Author Topic: [SPRiT] R1 R2 (Shipping 92% Completed)  (Read 1783971 times)

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
When are you shipping the first round of PCB's and plates?
Hello Nijadoc !   :)
I am sending The Shipping Invoices and Sorting out the simple order first,  So preparing to Ship the Simple Orders first!
I sent Some this week.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
When will you send invoices for the separate orders for stabilizers and springs? If I had ordered a PCB and case, could you ship everything together? Thanks, sprit.

Hello keymaster :) I am sending The Shipping Invoices and Sorting out the simple order first,  So preparing to Ship the Simple Orders first!
The Gold Springs are under production, so I will start packing The Springs Order Next week,  surely Yours Too.  :)

Offline ithinkimkorean

I think I forgot to specify what kind of stabilizers I wanted on my order form. I wanted plate ones :D

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
I think I forgot to specify what kind of stabilizers I wanted on my order form. I wanted plate ones :D

Hello!  Happy New Year !  :)
I will check and Pack proper ones for You !   :)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Will Ship the Simple Orders first!

Haha, my three order madness is going to get shipped last.  :P

Offline mooswa

This is just my very personal Opinion :

< Using a Metal Plate for a 60%  : Pros  and Cons? >
Pros  : Solid, Rigid, Stable Key Touch and Slider movement, good for 62g +
Cons : Hard, Stiff, Sometimes painful for the Soft Key Touch Users under 60g.

< Using a Acry Plate for a 60%  : Pros  and Cons? >
Pros  : Solid, Rigid, Stable Key Touch and Slider movement, with Overall Softness. and You can Enjoy the PCB Colors and Better LED effects.
Cons :  Thin Acryl may breaks, but Thick Acryl are Solid enough. Weak to the Scratch, Need a Soft brush ro clean.

Thanks Sprit!  And how does that compare with going bare PCB / no plate - I understand that is also an option, right?

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com

This is just my very personal Opinion :

< Using a Metal Plate for a 60%  : Pros  and Cons? >
Pros  : Solid, Rigid, Stable Key Touch and Slider movement, good for 62g +
Cons : Hard, Stiff, Sometimes painful for the Soft Key Touch Users under 60g.

< Using a Acry Plate for a 60%  : Pros  and Cons? >
Pros  : Solid, Rigid, Stable Key Touch and Slider movement, with Overall Softness. and You can Enjoy the PCB Colors and Better LED effects.
Cons :  Thin Acryl may breaks, but Thick Acryl are Solid enough. Weak to the Scratch, Need a Soft brush ro clean.

Thanks Sprit!  And how does that compare with going bare PCB / no plate - I understand that is also an option, right?

I think that depends on the case you plan to use. Not sure all of his cases support no plate. I'm sure he will verify.

No plate will be much softer and not as ridged as plate mounted.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

Preparing to Ship :  Need to Sort and Pack into Small Packs.    ;) 

51119-0 
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2014, 00:36:48 by sprit »

Offline o3okevin

Ouch, $50 shipping to Canada... kind of expected it though :P

Looking forward to getting this soon!

Offline ckywylee

Hello sprit, can I only buy MX springs on 2nd GB?

Offline cookiesowns

I am sending Shipping Invoices by This Weekend,  Please Wait Guys!   :D     
Cool! How long does it take to ship from Korea to California?
Depends on the shipping method.  To Canada from China it has been taking between 7 days and 30 days...

The EMS sent to NY took 4 days.  To California should be the same or less, I guess.    :)   

Cool. I really need to get my items in before February 4th. You think that's possible? So it will need to be shipped before end of this month.

Offline justnits

sprit, invoice #1400 paid :)
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline lilky

Ouch, $50 shipping to Canada... kind of expected it though :P

Only $50? I live in the US and my shipping is $72...that's like a whole keyboard by itself.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

EMS From Korea goes to Anchorage first,  Inside USA costs more than Canada, they say.   

