Author Topic: [SPRiT] R1 R2 (Shipping 92% Completed)  (Read 1783960 times)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Lubed Up Slug

Re: < SPRIT Model 1 > PCB + Case + Parts ... (Shipping 1st Round)
« Reply #2202 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 19:53:48 »
@Lubed Up Slug and @Elias Camber Thank you.

I would appreciate some high quality fotos or videos of assembled Sprit models. Especially some recommended setups, to rouse desires. Abit eyecandy as marketing would do it! :-)

I posted pictures of actually the same board earlier.  This is only a 60% but that is kind of what it would look like.  It doesn't realy give you much of an idea because you probably won't use those caps, and you won't have that case, but the PCBs will be similar, I guess.

Here are some pictures someone posted on reddit a few days ago of a completed board

Show Image

Show Image

and another one

Show Image

Show Image

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #2203 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 21:26:09 »
Sprit did you see my followup PM?
DK9008 MX Blues | CM QFR MX Blues | CM XT MX Greens

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #2204 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 23:48:31 »
Sprit did you see my followup PM?
Yes! answered!   ;)

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #2205 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 19:14:53 »
More Case Assembled
(Attachment Link)       (Attachment Link)
Wow the colours.  ;D
Hi! Pichu23 !   ;)
Do You like that color?  Your Clear Frosty Case is so cool too!   
and New 100% PCB comes.     http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50580.msg1329209#msg1329209 
64876-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 May 2014, 19:22:57 by sprit »

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #2206 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 19:20:58 »
More Case Assembled
Wow the colours.  ;D
Hi! Pichu23 !   ;)

Do You like that color?  Your Clear Frosty Case is so cool too!

I like mine! I just didn't know the colour options out there looks so nice :D
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #2208 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 20:05:45 »
More Case Assembled

The clear acrylic looks so beautiful...  :'(

I'm just afraid it'll be a fingerprint/gunk magnet.  :-[
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2209 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 20:12:55 »
More Case Assembled
The clear acrylic looks so beautiful...  :'(
I'm just afraid it'll be a fingerprint/gunk magnet.  :-[

I found the fingerprint is not that big issue, less than expected, even on the glossy finish.  ( I mean on top and side surface, Not on bottom )
Surpised to see how Many members ordered glossy, Not matte.   It's quite a fun thing to assemble each color combo orders.  ;)
I will try to prepare more Mattie Color Options in Round 2.   ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 May 2014, 20:39:35 by sprit »

Offline pasph

About this new PCB.
We can buy it in round 3 or 2?
Will be a chance to full assembly option with also the numpad on the left side?
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 May 2014, 16:55:56 by pasph »
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
I just want a black assembled 60% version. Those will be available in R2, right?

Offline rosslerosa

• MF DOOM
Will there be a restock of your stabilizers? I wanted to order but I noticed they are all gone ):

Offline fatchoi

Hi Sprit, how's the status of the 4mm alu plate please?

Offline TheMoonUnderWater

Hi Sprit

Did you see my reply PM a few days ago?

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Hi Sprit, how's the status of the 4mm alu plate please?
Hi! fatchoi !   ;)
It's still under reproduction. 

I am doing PCB and Part Shipping now,  and soldering the rest of PCBs, assembling Cases.   ;)
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 May 2014, 03:42:34 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Hi Sprit
Did you see my reply PM a few days ago?

Hi!  I got it on weekend, busy with answering the other messages,
I have answered Yours !!  ;)

Offline TheMoonUnderWater

« Reply #2217 on: Sat, 24 May 2014, 18:19:52 »
Thank you!  :thumb: Can't wait!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2218 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 14:52:36 »
I got a beautiful package from Sprit today.  :)  The packing job was awesome.  Good Job...

These PCBs look amazing!!!  They are super solid and they are stunning to look at.  I could not be happier with the quality of these boards.  Very excited to start building these...

I have to wait for my PCB holding Panavise head to arrive so I can get soldering, but that should arrive in the next day or two.  I opted to do all my own SMD soldering, so this should be some good practice.

Be patient everyone.  Sprit is doing a fabulous job here and he is producing absolutely beautiful boards.  You will not be disappointed with your purchases. 

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure...

