Author Topic: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)  (Read 1945517 times)

Offline wuqe

Re: [GB] Granite Set ~ Sublimated Full PBT (spacebar included)
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 16:23:09 »
Can one purchase additional kits after the initial checkout? I want to get some kits now to provide support for their tiers, but I am on the fence about some (nerdom...)

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 16:27:23 »
yes, all DSA. Why? I saw that the same key is available elsewhere but honestly we started talking about this set months ago.
Chill, I am not interested in making any Blue Sun logo keycaps. I am an opportunistic gentleman and will be waiting for Ivan set.

Anyway the Nerdom kit is not 100% final.
What do you mean 'not 100% final?' The Group Buy has officially started, and people are placing orders...how is it not final?

Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline Excessive

• Signature Plastics
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 16:30:32 »
Can one purchase additional kits after the initial checkout? I want to get some kits now to provide support for their tiers, but I am on the fence about some (nerdom...)

You can buy individual mods later, and we will just package your order together upon completion of the group buy.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 16:32:59 »

You can buy individual mods later, and we will just package your order together upon completion of the group buy.

What about the shipping cost at the end of the other check outs?  Will that be refunded if we are charged more then once for shipping ?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Excessive

• Signature Plastics
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 16:41:43 »
Shipping on the Mods is cheaper than a base set and covers the cost of the added weight.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 17:01:03 »
This set is very very nice (loving the Russian kit)!  Prices look very reasonable as well at higher tiers.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 17:12:19 »
9 sets sold already! This is selling fast.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 17:34:44 »
What do you mean 'not 100% final?' The Group Buy has officially started, and people are placing orders...how is it not final?

I wrote it into the OP, 1 legend may still change, the bitcoin probably. Number and size of keys are final anyway. Simply consider one of nerdom key as "Jolly" :)

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 18:17:26 »
Wouldn’t it make more sense to separate the letter/character blanks from the modifier blanks, in case someone wants legends for just modifiers or just letters?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 18:25:44 »
Wouldn’t it make more sense to separate the letter/character blanks from the modifier blanks, in case someone wants legends for just modifiers or just letters?

There is no orders for the blank set yet, so maybe it could be splitted.

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 18:28:57 »
Awesome set. Just wanted to give someone in charge of the website that when you open the link for modifiers, http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/granite-icon-modifiers/, the bottom part of the image doesn't show so it doesn't show all the 1.25 mods and the shifts. This confused the hell out of me until I viewed the image in a new tab. My zoom was at 100%, and zooming in and out didn't help the issue.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 18:30:53 »
Awesome set. Just wanted to give someone in charge of the website that when you open the link for modifiers, http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/granite-icon-modifiers/, the bottom part of the image doesn't show so it doesn't show all the 1.25 mods and the shifts. This confused the hell out of me until I viewed the image in a new tab. My zoom was at 100%, and zooming in and out didn't help the issue.

Yeah it made me look twice also. It does that on the text modifiers too.
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Razor Lotus

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 20:01:41 »
this is my first group buy

is this how the response is normally like?

The IC thread showed alot of interest. Maybe this needs more advertising or something.

Or maybe people are just being passive with their cash and waiting for other people to place the order to see the price go down to a level they want before placing theirs

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 20:03:23 »

The IC thread showed alot of interest. Maybe this needs more advertising or something.

Or maybe people are just being passive with their cash and waiting for other people to place the order to see the price go down to a level they want before placing theirs

12 kits have been sold, after some hours of the GB activation, not bad really. Just keep an eye on it by the last week. Don't expect this to be sold in the thousands though. Not the i**** sales.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 20:33:36 »
Will this have a link in the group buys section? It really needs one, especially to hit the better price points.

So if I'm understanding correctly if what I want now is say $200 I need to have $200 available to be put on hold in my PayPal even if it will maybe drop to say $125 total later on?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Brummell

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 20:35:19 »
2 common sets, 2 text mods, 1 lost & found, 1 blue enter, 1 text RGB, 1 text pro mod, 1 numpad, 1 Ergo, 1 pissed off wife. 
Unicomp Space Saver | Filco Majestouch Blue | IBM Model M | Filco Majestouch Brown | Realforce 86UB | Leopold Blue | HHKB Pro 2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 20:39:50 »

This set doesn't have the hype Toxic has, neither has the GB (or IC) been running anywhere near as long (Toxis was more than 12 months, closer to 18 months).