Korean EMS       Canada         USA
0.5KG                 23 USD        26 USD        :  Small parts (stabilizer, LEDs, Springs, Oil... etc) + Packing Materials + EMS Box
0.75KG               27 USD        30 USD        :  1set of SWs + Packing Materials + EMS Box
1 Kg                    30 USD        35 USD        : 1 PCB + 1 Plate + Packing Materials + EMS Box
2 KG                    48 USD        56 USD        : 1 PCB + 1 Plate + SWs + Small parts + Packing Materials + EMS Box
3 KG                    55 USD        64 USD        : 1 PCB + 1 Plate + SWs + Small parts + 60%, 70% Case + Packing Materials + EMS Box
3.5KG                  58 USD        68 USD        : 1 PCB + 1 Plate + SWs + Small parts + 87%, 110% Case + Packing + EMS Box
4KG                     62 USD        72 USD        : 2 PCB + 2 Plate + SWs + Small parts + 87%, 110% Case + Packing + EMS Box

* The Korean Post Say All Cargos from Korea go to Anchorage first, then to the Main Terminals in USA, and to each City.
   For Canada, the Process seems more Simple.  (added  Jan 16 22:57) 

* 1 USD here includes Paypal Fees and Exchange Rates.   
* My Shipping Cost  = EMS Fee + (Packing Materials + Boxes (Inner Boxes) and Labor etc included = around Total 2~5 USD,
depends on the Total Packing Size and Weight.)   (edited Jan.16 22:57)   

* If There is Overcharge, or undercharge, I will refund or charge that ! (*added  Jan.16 22:57) 

EMS       http://www.koreapost.go.kr/eng/sub/subpage.jsp?contId=e1020300       3-7 days  to America, EU
Air Parcel    http://www.koreapost.go.kr/eng/sub/subpage.jsp?contId=e1010605    2-3 Weeks to America, EU

51143-0   
Canada = 3지역 (Zone 3)   USA(미국) = 특정5지역 (*Zone 5)

http://ems.epost.go.kr/front.EmsDeliveryDelivery02.postal  (Documents  /  Parcel Box)
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 June 2014, 17:49:32 by sprit »

Offline kennyk64

Waiting patiently for the Rise of the ALPS...
Poker II  Shine II  Realforce 87u

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Ouch, $50 shipping to Canada... kind of expected it though :p

Only $50? I live in the US and my shipping is $72...that's like a whole keyboard by itself.

Shipping cost  72 USD to USA is based on Total 3.5KG (He ordered acryl Plate,  Yours is 4mm Metal plate) + Packing Materials and EMS Boxs (+ Inner Boxes) + Labor.

His Order is Total 2.5Kg to Canada!  (Edited  Jan. 16 22:48)
If There is Overcharge, or undercharge, I will refund or charge that !  ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2014, 20:49:15 by sprit »

Offline xandr

I take it, you're still in the process of invoicing everyone from the first GB?

Just asking, because I haven't received a shipping invoice yet and I somehow tend to believe that you're not gonna send my order to Ireland for free. :P
Sprit 60% w/MX Clear in DuckMini V2 case | Matias Quiet Pro (office)

Offline kennyk64

Is the 75% metal case compatible with keycool 84 PCB?
Poker II  Shine II  Realforce 87u

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
Spirit you got my PM? :)
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
So is my shipping also going to cost $72 because I got a 4mm thick plate?

Offline geogga

• gosh dang GH and their GBs
Hey guys, this looks very interesting.

I can't really find the difference between the metal and acrylic cases...

What is the reasoning behind different alu plates (1.6mm vs 4mm)? Also acrylic plate?

I know this question is slightly more obvious but uhh which mx switch has which weighted spring?

Sorry for sounding annoying, but I may want to get this and I have never built my first keyboard yet.

Also, when is the deadline for this? Will there be another round or website where we can order the parts off of?
Looks gorgeous and I don't want to miss this opportunity but I will if it is available later.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
Hey guys, this looks very interesting.

I can't really find the difference between the metal and acrylic cases...

What is the reasoning behind different alu plates (1.6mm vs 4mm)? Also acrylic plate?

I know this question is slightly more obvious but uhh which mx switch has which weighted spring?

Sorry for sounding annoying, but I may want to get this and I have never built my first keyboard yet.

Also, when is the deadline for this? Will there be another round or website where we can order the parts off of?
Looks gorgeous and I don't want to miss this opportunity but I will if it is available later.

The original post and the wiki have all the answers you seek.

http://wiki.geekhack.org/index.php?title=GeekHackWiki

Offline roadblock2thesun

Can I still add stabilizers to my order if I have not received a shipping invoice yet?

What would be the best way to do so?