66083-0 66085-1 66087-2 66089-3

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #2219 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 15:12:09 »
I got a beautiful package from Sprit today.  :)  The packing job was awesome.  Good Job...

These PCBs look amazing!!!  They are super solid and they are stunning to look at.  I could not be happier with the quality of these boards.  Very excited to start building these...

I have to wait for my PCB holding Panavise head to arrive so I can get soldering, but that should arrive in the next day or two.  I opted to do all my own SMD soldering, so this should be some good practice.

Be patient everyone.  Sprit is doing a fabulous job here and he is producing absolutely beautiful boards.  You will not be disappointed with your purchases. 

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)
Oh my god these look gorgeous! I expect a build log soon!  :D
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #2220 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 15:27:26 »

Ohh yes. White Pcb FTW. Looks sleek as hell eh.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2221 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 18:52:10 »

I said hot damn!

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #2222 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 00:40:59 »
Has anyone figured out how to use this on their Sprit Facew? http://boot.winkeyless.kr/bootMapper

Offline pasph

« Reply #2223 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 03:26:49 »
Has anyone figured out how to use this on their Sprit Facew? http://boot.winkeyless.kr/bootMapper

I hope for some kind of english guide
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #2224 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 07:21:41 »

Yes this please. A rough translated one would be fine as well. Not sure if there's anyone who knows how to read Korean and English around though.

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #2225 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 07:37:31 »
I wish I could help but I can't speak korean though. Looking at the bootmapper I think it has some bug. The button "load keymap_part.hex" should be able to load the hex from this http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50580.msg1256970#msg1256970, but when I try to load it and it always say invalid file type. If it could only load the hex file, that could be a good start.

Is there anyway to address that sprit? Can you ask someone to check that feature? Or it is not the way I understood that button?

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Re: &lt; SPRIT Model 1 &gt; PCB + Case + Parts ... (Shipping 1st Round)
« Reply #2226 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 07:47:26 »

I thought there was an english version somewhere. I can't remember. It would be somewhere in the thread. Maybe I just saw a google translate version, but it looked workable. I will find it later when I have a chance.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2227 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 09:36:00 »
Sprit is working on an English guide.

Have you put the board into program mode before flashing it? You need to plug in the board to the computer while holding down the Q key if I remember correctly.

Offline bubchi89

« Reply #2228 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 12:11:06 »
I wish I could help but I can't speak korean though. Looking at the bootmapper I think it has some bug. The button "load keymap_part.hex" should be able to load the hex from this http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50580.msg1256970#msg1256970, but when I try to load it and it always say invalid file type. If it could only load the hex file, that could be a good start.

Is there anyway to address that sprit? Can you ask someone to check that feature? Or it is not the way I understood that button?

Which .hex file did you try loading?

When I tested, keymain_GKP.hex wasn't "a valid keymap", but keymap_part(a87_V03)(a87U)(mxminiU)(a87UEX).hex was

My guess is that keymain_GKP.hex is, in fact, not a valid keymap. It might be some other firmware to make the keyboard work. In particular he said "GKP = ghost key protected" so it probably does stuff like debouncing or other code that's necessary for the keyboard to work. Anyways, seems like a promising route to modify the actual sample keymap hex file (keymap_part...) and then load that as the instructions describe in the post you linked.

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #2229 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 12:18:16 »

When I tested, keymain_GKP.hex wasn't "a valid keymap", but keymap_part(a87_V03)(a87U)(mxminiU)(a87UEX).hex was

My guess is that keymain_GKP.hex is, in fact, not a valid keymap. It might be some other firmware to make the keyboard work. In particular he said "GKP = ghost key protected" so it probably does stuff like debouncing or other code that's necessary for the keyboard to work. Anyways, seems like a promising route to modify the actual sample keymap hex file (keymap_part...) and then load that as the instructions describe in the post you linked.

Unfortunately I tried to load all hex file but same error occurs saying "invalid file type".

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2230 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 22:20:40 »
Hello!  Guys!    :thumb:
Still many things to do!   I need to Hurry UP!    ;)   
Really  Thanks ! for Your Great Support,  Patience, and Encouragements   :thumb:
You Guys have made this happen ! :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 May 2014, 22:32:54 by sprit »

Offline bubchi89

« Reply #2231 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 02:39:17 »

Unfortunately I tried to load all hex file but same error occurs saying "invalid file type".

