Author Topic: Novatouched HHKB Space bar Issue  (Read 4234 times)

Offline Mitchis

Novatouched HHKB Space bar Issue
« on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 05:17:51 »
Hello everybody,
I just bought an awesome HHKB and it is way better than any mech I've tried so far, so eat it Mech fanatics !
I just NovaTouched it and stumbled upon a few issues with the space bar.
So basically, the length and the stabs are not common, so either you decide to keep the original 6U space bar with the original stabs and stem, or you decide to switch to the Cherry stems and somehow try to find a spacebar that can fit.

I watched a few videos of poeple with Novatouched HHKB and each uses a different type. So I was wondering, how did you guys choose your own space bar.
Is there even a way to fit a 6.25 Cherry bar ? Because I have a wonderful Asian old-painting 6.25 Cherry stems that would go beautifully with my Korean root Vints.
Thank you for reading.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: Novatouched HHKB Space bar Issue
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 07:45:24 »
There is no way you can get a 6.25 spacebar on a HHKB you would have to basically change the pcb and the whole top part of the keyboard. If you are looking for 6U spacebars with the right spacing you can find those in GMK spacebar sets mostly. 
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Mitchis

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 18:30:58 »
I'm not so sure though, if I pick smaller keys to replace the metas, maybe I can squeeze in that 6.25, I just need  those stems to fall in perfectly.

Offline TheMnBN

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 21:58:40 »
What you said above is simply not possible.

Please use a 6U MX spacebar for your HHKB