Also DSA is not necessarily everyone's cup of tea, but PBT should entice a few sitting on the fence to partake.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 20:40:55 »
Will this have a link in the group buys section? It really needs one, especially to hit the better price points.

So if I'm understanding correctly if what I want now is say $200 I need to have $200 available to be put on hold in my PayPal even if it will maybe drop to say $125 total later on?

The mods have already made it clear SP buys will go in SP subforum.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 21:16:16 »
2 common sets, 2 text mods, 1 lost & found, 1 blue enter, 1 text RGB, 1 text pro mod, 1 numpad, 1 Ergo, 1 pissed off wife.

Take her out for a dinner  ;)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 21:23:15 »

Correct. $200 will "disappear" (put on hold) until SP processes the correct pricing. After that, the remaining funds will be returned to your Paypal account.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 21:29:57 »

That is bull****. I hate the double standards around here. I also wish there was an easier way to commit to SP buys so more people could order and hit lower tiers sooner to promote more orders.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 21:32:02 »

That is bull****. I hate the double standards around here. I also wish there was an easier way to commit to SP buys so more people could order and hit lower tiers sooner to promote more orders.

Share your ideas. Nothing is written in stone.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 21:34:13 »
Only those buys that are handled entirely by SP (hosting, production, and distribution).

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 21:34:59 »

This set doesn't have the hype Toxic has, neither has the GB (or IC) been running anywhere near as long (Toxis was more than 12 months, closer to 18 months).

Also DSA is not necessarily everyone's cup of tea, but PBT should entice a few sitting on the fence to partake.

Similarities, or differences with other GBs may be irrelevant, just help to spread the word, if you like it.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 21:40:53 »

Correct. $200 will "disappear" (put on hold) until SP processes the correct pricing. After that, the remaining funds will be returned to your Paypal account.

I'd prefer to be invoiced at the end of the GB deadline, with the actual final price, but I can live with this. The Macross set GB worked just fine, so no worries on this.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 21:51:02 »
The Macross set GB worked just fine, so no worries on this.

Except I missed the deadline by hours because it wasn't in the group buy section and they wouldn't let me participate after an email request. Makes me think that extras will be sold on their web site above the group buy price. I really want these buys through SP to work, but the extra hoops to jump through and lack of visibility hurt pretty bad.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 21:52:56 »
The Macross set GB worked just fine, so no worries on this.

Except I missed the deadline by hours because it wasn't in the group buy section and they wouldn't let me participate after an email request. Makes me think that extras will be sold on their web site above the group buy price. I really want these buys through SP to work, but the extra hoops to jump through and lack of visibility hurt pretty bad.

Yeah, I can understand your frustration. But again, just with fresh ideas and proposals we may help to improve our beloved GH and its related resources.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 22:01:27 »
The icon modifiers ($59) is the same as the icon pro modifiers ($45)? Can I just get the $45 to complete my TKL set? Or is the pro and addition to the base mod ($59)?

Offline ZeeKay

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 22:23:27 »
Is there any way to double check your order? The "My Purchases" page is basically useless. I just want to be able to track the price as more people order.

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 22:33:54 »
The icon modifiers ($59) is the same as the icon pro modifiers ($45)? Can I just get the $45 to complete my TKL set? Or is the pro and addition to the base mod ($59)?

Pretty sure the icon pro modifiers set doesn't have enough 1.25 modifiers to cover a standard layout. Also, the icon modifiers has the print screen, insert, delete, page up/down set of 9 keys which pro modifiers seems to lack.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 23:04:03 »
The  price for what I want is over $200...

I was expecting this but, I think I'm going to have to think a bit more about this buy before I buy :S

Offline tbc

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 23:18:12 »

i wouldn't call it a doublestandard, but it's definitely ideological.

it screws over members because now we have to pay higher prices.

also people, buy more windowed caps :)
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #132 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 23:19:03 »

The pro kits are additions to the base mods. You should get one mod set, either text or icons to get a full set.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #133 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 23:25:10 »
Someone should do a Mock up with text mods and icon mods to compare  :cool:

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 23:43:37 »
I can't stop looking at this kit! I hope it hits 50 so I can double up on base and mods!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 23:48:48 »
Someone should do a Mock up with text mods and icon mods to compare  8)

Here you can see the text mods. And this is the link to an imgur image set, just be aware that the images at imgur may not be the very last ones. Thus, for details on the keys in each set refers always to the images published in the pimp site by SP.

« Last Edit: Thu, 27 March 2014, 23:52:12 by ideus »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #136 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 23:50:03 »
I hope it hits 50 so I can double up on base and mods!!!