You tried all .hex files in this zip: http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=50580.0;attach=57170
on the keymapper here: http://boot.winkeyless.kr/bootMapper/

?

I sort of doubt you

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #2232 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 02:51:27 »

You tried all .hex files in this zip: http://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=50580.0;attach=57170

?

I sort of doubt you

Yup, tried it again just now and same result. I should use the 'load keymap_part.hex or json' button right?

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #2233 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 03:02:56 »

?

I sort of doubt you

Thanks for your doubt I have narrowed down the problem. Apparently it must have something to do with my flash player. Tried on a different machine and it is working fine now. This is the file that loads fine, keymap_part(a87_V03)(a87U)(mxminiU)(a87UEX).hex. Thanks again.

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #2234 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 03:10:11 »
User-made fotos of already delivered Sprit Models, please?

Offline kakakowie

• Make Love not War
« Reply #2235 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 03:46:34 »
User-made fotos of already delivered Sprit Models, please?
If you look through the posts dating back to late april/early may there are a few. I dont think they are any different from Sprit's photos

Offline Eszett

« Reply #2236 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 06:59:52 »
I don't see any user fotos. I wonder why, the first thing I would do when receiving the kb is proudly posting a foto here.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2237 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 07:01:27 »
I don't see any user fotos. I wonder why, the first thing I would do when receiving the kb is proudly posting a foto here.

Gots ta build em first. You got my pre build fotos a couple days ago.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #2238 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 07:23:16 »

I finally took some proper photos yesterday.

BOOM!!!

Build Log: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56822

Offline Eszett

« Reply #2239 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 07:24:04 »
@swill ah right, oversaw your fotos, thanks and keep on posting.

@infiniti
thumbs up!
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 May 2014, 07:25:39 by Eszett »

Offline Elias Camber

« Reply #2240 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 09:00:54 »
hm... for round 1 timing could be pretty good combined with Matt3os granite-GB... looking forward to seeing a lot of Sprit-boards with granite caps in June  ^-^

Offline bakteria

« Reply #2241 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 15:19:31 »

That SMD soldering is looking scary
SS 7G black - Pure red - poker blue (MKC Tray)

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #2242 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 02:18:37 »

I finally took some proper photos yesterday.

BOOM!!!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Looks good

And agree, that SMD soldering is scary  :eek:

Nice work  :D

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #2243 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 10:54:22 »
Thanks guys! SMD soldering isn't that bad. I find it easiest to solder one end of the SMD, reheat and realign if needed, and then solder the other end.

Of course proper tools and equipment make things easier.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #2244 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 11:06:44 »
Thanks guys! SMD soldering isn't that bad. I find it easiest to solder one end of the SMD, reheat and realign if needed, and then solder the other end.

Of course proper tools and equipment make things easier.

Yup! On my ErgoDox builds I'd do all the SMDs one side first, and then come back and do the other side. Muuuuch faster.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2245 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 22:48:25 »
I started my build log: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=58969.msg1349714#msg1349714

I will update it as I move along.  Probably will get a bit done each evening for the next week or so...

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #2246 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 08:16:50 »

I've started an Unofficial 60% FaceW Manual: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=58945.0

So far it covers:
1. The Basics
     1.1 Default Layers
     1.2 LED Controls

2. Software Key Mapping using Boot Mapper GUI

3. Flashing Firmware / Keymap / Macro

4. Hardware Key Mapping
     4.1 Lazy FN
     4.2 Turning Lazy FN On/Off

5. Custom Macro using Boot Mapper GUI

:thumb:

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2247 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 09:44:45 »

I've started an Unofficial 60% FaceW Manual: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=58945.0

So far it covers:
1. The Basics
     1.1 Default Layers
     1.2 LED Controls

4. Hardware Key Mapping
     4.1 Lazy FN

Nice, I will review this when I have some time...

Offline pasph

« Reply #2248 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 11:28:27 »

So far it covers:
1. The Basics
     1.1 Default Layers
     1.2 LED Controls

4. Hardware Key Mapping
     4.1 Lazy FN

Great! Thank you.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2249 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 11:30:56 »
Lazy SPRIT !!!    >:D >:D
I will update that in couple of days!    So Sorry, too busy with Packing & Shipping