Author Topic: [SPRiT] R1 R2 (Shipping 92% Completed)  (Read 1783980 times)

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
Hi Sprit, I sent you a second form to order stabs but got no invoice for it.

Is it normal or not?
Hello ! Mr. JPG !   :) 

I have been watching the MOQ and QTY for Stabilizers.  And I ordered Last week.    :)
And I will send The Shipping Invoice with the newly added orders and parts (LEDs, Springs, Stabs..)   :)
I have started sending The Shipping Invoices!   Really Appreciate For Your Support and Patience!!  ;) 
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 January 2014, 10:17:47 by sprit »

Offline winged mantis

Do the plates allow for switch disassembly?

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
Hi Sprit, I sent you a second form to order stabs but got no invoice for it.

Is it normal or not?
Hello ! Mr. JPG !   :) 

I have been watching the MOQ and QTY for Stabilizers.  And I ordered Last week.    :)
And I will send The Shipping Invoice with the newly added orders and parts (LEDs, Springs, Stabs..)   :)
I have started sending The Shipping Invoices!   Really Appreciate For Your Support and Patience!!  ;) 

Thanks again sprit :D

:thumb:

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
Paid!

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
Do the plates allow for switch disassembly?
Hello!  winged mantis! :)
Yes! The plates allow for switch to disassembe!

Offline lilky

Will the keyboard come fully assembled or will we be putting it together ourselves? I saw Sprit say they do come fully assembled, but some of the others are saying this is not true. Which is it?

Also, if you order a TKL, will the top cover be all acrylic/metal, or will it be black plastic like in this picture: http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=50580.0;attach=47055;image

Offline lotus1109

Hi Sprit, please check your pm ya  :)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
Will the keyboard come fully assembled or will we be putting it together ourselves? I saw Sprit say they do come fully assembled, but some of the others are saying this is not true. Which is it?

Also, if you order a TKL, will the top cover be all acrylic/metal, or will it be black plastic like in this picture: http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=50580.0;attach=47055;image
The first round is just going to be complete PCBs, by that I mean its going to have all the SMD soldering done for you so all you need to do is add the switches and put it in a case. Sprit is going to offer a service for the 2nd round where you can have people assemble it for you, from what I understand.

Offline lilky

The first round is just going to be complete PCBs, by that I mean its going to have all the SMD soldering done for you so all you need to do is add the switches and put it in a case. Sprit is going to offer a service for the 2nd round where you can have people assemble it for you, from what I understand.

By "add the switches" do you mean soldering the switches to the PCB?

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo

Yes

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
And by "put in a case" I mean that I will type on the flat PCB over cardboard.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=50580.0;attach=47055;image   
Top cover will be Provided!  The Pic shows  Commercial PCBs into my Case, Sorry for confusion! 
:)   

Round 1 GB is basically Self-assemble,  Round 2 is You can Choose Parts, All assembled (SWs, Diodes, LEDs, etc)    :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 January 2014, 22:21:26 by sprit »

Offline witbliz

Sprit, can I hold my 1st round order so that your team can assemble it ? Or should I cancel and wait for your second round to happen ?

Offline lilky

http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=50580.0;attach=47055;image   
Top cover will be Provided!  The Pic shows  Commercial PCBs into my Case, Sorry for confusion! 
:)   

Round 1 GB is basically Self-assemble,  Round 2 is You can Choose Parts, All assembled (SWs, Diodes, LEDs, etc)    :)

If we participate in round 2, can we choose the spring weight AND switch type?

Offline kennyk64

I've already ordered but I'm still waiting for the metal case...
Poker II  Shine II  Realforce 87u

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
This is pasph's Idea for the AT/XT style Layout !   :)   

What is Your Idea?   ;)     

50863-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 January 2014, 07:01:02 by sprit »

Offline WinterIsle

It's too long, I will rather get a full size keyboard instead of this.

Offline distel

Jip, its too long for my taste.
80% of the desk full with one keyboard.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

What about  Left Num Pad?   :) 

Offline WinterIsle

Left numpad i bet more than half of ppl will not utilize it, unless as macro keys setup.
Just cut out that left side f-keys will be looking much better.

Offline distel

What about  Left Num Pad?   :)

I would be in if the numpad is on the left instead of the right side and the right side is cut away.  I like it much more when left and right hand are closer together.  But thats only me.

Offline pmh1410

Sprit, your Red Aluminium housing case is nice. I want order it :)
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
I'd just like to throw my $.02 in, and say that proposed XT layout, apparently suggested by Pasph but presented by spirit, looks fine. It would be better than a conventional layout in a few ways, and certainly unique enough to justify paying for a custom keyboard.

As much as I dearly want to order an aluminum case, I probably can't afford it for any size; too many other things making claims on my income.

Also, while I'm very appreciative of the assembly services being offered, I've already gotten the switches for the particular PCB I'll be getting -- namely the ALPS board, so I won't need any extra assembly,  but might pick up extra stabilizers and possibly MX compatible springs for other projects I'm in the middle of.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline pasph

I will retry  :D

Just for fun
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
More
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Just for fun
I think the third one is the best.  :thumb:

Offline pasph

Maybe the numpad can be put on both sides like this
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline apotheosis

Would it be possible to use the full-size case to house a das-keyboard (with usb modification) or fullsize Topre Realforce 104UB or would the PCBs not fit? If so I'd buy 2 of full size metals.

