gooseta

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 14:43:10 »
Steelseries sensei
WASD v1 with browns
Ducky Shine 3 TKL with blues and orange backlight
KBT Pure with greens
Leopold FC660M with blues
Spirit 87% with clears