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
No idea of course, but ... that IS a lot of aluminum you're making the carriers lug around all day. As they walk across the ocean from Korea.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
Hopefully it isn't because all I ordered was a PCB, Plate and some accessories, I didn't get a case or anything :P

Offline fuus

• All Year Christmas!
*pray* mine is under 1KG!
EDIT: It's almost certainly 2, how upsetting  :-X
Filco - Browns

Past: Ergodox - Reds / IBM SSK / Spirit 87% - Clears / Dell AT101W

Offline cookiesowns

EMS From Korea goes to Anchorage first,  Inside USA costs more than Canada, they say.   

0.5KG                 23 USD        26 USD        :  Small parts (stabilizer, LEDs, Springs, Oil... etc) + Packing Materials + EMS Box
0.75KG               27 USD        30 USD        :  1set of SWs + Packing Materials + EMS Box
1 Kg                    30 USD        35 USD        : 1 PCB + 1 Plate + Packing Materials + EMS Box
2 KG                    48 USD        56 USD        : 1 PCB + 1 Plate + SWs + Small parts + Packing Materials + EMS Box
3 KG                    55 USD        64 USD        : 1 PCB + 1 Plate + SWs + Small parts + 60%, 70% Case + Packing Materials + EMS Box
3.5KG                  58 USD        68 USD        : 1 PCB + 1 Plate + SWs + Small parts + 87%, 110% Case + Packing + EMS Box
4KG                     62 USD        72 USD        : 2 PCB + 2 Plate + SWs + Small parts + 87%, 110% Case + Packing + EMS Box

* My Shipping Cost  = EMS Fee + Packing Materials + Boxes (Inner Boxes) and Labor included.   

(Attachment Link)   Canada = 3지역 (Zone 3)   USA(미국) = 특정5지역 (*Zone 5)
 http://ems.epost.go.kr/front.EmsDeliveryDelivery02.postal   

Doesn't look too bad. So My order should be around 8-10KG, not bad at all.  Sprit again. I really appreciate it if you can get this shipped out before end of this Month. In fact, if you can get the items to me before February 6th, I'll be able to do thorough overview & review, as well as high def pictures that you can use :)

Offline BlueBär

25$ shipping for springs and stabs :-\
No cheaper option available? Like in a bubble mailer or something?

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
Hi sprit, I see you've added some pics of the metal case. Could we get some side picture views? And maybe even bottom pick :)  thanks!
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Hi sprit, I see you've added some pics of the metal case. Could we get some side picture views? And maybe even bottom pick :)  thanks!

Where are these pictures you speak of?  I only see the hybrid metal case in the OP...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
How long do we have to pay? I need until Feb. :(
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline pasph

Can we have an acry case for 110% with the numpad on the left side?
On this 2nd  Order can we have that configuration all assembled?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Do you have an aluminum plate for sale that would fit a Filco tenkeyless board? If so, would it be possible to order only the plate and maybe a few spring sets (62g, 65g, 68g)?

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.

Where are these pictures you speak of?  I only see the hybrid metal case in the OP...

"SPRIT  Model 1  Metal  -  Design No.02      Pics below    "

I assumed the pics below were metal cases + acryl midplate. I guess it might have been a fusion mix.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline geogga

PCB info says All SMDs are presoldered.
If we want to assemble this ourselves, do we have to solder anything else on the PCB ( besides LEDs and switches)

Also, is the springs option for people who want to change the spring? like a spring swap?
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2014, 20:38:01 by geogga »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Hello HPE100 !  :) 

YouR Order is  : 60% PCB + 4mm Alu Plate +  1set LED + No case
After Packing, it is estimated to be : 200g + 600g + 30g + Inner Box (150g) + EMS Box No.3 (250g) = 1.25KG

Korean Post EMS 1.25KG costs aroung 40 USD 
+ (Packing Box 1USD + Packing materials 1USD + etc = 3 USD for Small Packing)
(40 USD after my Paypal fee will be 38.4 USD and Exchange rate will be 39.5(x1,000) Korean Won, hoplely)

Total Estimated Packing and Shipping Cost to USA = 40 USD + 3 USD = 43 USD. 
* If There is Overcharge, or undercharge, I will refund or charge that !   
:)
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2014, 20:52:49 by sprit »

Offline justnits

If we want to assemble this ourselves, do we have to solder anything else on the PCB ( besides LEDs and switches)

Also, is the springs option for people who want to change the spring? like a spring swap?

just switches and led that needs to be soldered on.
all pcb already have SMD parts soldered on including diodes and also resistors if i'm not mistaken.

yes u may purchase springs to swap springs on your switches.
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Can I still add stabilizers to my order if I have not received a shipping invoice yet?What would be the best way to do so?