Also, you have fields for metal cases in two of the forms links. Would we need to submit both?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

Spring Samples  :

Now 50g / 55g / 60g / 62g / 65g / 68g / 70g / 80g / 100g / 120g  under Production

50927-0
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 January 2014, 19:36:46 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Would it be possible to use the full-size case to house a das-keyboard (with usb modification) or fullsize Topre Realforce 104UB or would the PCBs not fit? If so I'd buy 2 of full size metals.

Also, you have fields for metal cases in two of the forms links. Would we need to submit both?

Basically It fits, of cause, Need a Mod for Screw Connexion and USB.   :) 
Actually My case design started 2 years ago, for my Filco 87% and Full size and The Poker.
I am working on, I will show soon, Sorry for the Delay! 
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 January 2014, 18:45:34 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Maybe the numpad can be put on both sides like this
Show Image

Yes! You are 110% Right!     :)
110% Model are designed for the Both Side Num Pad ! 

50915-0                50913-1
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 January 2014, 19:31:09 by sprit »

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo

Spring Samples  :

Now 50g / 55g / 60g / 62g / 65g / 68g / 70g / 80g / 100g / 120g  under Production

(Attachment Link)
Sexy! What are the springs on the left side?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

Spring Samples  :

(Attachment Link)

It's Dark Vintage MX Blue Spring from G80-1501 made in 1996.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 January 2014, 19:27:46 by sprit »

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo

Spring Samples  :

(Attachment Link)

It's Dark Vintage MX Blue Spring from G80-1501 made in 1996.
They look cool :D

I am trying to figure out how many different types of gold springs I want to order now, I know I am going to get two sets of 120g springs, a set of 65g, maybe even 62g  :rolleyes:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Can I still order springs? I've got a bunch of spring mods I've been looking to do.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear

Show Image

Just for fun

I would buy this in a heartbeat, I nearly bought the Lightsaver but the missing gap between the numpad and alphas was really off putting.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Show Image

Show Image

Just for fun
I Love  1  & 3  for myself.   :)     I'd like to call No.3 : Tenkeyless 75%  ?!? 

I always need a Gap between Alphas  and Arrows or Num Pad  !

I respect the Others may want a compact Layout!   :) 
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 January 2014, 01:29:43 by sprit »

Offline distel

I think I end up ordering in 2nd round as well as. damn sexy all that stuff.

Offline Sai

Hi spirit, do you have any price estimation for All-Assembled Full-Set from 2nd round gb ? and how long till the end date for 2nd round ?
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline witbliz

Paid my invoices and can't wait for the metal casing design to be showcased... Sprit will it be possible to show me how the gun metal grey will turn out ?  and how does multicolored LED look like with the orange LED ? confused slightly haha.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

I am sending Shipping Invoices by This Weekend,  Please Wait Guys!   :D   

Offline fuus

• All Year Christmas!
Yey sprit  :cool:
Filco - Browns

Past: Ergodox - Reds / IBM SSK / Spirit 87% - Clears / Dell AT101W

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Sprit have you posted pics of the TKL cases yet?? :P

Offline cookiesowns

Cool! How long does it take to ship from Korea to California?

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time

I've gotten some of mine in 4 business days. Normally under 2 weeks for sure though. Most likely looking at around 7 days though it's normally customs that makes it spontaneous
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
When will you send invoices for the separate orders for stabilizers and springs? If I had ordered a PCB and case, could you ship everything together? Thanks, sprit.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com

Depends on the shipping method.  To Canada from China it has been taking between 7 days and 30 days...

Offline mooswa

Sprit, you have mentioned that 2nd group buy will be open Jan 17th, but there is a link on OP to an OPEN 2nd order.  Do I wait for 17th or order now via that link?

Can anyone summarize what are the pros and cons of not using a plate for a 60%?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Depends on the shipping method.  To Canada from China it has been taking between 7 days and 30 days...

The EMS sent to NY took 4 days.  To California should be the same or less, I guess.    :)   

Offline ninjadoc

When are you shipping the first round of PCB's and plates?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Sprit, you have mentioned that 2nd group buy will be open Jan 17th, but there is a link on OP to an OPEN 2nd order.  Do I wait for 17th or order now via that link?

Can anyone summarize what are the pros and cons of not using a plate for a 60%?

Hi~ moosa !  :) 
2nd GB ready, So I opened earlier,  Sorry for Confusion!   :)

This is just my very personal Opinion :

< Using a Metal Plate for a 60%  : Pros  and Cons? >
Pros  : Solid, Rigid, Stable Key Touch and Slider movement, good for 62g +
Cons : Hard, Stiff, Sometimes painful for the Soft Key Touch Users under 60g.

< Using a Acry Plate for a 60%  : Pros  and Cons? >
Pros  : Solid, Rigid, Stable Key Touch and Slider movement, with Overall Softness. and You can Enjoy the PCB Colors and Better LED effects.
Cons :  Thin Acryl may breaks, but Thick Acryl are Solid enough. Weak to the Scratch, Need a Soft brush ro clean.