Same here  ;D
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Brummell

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 00:03:30 »
Take her out for a dinner  ;)

Oh, it'll be worth it to see a TKL, keypad and my new Massdrop Ergo all sitting there together and matching.   :thumb:
Unicomp Space Saver | Filco Majestouch Blue | IBM Model M | Filco Majestouch Brown | Realforce 86UB | Leopold Blue | HHKB Pro 2

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 00:19:06 »
Could anyone point me to some examples of dye sublimated keycaps or sets previously made by Signature Plastics, please?  If any of them are DSA--even better!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 01:04:12 »
Could anyone point me to some examples of dye sublimated keycaps or sets previously made by Signature Plastics, please?  If any of them are DSA--even better!

I have only seen examples of their dye sub on the RGB mods they did and some of their novelty caps.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Belfong

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 01:50:15 »
For those like me who doesn't have a Pay Pal credit, whereby any Pay Pal transaction is charged directly to my credit card, what happens if the price of the base is reduced. Do we get a refund? I believe Pay Pal will charge immediately instead of hold on, in this case. This has caused me pause to proceed with checkout. Anyone with the experience?

Offline jlor

« Reply #141 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 02:03:17 »
Granite Set (PBT, dye-sub, DSA)
Granite Extra Homing keys
Granite ISO Enter
Granite Intl: NO, SW, FI, DK, ES, UK
Granite Text Pro Modifiers
Granite Text Modifiers

My tiny ducky mini will get a much needed facelift! Some good advice in this thread to mitigate the wife-factor, what would you suggest for a nagging bank lady? :-)

For those like me who doesn't have a Pay Pal credit, whereby any Pay Pal transaction is charged directly to my credit card, what happens if the price of the base is reduced. Do we get a refund? I believe Pay Pal will charge immediately instead of hold on, in this case. This has caused me pause to proceed with checkout. Anyone with the experience?
I too have my VISA directly attached to the paypal account. I believe the funds will be taken immediately from the VISA, and the discount put back once the deadline is met. Or maybe put on the paypal account, for you to transfer back to your VISA manually.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 March 2014, 02:05:15 by jlor »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #142 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 02:04:06 »
Granite Set (PBT, dye-sub, DSA)
Granite Extra Homing keys
Granite ISO Enter
Granite Intl: NO, SW, FI, DK, ES, UK
Granite Text Pro Modifiers
Granite Text Modifiers

My tiny ducky mini will get a much needed facelift! Some good advice in this thread to mitigate the wife-factor, what would you suggest for a nagging bank lady? :-)

Buy her a diamond.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #143 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 02:06:54 »

I too have my VISA directly attached to the paypal account. I believe the funds will be taken immediately from the VISA, and the discount put back once the deadline is met. Or maybe put on the paypal account, for you to transfer back to your VISA manually.

If that is the case, isn't it better to go with minimum and then add more kits when the price changed?

Or just wait a while - but waiting means that less people order and the price would not go down.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #144 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 02:16:20 »

If that is the case, isn't it better to go with minimum and then add more kits when the price changed?

Or just wait a while - but waiting means that less people order and the price would not go down.

At the end you will pay the same, the last best price for everything. Thus, it is just your choice to wait until you feel confortable with the price or just buy it. However, if you want to make this a better deal, I'd say is better to buy it right away. I am pretty sure this set orders will be in the hundreds. I do not want to compare it with other successful GBs but I think this is really special, not based just on colors, but due to the material, and design.

Offline skuko

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 02:27:56 »
can someone proficient with image editing make a mockup of yellow WASD, blue enter, red ESC, yellow WIN, orange MENU and red arrows please? :) thanks :)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #146 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 02:30:00 »
I just feel there are way too may options, specially considering that this is running through the SP site, which isn't as popular yet.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #147 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 02:36:09 »
[I am pretty sure this set orders will be in the hundreds. I do not want to compare it with other successful GBs but I think this is really special, not based just on colors, but due to the material, and design.
I want to believe, but the hit to visibility this GB will have might prevent it from reaching those lofty tiers.
Only time will tell.

Also, how often does the SP site update?
I can't be the only one who has ordered the mono legends!
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline skuko

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 03:04:17 »
so i was too impatient and did my own mockup (only used copy/paste in paint, so please excuse the crappy quality). i present to you

THE DSA PBT UNICORN VOMIT!

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 03:08:10 »
It looks like the colored keys are playing Tetris on your board.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.