Hi   roadblock2thesun    :) 
Yes!  You send me A New Order Form  Plz !    :)

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
*pray* mine is under 1KG!
EDIT: It's almost certainly 2, how upsetting  :-X
Hello ! fuus!  How are You?   :)

Your Order is  : 87% PCB + 5mm Acryl Plate + 1set SW +  1set LED + 1set Stabilizer .
Estimated packing weight is :  200g + 450g (inner Box) + 500g + 30g + 50g + EMS Box No.3(250g) = 1480g  = 1.48Kg

* If There is Overcharge, or undercharge, I will refund or charge that !    :)   

« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2014, 21:11:50 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

8KG                 88 USD      104USD    

* My Shipping Cost  = EMS Fee + Packing Materials + Boxes (Inner Boxes) and Labor included.   

(Attachment Link)   Canada = 3지역 (Zone 3)   USA(미국) = 특정5지역 (*Zone 5)
 http://ems.epost.go.kr/front.EmsDeliveryDelivery02.postal   

Doesn't look too bad. So My order should be around 8-10KG, not bad at all.  Sprit again. I really appreciate it if you can get this shipped out before end of this Month. In fact, if you can get the items to me before February 6th, I'll be able to do thorough overview & review, as well as high def pictures that you can use :)

Hello !  cookiesowns  :)   How's going? 

Korean EMS        Canada         USA   
8KG                 88 USD      104USD    

They Say All Cargos from Korea go to Anchorage first, then to some Main Terminals in USA, and to the each City.For Canada, the Process seems more Simple.
My goal is send all before the end of Jan. !
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 January 2014, 01:28:00 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
25$ shipping for springs and stabs :-\
No cheaper option available? Like in a bubble mailer or something?
Hi!  BlueBär  :)
I will work on that in case of small parts!   :) 
I will post it soon ! 

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
No idea of course, but ... that IS a lot of aluminum you're making the carriers lug around all day. As they walk across the ocean from Korea.

Hello!  AKmalamute !  :) 

2.5Kg to Canada is estimated 50 USD

3.5Kg + extra costs  to USA is estimated 72 USD

* If There is Overcharge, or undercharge, I will refund or charge that !    :)    
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2014, 21:56:33 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
How long do we have to pay? I need until Feb. :(

Your Order is  :  2sets Springs + Oil 20g in bottle.

Estimated Packing Weight is :  20g +  40g + EMS No.1 Box(130g) + Bubble Cushions = Total  200g

Simple Orders going Soon!
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2014, 23:28:49 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

I will prepare that! Num Pad on the left side!    :) 

2nd GB has the all Assemble Service Option !
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2014, 21:38:36 by sprit »

Offline justnits

I will prepare that! Num Pad on the left side!    :) 

2nd GB has the all Assemble Service Option !

for a moment i thought u are going to make a numpad only pcb  :-[
| | | |

Offline geogga

just switches and led that needs to be soldered on.
all pcb already have SMD parts soldered on including diodes and also resistors if i'm not mistaken.

yes u may purchase springs to swap springs on your switches.

Thank you very much! I hope those diodes and such are included; I don't want to solder those small bits because they are a bit confusing and I need to learn a bit more on how to solder them.

So with that info in mind I may jump and get a 60% and TKL keyboard since the price is a steal I'll probably get one, hopefully my peeps at home won't critisize me on my third keyboard hehe, becoming outta control
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 January 2014, 09:23:01 by geogga »

Offline IMHB

hey sprit!

I still haven't got my invoice for the shipping for my PCB+case.....should I be concerned?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
hey sprit!

I still haven't got my invoice for the shipping for my PCB+case.....should I be concerned?
Hey!  Mr. IMHB!   :)
I am sending Invoices by this Weekend,  No Worries!   ;)     
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 January 2014, 01:33:23 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout

Sorting Process   :    MX Switches  :  Done!     

MX Clear / Red / Blue / Brown / Black

51275-0       51273-1
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 January 2014, 01:07:46 by sprit »

Offline bladegesnow

Hello sprit!
I ordered several stabilizers couple days ago, just make sure the order was successfully placed and im waiting on the invoice :) . Thank you!
More and more and more...